> >

> >

>

>

> ~~~ There is no way to peace; peace is the way ~~~~

> --A.J. Muste

>

Guest guest

Thanks Heidi! Patty, mom of Isabella, 2 years old, in 5th scoli cast (Rochester) & now an arm cast & mom to & EvanFrom: NIck Guthe <nickguthe@...>infantile scoliosis treatment Sent: Mon, June 14, 2010 1:25:24 PMSubject: Re:

(unknown)

Oh my gosh, Patty, you are being tested! : ) Safe travels for you and Isabella and LOW NUMBERS!!! Heidi, Bexon's Mommy, (2 and a half years old, in 7th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 62 degrees to 19.7 in cast)

From: Patty Bowen <bowenpatty (DOT) com>infantile scoliosis treatment @groups. comSent: Mon, June 14, 2010 10:00:51 AMSubject: [infantile_scoliosi s] (unknown)

Hello everyone! Just wanted to see if anyone will be in Rochester this week as we are headed out tomorrow morning for Isabella's 6th casting. We had yet another saga with her last night as she fell and smacked her head off the pavement and has a huge lump/bruise! We took her to the ER because it looked sunken in at first but got better while we sat waiting to be seen. They said she is fine but had to be sure with her going under general anesthesia. This girl is AGING me QUICKLY!!!!! ! Hoping to run into some families because last time was great meeting 2 other families dealing with the same thing. Have a great week and wish us safe travels as we are on our own again. Patty, mom of Isabella, 2 years old, in 5th scoli cast (Rochester) & now an arm cast & mom to & Evan

Guest guest

Thanks Heidi! Patty, mom of Isabella, 2 years old, in 5th scoli cast (Rochester) & now an arm cast & mom to & EvanFrom: NIck Guthe <nickguthe@...>infantile scoliosis treatment Sent: Mon, June 14, 2010 1:25:24 PMSubject: Re:

(unknown)

Oh my gosh, Patty, you are being tested! : ) Safe travels for you and Isabella and LOW NUMBERS!!! Heidi, Bexon's Mommy, (2 and a half years old, in 7th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 62 degrees to 19.7 in cast)

From: Patty Bowen <bowenpatty (DOT) com>infantile scoliosis treatment @groups. comSent: Mon, June 14, 2010 10:00:51 AMSubject: [infantile_scoliosi s] (unknown)

Hello everyone! Just wanted to see if anyone will be in Rochester this week as we are headed out tomorrow morning for Isabella's 6th casting. We had yet another saga with her last night as she fell and smacked her head off the pavement and has a huge lump/bruise! We took her to the ER because it looked sunken in at first but got better while we sat waiting to be seen. They said she is fine but had to be sure with her going under general anesthesia. This girl is AGING me QUICKLY!!!!! ! Hoping to run into some families because last time was great meeting 2 other families dealing with the same thing. Have a great week and wish us safe travels as we are on our own again. Patty, mom of Isabella, 2 years old, in 5th scoli cast (Rochester) & now an arm cast & mom to & Evan

Guest guest

(unknown)

Guest guest

Steph,I'll be sure to let you know how it goes when we get back. Patty, mom of Isabella, 2 years old, in 5th scoli cast (Rochester) & now an arm cast & mom to & EvanFrom: Kauffunger <slguerra710@...>infantile scoliosis treatment Sent: Mon, June 14, 2010 6:38:45

PMSubject: Re: (unknown)

Ugghhhh! It never ends does it! We'll be back in July. Good luck and post when you get back.- Noelle's mommy, 3 years oldRochester NYCasted 8 times for 1 1/2 years and in first brace!reflux, mild plagiocephaly, mild torticollos, hypotonia, ligament laxity, suspected Ehler's Danlos III

From: Patty Bowen <bowenpatty (DOT) com>Subject: [infantile_scoliosi s] (unknown)infantile scoliosis treatment @groups. comDate: Monday, June 14, 2010, 5:00 PM

