RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: (unknown)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

As far as extended year services, there is a court case that has shown

that regression/recoupment cannot be the only factor. ( v.

Independent Sch. Dist. No. 4, 921 F.2d 1022, 1029 (10th Cir. 1990),

cert. denied, 500 U.S. 905 (1991).)

They also have to look at if the student has emerging skills, the

nature and severity of the disability, and some other things. Do a

google search on extended year services and your state name and you

will most likely find a policy document outlining this information.

Jeanne

jwestpha@...

NBCT - Exceptional Needs (2000)

Guest guest

I would request your son's iep include an integrated st/ot therapy session

to work on social skills. I did this during the 4-5 year old term and it

worked tremendously.

All the best,

Joanne

[ ] (unknown)

Hello! I have learned so much from this group--thanks! I'm hoping

that someone can give me some insight and answers to a few questions

I have. Today, my 4 year old son's SLT told me, on the severity

spectrum of apraxia, she considers him 'moderately severe.' Believe

it or not, that news made my day! I was originally told he was

severe (back in Dec.) so, I'm guessing, he's improving (started

EFA's a little over a month ago). I am just so thrilled by this news

because, as bad as I think it is (I'd say only about 5 to 10 percent

of what he says is understandable), it's not as bad as I originally

thought. Now my question is -- I'm hoping that others w/ older

children, who were also diagnosed w/ 'moderately severe' apraxia,

could tell me how their speech is now (how was it at 5? 8?

teenager??).

My other question is about social skills. Since he cannot talk, he

has become withdrawn from other children. He's a very social boy (at

home w/ his brothers), but when at school, he plays alone. This

breaks my heart. I know he wants to play, but just doesn't know how

to initiate it or communicate w/ his peers. I've been working on

teaching him how to approach a child and simply say 'play?'. But, it

comes out as 'aaaa' so that's not working. Any suggestions of how he

can be included w/ other kids? Ideas for approaching others to play?

What have others done in this same situation?

Thanks so much!!

, mother of , 5, Dom, 4 (w/ apraxia) and Sam, 2

Guest guest

Dear Noha Hafez,

You are now a member of this group! Your email has been posted! So join in

the posts, use the files; do the tutroials, let us know how I/we can help you!

Jeanetta

Noha Hafez <noha_hafez@...> wrote: I would be happy to join

jeanettas PTCB Study Group

Noha

Guest guest

hi shelly- we have had 2 years of therapy and have gone from a severe

profound disorder less than25% INTELLIGIBLE to 75-80 % intelligible and mild

moderate. we also have alot of behavioral problems that are getting better- josh

is 5.

he started to talk at the age of 3- charlotte henry

Guest guest

Connie, I am another person who has problems with weakness. I really have to

pace myself. A trip to the grocery store can wipe me out and I'm not talking

about a large amount of groceries. There are two of us and I don't cook

everyday-we get carry out &

eat leftovers. My nurse-coordinator at the Gastroenterologist's says it's due

to my anemia (which causes decreased O2). We're supposed to go to Orlando with

our kids and grandchildren in a few weeks. I know that I'll never be able to do

all those amusement parks the way I used to. I'll probably have to rent a

wheelchair. Blood sugar can also be an issue in your case-keep them in line and

you should feel a little better.

Connie <angel34@...> wrote:

Annie, I see that someone else has weekness from taking a shower. I

thought it was just me. I am usually wasted for 4 hours after a

shower I get so week after a shower that I can not dress afterward.

I also get winded also.

Judy, my blood sugars rose real high after I started on the

Prednisone, My Family Dr did not treat me agressively enough so I

went to a Diebetic Dr. and he treated me agressivly. I take Humalog

15 units for breakfast and 35 for lunch and 30 for supper and 33

units of Lantus at night. I guess what I am saying is that it is not

good for your body to have a constant blood sugar of over 140 and

especially in the 200. So take high blood sugars seriously.

