hello

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Rosemary. I'm so glad you came in for the picnic and had a good time! I

wanted so to meet you at the picnic but ended up unable to come. I woke up with

sciatic nerve problems. I know why because I overdid myself during the week,

but I was afraid that it would set up worse if I came to the picnic, so ended

up staying inside the whole day.

I kept thinking of everyone and so glad the weather was so beautiful!

Hope to keep hearing from you!

Suzanne H.

Dr R High Point

7/17/03

270/228

Guest guest

In a message dated 12/3/03 6:58:43 PM Eastern Standard Time, KABRHB@...

writes:

> What kind of supplements are you using? Kathy from WI

>

I am using Olive Leaf Extract, vin, Epa/Dha Essentials (vitamin e and

fish oil), Multi -vitamins, with minerals, and herbs.

Guest guest

Hi , We all worry about the prospect of surgery and hospitalization. We can only hope that it's worth it in improved quality of life. I'm scheduled for 5/17, and I'm just surviving day by day. Lots of luck!! Keep up your spirits!! CharlotteVisiondf <visiondf@...> wrote:

Hi:I just signed up on this board today and am relieved to read so many positive posts. I shattered my acetabulum 15 yrs ago in a car accident and my orthopedic surgeon did a wonderful job putting it back together. At the time he said sooner or later the traumatic arthritis would set in and I would need a replacement.Well I met with him yesterday and the time has come. I am scheduled for July 9. I am quite concerned today as I am not a very good patient and worry about the whole procedure and just being in the hospital. I know it will be better once it is over especially as my activites have been severley limited by the pain I have. I suppose I should focus on that.Thanks for listening,.

Guest guest

Charlotte

Noticed your comment about surviving day by day. Me too there.. I am scheduled for May 25th, but am getting around on crutches and back and knee are acting up also. I feel like I will need a couplete over hall not just a hip at this time. Is your back bothering you or am I just in real bad shape?

ben

Re: Hello

Hi , We all worry about the prospect of surgery and hospitalization. We can only hope that it's worth it in improved quality of life. I'm scheduled for 5/17, and I'm just surviving day by day. Lots of luck!! Keep up your spirits!! CharlotteVisiondf <visiondf@...> wrote: Hi:I just signed up on this board today and am relieved to read so many positive posts. I shattered my acetabulum 15 yrs ago in a car accident and my orthopedic surgeon did a wonderful job putting it back together. At the time he said sooner or later the traumatic arthritis would set in and I would need a replacement.Well I met with him yesterday and the time has come. I am scheduled for July 9. I am quite concerned today as I am not a very good patient and worry about the whole procedure and just being in the hospital. I know it will be better once it is over especially as my activites have been severley limited by the pain I have. I suppose I should focus on that.Thanks for listening,.

Guest guest

Hi Ben

I was wondering the same thing. Right after I made the decision to

have my surgery, it felt like everything was going out. My back

hurts as much or more than my hip does. I really believe that we

block out a lot of the pain so we can have some kind of life. The

mind is an amazing thing. But when we decide to fix the problem, our

minds let us know just how screwed up we really are....

My doc said the back pain is normal becasue of posture and probably

one leg shorter than the other. It should go away. I sure hope he

is right.

dan

> Hi:

> I just signed up on this board today and am relieved to read so

many

> positive posts.

> I shattered my acetabulum 15 yrs ago in a car accident and my

> orthopedic surgeon did a wonderful job putting it back

together. At

> the time he said sooner or later the traumatic arthritis would

set in

> and I would need a replacement.

> Well I met with him yesterday and the time has come. I am

scheduled

> for July 9. I am quite concerned today as I am not a very good

> patient and worry about the whole procedure and just being in

the

> hospital. I know it will be better once it is over especially

as my

> activites have been severley limited by the pain I have. I

suppose I

> should focus on that.

> Thanks for listening,

> .

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

> Charlotte

> Noticed your comment about surviving day by day. Me too there.. I

am scheduled for May 25th, but am getting around on crutches and

back and knee are acting up also. I feel like I will need a

couplete over hall not just a hip at this time. Is your back

bothering you or am I just in real bad shape?

> ben

Hi Ben,

Nice to know I'm not imagining these pains too.

