RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: (unknown)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Cecilia,I am so glad to hear hings are going so well for you & your family.I don't really know precisely what the pest control people did. The house had to be vacated for a certain amount of time while they fogged & the residue settled (or something like that) he chemical wasn't permethrin or anything I'd previously heard of but I can't remember the name of the chemical they used.

I'll give your regards to my mum....she'll be really pleased to hear you're all doing so well & it encourages her too.:~) RegardsKrysOn 27 July 2011 02:59, Cecilia Borg <ceciliaborg@...> wrote:

Hi, Krys!It seems most of us haven´t had that much help from pest control firms. I learned from the second one we had that the first one had done everything wrong. So putting kisel in all cracks and along floor boards, spryaing with an IGR together with pyrethrins was what helped quite a bit. Do you know what the company did do when they were out there?

We are really happy about now having lesions and bites for 10 days now. Thanks for crossing your fingers!Send my regards to  your mum!Cecilia

bird mites Sent: Tue, July 26, 2011 8:15:53 PM

Subject: Re: (unknown)

Hello Cecilia,That really is good news about your girls. I have called pest control people out to my mother's house twice. She said it made no difference whatsoever. I was going to have them go back again & try something different but my mother felt it was a waste of time. Strangely enough my mother seems to have had more luck with permethrin than some other chemicals.

Assuming a pesticide is indicated for use against a type of pest, resistance & susceptibility to any given pesticide is at least partly dependent upon the exposure of the local population, to that particular pesticide.

My fingers are crossed for you all. RegardsKrysOn 26 July 2011 07:55, Cecilia Borg <ceciliaborg@...> wrote:

HI Krys!Thanks for your Email.Still no new lesions on my girls the last days either, so the hope is up still:)

If moving and throwing everything has really helped it was worth it...Glad to hear the Selsun helps out, I still use it every other day and find it helpful from itching and crawlings.Great that your step father is helping your mum and that the spraying made things better.

Have they had any pest control firm out at all?We had one that was worhtless, but one that actually made things a lot better for a while, they used the pyrethrins but also Kisel everywhere in cracks and along foor boards and also an IGR.

KRCecilia

Sent: Mon, July 25, 2011 8:22:16 PMSubject: Re: Re: / Cecelia

Hi Cecilia,So glad to hear things are going better for your girls. My mother seems to be on the mend from her allergic reaction. My step father sprayed the house heavily with benzalkonium chloride solution & that helped. She uses the Selsun every other day & finds it very helpful.  The people at my mother's new medical practice are so very nice & kind. It makes so much difference to be treated kindly, & taken seriously by medical people who are really trying to help.

RegardsKrysOn 22 July 2011 06:31, Cecilia Borg <ceciliaborg@...> wrote:

HI, Krys!I will try to send them an e-mail to see what they say:)My girls are ok. The small one no lesions and the elder one no lesions for 4 days now, let´s hope it is an ongoing trend.

Sorry to hear your mum is still quite bad - also awful that her partner is getting bites as well. Hope the nice dr can take more action. Nice hearing from you again!Cecilia

<krys109uk@...>bird mites

Sent: Thu, July 21, 2011 4:57:36 PMSubject: Re: Re: / Cecelia

Cecilia,If you email them they might be able to refer you to a lab in Sweden. It could be worth a try.How are your little girls? Is your elder daughter still getting lesions?All the bestKrys

On 21 July 2011 09:29, S <pshannon9@...> wrote:

Hi ,

My sympathies to you and your family--wow, you guys have been through enough. But I am sure your father in law is in a more beautiful peaceful place now...

Cecelia,

I don't know if Dr. Fry does phone consults. I know that aside from research, that he has a practice out in Arizona --you might want to go to frylabs.com and call the main number to ask them...?

On that note, strike the last statement--just looked up the contact info and they say no clinical consultations:

Fry Laboratories, L.L.C.

15720 N. Greenway Hayden Loop

Suite #3

sdale, AZ 85260

Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM

Toll Free: 1.866.927.8075

Phone: 480.292.8560

Billing Phone: 480.292.8457

Fax: 480.656.4932

General Email*: info@...

Billing Email*: billing@...

CLIA#: 03D1026968

NPI#: 1457515744

*We do not respond to patients requesting clinical consultation.

But maybe if you did a search on Dr. Fry's medical practice in Arizona?

Let us know!

Love

Pdidit

-- They shut the road through the woods

Seventy years ago.

Weather and rain have undone it again,

And now you would never know

There was once a road through the woods

Before they planted the trees.

It is underneath the coppice and heath,

And the thin anemones.

Only the keeper sees

That, where the ring-dove broods,

And the badgers roll at ease,

There was once a road through the woods.

Yet, if you enter the woods

Of a summer evening late,

When the night-air cools on the trout-ringed pools

Where the otter whistles his mate.

(They fear not men in the woods,

Because they see so few)

You will hear the beat of a horse's feet,

And the swish of a skirt in the dew,

Steadily cantering through

The misty solitudes,

As though they perfectly knew

The old lost road through the woods….

But there is no road through the woods.

The Way Through the Woods - Rudyard Kipling

Seventy years ago.

And the thin anemones.

Only the keeper sees

Because they see so few)

The misty solitudes,

Seventy years ago.

And the thin anemones.

Only the keeper sees

Because they see so few)

The misty solitudes,

Seventy years ago.

And the thin anemones.

Only the keeper sees

Because they see so few)

The misty solitudes,

Guest guest

I remember getting the names of the chemicals the PCO used here. I told my older brother about which chemicals they used and he researched the issue for me. He told me those chemicals would not kill birdmites according to what he had read. He also read all of the birdmite.org info. From: "Krys Brennand" <krys109uk@...>bird mites Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 10:29:46 AMSubject: Re: (unknown)

Hi Cecilia,I am so glad to hear hings are going so well for you & your family.I don't really know precisely what the pest control people did. The house had to be vacated for a certain amount of time while they fogged & the residue settled (or something like that) he chemical wasn't permethrin or anything I'd previously heard of but I can't remember the name of the chemical they used.

