RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

hello

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Oh sure!!! Count me in. If I already lived up there I might, but my stamina for that kind of rally isn't what it used to be.

-- Re: hello

Hey Liz! Congratulations on your new computer! Are you going to the Hells Angels Rally in San Fransisco this weekend (hee hee) Love, IvyLiz <elwilkinson@...> wrote:

Hello everybody and I hope you have a great weekend with lots of smiles.

I got a new computer and I'm filling up the addresses on one of the email programs that didn't quite make the trip, so any replies would be great.

Thanks, Liz

Take care,

Liz

Guest guest

I like to go for motorcycle rides, but like you, my stamina just isn't what it used to be. lol - I like boat rides too. IvyLiz <elwilkinson@...> wrote:

Oh sure!!! Count me in. If I already lived up there I might, but my stamina for that kind of rally isn't what it used to be.

-- Re: hello

Hey Liz! Congratulations on your new computer! Are you going to the Hells Angels Rally in San Fransisco this weekend (hee hee) Love, IvyLiz <elwilkinson@...> wrote:

Hello everybody and I hope you have a great weekend with lots of smiles.

I got a new computer and I'm filling up the addresses on one of the email programs that didn't quite make the trip, so any replies would be great.

Thanks, Liz

Take care,

Liz

Guest guest

I quit taking lexapro 15 mg, after taking it for a year, for many of

the reasons you have included in your email (lack of emotions and

feeling numb; these were even noticable by the people around me). I

switched to Wellbutrin 150mg SR twice a day and what a difference.

5htp sounds like some form of serotonin substitute as serotonin is

5-hydroxy-tryptophan. Actually I just found a website selling 5htp 60

tablets for $11.00. I would be quite skeptical about it though. Just

my opinion-t

> Has anyone quit taking meds,what happened? I have been on xanax,(3

> months) 20 years ago. Tofornil for years, (10),paxil (9+)zoloft, 1

> month,lex 2 months. I was put on these in the begining for

> depression,anxiety, (I was also afraid of my dh.walking on egg

> shells).My kids say I am a control freak,with my emotions.20 years

> ago, I would cry for hours,now I have little emotions. I do not

> cry,get angry,happy,etc. I am so tired of this. People think I am

> cold,I just feel numb. I do not know if it is the meds or not. I

HAVE

> BEEN ON MEDS SO LONG, I DO NOT KNOW HOW I WOULD FEEL WITHOUT THEM.

MY

> dd stoppped them ,but she takes 5htp(?) She say she has no side

> affects(she quit 3x)off of paxil,prozacDOES ANYONE TAKE 5HTP???

> in pa.

Guest guest

I did a research paper on the subject. It's got tons of info, and it's all

in one place. I can email it to any of yall If you would like it. It's

posted somewhere on this board, but i'm not sure where. If any of yall want

it, just ask. And PLEASE don't take any part of it without asking. It took

me a VERY long time to do and I don't want people stealing any of it

especially since they weren't the ones who researched for 3 hours everyday

for 2 weeks. And believe me, this is NOT the easiest topic to find info on.

I've been here from the start, and i'm so glad to see that more and more

people are coming!

I myself only joined this because I wrote a research paper on it. I have the

same color eyes, but I think different colored eyes are awesome. Mine change

color! lol. Mine are a light green/blue. That's as interesting as my eyes

get!~Raychel

>From: " shibori_fan " <shibori_fan@...>

>Reply-heterochromia

>heterochromia

>Subject: hello

>Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 08:29:30 -0000

>

>Hello everyone,

>

>Just joined the group and read through past postings. I have slight

>heterochromia; my right eye is light brown and my left eye is a

>lighter, more hazel shade. It's only noticeable in good light. My

>grandfather had very distinct heterochromia, with one brown and one

>blue eye.

>

>Here's another addition to the list of celebrities with the condition:

> Diane , who was a newscaster in Philly for many years and who

>now serves as a NJ state senator. I can't find any good pictures of

>her online.