My left hip, left back, left knee all sharp pains and I'm thinking

the back pain is the worst. It may be our bodies way of protecting

the joint. I am waiting to see a surgeon (1 month wait for

appointment-8months for surgery after that) and GP in the UK calls

it 'refered pain' argh!!!. Tis really not long now to your surgery

so hopefully you can hang on in there, take each day as it comes and

hope that some days are better than others. Tis what I'm doing just

now :-)

Leigh

Guest guest

Hi Ben, This is Charlotte responding. My surgery is scheduled for a week before yours, and it seems like forever!! My back isn't too bad, but the knee aches some, and my hip joint seems to be getting worse every day!! I have a semester to limp through, but I'm making it with a cane. We have crutches in the house and I'll use them if I must before this is over with. Reading people1s messages in the middle of the night when I can't sleep is saving my sanity. Lots of luck to all!! Charlotte <dan_pacnw@...> wrote:

Hi BenI was wondering the same thing. Right after I made the decision to have my surgery, it felt like everything was going out. My back hurts as much or more than my hip does. I really believe that we block out a lot of the pain so we can have some kind of life. The mind is an amazing thing. But when we decide to fix the problem, our minds let us know just how screwed up we really are....My doc said the back pain is normal becasue of posture and probably one leg shorter than the other. It should go away. I sure hope he is right.dan > Hi:> I just signed up on this board

today and am relieved to read so many > positive posts. > I shattered my acetabulum 15 yrs ago in a car accident and my > orthopedic surgeon did a wonderful job putting it back together. At > the time he said sooner or later the traumatic arthritis would set in > and I would need a replacement.> Well I met with him yesterday and the time has come. I am scheduled > for July 9. I am quite concerned today as I am not a very good > patient and worry about the whole procedure and just being in the > hospital. I know it will be better once it is over especially as my > activites have been severley limited by the pain I have. I suppose I

> should focus on that.> Thanks for listening,> .> > > > >

Guest guest

READING THIS MAKES ME THINK BACK TO HOW I FELT THE FIRST TIME I SAW MY SURGEON. LIKE YOU ARE SAYING: EVERYTHING HURT! I HAD REACHED MY LIMIT AND LIFE CONSISTED OF SITTING IN A CHAIR, SLEEPING IN MY BED, AND TALKING ON THE COMPUTER. NOTHING ELSE WAS POSSIBLE. THEN HE STARTED ME AT THE PAIN CLINIC WHERE I GOT EPIDURALS AND THERAPY. WITH THE NEW HIP, THE NEW KNEE, THERAPY, A TENS UNIT, AND SOME TIME, I CAN NOW SEE MY WAY BACK TO WALKING ON THE BEACH IN JANUARY. THE HELP AVAILABLE TO US IS ASTOUNDING AND ALMOST UNBELIEVABLE. SO KEEP GOING, YOU ALL.

WE CAN DO THIS! I GOT MY RESERVATION FOR THE OTHER KNEE YESTERDAY. ON SEPTEMBER FIRST, I WILL BE WHOLE AGAIN! WHEEEEEEE!

MARGE

IN HIS NAME

Hi Ben, This is Charlotte responding. My surgery is scheduled for a week before yours, and it seems like forever!! My back isn't too bad, but the knee aches some, and my hip joint seems to be getting worse every day!! I have a semester to limp through, but I'm making it with a cane. We have crutches in the house and I'll use them if I must before this is over with. Reading people1s messages in the middle of the night when I can't sleep is saving my sanity. Lots of luck to all!! Charlotte <dan_pacnw@...> wrote: Hi BenI was wondering the same thing. Right after I made the decision to have my surgery, it felt like everything was going out. My back hurts as much or more than my hip does. I really believe that we block out a lot of the pain so we can have some kind of life. The mind is an amazing thing. But when we decide to fix the problem, our minds let us know just how screwed up we really are....My doc said the back pain is normal becasue of posture and probably one leg shorter than the other. It should go away. I sure hope he is right.dan > Hi:> I just signed up on this board today and am relieved to read so many > positive posts. > I shattered my acetabulum 15 yrs ago in a car accident and my > orthopedic surgeon did a wonderful job putting it back together. At > the time he said sooner or later the traumatic arthritis would set in > and I would need a replacement.> Well I met with him yesterday and the time has come. I am scheduled > for July 9. I am quite concerned today as I am not a very good > patient and worry about the whole procedure and just being in the > hospital. I know it will be better once it is over especially as my > activites have been severley limited by the pain I have. I suppose I > should focus on that.> Thanks for listening,> .> > > > >