I'll give your regards to my mum....she'll be really pleased to hear you're all doing so well & it encourages her too.:~) RegardsKrysOn 27 July 2011 02:59, Cecilia Borg <ceciliaborg@...> wrote:

Hi, Krys!It seems most of us haven´t had that much help from pest control firms. I learned from the second one we had that the first one had done everything wrong. So putting kisel in all cracks and along floor boards, spryaing with an IGR together with pyrethrins was what helped quite a bit. Do you know what the company did do when they were out there?

We are really happy about now having lesions and bites for 10 days now. Thanks for crossing your fingers!Send my regards to your mum!Cecilia

bird mites Sent: Tue, July 26, 2011 8:15:53 PM

Hello Cecilia,That really is good news about your girls. I have called pest control people out to my mother's house twice. She said it made no difference whatsoever. I was going to have them go back again & try something different but my mother felt it was a waste of time. Strangely enough my mother seems to have had more luck with permethrin than some other chemicals.

Assuming a pesticide is indicated for use against a type of pest, resistance & susceptibility to any given pesticide is at least partly dependent upon the exposure of the local population, to that particular pesticide.

My fingers are crossed for you all. RegardsKrysOn 26 July 2011 07:55, Cecilia Borg <ceciliaborg@...> wrote:

HI Krys!Thanks for your Email.Still no new lesions on my girls the last days either, so the hope is up still:)

If moving and throwing everything has really helped it was worth it...Glad to hear the Selsun helps out, I still use it every other day and find it helpful from itching and crawlings.Great that your step father is helping your mum and that the spraying made things better.

Have they had any pest control firm out at all?We had one that was worhtless, but one that actually made things a lot better for a while, they used the pyrethrins but also Kisel everywhere in cracks and along foor boards and also an IGR.

KRCecilia

Hi Cecilia,So glad to hear things are going better for your girls. My mother seems to be on the mend from her allergic reaction. My step father sprayed the house heavily with benzalkonium chloride solution & that helped. She uses the Selsun every other day & finds it very helpful. The people at my mother's new medical practice are so very nice & kind. It makes so much difference to be treated kindly, & taken seriously by medical people who are really trying to help.

HI, Krys!I will try to send them an e-mail to see what they say:)My girls are ok. The small one no lesions and the elder one no lesions for 4 days now, let´s hope it is an ongoing trend.

Sorry to hear your mum is still quite bad - also awful that her partner is getting bites as well. Hope the nice dr can take more action. Nice hearing from you again!Cecilia

Cecilia,If you email them they might be able to refer you to a lab in Sweden. It could be worth a try.How are your little girls? Is your elder daughter still getting lesions?All the bestKrys

Hi ,

My sympathies to you and your family--wow, you guys have been through enough. But I am sure your father in law is in a more beautiful peaceful place now...

Cecelia,

I don't know if Dr. Fry does phone consults. I know that aside from research, that he has a practice out in Arizona --you might want to go to frylabs.com and call the main number to ask them...?

On that note, strike the last statement--just looked up the contact info and they say no clinical consultations:

Fry Laboratories, L.L.C.

Suite #3

sdale, AZ 85260

Let us know!

Love

Pdidit

Seventy years ago.

And the thin anemones.

Only the keeper sees

Because they see so few)

The misty solitudes,

Seventy years ago.

And the thin anemones.

Only the keeper sees

Because they see so few)

The misty solitudes,

Seventy years ago.

And the thin anemones.

Only the keeper sees

Because they see so few)

The misty solitudes,

Seventy years ago.

And the thin anemones.

Only the keeper sees

Because they see so few)

The misty solitudes,

Guest guest

THanks for your support, it feels great, even though I know there is lften backdraws again, I´ve got the hopes up!HugsCeciliaFrom: "Goldstein@..." <Goldstein@...>bird mites Sent: Wed, July 27, 2011 6:00:28 PMSubject: Re:

(unknown)

That is amazing and I am so happy to hear it! Good goin' Cecilia.From: "Cecilia Borg" <ceciliaborg@...>bird mites Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 12:59:22 AMSubject: Re: (unknown)

Hi, Krys!It seems most of us haven´t had that much help from pest control firms. I learned from the second one we had that the first one had done everything wrong. So putting kisel in all cracks and along floor boards, spryaing with an IGR together with pyrethrins was what helped quite a bit. Do you know what the company did do when they were out there?We are really happy about now having lesions and bites for 10 days now. Thanks for crossing your fingers!Send my regards to your mum!CeciliaFrom: Krys Brennand <krys109uk@...>bird mites Sent: Tue, July 26, 2011 8:15:53 PMSubject: Re: (unknown)

KRCecilia

Hi Cecilia,So glad to hear things are going better for your girls. My mother seems to be on the mend from her allergic reaction. My step father sprayed the house heavily with benzalkonium chloride solution & that helped. She uses the Selsun every other day & finds it very helpful. The people at my mother's new medical practice are so very nice & kind. It makes so much difference to be treated kindly, & taken seriously by medical people who are really trying to help.

Sorry to hear your mum is still quite bad - also awful that her partner is getting bites as well. Hope the nice dr can take more action. Nice hearing from you again!Cecilia

Hi ,

Cecelia,

Fry Laboratories, L.L.C.

Suite #3

sdale, AZ 85260

Let us know!

Love

Pdidit

Seventy years ago.

And the thin anemones.

Only the keeper sees

Because they see so few)

The misty solitudes,

Seventy years ago.

And the thin anemones.

Only the keeper sees

Because they see so few)

The misty solitudes,

Seventy years ago.

And the thin anemones.

Only the keeper sees

Because they see so few)

The misty solitudes,

Guest guest

THanks, , I am happy about it!I´m glad the move made it better for you too, even if you´ve still had awful time after moving as well. It´s awful that landlords don´t take it seriously and try to help their tenants, but nothing you could do more than tell them.CeciliaFrom: Benton <sarahbenton48@...>bird mites Sent: Wed, July 27, 2011 6:14:05 PMSubject: Re: (unknown)

Good news, Cecelia. I really believe my old apartment is infested with the fungus I have. I bet there'd be no getting better if I were still there. I told the apartment complex something was wrong with the apartment when I left. They told me it was no longer my business and their problem. I hope the new occupants are okay.