Guest guest

Steph,I'll be sure to let you know how it goes when we get back. Patty, mom of Isabella, 2 years old, in 5th scoli cast (Rochester) & now an arm cast & mom to & EvanFrom: Kauffunger <slguerra710@...>infantile scoliosis treatment Sent: Mon, June 14, 2010 6:38:45

PMSubject: Re: (unknown)

Ugghhhh! It never ends does it! We'll be back in July. Good luck and post when you get back.- Noelle's mommy, 3 years oldRochester NYCasted 8 times for 1 1/2 years and in first brace!reflux, mild plagiocephaly, mild torticollos, hypotonia, ligament laxity, suspected Ehler's Danlos III

From: Patty Bowen <bowenpatty (DOT) com>Subject: [infantile_scoliosi s] (unknown)infantile scoliosis treatment @groups. comDate: Monday, June 14, 2010, 5:00 PM

Guest guest

something odd was going not very long ago between swanson and the state of

california.

somebody posted on one of the LDN lists about some supps they used not being

sold in calif any more, crying " codex is here? " and when i looked to see

what was up it wasn't that calif was banning all supps of some group at all,

but had a long list of specifically swanson products that couldn't be sold

in calif. swanson had the list published on their website so people in

calif wouldn't order them. i don't know if that situations has resolved or

what started it, but it would have to do with some kind of consumer safety

issue almost for sure.

hopefuly it was some passing glitch in the ongoing operations of a pretty

good company. i like swanson's also.

> [low dose naltrexone] Re: (unknown)

>

>

> I've ordered from Swanson for a few years & really like the

> company. They seem to have good, decent business ethics, and

> people on staff willing to answer questions & concerns from

> customers. They also have regular special sales, & lower

> prices than many other sources.

>

> Konnie

>

>

> > >I frequently order from Swanson's and appreciate their

> prices and service

> > >(I've no

> > >connection to Swanson's). The quality of their products is

> good by me, and

> > >below is a statement

> > >from their catalog in that regard:

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >[]

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> > ~~~ There is no way to peace; peace is the way ~~~~

> > --A.J. Muste

> >

>

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

>

Guest guest

14 years ago when I was 23 I lost 59 lb to get back to my ideal weight but I

gained it all back and 70 lb more. This time when I get back to my ideal weight,

I feel like I have the tools to maintain it.

>

> I like the financial advisors disclaimer that mentions...past

performance does not predict future behavior!  And that each attempt you make

at weight loss is getting you closer to actually loosing the weight for

good....because you learn what worked and what didn't.

> You can do it !  It is a journey.

>

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> From: <jccareaga@...>

> weightloss

> Sent: Sun, May 30, 2010 9:31:08 AM

> Subject: (unknown)

>

>  

> First of all before I introduce myself, I've been reading all of the Posts on

this Group for a few days now & thought that the best way for me was to

start my own Topic.

>

> I don't want to seem rude since I don't really know how this works (I've never

been a member of any group).

>

> I am a 37 Y.O. male who's been overweight since right after High School. I

weighed 292lb as early as the begining of this year, when I decided to finally

lose the weight. At 5'6 " I was obese. I decided to Diet & Exercise for the rest

of 2010; I was doing great until the end of last month (having lost a total of

48lb) when I went back to my old habits.

>

> I've been trying to " Self-Correct " this whole month. I'm somewhat of an

" Eccentric " because I set myself limits which seem to restrict me or not. I

haven't continued this month because it's nearly over & I will try to make my

new start at the beginning of June, continuing my journey.

>

> One thing that has motivated me anew was a statement that said in one of

her early Podcasts (I'm on Podcast #20) where she says that " just because you've

failed in the past doesn't mean that you'll fail now. "

>

> I just hope I can find some help & motivation on here as well as give some of

my own.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

14 years ago when I was 23 I lost 59 lb to get back to my ideal weight but I

gained it all back and 70 lb more. This time when I get back to my ideal weight,

I feel like I have the tools to maintain it.