>

>After searching online, I am really struck by the lack of information

>on the origin of heterochromia that is unrelated to a few specific

>diseases or trauma. I would think it's a pretty interesting research

>topic since the few explanations I have seen say that it has to do

>with patterns of gene expression or chimeras. I'm not sure either of

>those really explains the heredity issue, though.

>

>Anyway, I think it's pretty cool, no matter what the cause.

>

>m

>

Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee®

Security. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963

Guest guest

Not sure chimera would have anything to do with it. I mean, from

what i heard, chimera may result from the absorption of one fetus

into another. That doesnt explain the example i noted in a previous

heterochromia/message/79

I dunno though, I'm not a geneticist.

-- Kathleen

> Hello everyone,

>

> Just joined the group and read through past postings. I have

slight

> heterochromia; my right eye is light brown and my left eye is a

> lighter, more hazel shade. It's only noticeable in good light. My

> grandfather had very distinct heterochromia, with one brown and one

> blue eye.

>

> Here's another addition to the list of celebrities with the

condition:

> Diane , who was a newscaster in Philly for many years and who

> now serves as a NJ state senator. I can't find any good pictures

of

> her online.

>

> After searching online, I am really struck by the lack of

information

> on the origin of heterochromia that is unrelated to a few specific

> diseases or trauma. I would think it's a pretty interesting

research

> topic since the few explanations I have seen say that it has to do

> with patterns of gene expression or chimeras. I'm not sure either

of

> those really explains the heredity issue, though.

>

> Anyway, I think it's pretty cool, no matter what the cause.

>

> m

Guest guest

Hi lee,

I'll be interested to hear the answer to this too. I used to ride - gave up about 3 years ago. (partly due to arthritis). I had been having increasing difficulty in mounting (getting my foot up to the stirrup, and swinging my leg over), and also with my legs being stretched apart, especially on a Western saddle. Riding for more than half an hour got really painful!English saddle was easier.

I hadn't considered the possibility of riding again.... hadn't thought it was possible after hip surgery. But I hope I'm wrong!

Margaret

Hello

Hello to all,I am so happy to have found this group. I had my hip surgery on August10th. My doctor uses a minimally invasive technique. After almost threeweeks I finally am getting over the muscle and soft tissue pain. I reallyfeel like I am going to "get back to normal" whatever that may be withthis.The kicker with mine is that I have horses and my passion in life is toride. My doctor tells that after 3 months I will be able to ride.Luckily, just before all this really started I bought a small quiet littlehorse that I think will be just right for me after I heal.Is there anyone else out there who rides and who has had some experiencewith this? The main thing is the pain has gone. I was miserable everyday and it just got worse and worse. How lucky we are that there is ananswer for this. It's worth all the misery we have to go through whilehealing. My humble opinion anyway.lee

Guest guest

Hi Margaret,

Well I have to say is that I have to wish you the best of luck if you ride a horse I think that more then riding a bike but to me I guess I be affraid to do both but thats me you guys are like 15 years younger then me I'm 61 and I'll stay on the ground LOL LOL

SusieMargaret Hayon <margaret@...> wrote:

Hi lee,

I'll be interested to hear the answer to this too. I used to ride - gave up about 3 years ago. (partly due to arthritis). I had been having increasing difficulty in mounting (getting my foot up to the stirrup, and swinging my leg over), and also with my legs being stretched apart, especially on a Western saddle. Riding for more than half an hour got really painful!English saddle was easier.

I hadn't considered the possibility of riding again.... hadn't thought it was possible after hip surgery. But I hope I'm wrong!