Love and light,

Hi ,My sympathies to you and your family--wow, you guys have been through enough. But I am sure your father in law is in a more beautiful peaceful place now...Cecelia, I don't know if Dr. Fry does phone consults. I know that aside from research, that he has a practice out in Arizona --you might want to go to frylabs.com and call the main number to ask them...? On that note, strike the last statement--just looked up the contact info and they say no clinical consultations:Fry Laboratories, L.L.C.15720 N. Greenway Hayden LoopSuite #3sdale, AZ 85260Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8AM-5PMToll Free: 1.866.927.8075Phone: 480.292.8560Billing Phone: 480.292.8457Fax: 480.656.4932General Email*: info@...Billing Email*: billing@...Website: www.frylabs.comCLIA#: 03D1026968NPI#: 1457515744*We do not respond to patients requesting clinical consultation.But maybe if you did a search on Dr. Fry's medical practice in Arizona? Let us know!LovePdidit

-- They shut the road through the woodsSeventy years ago.Weather and rain have undone it again,And now you would never knowThere was once a road through the woodsBefore they planted the trees.It is underneath the coppice and heath,And the thin anemones.Only the keeper seesThat, where the ring-dove broods,And the badgers roll at ease,There was once a road through the woods.Yet, if you enter the woodsOf a summer evening late,When the night-air cools on the trout-ringed poolsWhere the otter whistles his mate.(They fear not men in the woods,Because they see so few)You will hear the beat of a horse's feet,And the swish of a skirt in the dew,Steadily cantering throughThe misty solitudes,As though they perfectly knewThe old lost road through the woods….But there is no road through the woods. The Way Through the Woods - Rudyard

Kipling

-- They shut the road through the woodsSeventy years ago.Weather and rain have undone it again,And now you would never knowThere was once a road through the woodsBefore they planted the trees.It is underneath the coppice and heath,And the thin anemones.Only the keeper seesThat, where the ring-dove broods,And the badgers roll at ease,There was once a road through the woods.Yet, if you enter the woodsOf a summer evening late,When the night-air cools on the trout-ringed poolsWhere the otter whistles his mate.(They fear not men in the woods,Because they see so few)You will hear the beat of a horse's feet,And the swish of a skirt in the dew,Steadily cantering throughThe misty solitudes,As though they perfectly knewThe old lost road through the woods….But there is no

road through the woods. The Way Through the Woods - Rudyard Kipling

-- They shut the road through the woodsSeventy years ago.Weather and rain have undone it again,And now you would never knowThere was once a road through the woodsBefore they planted the trees.It is underneath the coppice and heath,And the thin anemones.Only the keeper seesThat, where the ring-dove broods,And the badgers roll at ease,There was once a road through the woods.Yet, if you enter the woodsOf a summer evening late,When the night-air cools on the trout-ringed poolsWhere the otter whistles his mate.(They fear not men in the woods,Because they see so few)You will hear the beat of a horse's feet,And the swish of a skirt in the dew,Steadily cantering throughThe misty solitudes,As though they perfectly knewThe old lost road through the woods….But there is no

road through the woods. The Way Through the Woods - Rudyard Kipling

Guest guest

HEY! I KNOW U R FREAKING OUT! I WAS IN YOUR SHOES BACK IN APRIL 2010! MY BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER SIERRA ANNE WAS DIAGNOSED WITH PROGRESSIVE IDIOPATHIC INFANTILE SCOLIOSIS AT 11 MO. OLD! I HAD NOTICED HER RIB HUMP ON BACK AROUND 9 MO. WE LIVE ON THE GULF COAST OF ALABAMA. HER PED. AND NO ONE IN THIS AREA HAD EVER, EVER SEEN THIS & DID NOT EVEN KNOW HOW TO MEASURE HER CURVE! IT WAS MY WORSE NIGHTMARE! SIERRA ALSO HAS A SISTER THAT IS 22 MO. OLDER WHO HAS NO ISSUES & IS PERFECTLY HEALTHY! WE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A VERY HEALTHY FAMILY ON BOTH SIDES..NEVER DEALT WITH ANYTHING AT ALL!!! THE DR.’S AROUND HERE DID NOT EVEN KNOW HOW TO MEASURE SIERRA’S CURVE! TALK ABOUT FREAKED!!!! I CAME HIT THE INTERNET...I FOUND ISOP, HEATHER & CAST!!! THE BEST THING I EVER DID! TALKED TO HEATHER THAT VERY DAY. FOUND DR. K AT CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL IN B’HAM ALABAMA. HE IS A TRAINED MEHTA CASTING DR. ACTUALLY TRAINED WITH DR. MEHTA I BELIEVE! WE WERE IN B’HAM THE NEXT WEEK. SIERRA’S CURVE WAS MEASURING 34 DEGREES. DR. K WANTED TO CAST IMMEDIATELY!!! TALK ABOUT BEING OVER WHELMED!!! WE STARTED CASTING THE DAY AFTER HER 1ST B’DAY. SIERRA HAD ONLY BEEN SWIMMING ONCE! WE DID A BRAIN AND SPINAL MRI..EVERYTHING IS NORMAL! OUR BCBS INSURANCE REFUSED TO PAY AT 1ST B/C THEY SAID IT WAS INVESTIGATIONAL...WHATEVER...I KEPT ON THEM & WITH THE HELP OF DR. K & STAFF THEY ARE NOW COVERING EVERYTHING 100%!!! YAY!!! SIERRA IS NOW IN HER 7TH CAST AND WE ARE CURRENTLY DOWN TO ZERO IN CAST! WE GO BACK SEPT. 2ND FOR 8TH CAST OR POSSIBLY MOVING TO BRACE...DEPENDS ON #’S! IT HAS BEEN ALONG DIFFICULT ROAD BUT THE CAST IS TOTALLY DOABLE!!! WE STAY INSIDE A LOT & STAY COOL. IT IS VERY HOT & HUMID ON THE COAST! WE HAVE A BOAT, POOLS TO GO TO & THE BEACH BUT IT HAS BEEN WORTH IT TO CORRECT SIERRA’S SPINE! DR. K SAYS SIERRA WOULD BE IN THE 70’S WITH HER CURVE & LOOKING AT GROWING RODS IF WE HAD NOT CASTED WHEN WE DID! THERE R ALL KINDS OF THINGS I HAVE LEARNED TO KEEP SIERRA COMFORTABLE! I FEEL VERY BLESSED & SO GREAT FULL TO HAVE FOUND EDT/MEHTA CASTING! IT DOES WORK!!!! SOON, WE R HOPING THAT THIS WILL BE A DISTANT MEMORY!!! HANG IN THERE. I WILL B GLAD TO HELP U WITH ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS U MAY HAVE OR IF U JUST NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TO! HOW OLD IS YOUR DAUGHTER? WHERE R U LOCATED! TAKE A DEEP BREATH! U R NOT ALONE!!! HUGS!!!

