> to nothing, when we went gluten free. When we went gluten free, I didn't

> pay attention much to Asperger symptoms since I didn't know he had it. I

> was mainly looking to improve our health. Oh, in addition to my asthma and

> my son's eczema, my allergies are virtually non-existent since going gluten

> free. I had been taking two shots weekly and was told by the allergist that

> I would NEVER be able to quit taking them my allergies were so bad. There

> is a great book that connects allergies, asthma, ADHD and autism called

> Healing the New Childhood Epidemics and the author is Dr. Bock. It

> is absolutely what convinced me to go gluten-free.

>

>

Guest guest

Hello Bobby,

What wonderful news for an amazing lady!!!!   I  am so happy for you and your

family.    Hugs for Gee Gee!  

Dianne F.

Subject: [ ] (unknown)

" " < >

Date: Tuesday, 23 March, 2010, 11:42 AM

Hi everyone, you know, it is truly amazing, to have cml as long as I have and

finally reach the magic number.  What is more amazing is how I feel.  If I

didn't have to drive to Ann Arbor once a month to see Dr. Talpaz, I would never

know I have cml. I read about all of you and your fatigue and rashes etc., and I

well remember those Gleevec Days.  Gleevec is why I am here today, bad side

effects or not, it saved the day for me and for most of you.

Dr. Druker is my hero and will be forever for what he has given all of us.  But

I love this Ariad drug, it , for me, is very similar to Sprycel, I loved that

one too until I had PE, but that took 1 1/2 years to get, so even though I am

pcru I am keeping my fingers crossed that life goes on as it is and nothing

changes.  Thank you so much for all your congratulations , and I pray that

Ariad will hit the market soon and be a blessing to everyone.  Love, Bobby

a ( Bobby ) Doyle, dob 12/17/29

Brecksville, Ohio, USA

DX 5/1995

Interferon 9 weeks/Hydroxyurea 5 years

02/2000 to 06/2002 Gleevec trial, OHSU

06/2002 Gleevec/Trisenox Trial, OHSU

06/2003 Gleevec/Zarnestra Trial, OHSU

04/2004 Sprycel Trial, MDACC, CCR in 10 months

04/2008 XL228 Trial, U of Mich.

01/2009 PCR 5.69

04/2009 Ariad Trial AP24534

09/2009 PCR 0.017

11/2009 PCR 0.034

#840 Zavie's Zero Club

PCRU APRIL 15, 2010

Guest guest

Welcome, Sammi and Sharon. I hope you love the list!

I also hope you can join us for our 10th annual gathering on July 31st. It's in

Syracuse! Did teach the class?

About bulk ordering: we have done a group order from Soapers Choice for a few

years now. We order shortly before the gathering so that the oils can be

divided up and distributed at the gathering. Occasionally, other members will

offer a bulk buy on a certain product and people contact that member to get in

on the buy. You'll want to keep an eye out for those posts.

In a message dated 03/25/10 08:48:34 Eastern Daylight Time,

simplysoap2010@... writes:

We thought we'd take a moment to introduce ourselves. We are Sammi & Sharon,

mother & daughter from Homer & SO. Otselic. We recently joined your group after

we took soap making classes from one of your members. We loved it!

We were also told that we could purchase supplies when you bulk ordered. We were

wondering when you will order next?

Beth Byrne

http://www.SoapAndGarden.com

Be good to your skin!

http://www.soapandgarden.blogspot.com

www.Saponifier.com

Guest guest

I also feel it's B.Cheers,ShuchiOn Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 7:27 PM, Gayathiri Chandramouli <gayuchandru@...> wrote:

Hi..Can anyone help me with this Q pleaseA 45 year old patient attends the dental clinic complaining of a clicking jaw. Examination reveals a reproducible click of the right TMJ when opening wide. Upon asking the patient to open wide, close with incisors edge-to-edge and then open and close to this position, the click is absent.

From the options below, which one is the most likely diagnosis?A. Myofascial painB. Disc displacement with reductionC. Disc displacement without reductionD. TMJ osteoarthritisE. ArthralgiaI think the answer is option B..

Any comments...ThanksGayathiri

Guest guest

I think its B also :) Dr.FatenFrom: Shuchi Sood <drshuchisood@...>To:

Sent: Sat, March 27, 2010 8:03:10 PMSubject: Re: (unknown)

I also feel it's B.Cheers,ShuchiOn Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 7:27 PM, Gayathiri Chandramouli <gayuchandru@ .co. uk> wrote:

Hi..Can anyone help me with this Q pleaseA 45 year old patient attends the dental clinic complaining of a clicking jaw. Examination reveals a reproducible click of the right TMJ when opening wide. Upon asking the patient to open wide, close with incisors edge-to-edge and then open and close to this position, the click is absent.