>

> I like the financial advisors disclaimer that mentions...past

performance does not predict future behavior!  And that each attempt you make

at weight loss is getting you closer to actually loosing the weight for

good....because you learn what worked and what didn't.

> You can do it !  It is a journey.

>

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> From: <jccareaga@...>

> weightloss

> Sent: Sun, May 30, 2010 9:31:08 AM

> Subject: (unknown)

>

>  

> First of all before I introduce myself, I've been reading all of the Posts on

this Group for a few days now & thought that the best way for me was to

start my own Topic.

>

> I don't want to seem rude since I don't really know how this works (I've never

been a member of any group).

>

> I am a 37 Y.O. male who's been overweight since right after High School. I

weighed 292lb as early as the begining of this year, when I decided to finally

lose the weight. At 5'6 " I was obese. I decided to Diet & Exercise for the rest

of 2010; I was doing great until the end of last month (having lost a total of

48lb) when I went back to my old habits.

>

> I've been trying to " Self-Correct " this whole month. I'm somewhat of an

" Eccentric " because I set myself limits which seem to restrict me or not. I

haven't continued this month because it's nearly over & I will try to make my

new start at the beginning of June, continuing my journey.

>

> One thing that has motivated me anew was a statement that said in one of

her early Podcasts (I'm on Podcast #20) where she says that " just because you've

failed in the past doesn't mean that you'll fail now. "

>

> I just hope I can find some help & motivation on here as well as give some of

my own.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Certain metabolic types need and do eat meat to feel and function their best.

It may be that you are of a type that thrives on a vegetarian diet.

It may be the other things that meat eaters eat or the type of meat that they

eat (intensively reared, processed)

that makes them unhealthy.

Sandy Halliday

(unknown)

The Human Body was NEVER designed to assimilate animal protein. Animals that

use animal protein have very short digestive systems, so that the waste is

eliminated before it PUTREFIES! Human Beings have a very LONG digestive system

and by the time the waste from animal protein is eliminated, it is so rotten...

I am a vegetarian, have been for a long time, and I am healthier than anyone

else that lives here, because they eat a lot of meat. I do eat an occasional

egg, no milk tho. There is NO reason for " cross species nursing " which is what

drinking milk amounts to.

I Am TheSoodler

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

" Ko Ma To Nga Tamariki O Atua! "

" Arohamai, Aroha Kia Hau! "

Guest guest

We do not cancel surgery. Our insurance coordinator has said that the patient's weight at initial evaluation is what qualifies them for surgery from an insurance standpoint. Anne

Anne Marquart, MS, RD, LD / Bariatric Dietitian / Roller Weight Loss and Advance Surgery / 1280 E. Stearns/ Fayetteville, Ar / 479.445.6460 / amarquart@... / www.rollerweightloss.com

-----Original Message-----From: julie fosco [mailto:julie_fosco@...]Sent: Monday, June 21, 2010 01:40 PM Subject: (unknown)

My question is regarding the medically supervised diet that patients have to go through for insurance approval. What is your program's policy about the beginning and ending BMI? If a patient loses weight in their 3 month diet and their BMI is no longer in the surgery range, do they cancel surgery?

Guest guest

I keep mine in the fridge. Don't know what others do. JackieFrom: Angel <whiteangel1853@...>Subject: [low dose naltrexone] (unknown)low dose naltrexone Date: Tuesday, June 22, 2010, 11:22 AM

I got mine from Skips and it came in a light yellow container do I need to keep it in the closet to protect it from light. Is that just sunlight of lights in the kitchen? I never heard about this thank you for sharing. "Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow"."

Guest guest

you just did. ;o))))))On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 1:47 PM, michelle weaver <michelleweaver511@...> wrote:

I would like to send emails to the support group.