Margaret

Hello

Hello to all,I am so happy to have found this group. I had my hip surgery on August10th. My doctor uses a minimally invasive technique. After almost threeweeks I finally am getting over the muscle and soft tissue pain. I reallyfeel like I am going to "get back to normal" whatever that may be withthis.The kicker with mine is that I have horses and my passion in life is toride. My doctor tells that after 3 months I will be able to ride.Luckily, just before all this really started I bought a small quiet littlehorse that I think will be just right for me after I heal.Is there anyone else out there who rides and who has had some experiencewith this? The main thing is the pain has gone. I was miserable everyday and it just got worse and worse. How lucky we are that there is ananswer for this. It's worth all the misery we have to go through

whilehealing. My humble opinion anyway.lee

Guest guest

Hi lee,

I wish I would have seen this group before my operation four years ago and you are right this is a nice group I'm trying to find a differant dr.Well you have a nice day.

Susielee <fwpa@...> wrote:

Hello to all,I am so happy to have found this group. I had my hip surgery on August10th. My doctor uses a minimally invasive technique. After almost threeweeks I finally am getting over the muscle and soft tissue pain. I reallyfeel like I am going to "get back to normal" whatever that may be withthis.The kicker with mine is that I have horses and my passion in life is toride. My doctor tells that after 3 months I will be able to ride.Luckily, just before all this really started I bought a small quiet littlehorse that I think will be just right for me after I heal.Is there anyone else out there who rides and who has had some experiencewith this? The main thing is the pain has gone. I was miserable everyday and it just got worse and worse. How lucky we are that there is

ananswer for this. It's worth all the misery we have to go through whilehealing. My humble opinion anyway.lee

Guest guest

Hi Susie,

Actually I'm only a year behind you - I'm 60. But I guess my spirit feels younger than my body does! :)

I don'y know whether I'll actually get back to horse-riding - if so it would have to be a quiet obedient horse; and I'd have to use a mounting-block to get on its back. But it's nice to dream.......

btw - Stan - how old are you?

Margaret

Hello

Hello to all,I am so happy to have found this group. I had my hip surgery on August10th. My doctor uses a minimally invasive technique. After almost threeweeks I finally am getting over the muscle and soft tissue pain. I reallyfeel like I am going to "get back to normal" whatever that may be withthis.The kicker with mine is that I have horses and my passion in life is toride. My doctor tells that after 3 months I will be able to ride.Luckily, just before all this really started I bought a small quiet littlehorse that I think will be just right for me after I heal.Is there anyone else out there who rides and who has had some experiencewith this? The main thing is the pain has gone. I was miserable everyday and it just got worse and worse. How lucky we are that there is ananswer for this. It's worth all the misery we have to go through whilehealing. My humble opinion anyway.lee

Guest guest

Hi Margaret,

Well I don't mean you can't do it if you put your mind to it and feel that your able to do it for you did it before you see I feel young in my mind but not my body yet .LOL LOL

Well I hope everything works out for you and the best of luck in whatever you decide to do. Well you take care.

SusieMargaret Hayon <margaret@...> wrote:

Hi Susie,

Actually I'm only a year behind you - I'm 60. But I guess my spirit feels younger than my body does! :)

I don'y know whether I'll actually get back to horse-riding - if so it would have to be a quiet obedient horse; and I'd have to use a mounting-block to get on its back. But it's nice to dream.......

btw - Stan - how old are you?

Margaret

Hello

Hello to all,I am so happy to have found this group. I had my hip surgery on August10th. My doctor uses a minimally invasive technique. After almost threeweeks I finally am getting over the muscle and soft tissue pain. I reallyfeel like I am going to "get back to normal" whatever that may be withthis.The kicker with mine is that I have horses and my passion in life is toride. My doctor tells that after 3 months I will be able to ride.Luckily, just before all this really started I bought a small quiet littlehorse that I think will be just right for me after I heal.Is there anyone else out there who rides and who has had some experiencewith this? The main thing is the pain has gone. I was miserable everyday and it just got worse and worse. How lucky we are that there is ananswer for this. It's worth all the misery we have to go through

whilehealing. My humble opinion anyway.lee

Guest guest

Seventy-two. Really. And my posted photos are up-to-date. I have

been lucky most of my life being immature and having shared all of

it with people younger than I.