From the options below, which one is the most likely diagnosis?A. Myofascial painB. Disc displacement with reductionC. Disc displacement without reductionD. TMJ osteoarthritisE. ArthralgiaI think the answer is option B..

Any comments...ThanksGayathiri

Guest guest

hai i am also new to this groupi am willing to be a study partnerwould be pleased if any body is interested jamesOn Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 7:14 PM, roopa shree <roopa_ns@...> wrote:

hii want to know whatz diffrnc btwn ORE and MJDF

Date: Sunday, 28 March, 2010, 18:30

Hello,

More questions

Which type of cells is seen after early stage of chronid periodontitis?

Basophils, eosinophils, macrophages, lymphocytes

Role of sodium pyrophosphate in toothpaste

abrasive, anti-calculus agent, de-sensitizing agent, humectant, preservative

Malignent melanoma is commonly found on which site?

Buccal mucosa, gingiva, palate, floor of the mouth

Thanks.

Your Mail works best with the New Optimized IE8. Get it NOW!.

Guest guest

ORE is overseaas reagistration examination - is for dentists who are qualified in other countries to get reagistered with the GDC.MJDF - Membership of the Joint Dental Faculties at The Royal College of Surgeons is like a assessment of knowledge of undergraduate dentists and will help in improving practice skills and will be the first step for any postgraduation.

Hello,

More questions

Thanks.

Guest guest

Thank you Gayathiri. Does the MJDF give the right to get license to work in UK?And is there any difference in exam materials and questions?Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless deviceFrom: Gayathiri Chandramouli <gayuchandru@...>Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 07:42:59 +0000 (GMT)< >Subject: Re: (unknown) ORE is overseaas reagistration examination - is for dentists who are qualified in other countries to get reagistered with the GDC.MJDF - Membership of the Joint Dental Faculties at The Royal College of Surgeons is like a assessment of knowledge of undergraduate dentists and will help in improving practice skills and will be the first step for any postgraduation.From: george said <georgeeskaros>Subject: (unknown)Date: Sunday, 28 March, 2010, 18:30 Hello,More questionsWhich type of cells is seen after early stage of chronid periodontitis?Basophils, eosinophils, macrophages, lymphocytesRole of sodium pyrophosphate in toothpasteabrasive, anti-calculus agent, de-sensitizing agent, humectant, preservativeMalignent melanoma is commonly found on which site?Buccal mucosa, gingiva, palate, floor of the mouthThanks. Your Mail works best with the New Optimized IE8. Get it NOW!.

Guest guest

ATP CoFactors are a combo of B2/B3 and are needed to help with organification of iodine. It is for those with issues in their "processing". It seems to work well for those with hashi's. You can buy it on www.breastcancerchoices.org.

Yes iodine when supplied in high enough amounts with the companion nutrients will eliminate fibrocystic breast disease.

What are you taking and how much?

Steph

(unknown)

What is ATP Cofactors? What does bromide have to do with our iodine levels? It's been about a year now since I learned that I'm hypothyroid. I have been taking idoral since sometime this summer. I still have lumpy breast. Isn't iodine suppose to rid you of lumpy fibrocytic breast?

Guest guest

I am taking Idoral (60 mg with Postassium), vitatim D (3), sometimes magesium, sometimes selinum, Juice Plus, and T3 & T4 thyroid...and more! No longer Armour. There are days when all the supplements bothers my stomach. I take short term breaks, or leave one supplement out for a few days. I always take my thyroid, and most of the time iodine. I buy most of my supplements at my Holistic Health Center. I had no idea about the B2/B3 needed to organification of iodine.

I had a blood test a few days ago and just learned that my thyroid is still running low. I also had another autoimmune disease blood test. I am hoping that the idoine, and getting off Armour took care of that problem. I've only been on thyroid therapy for about a year, and iodine since July. I felt sick after taking the Armour. The newer version was worse. My tsh scores went up to 75. I asked my naturpathic doctor to change it to something else. I'm on a synthetic t3 and t4 made at a compounding pharmacy. I don't feel sick after taking it. It was my own hyposthesis in that my body reacted to Armour as a foregin substance, making my thyroid worse, and causing me to have a thyroid autoimmune problem. Not sure?