Guest guest

Hi ,

Just start sending your questions to us or making your comment. Welcome to our group.

Suzanne

In a message dated 6/23/2010 3:48:07 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, michelleweaver511@... writes:

I would like to send emails to the support group.

Guest guest

Hey, you've already done your first one

quite well.

Don’t be shy, we are glad to share

or experiences and help if possible.

-dp

[mailto: ] On

Behalf Of michelle weaver

Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2010

3:48 PM

To:

Subject: (unknown)

Guest guest

hey ok, i had my surgery in february with a 4cc maximun fill and have had 3 fills since...im up to a 3.8 with my fills...ive only lost 8lbs...i recently went and had an xray with the barium and my dr checked me every way possible and saw no leaks...she was stumped as to the reason why ive not lost much wt...at that time i was at 3cc she added another 8 for a total of 3.8....i need encouragement and words of wisdom please!!! im so discouraged at this time and am so ready to get this wt off of me!!

michelle

From: Bipley <Bipley@...> Sent: Wed, June 23, 2010 5:48:48 PMSubject: Re: (unknown)

you just did. ;o))))))

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 1:47 PM, michelle weaver <michelleweaver511> wrote:

Guest guest

My understanding is that it has been used successfully for seizures. There

is no harm in trying it out.

--

At 12:24 PM 6/23/2010, you wrote:

>Does anyone know if LDN can be used for a dog that has epilepsy?

>

>

>

>

>No virus found in this incoming message.

>Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

>Version: 9.0.829 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2958 - Release Date: 06/23/10