KRISTI MOMMY TO SIERRA (2 YRS.) 34 DEGREES DOWN TO ZERO IN CAST! 7TH CAST..SCHEDULED FOR 8TH CAST ON SEPT 2ND OR MAY BE BRACE!!!! 251-986-7022 (OFFICE) OR 251-228-0431 (CELL) ON FACE

BOOK UNDER KRISTI STRICKLAND JONES!!!

Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 7:23 PM

infantile scoliosis treatment

it's okay you'll get your train back on track:) How old is your daughter? It is my personal opinion that Mehta casts are life savers. Your child has a chance to benefit and be cured. It's the best chance she has to fight scoliosis. My son easily adapted to the cast (he's 4 and also likes water). Many parents here will reinforce the positives of casting. Where do you live? You may be able to communicate w other parents near you that visit the same docs. I wish your family luck. The parents on this site are very helpful. They will be your support system you are looking for. We all love our kids, we all want their back to be better, most of us think Mehta is the best treatment out there.

God Bless,

Tame

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 26, 2011, at 6:47 PM, Haws <harvestfarm12@...> wrote:

Hello everyone,

My daughter Noelle was diagnosed Thrursday with infantile scoliosis by Dr. Rubery in Rochester. I am completely heartbroken over this. Noelle loves the water more than anybody I have ever seen. She loves bathes, mud puddles, the pool and the lake. We are in the process of scheduling casting and would like to learn more about peoples experiences. I have many questions and don't know where to go for answers. I know that it varies from kid to kid, but how long should I expect to have her in the cast? How will her quality of life be effected. Does this process usually work? What happens if it doesn't? I love my children more than words can describe and have been a complete mess since she has been diagnosed. I'm sorry for asking questions that may not have answers, I am a train wreck when I need to be strong.

J. Hawas

Autumn's Harvest Farm

607-869-3879

www.autumnsharvestfarm.com

Guest guest

Hi there and welcome!

First off, how old is your daughter? What degree are her curves? Where are the curves (lower, middle, upper/neck)?

I know the feeling of complete devastation over a diagnosis. We were given Grace's first diagnosis of an abnomality of her abdomen while I was just 20 weeks pregnant with her. The waiting game that came after was almost as hard to endure. Same for scoliosis. However, had it not been for the abdominal issue, we may have went years without knowing Grace had scoliosis. She has congenital scoliosis, so not exactly the same situation. But at only 6 weeks old, her curves were already 23* and by the time she was 18 mo, they were 53*.

As far as your questions, I'll give my opinion/answer to each...

How log should I expect to have her in cast? - This varies from child to child, the age when you start treatment and the severity of the curve(s). I believe there is a formula to use as an estimate, but I never used it because we're casting Grace to maintain her curves, not necessarily correct them.

How will her quality of life be effected? Honestly, its one of those times that honestly, other than the day of casting, it will affect YOU more than it does her. Kids are resillient, they adapt to just about anything and work with it. My daughter LOVED the water too. Still does! We cast during the school year (Sept - June) and then brace for the summer so Grace can still swim and go to the beach. We actually like the cast better tho (and so does Grace) because a day or two in a cast and they kind of get settled in. In a brace, every time you take it off and put it back on, its like putting on a new cast and its tight and uncomfortable for a while. Grace loves the idea of the brace until we get it, now, 6 weeks in this brace and she's already asking when she gets her cast back. The ONLY things Grace doesn't do in cast is take baths and play in the

sand. Otherwise, she still can play in a water table, the sink, etc., I just assure she's well covered (rain coat or poncho's work well for this). We have a sprayer on our shower and she leans over the edge of the tub on a towel and I wash her hair that way, then I set her on a towel on the tub edge, with a towel tightly wrapped around her and she soaks her feet in the tub and I give her a sponge bath. Its all about finding creative ways to do things.

Does this process really work? - There are MANY parents on here who have had wonderful success and were able to avoid surgery. DOes it work for everyone? No, sadly it doesn't. But I figure its totally less invasive than spine surgery to fuse, place rods, etc, so why not try it first?

What happens if it doesn't? - Depends on the diagnosis. For us, with congenital, Grace has already had spine surgery to remove a partial vertebra between T8 and T9. We were hoping casting would correct the residual curves and it does while shes IN a cast, once she is out, her spine eventually regresses. Even a brace won't hold her to the degree the cast does. Eventually in our case, Grace will need a full fusion of her spine. However, at almost 5 yrs old and only 42" tall and 35 lbs, she is no where near big enough for that. So, if she stops cooperating with casting/bracing, then we will have to have growth rods. Which is a major surgery and then smaller surgerys every few months to lengthen the rods. Believe me, I'm doing all I can to keep Grace in a cast/brace for as long as I can!

We all have our good days and bad. That's what this group is here for. Come vent, cry, scream, you name it! We'll listen and sympathize and offer support where ever we can.

*hugs* to you and yours!

Jane

From: Haws <harvestfarm12@...>infantile scoliosis treatment Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 4:47 PMSubject: (unknown)

Hello everyone,

My daughter Noelle was diagnosed Thrursday with infantile scoliosis by Dr. Rubery in Rochester. I am completely heartbroken over this. Noelle loves the water more than anybody I have ever seen. She loves bathes, mud puddles, the pool and the lake. We are in the process of scheduling casting and would like to learn more about peoples experiences. I have many questions and don't know where to go for answers. I know that it varies from kid to kid, but how long should I expect to have her in the cast? How will her quality of life be effected. Does this process usually work? What happens if it doesn't? I love my children more than words can describe and have been a complete mess since she has been diagnosed. I'm sorry for asking questions that may not have answers, I am a train wreck when I need to be strong.