Guest guest

i agree with all of the messages in this thread. my THR-R surgery is

5/26, but it just got really bad in ther last few days...i have

trouble standing for just about any time at all. it helps so much to

know that you guys are out there. i just keep logging in several

times a day tgo hear what you have to say. , thank you for this

board and to everyone else too. bonnie

Guest guest

Hi Bonnie, I'm in the same boat you are, and I also find the messages to be very helpful and supportive. My surgery is scheduled for 5/17, just 5 more weeks, and I'm finding it more challenging every day to get myself around, and to sleep through the nights. Even sitting in the same position for more than a few minutes becomes painful. But, I persevere, and hope that next fall will be much better. Lots of luck to you, and to me, and all you others out there. Charlottebonnielobel <b.lobel@...> wrote:

i agree with all of the messages in this thread. my THR-R surgery is 5/26, but it just got really bad in ther last few days...i have trouble standing for just about any time at all. it helps so much to know that you guys are out there. i just keep logging in several times a day tgo hear what you have to say. , thank you for this board and to everyone else too. bonnie

Guest guest

Thank you all for sharing your experiences!! It helps to know I'm not alone out there!!

HAPPY EASTER SUNDAY!! Charlottemarge <palybami@...> wrote:

READING THIS MAKES ME THINK BACK TO HOW I FELT THE FIRST TIME I SAW MY SURGEON. LIKE YOU ARE SAYING: EVERYTHING HURT! I HAD REACHED MY LIMIT AND LIFE CONSISTED OF SITTING IN A CHAIR, SLEEPING IN MY BED, AND TALKING ON THE COMPUTER. NOTHING ELSE WAS POSSIBLE. THEN HE STARTED ME AT THE PAIN CLINIC WHERE I GOT EPIDURALS AND THERAPY. WITH THE NEW HIP, THE NEW KNEE, THERAPY, A TENS UNIT, AND SOME TIME, I CAN NOW SEE MY WAY BACK TO WALKING ON THE BEACH IN JANUARY. THE HELP AVAILABLE TO US IS ASTOUNDING AND ALMOST UNBELIEVABLE. SO KEEP GOING, YOU ALL.

WE CAN DO THIS! I GOT MY RESERVATION FOR THE OTHER KNEE YESTERDAY. ON SEPTEMBER FIRST, I WILL BE WHOLE AGAIN! WHEEEEEEE!

MARGE

IN HIS NAME

Hi Ben, This is Charlotte responding. My surgery is scheduled for a week before yours, and it seems like forever!! My back isn't too bad, but the knee aches some, and my hip joint seems to be getting worse every day!! I have a semester to limp through, but I'm making it with a cane. We have crutches in the house and I'll use them if I must before this is over with. Reading people1s messages in the middle of the night when I can't sleep is saving my sanity. Lots of luck to all!! Charlotte <dan_pacnw@...> wrote: Hi BenI was wondering the same thing. Right after I made the decision to have my surgery, it felt like everything was going out. My back hurts as much or more than my hip does. I really believe that we block out a lot of the pain so we can have some kind of life. The mind is an amazing thing. But when we decide to fix the problem, our minds let us know just how screwed up we really are....My doc said the back pain is normal becasue of posture and probably one leg shorter than the other. It should go away. I sure hope he is right.dan > Hi:> I just signed up on this board

today and am relieved to read so many > positive posts. > I shattered my acetabulum 15 yrs ago in a car accident and my > orthopedic surgeon did a wonderful job putting it back together. At > the time he said sooner or later the traumatic arthritis would set in > and I would need a replacement.> Well I met with him yesterday and the time has come. I am scheduled > for July 9. I am quite concerned today as I am not a very good > patient and worry about the whole procedure and just being in the > hospital. I know it will be better once it is over especially as my > activites have been severley limited by the pain I have. I suppose I

> should focus on that.> Thanks for listening,> .> > > > >

Guest guest

hi charlotte,

sorry about your present situation but it really helps me to know

what you're experiencing. i was typing in the dark, so i

inadvertantly gave the wrong date for my surgery. it's actually 2

weeks from tomorrow, 4/26. i hope to be back on computer asap after

surgery, so i can (maybe) give you a real time view. i'm pretty

positive about the surgery knowing i've selected the best surgeon i

could and then leaving the details to him. the waiting part is really

hard for all of us.

i agree with all of the messages

in this thread. my THR-R surgery is

> 5/26, but it just got really bad in ther last few days...i have

> trouble standing for just about any time at all. it helps so much

to

> know that you guys are out there. i just keep logging in several

> times a day tgo hear what you have to say. , thank you for

this

> board and to everyone else too. bonnie

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hi Bonnie, It's now 9:30 am, and I've been up since 6 after a rather restless night. It's Easter Sunday, and we're doing nothing to acknowledge it, other than grilling a ham steak, and eating it, of course. My husband and I are of different religious backgrounds, but neither of us chooses to observe anything, so our holidays are always very quiet. I prefer it that way--yet sometimes.