I had 2 bc dx... in fall 2007 and 2008. My dx was multifocal high grade dcis and fibrocystic breast disease. I chose only lumpectomies. Last year I took iodine hoping that it would keep me from a recurrence. I still have fibrocystic breast and or cysts. Would iodine rid me of high grade dcis cells? I read somewhere iodine kills dcis cells? Would iodine help a woman I know who is now stage four breast cancer?

I am grateful that my 6 month mammo was clear and one year mri. I felt it being clear was due to taking iodine, and hopefully a better functioning thyroid. I am a little nervous with the thoughts that the iodine I'm taking isn't being processed correctly in my body.

Thanks for responding...I realize I'm still knew at all this, and at times I get discouraged with the whole thing. Sometimes it feels like too much.

From: ladybugsandbees <ladybugsandbees@...>iodine Sent: Tue, March 30, 2010 3:22:15 AMSubject: Re: (unknown)

ATP CoFactors are a combo of B2/B3 and are needed to help with organification of iodine. It is for those with issues in their "processing" . It seems to work well for those with hashi's. You can buy it on www.breastcancercho ices.org.

Yes iodine when supplied in high enough amounts with the companion nutrients will eliminate fibrocystic breast disease.

What are you taking and how much?

Steph

(unknown)

What is ATP Cofactors? What does bromide have to do with our iodine levels? It's been about a year now since I learned that I'm hypothyroid. I have been taking idoral since sometime this summer. I still have lumpy breast. Isn't iodine suppose to rid you of lumpy fibrocytic breast?

Guest guest

There is a way to test to see if your body is utilizing the iodine. It is a test that is saliva / serum and you can find more info under the Hakala Labs section in the common questions / new member document in the FILES of the group. Here is the research article by Dr. Abraham on the subject of why it occurs http://www.optimox.com/pics/Iodine/IOD-20/IOD_20.htm

I would highly recommend going to the contact page on www.breastcancerchoices.org and ask some of the questions you have asked here there. I believe they have a support group that discusses iodine and BC / Breast issues. I am just not the best person to ask that question. Thyroid is my specialty.

Steph

(unknown)

Guest guest

Hi KamalaDoing MJDF does not give u the licence to work in UK.It is ORE that gives u an oppurtunity to get registered with GDC and to work in UK.I wouldnt say they both are similar exams...ORE - the syllabus is more elaborate including basic science (there is a separate paper in ORE 1 for basic science)...So really it involves all the subjects that we did in university.MJDF- Involves more clinically oriented questions but the syllabus can be similar.It is just an assessment examination which can improve ur skills and CV and help in planning postgraduation.Most people try to do them both together as it saves preparation....I actually did my ORE first and doing my MJDF now once Im sorted with work and stuff cos really ORE is more important to start working - infact thats the only door to start working.....Let me know if u

need more details and Good luck with ur preparation...Cheers

Hello,

More questions

Thanks.

Guest guest

Hi all,

Anybody taking PArt 2 in may??

charlot

From: Gayathiri Chandramouli <gayuchandru@...> Sent: Wed, March 31, 2010 4:54:58 PMSubject: Re: (unknown)

Hi KamalaDoing MJDF does not give u the licence to work in UK.It is ORE that gives u an oppurtunity to get registered with GDC and to work in UK.I wouldnt say they both are similar exams...ORE - the syllabus is more elaborate including basic science (there is a separate paper in ORE 1 for basic science)...So really it involves all the subjects that we did in university.MJDF- Involves more clinically oriented questions but the syllabus can be similar.It is just an assessment examination which can improve ur skills and CV and help in planning postgraduation.Most people try to do them both together as it saves preparation. ...I actually did my ORE first and doing my MJDF now once Im sorted with work and stuff cos really ORE is more important to start working - infact thats the only door to start working..... Let me know if u need more details and Good luck with ur preparation.

...Cheers

From: george said <georgeeskaros>Subject: (unknown)Date: Sunday, 28 March, 2010, 18:30

Hello,More questionsWhich type of cells is seen after early stage of chronid periodontitis?Basophils, eosinophils, macrophages, lymphocytesRole of sodium pyrophosphate in toothpasteabrasive, anti-calculus agent, de-sensitizing agent, humectant, preservativeMalignent melanoma is commonly found on which site?Buccal mucosa, gingiva, palate, floor of the mouthThanks.

Guest guest

It looks like you finally got enough bromide out to start getting iodine in. Your iodine % was artificially elevated more than likely on the last test due to blocked receptors from that high bromide.

I have the same trends. Hang in there! Whether the numbers look like it or not you are making progress.