J. Hawas

Autumn's Harvest Farm

607-869-3879

Guest guest

Sorry, some are slipping through despite our precautions. People's email address

books have been hacked by a virus, and then it sends out sh** to everyone in the

address book, including our Group here.

Short of putting everyone on Moderation, not much can be done.

All NEW people are moderated and we delete at least 25 spammers a week before

their spam posts get through, but for longterm people, it would be very hard to

have to individually approve everyb single message.

We'll try to be more vigilant.

Sandy

>

> > http://seogaffer.com/google.php

> >

> >

Guest guest

,Just wanted to let you know that you're not alone here - we've been where you are.  I'm also a Dad here - not sure how many other Dad's are in the group, but you're not alone from that angle, either.

This group has helped me when I've been low.  It can help you, too.Father to , 3 1/2 years old, 2nd cast, San Diego, 57* to 19*

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 4:47 PM, Haws <harvestfarm12@...> wrote:

Hello everyone,

My daughter Noelle was diagnosed Thrursday with infantile scoliosis by Dr. Rubery in Rochester.  I am completely heartbroken over this.  Noelle loves the water more than anybody I have ever seen.  She loves bathes, mud puddles, the pool and the lake.  We are in the process of scheduling casting and would like to learn more about peoples experiences.  I have many questions and don't know where to go for answers.  I know that it varies from kid to kid, but how long should I expect to have her in the cast?  How will her quality of life be effected.  Does this process usually work?  What happens if it doesn't?  I love my children more than words can describe and have been a complete mess since she has been diagnosed.  I'm sorry for asking questions that may not have answers, I am a train wreck when I need to be strong. 

J. Hawas

Autumn's Harvest Farm

607-869-3879

Guest guest

Hi Tim,

I know where you are – I was there

too. My daughter Eden was diagnosed with a 49 deg curve at the age of 2

yrs, 3 mo. (april last year). She was casted at Philly Shriners by

June. She had 6 casts over 12 months, and is now in a brace. It’s

only been two weeks in the brace, and even though she complains every time we

put it back on, she hardly complains when it is on. She wears it 23

hrs/day. She’s now enrolled in swimming, gymnastics, and dance.

She loves the water too, but was accepting that she had a cast, we had to do

this, and when it came off, we’d go swimming again.

Her curve went from 49 degrees to 32 out

of cast. She was 19 in her 6th cast. She is less than 24

in her brace. We’ll go back in about two months for another xray to

see if the brace is holding her curve. I hope she doesn’t have to

go back in a cast.

Dr. C said if we can keep her around 30 or

below until she’s done growing, she’ll be a fully functional adult

with no pain. That’s my goal for her. A lot of parents want

their child at 0 degrees and I certainly don’t blame them! But not

every child gets there. I have the peace of mind now that she’s in

good hands, and that we can handle whatever comes in her future.

I was a complete mess last year – an

emotional shell of a person. It didn’t start getting better until I

started getting some answers, and saw how my daughter adjusted to her cast. I

can’t say there were highs this past year, but there was a growing

acceptance that this is what we have to deal with, we can do this, and it doesn’t

have to define our lives or her. Sure, there were days of lows especially

around every casting.

I wish Noelle and your family the best of

everything. It is not easy, but it will hopefully get better.

Sherry

Guest guest

Hello Sherry,

Thanks for the e-mail. The cast group has been so supportive and given us a lot of hope. I will forever be thankful for all of the support we received through e-mails. It makes me very happy to hear your daughter is involved in all of those activities. Thanks for the words of encouragement. You and your daughter will be in my thoughts and prayers.

J. Haws

Autumn's Harvest Farm

607-869-3879

www.autumnsharvestfarm.com--- On Sat, 7/30/11, SR Clancy <svale88@...> wrote:

From: SR Clancy <svale88@...>Subject: RE: (unknown)infantile scoliosis treatment Date: Saturday, July 30, 2011, 6:02 PM

Hi Tim,

I know where you are – I was there too. My daughter Eden was diagnosed with a 49 deg curve at the age of 2 yrs, 3 mo. (april last year). She was casted at Philly Shriners by June. She had 6 casts over 12 months, and is now in a brace. It’s only been two weeks in the brace, and even though she complains every time we put it back on, she hardly complains when it is on. She wears it 23 hrs/day. She’s now enrolled in swimming, gymnastics, and dance. She loves the water too, but was accepting that she had a cast, we had to do this, and when it came off, we’d go swimming again.

Her curve went from 49 degrees to 32 out of cast. She was 19 in her 6th cast. She is less than 24 in her brace. We’ll go back in about two months for another xray to see if the brace is holding her curve. I hope she doesn’t have to go back in a cast.

Dr. C said if we can keep her around 30 or below until she’s done growing, she’ll be a fully functional adult with no pain. That’s my goal for her. A lot of parents want their child at 0 degrees and I certainly don’t blame them! But not every child gets there. I have the peace of mind now that she’s in good hands, and that we can handle whatever comes in her future.

I was a complete mess last year – an emotional shell of a person. It didn’t start getting better until I started getting some answers, and saw how my daughter adjusted to her cast. I can’t say there were highs this past year, but there was a growing acceptance that this is what we have to deal with, we can do this, and it doesn’t have to define our lives or her. Sure, there were days of lows especially around every casting.

I wish Noelle and your family the best of everything. It is not easy, but it will hopefully get better.

Sherry

Guest guest

Welcome to CAST Tim. Glad you will be heading to Rochester. You will be

in good hands there!

A general rule that can apply to infants who have been treated early &

properly is that the duration of edf casts will usually take about equal

the time from initial diagnosis, to the childs first series of EDf casts.