I wish you well for your next 2 weeks of waiting, and for the post-op recup. By this time next year, let's hope that we can both be celebrating Spring!! It's nice to always have someone to talk to. Best regards, Charlottebonnielobel <b.lobel@...> wrote:

hi charlotte, sorry about your present situation but it really helps me to know what you're experiencing. i was typing in the dark, so i inadvertantly gave the wrong date for my surgery. it's actually 2 weeks from tomorrow, 4/26. i hope to be back on computer asap after surgery, so i can (maybe) give you a real time view. i'm pretty positive about the surgery knowing i've selected the best surgeon i could and then leaving the details to him. the waiting part is really hard for all of us. i agree with all of the messages in this thread. my THR-R surgery is > 5/26, but it just got really bad in ther last few days...i have > trouble standing for just about any time at all. it helps so much to > know that you guys are out there. i just keep logging in several > times a day tgo hear what you have to say. , thank you for this > board and to everyone else too. bonnie> > > >

Guest guest

-- I can get you the information on the stethoscopes if you want to email

me at snoopy1964@.... When you email me please email me with your

circumstances like are you wearing hearing aids or CI (like what brand). Thanks.

--

Snoopy

bilateral

RI

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/8/04 6:36:40 AM Eastern Daylight Time, traceyrutherford2000@... writes:

Im 30 years old and have underactive thyroid. It wears me out. I'm

fed up with trying to loose weight but can't. I would like people to

talk to about this thing. I have had underactive thyroid all my

life, and am still struggling to cope with it.

I'm new too and am having the same problem. Plus I have adrenaline insufficiency. I was doing well losing weight at first, then just stopped. I'd love to talk about it too. Can we discuss weight here, or is there a list for that problem?

Thanks,

Becky

Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Guest guest

Hello Annette...and first off, ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))to you! You

are in a great place to get info~! Hormone Hell is what I call it

too! I totally sympathize with what you are going through...I spent

years trying to get docs to say that " yes, your thryoid is off " . I

knew it in my gut long before it FINALLY showed up off on

their " normal " ranges...and for the last year or so, we've been

trying to get me feeling better, but they have to keep increasing it

and so even though I am under a competent doc's care, I still feel

like I will never stop being tired and depressed and FAT too!!! (I've

gained at least 15 pounds in the last year or two that just shouldn't

be there and will NOT come off!)

My gyno told me(among others)that I too, should be on

antidepressants, but they come with their own set of problems and

refuse to do it. Besides, I KNOW it is hormone related. Depression is

a huge symptom of hypothryoidism, as well as weight gain. There are

so many different symptoms attributed to thyroid trouble as well, so

any, and possibly all of your symptoms could very well be thryoid

related. But it is a rollercoaster a lot of the time, as we can all

attest to. But Bee is always up on all the info and posts informative

stuff all the time. I hope you will benefit greatly from your visits

here and you are most welcome to vent anytime! It getsfrustrating so

we need to occasionally....ok, a lot! LOL

Currently, I am awaiting more blood work to test other things, like

my female hormones, my adrenals, testerorone, and a bunch of other

things, cause i just don't feel right either. Besides upping my

thryoid meds again, they also switched me from Levoxyl(which I've

been taking all along) to Synthroid and I've been on that for a week

or two now..Hoping somehow, someway, that things will get under

control sometime soon...and I wish that for you too! Welcome to the

group!!!!

Rhonda

> My name is Annette, I am 43 years old. My thyroid has been

> fluctuating for about four years that I know of. It seems like I've

> been tired forever, I've gained about 30 pounds in the past year

and

> have gotten so depressed that I'm on antidepressants now. I am also

> having circulatory problems. Is this something that goes along woth

> hypothyroidism? I finally got a referral to an endo a couple of

weeks

> ago but figured you guys might be a better source of info, LOL. I

> also have severe asthma and have to take prednisone alot, this

causes

> the hormonal war from hell.Anyone with any advice out there?