Steph

(unknown)

Hi,I just received my Iodine Loading/Bromide testing results, and I am somewhat disappointed with my saturation level. I have been taking 50 mg - 125 mg of Iodoral/Lugols per day for the last 2 years, and my saturation levels are worse but the bromide excretion has improved. I am taking all of the companion nutrients, e.g., ATP Co factors, Selenium, Magnesium, Vitamin C, 1/2 - 1 tsp per day of Celtic sea salt, etc. 03/19/2009 09/19/2009 03/21/2010Bromide 33.57 54.05 22.4Iodine 79% 87% 63% My history is that I am a 3 1/2 year breast cancer survivor, and I feel great.Please provide your recommendations on what I can do to get rid of the excessive amounts of bromide and increase my iodine saturation level. Do you think continuing the 50 - 125 mg of iodine per day will eventually increase my saturation level and remove the rest of the bromide?Thanks in advance for your replies/suggestions, Lu

Guest guest

hello ,

After my last visit with the dentist the roof of my mouth, the inside of my nose and gums in the front

of my mouth felt like hamburger. I couldn't touch any of it.. much less use a paddle. I suffered for

days while it seemed to be getting worse instead of better....

Then I thought of boiling some water with clove powder, cool and use it to swish around the

infected area. That was the first time I was able to make it through the night without Ibuprofin -

and I saw a steady improvement... after which I was able to use the paddles.

Naturally I did the clove treatment every time the pain returned but results were almost immediate.

good luck.

hugs,

Ruth

(unknown)

"GreetingsI am , and I am almost 60 years oldI have Cirrhosis, and seem to have lupus, wich makes any treatment very difficult and time-spending.By stupidity, I did recently contracted a bad infection on a tooth - and after trying antibiotics that the dentist prescribed to me (and getting better the first two days, getting worse and worse, just like it stoped working and was doing nothing at all for the infection), we got to the conclusion that there was nothing we could do.I felt my infection spreading, and was getting hopeless, when a friend told me about your site and methods, wich I had my family to investigate for me.On my Country, it was not easy to find the 6 Volt Battery needed, not at allEveryone was searching, me as well on the yellow pages, until finally, after some days, I did got one.After constructed the paddles that my friend recomended, I used them on each side of the cheeks. I was feeling nothing at all while using them, wich was a relief, as I was a bit scared (wich is normal I think). I still don't know if it was normal, not to feel a thing with the paddles.. But I wanted more, something more local, so the thought of putting the paddles on my teeth gums did cross my mind, yes. But obviously, they were too big for that.So my grandaughter reminded me of one of the other options, the Apprentice Godzilla, wich she did read that was one of the simplest yet best of the apparatus, and was small and powerfull.Easy to put on gumsSo we did un-build the paddles, and build the apprenticeAnd right in the morning, I tried it out.At first, I did feel nothing, just like with the paddles.But after a few sessions, it all changed.Both tissues were white, but one on the thing's tissue got green (wich I am aware that on white tissue it could get stained, but still I think I better mention it anyways, as it happened to only ONE of the wire-things), and it started to give me shocks, and the more I did try, the more painfull and bigger they got.I tried adding more tissue, and putting less watter and saliva on it, but nothing. We did check the wires, and even re-done the part of the wire, cutting and preparing again. So, my questions are these:- To treat the infection on my tooth, do I put the wires wraped on tissue from a cotton shirt on my gums?- With my saliva they get too wet, and give me big and strong electrical shocks. Is it supposed to be that way, or is it harming me?- Is it better to put the sponges on my cheeks? Will it do as much good?Thanks in advance, I feel rather lost, not knowing what to do"

Guest guest

Do you want all the gory details? Treatment was rough...... From: Christ <ludichrist2000@...>WebWarriors grp < >Sent: Tue, April 6, 2010 6:05:33 PMSubject: [ ] (unknown)

Hi Teri

Welcome to the group.

Its great that you completed TX, and are still SVR.

I know that makes you happy.

Im sure you have many things that you can share with us about your experiance.

You will be a great help to those newly diagnosed, facing TX, or in the journey.

We would love to hear about your experiance, your thoughts, and how has HCV changed your life?

What are your plans for the future?

Thank you for joining us.

love

don in ks

Hi everyone! My name is Teri, I was diagnosed with Hep C in 2004. By the time they found it I had been living with that virus for 25 years. Got infected thru a blood transfusion when I had my son in 1980. I went thru treatment with Peg-Interfuron and Ribavirin for 48 weeks 2005-2006 and am currently still SVR. Treatment was rough but I came out on the other side. So HI everybody! Teri

Guest guest

If is caught up in something, he can't just stop and do something else.