In reality, the time it takes for the childs series of EDF casts to be

complete will be different in every single case. The sooner the child is

treated, the sooner casting will be complete. A child in a series of

properly applied EDF should pass all milestones on time. The childs

quality of life may be effected by not having access to fun time in the

water & baths, but this is only temporary and the child wont remeber. I

think it builds strong character and the pay off is so very worth it in

the long run. If a child is treated early (best case scenaria under 2 yrs

old and under 50 degrees) their chance at growing straight permanently is

greater than a child treated late. If it doesnt work after a long series

of properly applied EDF than I would suggest EDF casting as a way to buy

invaluable growth time for the thorax until surgery may be required.

You're on the right track Tim. Please keep the questions coming!

Sincerely,

HRH

> Hello everyone,

>  

> My daughter Noelle was diagnosed Thrursday with infantile scoliosis by Dr.

> Rubery in Rochester.  I am completely heartbroken over this.  Noelle loves

> the water more than anybody I have ever seen.  She loves bathes, mud

> puddles, the pool and the lake.  We are in the process of scheduling

> casting and would like to learn more about peoples experiences.  I have

> many questions and don't know where to go for answers.  I know that it

> varies from kid to kid, but how long should I expect to have her in the

> cast?  How will her quality of life be effected.  Does this process

> usually work?  What happens if it doesn't?  I love my children more

> than words can describe and have been a complete mess since she has been

> diagnosed.  I'm sorry for asking questions that may not have answers, I am

> a train wreck when I need to be strong. 

>  

>  

>  

>  

>  

>  

>  

>  

>  

>  

>  

>  

>  

>  

>  

>  

>  

>  

>  

>  

>  

>    

>

>

> J. Hawas

> Autumn's Harvest Farm

> 607-869-3879

> www.autumnsharvestfarm.com

Guest guest

Is this a link to malware?On 3 August 2011 00:45, leigh anderton <leigh_anderton@...> wrote:

http://bqhrdnhezi.page.tl/

Seventy years ago.

And the thin anemones.

Only the keeper sees

Because they see so few)

The misty solitudes,

Guest guest

enolase is required in glycogenolysis in bacteria.

From: Mandy F <drmandysul@...>Subject: (unknown)" " < >Date: Wednesday, 3 August, 2011, 7:38 AM

Hello Colleagues.

Do you know what enzyme assists micro-organisms in dentin caries process?

I'm in doubt between Enolase and Collagenase.

Thanks in advance

Guest guest

Hello, all, I am not sure how this link got posted from my email. I think it may

be spam. I am going to have to change my password, I guess. I apologize for it,

as I am an avid reader of the forum. I do not post alot, because I have tried

all everyone else has tried, and is hasn't worked for me. DO NOT CLINK ON THE

LINK, AS I DO NOT KNOW WHAT IT IS OR HOW IT WAS POSTED FROM MY EMAIL!!!!

>

> > **

> >

> >

> > http://bqhrdnhezi.page.tl/

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

> --

> They shut the road through the woods

> Seventy years ago.

> Weather and rain have undone it again,

> And now you would never know

> There was once a road through the woods

> Before they planted the trees.

> It is underneath the coppice and heath,

> And the thin anemones.

> Only the keeper sees

> That, where the ring-dove broods,

> And the badgers roll at ease,

> There was once a road through the woods.

>

> Yet, if you enter the woods

> Of a summer evening late,

> When the night-air cools on the trout-ringed pools

> Where the otter whistles his mate.

> (They fear not men in the woods,

> Because they see so few)

> You will hear the beat of a horse's feet,

> And the swish of a skirt in the dew,

> Steadily cantering through

> The misty solitudes,

> As though they perfectly knew

> The old lost road through the woods….

> But there is no road through the woods.

> *

> The Way Through the Woods* - Rudyard Kipling

>

Guest guest

ALSO, FOR FUTURE REFERENCE, I WILL NEVER POST ANY KIND OF LINK, UNLESS I HAVE

ACTUALLY WRITTEN SOMETHING BENEFICIAL FOR THE GROUP. I WOULD HATE FOR ANYONE TO

GET A VIRUS FROM MY EMAIL BEING HACKED. AGAIN, I APOLOGIZE, AND WILL TRY TO GET

IT FIGURED OUT.

>

> > **

> >

> >

> > http://bqhrdnhezi.page.tl/

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

> --

> They shut the road through the woods

> Seventy years ago.

> Weather and rain have undone it again,

> And now you would never know

> There was once a road through the woods

> Before they planted the trees.

> It is underneath the coppice and heath,

> And the thin anemones.

> Only the keeper sees

> That, where the ring-dove broods,

> And the badgers roll at ease,

> There was once a road through the woods.

>

> Yet, if you enter the woods

> Of a summer evening late,

> When the night-air cools on the trout-ringed pools

> Where the otter whistles his mate.

> (They fear not men in the woods,

> Because they see so few)

> You will hear the beat of a horse's feet,

> And the swish of a skirt in the dew,

> Steadily cantering through

> The misty solitudes,

> As though they perfectly knew

> The old lost road through the woods….

> But there is no road through the woods.

> *

> The Way Through the Woods* - Rudyard Kipling

>

Guest guest

This sounds delicious Jane!  Thanks for sharing.On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 2:41 PM, maryjanerecker@... <mjrecker@...> wrote:

Just wanted to share my recent creationI am learning to experiment and try new things.  Recently there has been a raw avocado key lime pie recipe on this list.  I made it several times and had raving reviews every time.....but I thought how can I make this a smoothie so here it is.

Key Lime Smoothie   (No Key limes but sounds good)

2 collard green leaves1 cup of coconut water

2 avocados1 lime peeled (2 limes juiced if preferred)1/3 cup of sweetener or to taste. ( I jused xylitol)

1 cup ice.Blend....Add more coconut water  if too thick...or have a pudding and top with raspberries.....Its a sweet tooth fix for me!

Jane

Guest guest

This sounds divine! Isn't it awesome how we can have such delicious alternatives to unhealthy processed foods! Thanks for sharing!