Guest guest

Thanks sweetie,I also have to go for mega blood tests in a couple of

weeks.maybe they can figure out why I have so much muscle pain and

weakness. as for the antidepressants, you are soooo right. Some make

you extremely anxious and some make you sleepy all the time.It took

trying about 4 or 5 of them before I found one that halfway works. I

also take Neurontin (Gabapentin)for neuropathy and restless leg

syndrome. Every morning I have a pile of meds including my asthma

meds. I call it my breakfast of champions.As for the weight gain, I'm

not sure how much of it is my thyroid and how much is the

prednisone.I understand how it could take a long time to get

diagnosed with hypothyroidism since it could have been fluctuating

when you were tested.Thanks for the (((((((HUG)))))) It was much

needed. ((((((HUGS))))) back to you!

> > My name is Annette, I am 43 years old. My thyroid has been

> > fluctuating for about four years that I know of. It seems like

I've

> > been tired forever, I've gained about 30 pounds in the past year

> and

> > have gotten so depressed that I'm on antidepressants now. I am

also

> > having circulatory problems. Is this something that goes along

woth

> > hypothyroidism? I finally got a referral to an endo a couple of

> weeks

> > ago but figured you guys might be a better source of info, LOL. I

> > also have severe asthma and have to take prednisone alot, this

> causes

> > the hormonal war from hell.Anyone with any advice out there?

Guest guest

Hi ,

Nice to meet you and .

Here's hoping all goes well and that she is healing nicely since

surgery.

Where was implanted?

It's always so amazing when we get the success stories with the

little ones who are mainstreamed into regular school by the time

their Kindergarten year comes around and hope this is the case for

too.

Please let us know how it goes and welcome to .

It's a great place to find lots of support and friendship. Don't

hesitate to ask any questions at all.

Warm regards,

Silly MI

In , " " <Jwhite3447@a...> wrote:

> Hello there, My name is , from NJ, my daughter ,16

> months, was born Profoundly deaf and just recieved her N24-contour

on

> July 6th and will be turned on in 3 weeks... she is in a oral

> program, but we have been teaching her some signs to tell us her

> needs.. I just wanted to introduce myself to the group.

>

>

Guest guest

Hi there, my name is too and my son is 15 months old or 1

year corrected. He is profoundly deaf due to medications given to

him when he was very ill. He is getting a cochlear implant sometime

in the fall, we are still waiting on a date. My son also has

Cerebral Palsy and we have started doing a bit of sign with him too.

Although he doesn't have a lot of motor control yet he is able to

sign that he is hungry. It is a start. I look forward to hearing

how it goes when her implant gets hooked up.

Jen

> Hello there, My name is , from NJ, my daughter ,16

> months, was born Profoundly deaf and just recieved her N24-contour

on

> July 6th and will be turned on in 3 weeks... she is in a oral

> program, but we have been teaching her some signs to tell us her

> needs.. I just wanted to introduce myself to the group.

>

>

Guest guest

I'm Fred from Hartlepool, England. Been in this group since it's inception.

Welcome!!!!!

I'm only 4'1 " and an Achon.

They are a crazy bunch on here! I'm the only sane one:-)

Ah, but they are a great crowd! You couldn't ask for a better bunch of

people!

Yer, welcome, come in, sit down, put yer feet up, and revel in the warmth of

their company.

hello

> Hello im Lee from Liverpool England, I have just joined this group,

> 4ft 9 russell silver syndrome.

>

>

>

>

>

> ===

>

Guest guest

Sane? Fred? Is there a new/different Fred here? <grin>

I am so confused by this post that I am going back to contemplating the fuzz in

my navel!

hello

> Hello im Lee from Liverpool England, I have just joined this group,

> 4ft 9 russell silver syndrome.

>

>

>

>

>

> ===

>

Guest guest

This from a man who keeps Garden Gnomes and talks to them, right Fred, lol.

hello

>

>

> > Hello im Lee from Liverpool England, I have just joined this group,

> > 4ft 9 russell silver syndrome.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ===

> >

Guest guest

Re: hello

> This from a man who keeps Garden Gnomes and talks to them, right Fred,

lol.

Excuse me, you is talkin about my brovers there!

Thank Gawd I warned " Lee from Liverpool " there was some weeeeeeerd folks on

here:-)

Guest guest

Hey Liz! Congratulations on your new computer! Are you going to the Hells Angels Rally in San Fransisco this weekend (hee hee) Love, IvyLiz <elwilkinson@...> wrote:

Hello everybody and I hope you have a great weekend with lots of smiles.

I got a new computer and I'm filling up the addresses on one of the email programs that didn't quite make the trip, so any replies would be great.

Thanks, Liz

Take care,

Liz