It's especially hard if he is doing something he likes or if he's responding to

someone being mean or negative. If he gets it in his head to retaliate, it is

extremely difficult for him to make a good choice. He's better at it now. I

remember once we were at a pool party and there was this big island in the

center of the pool that was in the shape of Texas (we lived in Texas at the

time). Anyway, kids were on the island pushing each other off. thought

this was really fun until someone pushed him. Then he went a bit crazy and was

screaming, " I HAVE TO KILL HER!!! " Fortunately, this was a PTA event and one of

the special ed people was there. She helped me get him out of the situation and

I talked to about choices. I said, " I can drag you to the car right now

and we'll go straight home or you can calm down and we'll stop at Mcs on

the way home. " He said, " Oh VERY WELL, I'll just have to kill her in my head. "

I told him that I could accept that. LOL. He probably still uses it, though he

doesn't mention it. I've told him that he can think anything he wants as long

as he doesn't actually do it in real life. He told a girl, " You need to commit

suicide " on the bus one day because he asked her not to talk to him and she kept

on. She has her own special needs so just couldn't stop talking. I told him,

" It's okay to think that but you need to say something nicer to her like,

" Please don't talk to me right now. "

I'm not sure how helpful this is but feel free to ask me anything and I'll do my

best to answer. :)

Miriam

> >

> > I've never heard of anyone who considered AS as being viewed as a desired

trend, despite any well-known names being associated with it. I can't imagine

that anyone who truly understands everything about AS would ever want their

child to have it, or have someone think they have it; because of all the misery

that accompanies it--the cruel teasing/bullying, loneliness, sorrow,

embarrassment, confusion and all that they suffer through (and we parents suffer

too, because I love my dd who is so hurt by others' reactions). Not all AS

people are geniuses, some have average intelligence, so they aren't necessarily

accepted because of a genius status either. It's so sad, and I feel so helpless.

-Kari

> >

> >

> > - The people who want their children diagnosed with Asperger's don't

really have Asperger's so they or their children don't have all the negative

implications of the disorder. They want the diagnosis for various reasons, to

the best of my knowledge because it is an excuse for a child's poor behaviour

(which really detracts from the children that actually have the disorder),

attention, and/or the designer diagnosis part because the word Asperger's has

become the new 'gifted'. I know the latter isn't true, some children with

Asperger's are very intelligent, others average and as any of us know, often

their intelligence is difficult to know because they have so many other issues

interfering (ie. anxiety, stimming, infexibility, etc.). Also it is my

understanding that some parents truly believe their child has Asperger's even

when they don't - I can understand the feeling of wanting to know exactly how to

help you child. As well, many people and groups prey

> > on parents in a vulnerable state. The neurodevelopmental differences

associated with Asperger's can only be diagnosed easily between 8-12 years of

age. I don't know whether or not this change in names is a good thing, I hope it

is because it's happening. I think it will be difficult for Aspies who strongly

associate themselves with the label, then again, resistance to change is one of

their strong traits. I prefer to think of this issue or others in a positive

light, focusing on the negative just adds to the exhaustion and frustration. I

think if society were more tolerant of neurodiversity they could accept that our

children are different, not less.

> >

> > Donna

> >

>

Guest guest

Thanks Pam. I have actually learned a good comeback for people who think they

know so much. " I'm glad he's not YOUR kid. " LOL. I feel I'm a lucky mom to

have . He really is very sweet and he loves his family so much. He tells

people at school that he misses his sister sometimes. They get along really

well. He always wants to hug me which is odd for a 13 year old but I think I'll

enjoy it as long as I can. really wants to do the right things. He really

does. There was a point last month at which some of his regular classroom

teachers were saying that 's inattentive behavior was purposeful. The

wonderful guidance counselor went and observed him and made it clear his

behavior absolutely was NOT purposeful. She said this is how she knows. Every

time is redirected to pay attention he really does try to do it. He never

complains about it, never acts out about this, just loses focus after about 30

seconds. We decided some meds for attention might be a huge help right now.

He's on Intuniv which isn't a stimulant and is doing so well on it. He seems

more comfortable somehow. Like maybe it's helping some of his sensory issues.

It's a beautiful thing. It hasn't changed his personality, it's just made him

more able to focus. It helps him with impulse control. So if he wants to poke

his sister he can stop himself and they get along even better now.

has shown me new ways of looking at things and it brings me so much

happiness. I'm sure my life would be lacking without him.