Maintaining low weight (140 lbs 63 kilos) and hair helped. But never

thinking old and trying to enjoy life was the real secret.

SIF

> Hi lee,

>

> I'll be interested to hear the answer to this too. I used to

ride - gave up about 3 years ago. (partly due to arthritis). I had

been having increasing difficulty in mounting (getting my foot up to

the stirrup, and swinging my leg over), and also with my legs being

stretched apart, especially on a Western saddle. Riding for more

than half an hour got really painful!English saddle was easier.

> I hadn't considered the possibility of riding again.... hadn't

thought it was possible after hip surgery. But I hope I'm wrong!

>

> Margaret

> Hello

>

>

> Hello to all,

>

> I am so happy to have found this group. I had my hip

surgery on August

> 10th. My doctor uses a minimally invasive technique. After

almost three

> weeks I finally am getting over the muscle and soft tissue

pain. I really

> feel like I am going to " get back to normal " whatever that

may be with

> this.

>

> The kicker with mine is that I have horses and my passion in

life is to

> ride. My doctor tells that after 3 months I will be able to

ride.

> Luckily, just before all this really started I bought a

small quiet little

> horse that I think will be just right for me after I heal.

>

> Is there anyone else out there who rides and who has had

some experience

> with this? The main thing is the pain has gone. I was

miserable every

> day and it just got worse and worse. How lucky we are that

there is an

> answer for this. It's worth all the misery we have to go

through while

> healing. My humble opinion anyway.

>

> lee

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

In a message dated 8/30/2004 9:46:43 PM Central Standard Time, margaret@... writes:

____

Margaret.....I forgot what became of your horse. Do you still see him sometimes? I don't think he would have qualified as a quiet obedient horse, though.

y

Guest guest

Hi Stan,

well I'm glad you told Margaret but its really hard to beleive your 72 and rolling blading and I'm 61and I really try to think young but my body tells me a differant story.Well you have great day. SusieStan <sagebush2020@...> wrote:

Seventy-two. Really. And my posted photos are up-to-date. I have been lucky most of my life being immature and having shared all of it with people younger than I.Maintaining low weight (140 lbs 63 kilos) and hair helped. But never thinking old and trying to enjoy life was the real secret.SIF> Hi lee,> > I'll be interested to hear the answer to this too. I used to ride - gave up about 3 years ago. (partly due to arthritis). I had been having increasing difficulty in mounting (getting my foot up to the stirrup, and swinging my leg over), and also with my legs being stretched apart, especially on a Western saddle. Riding for more than half an hour got really painful!English saddle was easier. > I hadn't considered the possibility of riding again.... hadn't thought it was possible after hip surgery. But I hope I'm wrong!> > Margaret> -----

Original Message ----- > From: lee > Joint Replacement > Sent: Saturday, August 28, 2004 4:24 PM> Subject: Hello> > > Hello to all,> > I am so happy to have found this group. I had my hip surgery on August> 10th. My doctor uses a minimally invasive technique. After almost three> weeks I finally am getting over the muscle and soft tissue pain. I really> feel like I am going to "get back to normal" whatever that may be with> this.>

> The kicker with mine is that I have horses and my passion in life is to> ride. My doctor tells that after 3 months I will be able to ride.> Luckily, just before all this really started I bought a small quiet little> horse that I think will be just right for me after I heal.> > Is there anyone else out there who rides and who has had some experience> with this? The main thing is the pain has gone. I was miserable every> day and it just got worse and worse. How lucky we are that there is an> answer for this. It's worth all the misery we have to go through

while> healing. My humble opinion anyway.> > lee> > > > > > > >

Guest guest

Susie

My body was really good to me until 2003. But it seems to be coming

back in good form again now, especially thanks to all the exercise

I'm doing. (Don't tell anyone, but on my first day home after being

released from the rehab centre (end of 3rd week), I made love with

my 52-year-old lady Frogette friend. Promise me that you won't

spread it around. Okay? One more thing, Susie: Don't tell anyone

else how old I am. People tend to perceive me differently over two

silly numbers yet I'm the same guy I was before they found out.