>06:11:00

~~~ There is no way to peace; peace is the way ~~~~

--A.J. Muste

Guest guest

I had the sleeve and thus don’t have

first hand knowledge of the lap-band.

Luckily, there are people here on the site

who do have the band.

For us to help, let me ask the basic

questions, what are you eating?

Are you exercising?

Have you engaged Dr. Aceves or his staff?

If you are not losing weight, they should

have suggestions too.

Hopefully, this will get the feedback

started.

-Dennis

[mailto: ]

On Behalf Of michelle weaver

Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2010

10:19 PM

To:

Subject: Re: (unknown)

hey ok, i had my surgery in february with a 4cc maximun fill and

have had 3 fills since...im up to a 3.8 with my fills...ive only lost 8lbs...i

recently went and had an xray with the barium and my dr checked me every

way possible and saw no leaks...she was stumped as to the reason why ive not

lost much wt...at that time i was at 3cc she added another 8 for a total of

3.8....i need encouragement and words of wisdom please!!! im so discouraged at

this time and am so ready to get this wt off of me!!

michelle

<Bipleygmail>

Sent: Wed, June 23, 2010 5:48:48

PM

Subject: Re: (unknown)

you just did. ;o))))))

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 1:47 PM, michelle weaver <michelleweaver511>

wrote:

Guest guest

Glad that you enjoy your time in the pool, Sapphy! Hoping next month you will get that chance in the pool.

Liliann

From: Sapphyre <sapphyreonalosingstreak@...>100Plus List <100-plus >Sent: Fri, June 25, 2010 1:29:21 PMSubject: (unknown)

Will get in 2 1/2 hours swimming today man am I gonna be waterlogged! But I am enjoying it and today and Monday are my last days to be able to use the pool. Boss coming back Tuesday. It's been nice. But he does leave again in July so that will be nice. In the meantime I can always walk.I've been really in a funk this week, we are really financially strapped and things are really miserable. All I think of is food, but overeating won't solve anything so I've been good at talking myself out of it. Honestly, my stickers are helping me the most. Every time I put one on I can't help but see them all on that page and marvel that I've been able to stay on program this long. For nearly a month now. It's hard to hold on sometimes but when I step back and look ahead I know my troubles are temporary, and things will straighten out soon, and I'll have weathered the storm without going off program just because my emotions are out of whack. One giant

step, let me tell you.So on I go to get some work done and look forward to today's swim. Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend and remember to keep to program!Oh and one more thing ...GO KASEY #9 GO DANICA #7 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woooohooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!*~*~*~*"If I look down the road and see how far I have to go, I may get discouraged. If I overthink every aspect of what I need to do to succeed I may give up. If I focus on just today and make it as perfect as I can, I will succeed." -Sapphyre

Guest guest

I'm so sorry, Patty! Poor Isabella! I would be heartbroken by that news, but it is not over until it's over. Isabella's next couple of casts may make the differnece, but either way, you are doing the VERY best for your precious daughter!

Hugs, Heidi, Bexon's Mommy, (2 and a half years old, in 7th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 62 degrees to 19.7 in cast)

From: Patty Bowen <bowenpatty@...>infantile scoliosis treatment Sent: Thu, June 24, 2010 10:07:03 PMSubject: (unknown)

Sorry, I have yet been out of the loop again but since our casting last week, I have been putting in some long hours at work. I haven't been too eager to post either since we didn't hear what we wanted to at this last casting. Unfortunately, our doc thinks Isabella isn't going to correct on her own and so he said at some point, we will have to do surgery. I was very upset but stayed strong for Isabella. Since we seem to be going nowhere, we opted for a waterproof cast (only approved since we haven't had improvement) for the summer and then we will most likely go back to the plaster in August. While there, the doc x-rayed her arm and said it is healing nicely so he put her in a short arm waterproof cast. It's just been a horrible past 2 months for her with this news, breaking her arm, and to top it off, she fell Thursday night and split her head open at her eyebrow and had to get stitches so yet again, no water!!!!!!!

!!

Patty, mom of Isabella, 2 years old, in 6th scoli cast (Rochester) & now an arm cast & mom to & Evan

Guest guest

SO proud of you for keeping your head above the water! I remind myself in tough times, that it will eventually pass. I also (when I can) take little spa moments for myself. Hot bubble baths, soft music, perfume. Feeling good physically really helps when stress mounts up.

elisaannh

-- (unknown)

Will get in 2 1/2 hours swimming today man am I gonna be waterlogged! But I am enjoying it and today and Monday are my last days to be able to use the pool. Boss coming back Tuesday. It's been nice. But he does leave again in July so that will be nice. In the meantime I can always walk.