Miriam

> > >

> > > I've never heard of anyone who considered AS as being viewed as a

> > desired trend, despite any well-known names being associated with

> > it. I can't imagine that anyone who truly understands everything

> > about AS would ever want their child to have it, or have someone

> > think they have it; because of all the misery that accompanies it--

> > the cruel teasing/bullying, loneliness, sorrow, embarrassment,

> > confusion and all that they suffer through (and we parents suffer

> > too, because I love my dd who is so hurt by others' reactions). Not

> > all AS people are geniuses, some have average intelligence, so they

> > aren't necessarily accepted because of a genius status either. It's

> > so sad, and I feel so helpless. -Kari

> > >

> > >

> > > - The people who want their children diagnosed with Asperger's

> > don't really have Asperger's so they or their children don't have

> > all the negative implications of the disorder. They want the

> > diagnosis for various reasons, to the best of my knowledge because

> > it is an excuse for a child's poor behaviour (which really detracts

> > from the children that actually have the disorder), attention, and/

> > or the designer diagnosis part because the word Asperger's has

> > become the new 'gifted'. I know the latter isn't true, some children

> > with Asperger's are very intelligent, others average and as any of

> > us know, often their intelligence is difficult to know because they

> > have so many other issues interfering (ie. anxiety, stimming,

> > infexibility, etc.). Also it is my understanding that some parents

> > truly believe their child has Asperger's even when they don't - I

> > can understand the feeling of wanting to know exactly how to help

> > you child. As well, many people and groups prey

> > > on parents in a vulnerable state. The neurodevelopmental

> > differences associated with Asperger's can only be diagnosed easily

> > between 8-12 years of age. I don't know whether or not this change

> > in names is a good thing, I hope it is because it's happening. I

> > think it will be difficult for Aspies who strongly associate

> > themselves with the label, then again, resistance to change is one

> > of their strong traits. I prefer to think of this issue or others in

> > a positive light, focusing on the negative just adds to the

> > exhaustion and frustration. I think if society were more tolerant of

> > neurodiversity they could accept that our children are different,

> > not less.

> > >

> > > Donna

> > >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Miriam,

I love the reply.....I may just have to use it.

Your comment about your 13 year old still hugging you made me smile. Mine, 13 as well, still hugs me, too. Says "I love you" whenever we part, too. Yep, it's odd for "nowadays", but I'll take it for as long as I can as well.

Ahhhhh, Laughter................

Robin

From: mimasdprofile <callis4773@...>Subject: Re: ( ) (unknown) Date: Friday, April 9, 2010, 7:47 AM

Thanks Pam. I have actually learned a good comeback for people who think they know so much. "I'm glad he's not YOUR kid." LOL. I feel I'm a lucky mom to have . He really is very sweet and he loves his family so much. He tells people at school that he misses his sister sometimes. They get along really well. He always wants to hug me which is odd for a 13 year old but I think I'll enjoy it as long as I can. really wants to do the right things. He really does. There was a point last month at which some of his regular classroom teachers were saying that 's inattentive behavior was purposeful. The wonderful guidance counselor went and observed him and made it clear his behavior absolutely was NOT purposeful. She said this is how she knows. Every time is redirected to pay attention he really does try to do it. He never complains about it, never acts out about this, just loses focus after about 30 seconds. We decided some meds for

attention might be a huge help right now. He's on Intuniv which isn't a stimulant and is doing so well on it. He seems more comfortable somehow. Like maybe it's helping some of his sensory issues. It's a beautiful thing. It hasn't changed his personality, it's just made him more able to focus. It helps him with impulse control. So if he wants to poke his sister he can stop himself and they get along even better now. has shown me new ways of looking at things and it brings me so much happiness. I'm sure my life would be lacking without him.Miriam> > >> > > I've never heard of anyone who considered AS as being viewed as a > > desired trend, despite any well-known names being associated with > > it. I can't imagine that anyone who truly understands everything > > about AS would ever want their child to have it, or have someone > > think they have it; because of all the misery that accompanies it-- > > the cruel teasing/bullying, loneliness, sorrow, embarrassment, > > confusion and all that they suffer

through (and we parents suffer > > too, because I love my dd who is so hurt by others' reactions). Not > > all AS people are geniuses, some have average intelligence, so they > > aren't necessarily accepted because of a genius status either. It's > > so sad, and I feel so helpless. -Kari> > >> > >> > > - The people who want their children diagnosed with Asperger's > > don't really have Asperger's so they or their children don't have > > all the negative implications of the disorder. They want the > > diagnosis for various reasons, to the best of my knowledge because > > it is an excuse for a child's poor behaviour (which really detracts > > from the children that actually have the disorder), attention, and/ > > or the designer diagnosis part because the word Asperger's has > > become the new 'gifted'. I