Mum's the word, eh, WWW?)

> > Hi lee,

> >

> > I'll be interested to hear the answer to this too. I used to

> ride - gave up about 3 years ago. (partly due to arthritis). I

had

> been having increasing difficulty in mounting (getting my foot up

to

> the stirrup, and swinging my leg over), and also with my legs

being

> stretched apart, especially on a Western saddle. Riding for more

> than half an hour got really painful!English saddle was easier.

> > I hadn't considered the possibility of riding again....

hadn't

> thought it was possible after hip surgery. But I hope I'm wrong!

> >

> > Margaret

> > Hello

> >

> >

> > Hello to all,

> >

> > I am so happy to have found this group. I had my hip

> surgery on August

> > 10th. My doctor uses a minimally invasive technique.

After

> almost three

> > weeks I finally am getting over the muscle and soft tissue

> pain. I really

> > feel like I am going to " get back to normal " whatever that

> may be with

> > this.

> >

> > The kicker with mine is that I have horses and my passion

in

> life is to

> > ride. My doctor tells that after 3 months I will be able

to

> ride.

> > Luckily, just before all this really started I bought a

> small quiet little

> > horse that I think will be just right for me after I heal.

> >

> > Is there anyone else out there who rides and who has had

> some experience

> > with this? The main thing is the pain has gone. I was

> miserable every

> > day and it just got worse and worse. How lucky we are

that

> there is an

> > answer for this. It's worth all the misery we have to go

> through while

> > healing. My humble opinion anyway.

> >

> > lee

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

"I don't think he would have qualified as a quiet obedient horse"

The problem with quiet obedient horses is that they are still horses,

1500#'s of mind of their own! Solid as a rock one day, and spooked by

blowing leaves the next!

I don't personally know of anyone post THP who rides, but I can't see

that the position would be a problem,....abducted, not flexed to 90

degrees,. I guess I would want your stirrups to be fairly long, and

keeping a leg on the side of the horse might be hard, as that would

internally rotate your hip some. A mounting block is really good

idea, and I am not sure if I would want to mount from the operative

side or not.

What do you think y, picture someone in a squat position, feet

wide apart, but toes inward, and heels below the toes.

Just

some thoughts, Marilyn

Guest guest

y

Do you know the old song by Satchmo?

" Give me a horse

to build a dream on,

And my imagination

Will thrive upon that horse

Sweetheart, I ask no more than this

A horse to build a dream on

SIF

> In a message dated 8/30/2004 9:46:43 PM Central Standard Time,

> margaret@a... writes:

> I don'y know whether I'll actually get back to horse-riding - if

so it would

> have to be a quiet obedient horse; and I'd have to use a mounting-

block to get

> on its back. But it's nice to dream.......

> ____

> Margaret.....I forgot what became of your horse. Do you still see

him

> sometimes? I don't think he would have qualified as a quiet

obedient horse, though.

> y

Guest guest

Hi Stan,

I wouldn,t dream of telling anyone but I think who ever reads the e-mail will know but you made me laugh that always makes a person feel better thanks.

Well you be safe on those roller blades and have a nice day.

SusieStan <sagebush2020@...> wrote:

SusieMy body was really good to me until 2003. But it seems to be coming back in good form again now, especially thanks to all the exercise I'm doing. (Don't tell anyone, but on my first day home after being released from the rehab centre (end of 3rd week), I made love with my 52-year-old lady Frogette friend. Promise me that you won't spread it around. Okay? One more thing, Susie: Don't tell anyone else how old I am. People tend to perceive me differently over two silly numbers yet I'm the same guy I was before they found out. Mum's the word, eh, WWW?)> > Hi lee,> > > > I'll be interested to hear the answer to this too. I used to > ride