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Aug 5, 2011, at 4:41 PM, maryjanerecker@... wrote:

Just wanted to share my recent creationI am learning to experiment and try new things. Recently there has been a raw avocado key lime pie recipe on this list. I made it several times and had raving reviews every time.....but I thought how can I make this a smoothie so here it is.Key Lime Smoothie (No Key limes but sounds good)2 collard green leaves1 cup of coconut water2 avocados1 lime peeled (2 limes juiced if preferred)1/3 cup of sweetener or to taste. ( I jused xylitol)1 cup ice.Blend....Add more coconut water if too thick...or have a pudding and top with raspberries.....Its a sweet tooth fix for me!Jane

Guest guest

Thanks for sharing this one! It sounds devine. I need to get

ingredients and give it a try.

Velda

On 8/5/2011 1:41 PM, maryjanerecker@... wrote:

Just wanted to share my recent creation

I am learning to experiment and try new

things. Recently there has been a raw avocado key lime pie

recipe on this list. I made it several times and had raving

reviews every time.....but I thought how can I make this a

smoothie so here it is.

Key Lime Smoothie (No Key limes but

sounds good)

2 collard green leaves

1 cup of coconut water

2 avocados

1 lime peeled (2 limes juiced if preferred)

1/3 cup of sweetener or to taste. ( I jused

xylitol)

1 cup ice.

Blend....Add more coconut water if too

thick...or have a pudding and top with raspberries.....Its a

sweet tooth fix for !

me!

Jane

Guest guest

Aandraya,That person (Marilyn) never called me back. I called her a week ago after her house had been bug bombed by the landlord, so I hope she is okay. If she refused to let them in to do the spraying her landlord was going to evict her. She called me the first time after 10 pm and my husband has to get to bed as he gets up really early for work, so maybe she was a little put off that I couldn't talk too long. Anyway, if she calls back I will refer her to you. I really don't know anything about bed bugs and that was her primary complaint. The scabies was secondary... she felt they were not biting as often or as hard. She has the whole constellation of things going on and no money. Bad combination. But there are things that are cheap that do "help." Thanks Aandraya. From: "Aandraya Da Silva" <aandraya@...>bird mites Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 10:43:57 AMSubject: Re: (unknown)

-I have all those illnesses- Lyme, Bartonella, Babesia(sister to malaria), these are the 3 most common tick borne infections. I THOUGHT I had scabies before I new about any of this, my doctor suggested bed bugs but you can see bed bugs easily, and I never saw any. I had springtails on me and in my apartment and could have had bird mites as well, I don't know. I had the horrible non-healing lesions which are both Bartonella and fungal related which attracted the insects to my body. I ended up moving to a new place, the insects were still on me for about 2 months in my new place and then I never saw them again. This person you spoke to has many of the same issues as I had/have. I ended up unable to work, but as I have said before, have come a long way. Feel free to send her my way if she wants any ideas from me, she is correct to avoid chemical exposure with the illnesses that she has. I used diatomacous earth and enzyme cleaning products, and got rid of lots of things, especially clothes. I could only wear nylon, leather, or certain polyesters for well over a year- fabrics that the insects couldn't easily attach to or make the pills/lint balls....The whole scenario is absolutely crazy and I nearly gave up many times. AandrayaOn Jul 26, 2011, at 12:20 PM, Goldstein@... wrote: That's interesting Cecilia about the pest control people there in Sweden. We had the same experience here; they came so many times and it did NO GOOD whatsoever, although they told us they knew how to kill birdmites. Ha! $700 later, still had mites. They are out of their minds.My doctor here (private doctor), Dr. Metzger, referred someone to me to be a support system for her and her husband. She lives maybe 50+ miles away from me. She called last night and we spoke at length. She says she has scabies. She has seen Dr. Metzger just one time and she is originally from Canada, Montreal. Anyway, she has CFS, Fibro and Lyme disease, plus co-infections such as Bartonella and Babesia, apparently scabies AND bed bugs. The bed bugs are her biggest concern because she and her husband live in an apartment. Because she has all these disorders she is terrified that the chemicals might kill her from the spray. She also told me she has malaria-like symptoms (whatever that is, not sure). But she is very sick. The apartment complex is also making her pay for the cleaning and chemical spraying to the apartment of the bed bugs because they say none of the other apartments have the bugs, to the tune of nearly $1,000. She is on disability, although apparently with a Ph.D. in Social Work, but too sick to work. I didn't learn if her husband was able to work. If any of you have had experience with bed bugs (which she says she got she thinks from staying in a 1 star hotel in Montreal (poor quality), please let me know if any of you have experience with bed bugs so I can pass the information along to her. She says the scabies were awful for the first year or so, but now the biting is more or less not as bad. As far as I can tell, lots of her symptoms are just like ours with birdmites. I didn't ask her if the scabied were identified by a dermatologist.I'm going to reprint this message to the group with another title too. Apparently the spraying at this woman's apartment is to happen on Wednesday and if she does not allow it, she and her husband will be evicted.From: "Cecilia Borg" <ceciliaborg@...>bird mites Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 5:55:14 AMSubject: (unknown) HI Krys!Thanks for your Email.Still no new lesions on my girls the last days either, so the hope is up still:)If moving and throwing everything has really helped it was worth it...Glad to hear the Selsun helps out, I still use it every other day and find it helpful from itching and crawlings.Great that your step father is helping your mum and that the spraying made things better.Have they had any pest control firm out at all?We had one that was worhtless, but one that actually made things a lot better for a while, they used the pyrethrins but also Kisel everywhere in cracks and along foor boards and also an IGR.KRCeciliaFrom: Krys Brennand <krys109uk@...>bird mites Sent: Mon, July 25, 2011 8:22:16 PMSubject: Re: Re: / Cecelia Hi Cecilia,So glad to hear things are going better for your girls. My mother seems to be on the mend from her allergic reaction. My step father sprayed the house heavily with benzalkonium chloride solution & that helped. She uses the Selsun every other day & finds it very helpful. The people at my mother's new medical practice are so very nice & kind. It makes so much difference to be treated kindly, & taken seriously by medical people who are really trying to help. RegardsKrysOn 22 July 2011 06:31, Cecilia Borg <ceciliaborg@...> wrote: HI, Krys!I will try to send them an e-mail to see what they say:)My girls are ok. The small one no lesions and the elder one no lesions for 4 days now, let´s hope it is an ongoing trend. Sorry to hear your mum is still quite bad - also awful that her partner is getting bites as well. Hope the nice dr can take more action. Nice hearing from you again!Cecilia From: Krys Brennand <krys109uk@...>bird mites Sent: Thu, July 21, 2011 4:57:36 PMSubject: Re: Re: / Cecelia Cecilia,If you email them they might be able to refer you to a lab in Sweden. It could be worth a try.How are your little girls? Is your elder daughter still getting lesions?All the bestKrys On 21 July 2011 09:29, S <pshannon9@...> wrote: Hi , My sympathies to you and your family--wow, you guys have been through enough. But I am sure your father in law is in a more beautiful peaceful place now... Cecelia, I don't know if Dr. Fry does phone consults. I know that aside from research, that he has a practice out in Arizona --you might want to go to frylabs.com and call the main number to ask them...? On that note, strike the last statement--just looked up the contact info and they say no clinical consultations: Fry Laboratories, L.L.C. 15720 N. Greenway Hayden Loop Suite #3 sdale, AZ 85260 Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM Toll Free: 1.866.927.8075 Phone: 480.292.8560 Billing Phone: 480.292.8457 Fax: 480.656.4932 General Email*: info@... Billing Email*: billing@... Website: www.frylabs.com CLIA#: 03D1026968 NPI#: 1457515744 *We do not respond to patients requesting clinical consultation. But maybe if you did a search on Dr. Fry's medical practice in Arizona? Let us know! Love Pdidit -- They shut the road through the woods Seventy years ago. Weather and rain have undone it again, And now you would never know There was once a road through the woods Before they planted the trees. It is underneath the coppice and heath, And the thin anemones. Only the keeper sees That, where the ring-dove broods, And the badgers roll at ease, There was once a road through the woods. Yet, if you enter the woods Of a summer evening late, When the night-air cools on the trout-ringed pools Where the otter whistles his mate. (They fear not men in the woods, Because they see so few) You will hear the beat of a horse's feet, And the swish of a skirt in the dew, Steadily cantering through The misty solitudes, As though they perfectly knew The old lost road through the woods…. But there is no road through the woods. The Way Through the Woods - Rudyard Kipling -- They shut the road through the woods Seventy years ago. Weather and rain have undone it again, And now you would never know There was once a road through the woods Before they planted the trees. It is underneath the coppice and heath, And the thin anemones. Only the keeper sees That, where the ring-dove broods, And the badgers roll at ease, There was once a road through the woods. Yet, if you enter the woods Of a summer evening late, When the night-air cools on the trout-ringed pools Where the otter whistles his mate. (They fear not men in the woods, Because they see so few) You will hear the beat of a horse's feet, And the swish of a skirt in the dew, Steadily cantering through The misty solitudes, As though they perfectly knew The old lost road through the woods…. But there is no road through the woods. The Way Through the Woods - Rudyard Kipling