I've been really in a funk this week, we are really financially strapped and things are really miserable. All I think of is food, but overeating won't solve anything so I've been good at talking myself out of it. Honestly, my stickers are helping me the most. Every time I put one on I can't help but see them all on that page and marvel that I've been able to stay on program this long. For nearly a month now. It's hard to hold on sometimes but when I step back and look ahead I know my troubles are temporary, and things will straighten out soon, and I'll have weathered the storm without going off program just because my emotions are out of whack. One giant step, let me tell you.

So on I go to get some work done and look forward to today's swim. Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend and remember to keep to program!

Oh and one more thing ...

GO KASEY #9 GO DANICA #7 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woooohooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*~*~*~*

"If I look down the road and see how far I have to go, I may get discouraged. If I overthink every aspect of what I need to do to succeed I may give up. If I focus on just today and make it as perfect as I can, I will succeed." -Sapphyre

------------------------------------

Guest guest

Thanks Heidi! Patty, mom of Isabella, 2 years old, in 5th scoli cast (Rochester) & now an arm cast & mom to & EvanFrom: NIck Guthe <nickguthe@...>infantile scoliosis treatment Sent: Fri, June 25, 2010 10:56:50 AMSubject: Re:

(unknown)

I'm so sorry, Patty! Poor Isabella! I would be heartbroken by that news, but it is not over until it's over. Isabella's next couple of casts may make the differnece, but either way, you are doing the VERY best for your precious daughter!

Hugs, Heidi, Bexon's Mommy, (2 and a half years old, in 7th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 62 degrees to 19.7 in cast)

From: Patty Bowen <bowenpatty (DOT) com>infantile scoliosis treatment @groups. comSent: Thu, June 24, 2010 10:07:03 PMSubject: [infantile_scoliosi s] (unknown)

Sorry, I have yet been out of the loop again but since our casting last week, I have been putting in some long hours at work. I haven't been too eager to post either since we didn't hear what we wanted to at this last casting. Unfortunately, our doc thinks Isabella isn't going to correct on her own and so he said at some point, we will have to do surgery. I was very upset but stayed strong for Isabella. Since we seem to be going nowhere, we opted for a waterproof cast (only approved since we haven't had improvement) for the summer and then we will most likely go back to the plaster in August. While there, the doc x-rayed her arm and said it is healing nicely so he put her in a short arm waterproof cast. It's just been a horrible past 2 months for her with this news, breaking her arm, and to top it off, she fell Thursday night and split her head open at her eyebrow and had to get stitches so yet again, no water!!!!!!!

!!

Patty, mom of Isabella, 2 years old, in 6th scoli cast (Rochester) & now an arm cast & mom to & Evan

Guest guest

Patty

I totally feel your pain and frustration. I am sorry you are not getting the correction. We are in the same boat as you. All I can say is take it one day at a time. Don't look too far ahead in the future. A lot can happen and change. So sorry she had to get stitches. I saw that on FB. I hope she can have a peaceful and fun summer with NO MORE accidents.

Joanmom to Hayden 339 degrees down from 62After 4 casts, now in a brace 23 hours/dayTreated at ish Rite Hospital Dallas, TX

From: Patty Bowen <bowenpatty@...>infantile scoliosis treatment Sent: Fri, June 25, 2010 12:07:03 AMSubject: (unknown)

!!

Guest guest

Patty I just wanted you to know you aren't alone. Dr.P has also told us that Nora isn't correcting but just holding and believe me it SUCKS! However I do look at the bright side, look at all of those surgeries we've prevented thus far! He said that she will either get a VEPTR or growing rods at 7 or 8 and then start fusing at 10 or 11.

Tonya Perkins

Asheboro,NC

mother of ,11 &

Nora,4 scoliosis, acid reflux

bracing for summer

9th cast Oct. 13

Greenville Shriners,SC

From: Patty Bowen <bowenpatty@...>infantile scoliosis treatment Sent: Fri, June 25, 2010 1:07:03 AMSubject: (unknown)

!!

Guest guest

Soy was given FDA approval to claim health benefits, but I have learned

that soy that has not been fermented contains estrogen mimickers and

interferes with thyroid function (called a goitrogen), and people in Asia

(whence soy comes) do not eat large amounts of unfermented soy-- it's used

as an accent. Fermented soy such as miso and tempeh and real tamari is

good for people.

You might try rice milk or one of the nut milks-- Whole Foods has a

house-brand rice milk that is $1.69/quart that I like. I understand having

limited means and I have to really work at holding it all together well.

If you can't make a change on that, don't worry about it. We all do the

best we can at any given time, and worry and stress about food do NOT

create health.

wishing you most well,

--

>I am allergic to dairy product and that is why I use soymilk with my

>protein drink. If I take Organic Coconut Oil I have a severe cold sore

>outbreak. I take lysine daily. I tried the Coconut oil three times. If I

>have dairy I cannot breath. I am on Armour Thyroid and an Adrenal extract

>from Gia Herbs. I am going to try Steel Cut Oatmeal and niacin...

>

>There is so much contradicting information out there re Soymilk. I cannot

>get goats milk here and goats milk cheese is very expensive. For those of

>us on disability and alone we do the best we can...

>Thanks...

>

>

> " Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end

>of the day saying, " I will try again tomorrow " . "

~~~ There is no way to peace; peace is the way ~~~~

--A.J. Muste