- gave up about 3 years ago. (partly due to arthritis). I had > been having increasing difficulty in mounting (getting my foot up to > the stirrup, and swinging my leg over), and also with my legs being > stretched apart, especially on a Western saddle. Riding for more > than half an hour got really painful!English saddle was easier. > > I hadn't considered the possibility of riding again.... hadn't > thought it was possible after hip surgery. But I hope I'm wrong!> > > > Margaret> > Hello> > > > > > Hello to all,> > > > I am so happy to have found this group. I had my hip > surgery on August> > 10th. My doctor uses a minimally invasive technique. After > almost three> > weeks I finally am getting over the muscle and soft tissue > pain. I really> > feel like I am going to "get back to normal" whatever that > may be with> > this.> > > > The kicker with mine is that I have horses and my passion in > life is to> > ride. My doctor tells that after 3 months I

will be able to > ride.> > Luckily, just before all this really started I bought a > small quiet little> > horse that I think will be just right for me after I heal.> > > > Is there anyone else out there who rides and who has had > some experience> > with this? The main thing is the pain has gone. I was > miserable every> > day and it just got worse and worse. How lucky we are that > there is an> > answer for this. It's worth all the misery we have to go > through while> > healing. My humble opinion anyway.> > > >

lee> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

Hmmm. I didn't think of that. You mean that people besides you read

these bits of nonsense I write?

All in fun, Susie.

Staninfr

> > > Hi lee,

> > >

> > > I'll be interested to hear the answer to this too. I used

to

> > ride - gave up about 3 years ago. (partly due to arthritis). I

> had

> > been having increasing difficulty in mounting (getting my foot

up

> to

> > the stirrup, and swinging my leg over), and also with my legs

> being

> > stretched apart, especially on a Western saddle. Riding for more

> > than half an hour got really painful!English saddle was easier.

> > > I hadn't considered the possibility of riding again....

> hadn't

> > thought it was possible after hip surgery. But I hope I'm wrong!

> > >

> > > Margaret

> > > Hello

> > >

> > >

> > > Hello to all,

> > >

> > > I am so happy to have found this group. I had my hip

> > surgery on August

> > > 10th. My doctor uses a minimally invasive technique.

> After

> > almost three

> > > weeks I finally am getting over the muscle and soft

tissue

> > pain. I really

> > > feel like I am going to " get back to normal " whatever

that

> > may be with

> > > this.

> > >

> > > The kicker with mine is that I have horses and my

passion

> in

> > life is to

> > > ride. My doctor tells that after 3 months I will be

able

> to

> > ride.

> > > Luckily, just before all this really started I bought a

> > small quiet little

> > > horse that I think will be just right for me after I

heal.

> > >

> > > Is there anyone else out there who rides and who has had

> > some experience

> > > with this? The main thing is the pain has gone. I was

> > miserable every

> > > day and it just got worse and worse. How lucky we are

> that

> > there is an

> > > answer for this. It's worth all the misery we have to

go

> > through while

> > > healing. My humble opinion anyway.

> > >

> > > lee

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

Guest guest

No, I haven't seen him for more than 3 years - ever since I found him a good home at a kibbutz riding stable near Haifa, where they gelded him, and I presume he is still giving riding lessons to children. I live a long way from there now, and never have reason to travel in that direction. So that was the end of my "Arab stallion" adventure........ a dream fulfilled for a while, and then I moved on.....

There are opportunities for horse-riding on ranches here in Galilee - but it's not high on my list of "must-do" things at present...

Margaret

Re: Hello

In a message dated 8/30/2004 9:46:43 PM Central Standard Time, margaret@... writes:

____

Margaret.....I forgot what became of your horse. Do you still see him sometimes? I don't think he would have qualified as a quiet obedient horse, though.

y

Guest guest

Margaret

A hippie on the Hippies with humour site just posted a message about

her riding a horse yesterday. She is ecstatic with glee. She had no

problems. I asked her for permission to post her message on this

site. I will if she gives it to me.