know the latter isn't true, some children > > with Asperger's are very intelligent, others average and as any of > > us know, often their intelligence is difficult to know because they > > have so many other issues interfering (ie. anxiety, stimming, > > infexibility, etc.). Also it is my understanding that some parents > > truly believe their child has Asperger's even when they don't - I > > can understand the feeling of wanting to know exactly how to help > > you child. As well, many people and groups prey> > > on parents in a vulnerable state. The neurodevelopmental > > differences associated with Asperger's can only be diagnosed easily > > between 8-12 years of age. I don't know whether or not this change > > in names is a good thing, I hope it is because it's happening. I > > think it will be difficult for Aspies who strongly

associate > > themselves with the label, then again, resistance to change is one > > of their strong traits. I prefer to think of this issue or others in > > a positive light, focusing on the negative just adds to the > > exhaustion and frustration. I think if society were more tolerant of > > neurodiversity they could accept that our children are different, > > not less.> > >> > > Donna> > >> >> >>

Guest guest

I think I actually got that comeback line from some friends at La Leche League.

They tend to do parenting a bit differently. They also tend to get a LOT of

criticism. The things I learned there were a HUGE help with because most

(not all) assume that behavior has a cause and a function. They don't

automatically punish. A lot of times parents are expected to just LOWER THE

BOOM on their kids but my LLL friends mostly tried to help their kids learn to

work out problems, helped them brainstorm better ways. I also learned to choose

battles carefully. Anything that wasn't important wasn't worth fighting about.

It fit in perfectly with what needed so from when was 3 months of age

we were hanging around with these folks who mostly parented this way and I could

see the benefits before was in need of so much help. Then we prevented a

lot of difficulties before they happened. I still had a very rough time from

when started walking (finally at 15 months) until he was about 8 years old.

I was very very fortunate to have friends, experts, diagnosticians and doctors

who all felt I was doing a great job so when the criticism came I already had

this foundation that kept me from losing my mind and I had my comeback line and

it got me through a lot of bad times.

Choosing battles was probably the biggest help of all. If was wiggling

around but not bothering anyone, I didn't fight it. If wanted to touch or

look at something close-up, as long as it was safe and not disallowed by someone

else I let him do it. I remember my husband wanting to park in a parking lot at

the mall that was closest to the store he planned to visit. When I would park

if was in the car I parked at Sears because he loved those big blue

letters. I would scream insanely if I parked anywhere else. I didn't care

where we parked and parking far from where I planned to go was just fine with me

since I got more exercise that way. There was no reason to fight that battle.

Eventually, my husband started doing the same thing and then got over it

and moved on to his next obsession. LOL. He is hyperlexic and read literally

BY his second birthday. So letters and words were a HUGE HUGE deal. The word

Pizza was the first thing I knew he could read. We passed a pizza place. I

never pointed the sign out. We never ate there. He just was nutty about double

letters and the letter z. A double Z...OMG, he loved it. His favorite TV show

was Zoom and his favorite kid on Zoom was Zoe who was also a math genius. LOL.

No sense fighting stupid battles. But lots of people had OPINIONS and I'm glad

he isn't their kid.

Miriam

> > > >

> > > > I've never heard of anyone who considered AS as being viewed as a

> > > desired trend, despite any well-known names being associated with

> > > it. I can't imagine that anyone who truly understands everything

> > > about AS would ever want their child to have it, or have someone

> > > think they have it; because of all the misery that accompanies it--

> > > the cruel teasing/bullying, loneliness, sorrow, embarrassment,

> > > confusion and all that they suffer through (and we parents suffer

> > > too, because I love my dd who is so hurt by others' reactions). Not

> > > all AS people are geniuses, some have average intelligence, so they

> > > aren't necessarily accepted because of a genius status either. It's

> > > so sad, and I feel so helpless. -Kari

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > - The people who want their children diagnosed with Asperger's