Guest guest

i think its enolaseFrom: Mandy F <drmandysul@...>" " < >Sent: Wednesday, August 3, 2011 8:38 AMSubject: (unknown)

Hello Colleagues.Do you know what enzyme assists micro-organisms in dentin caries process?I'm in doubt between Enolase and Collagenase.Thanks in advance

Guest guest

Sharon,

I didn't consider blatant promotion.  I actually appreciate being able to know all the kinds of things people are doing.  It just gives me a bigger picture of who they are.  Just my two cents from a fellow Texan. :)

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 9:47 AM, Sharon Heller <braingymlady@...> wrote:

My apologies. I didn't realize that when posting all of my " signage " would appear. I do not like blatant promotion and did not intend it.  I have deleted all that which does not refer to my professional relationship with Children with Challenges. Please forgive the inappropriate oversight. Thanks.

Sharon Heller, M.S.The BRAIN GYM LADY National BRAIN GYM® Faculty

MNRI (Masgutova Method) Core Specialist.Grow into the possibilities . . .

-- Donna BatemanNeurodevelopmental Specialistwww.parentswithpurpose.com

Natural Moms Talk Radio Interview Podcast:  http://is.gd/4WwibMom to 27, Katy Kartchner 25 , Preston 22, Annie 20, Kent 18, Callie 15 (cured from dyslexia), Carson 13, Dawson 11 (brain injured--was severe now mild!)

Guest guest

thanksFrom: nauman_ayesha <nauman_ayesha@...> Sent: Monday, 8 August 2011, 15:48Subject: (unknown)

bimolar

>

> 3 year-old child, baby teeth to be extracted. You want to check permanent germs.

> Which ragiograph?

> Panoramic,

> periapical,

> bimolar,

> occlusal,

> lateral skull view

>

Guest guest

Thanks naumanSent from my BlackBerry Torch® wireless deviceFrom: "nauman_ayesha" <nauman_ayesha@...>Sender: Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 21:14:00 -0000< >Reply Subject: (unknown) igA>> Which immunoglobin will increase in gingival inflammation?> Sent from my BlackBerry Torch® wireless device>

Guest guest

less frequently observed From: "doctorjasleen@..." <doctorjasleen@...>Oremutual < >Sent: Monday, 8 August 2011, 11:51Subject: (unknown)Do we

see tight junctions in oral mucosa?Sent from my BlackBerry Torch® wireless device------------------------------------

Guest guest

Dear All,We at CODS (center for obesity and diabetes surgery,Mumbai,India.) are organising a conference on 8th oct 11 at Amritsar,Punjab mainly on nutrition only .The agenda is strictly on bariatric nutrition ,complications and its management .We would be inviting speakers as well as would be giving certificates for the same . There would be a minimal registration fees . If any one of you are interested please get in touch with me on miloni@... so that I can forward you the forms to be filled . Its a one day conference on 8th Oct 11,saturday from 1pm to 4 pm.Thanks.Best regards,MiloniBariatric Nutritionist Follow us on facebook and twitter . Sent on my BlackBerry® from VodafoneFrom: Tammy Brown <cflyrod1@...>Sender: Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 07:12:45 -0700 (PDT)<annmartins64@...>; <ars418@...>; < >; <bethbriand88@...>; <BirthParentContact >Reply Subject: (unknown) http://etceteraz.nl/admin/backups/site.php?html72