Staninfr

> No, I haven't seen him for more than 3 years - ever since I found

him a good home at a kibbutz riding stable near Haifa, where they

gelded him, and I presume he is still giving riding lessons to

children. I live a long way from there now, and never have reason

to travel in that direction. So that was the end of my " Arab

stallion " adventure........ a dream fulfilled for a while, and then

I moved on.....

> There are opportunities for horse-riding on ranches here in

Galilee - but it's not high on my list of " must-do " things at

present...

> Margaret

> Re: Hello

>

>

> In a message dated 8/30/2004 9:46:43 PM Central Standard Time,

margaret@a... writes:

> I don'y know whether I'll actually get back to horse-riding -

if so it would have to be a quiet obedient horse; and I'd have to

use a mounting-block to get on its back. But it's nice to

dream.......

> ____

> Margaret.....I forgot what became of your horse. Do you still

see him sometimes? I don't think he would have qualified as a quiet

obedient horse, though.

> y

>

>

>

Guest guest

I only read the stuff before and after the bits of nonsense.

Larry

At 05:56 AM 9/1/2004 +0000, you wrote:

Hmmm. I didn't think of that.

You mean that people besides you read

these bits of nonsense I write?

All in fun, Susie.

Staninfr

> > > Hi lee,

> > >

> > > I'll be interested to hear the

answer to this too. I used

to

> > ride - gave up about 3 years ago. (partly due to

arthritis). I

> had

> > been having increasing difficulty in mounting (getting my foot

up

> to

> > the stirrup, and swinging my leg over), and also with my legs

> being

> > stretched apart, especially on a Western saddle. Riding for

more

> > than half an hour got really painful!English saddle was easier.

> > > I hadn't considered the

possibility of riding again....

> hadn't

> > thought it was possible after hip surgery. But I hope I'm

wrong!

> > >

> > > Margaret

> > >

Hello

> > >

> > >

> > > Hello to all,

> > >

> > > I am so happy to have

found this group. I had my hip

> > surgery on August

> > > 10th. My doctor

uses a minimally invasive technique.

> After

> > almost three

> > > weeks I finally am

getting over the muscle and soft

tissue

> > pain. I really

> > > feel like I am going

to " get back to normal " whatever

that

> > may be with

> > > this.

> > >

> > > The kicker with mine

is that I have horses and my

passion

> in

> > life is to

> > > ride. My doctor

tells that after 3 months I will be

able

> to

> > ride.

> > > Luckily, just before

all this really started I bought a

> > small quiet little

> > > horse that I think

will be just right for me after I

heal.

> > >

> > > Is there anyone else

out there who rides and who has had

> > some experience

> > > with this?

The main thing is the pain has gone. I was

> > miserable every

> > > day and it just got

worse and worse. How lucky we are

> that

> > there is an

> > > answer for this.

It's worth all the misery we have to

go

> > through while

> > > healing. My

humble opinion anyway.

> > >

> > > lee

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Be your own

advocate! The best patient is an informed

> > patient!

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Be your own

advocate! The best patient is an informed

> > patient!

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

Guest guest

Datealittle.com and or Littlepeopledepot.com both nice sites for LP's Check em

out!

Kerry <sweetpea27022003@...> wrote:

I'm a new member. Im looking for friends male or female. I'from

North Carolina. Anyone from north carolina? cya later

===

Guest guest

Christa:

I live in Redlands, California. . very close to Riverside!! What will you be doing in Riverside? I'm one of the many people considering RNY surgery with Dr. Aceves. . but, I'm still a whole lot of scared. <Smile>

Millie

Guest guest

That's what I see and hear!! We should be so lucky to have medical attention in the states that somewhat mimick what they offer there. As I said before, I'm still in the "thinking" stage of sugery. Perhaps, if you feel up to it- once you are in Riverside- we can connect.

Millie