> > > don't really have Asperger's so they or their children don't have

> > > all the negative implications of the disorder. They want the

> > > diagnosis for various reasons, to the best of my knowledge because

> > > it is an excuse for a child's poor behaviour (which really detracts

> > > from the children that actually have the disorder), attention, and/

> > > or the designer diagnosis part because the word Asperger's has

> > > become the new 'gifted'. I know the latter isn't true, some children

> > > with Asperger's are very intelligent, others average and as any of

> > > us know, often their intelligence is difficult to know because they

> > > have so many other issues interfering (ie. anxiety, stimming,

> > > infexibility, etc.). Also it is my understanding that some parents

> > > truly believe their child has Asperger's even when they don't - I

> > > can understand the feeling of wanting to know exactly how to help

> > > you child. As well, many people and groups prey

> > > > on parents in a vulnerable state. The neurodevelopmental

> > > differences associated with Asperger's can only be diagnosed easily

> > > between 8-12 years of age. I don't know whether or not this change

> > > in names is a good thing, I hope it is because it's happening. I

> > > think it will be difficult for Aspies who strongly associate

> > > themselves with the label, then again, resistance to change is one

> > > of their strong traits. I prefer to think of this issue or others in

> > > a positive light, focusing on the negative just adds to the

> > > exhaustion and frustration. I think if society were more tolerant of

> > > neurodiversity they could accept that our children are different,

> > > not less.

> > > >

> > > > Donna

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

My son has 2 sites and gets 30 per site. The priming works great on the pump.

Just seconds and not hard pushing.

BARBIE

Sent: Sun, April 11, 2010 8:37:45 AM

Subject: (unknown)

Ours is always off before we put it in, of course, and turned on after needles

are placed and covered as well, i will have to try the priming with the pump

and see next time :) I will let you know how it goes since we have the same

pump, she has 2 sites and gets 20mls

:)

Guest guest

My son has 2 sites and gets 30 per site. The priming works great on the pump.

Just seconds and not hard pushing.

BARBIE

Sent: Sun, April 11, 2010 8:37:45 AM

Subject: (unknown)

Ours is always off before we put it in, of course, and turned on after needles

are placed and covered as well, i will have to try the priming with the pump

and see next time :) I will let you know how it goes since we have the same

pump, she has 2 sites and gets 20mls

:)

Guest guest

HI,I JUS STARTED READING FROM MASTER DENTISTRY VOL 1 . M LOCATED AT LEICESTER. VISIT GDC WEBSITE THY VE LIST OF CONTENTS ND BOOKS. WHERE R YU LOCATED? I LL EMAIL TH NAMES OF BOOKS TO YU ONES I GET THE LIST.GOOD LUCK,PUJA.From: Kanwal Deol <kanwaldeol@...>Subject: (unknown) Date: Wednesday, 14 April, 2010, 3:51 PM

hican you guide me through ore

Send free SMS to your Friends on Mobile from your Messenger. Download Now! http://messenger./download.php

Guest guest

THANKS PUJA FOR UR MAILI AM IN INDIA.I KNOW THE GDC LIST. BUT IM UNABLE TO GET THEM IN INDIA.CAN U HELP ME IN THAT.TCFrom: PUJA RATHOUR <dynamite_dentist@...> Sent: Wed, April 14, 2010 10:15:07 PMSubject: Re: (unknown)

HI,I JUS STARTED READING FROM MASTER DENTISTRY VOL 1 . M LOCATED AT LEICESTER. VISIT GDC WEBSITE THY VE LIST OF CONTENTS ND BOOKS. WHERE R YU LOCATED? I LL EMAIL TH NAMES OF BOOKS TO YU ONES I GET THE LIST.GOOD LUCK,PUJA.From: Kanwal Deol <kanwaldeolymail (DOT) com>Subject: (unknown)Date: Wednesday, 14 April, 2010, 3:51 PM

Send free SMS to your Friends on Mobile from your Messenger. Download Now! http://messenger. / download. php

Guest guest

HI, SEE THR R SM BOOKS LIKE MASTER DENTISTRY VOL 1 ND 2 OXFORD HANDBOOK OF DENTISTRY-BASIC SCIENCES.OXFORD HANDBOOK OF DENTISTRY- CLINICAL SCIENCES.MEDICAL PROBLEMS IN DENTISTRY- CAWSON AND SCULLYCLINICAL PROBLEM SOLVING IN DENTISTRY- OODLE. U LL GET THESE IN INDIA I THINK IF NOT ORDER THE

BOOKS ON INTERNET AMAZON SITE IS GOOD I GOT FROM TAT. TK CR. From: Kanwal Deol <kanwaldeolymail (DOT) com>Subject: (unknown)Date: Wednesday, 14 April, 2010, 3:51 PM

Send free SMS to your Friends on Mobile from your Messenger. Download Now! http://messenger. / download. php

Send free SMS to your Friends on Mobile from your Messenger. Download Now! http://messenger./download.php