Alo the Prdnisone can make your hair fall out. mine is and I use a

special shampoo that helps it from coming out so much

I also have a hip problem, (I think it is my hip) my family Md

thinks it is a vertabra and a pinched nerve. Doc wanted to do a MRI

but I have no insurance and the place wants $1000 up front and

payment over 3 months period. No way I can afford that so I guess I

will not find out what it is. When the pain gets bad enough I take

Ultrum 50 mg.

connie

Guest guest

now mamma Gail has a FUPA too..Join the club sweety pie..no matter how much weight I lose the darn fupa is still there..sumpthin I got to live with..waaaa..getting old disgracefully but Alive!! Love Ya Pat

(unknown)

For me, it isn't that hard to not smoke, YET! I just stopped 1 day last week. That's not to say that I won't ever smoke again, I just don't want to smoke today! Del is right, at least in my case. I am an addict--hands down! I get obsessive and compulsive over every little thing, and I am an extremeist. If 2 is good, then 4 is great and 6 is awesome! Good news is that I recognize the triggers and signs today and I know what to do to help myself. When I quit the drugs, I substituted alcohol. I realized what was happening a few months into it and so I switched to food and work. Whenever something is going on that I don't want to deal with, I will become a workaholic. My boss recognizes it and won't let me now! I also use food for comfort;

I recognize that too and don't do that much anymore! You're right, Del. Noone can help us but ourselves, when it comes to arresting addictions. I think addiction is horrible and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Good news came today!! The GI called to say that he understood I didn't have the $$ for the biopsy, so he wants to go ahead and do the ultrasound and then start treatments. Ultrasound is set for June 16th. Then we will go from there. I did get a copy of the most recent test done. I am genotype 1a and viral load is over 5 million.

I am happy the ball is rolling and a little scared too. I just have a feeling that everything will be okay. Thanks for your support. I will keep everyone informed of progress.

Talk soon,

Kim

Love cheap thrills? Enjoy PC-to-Phone calls to 30+ countries for just 2¢/min with Messenger with Voice.

Guest guest

whats fupa i forgot. plus does anyone know maybe why i have little tiny white dots on my arms every shot night for two days? conniePat McBride <pmcbride1@...> wrote: now mamma Gail has a FUPA too..Join the club sweety pie..no matter how much weight I lose the darn fupa is still there..sumpthin I got to live with..waaaa..getting old disgracefully but Alive!! Love Ya Pat (unknown) For me, it isn't that hard to not smoke, YET! I just stopped 1 day last week. That's not to say that I won't ever smoke again, I just don't want to smoke today! Del is right, at least in my case. I am an addict--hands down! I get obsessive and compulsive over every little thing, and I am an extremeist. If 2 is good, then 4 is great and 6 is awesome! Good

news is that I recognize the triggers and signs today and I know what to do to help myself. When I quit the drugs, I substituted alcohol. I realized what was happening a few months into it and so I switched to food and work. Whenever something is going on that I don't want to deal with, I will become a workaholic. My boss recognizes it and won't let me now! I also use food for comfort; I recognize that too and don't do that much anymore! You're right, Del. Noone can help us but ourselves, when it comes to arresting addictions. I think addiction is horrible and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Good news came today!! The GI called to say that he understood I didn't have the $$ for the biopsy, so he wants to go ahead and do the ultrasound and then start treatments. Ultrasound is set for June 16th. Then we will go from there. I did get a

copy of the most recent test done. I am genotype 1a and viral load is over 5 million. I am happy the ball is rolling and a little scared too. I just have a feeling that everything will be okay. Thanks for your support. I will keep everyone informed of progress. Talk soon, Kim Love cheap thrills? Enjoy PC-to-Phone calls to 30+ countries for just 2¢/min with Messenger with Voice. The light at the end of the tunnel may be you

Guest guest

Glad to hear about you starting treatment.I quit smoking but now I have to learn to shut my mouth and stop putting food in it.I gained 23 pounds and nothing fits cause its all in the tummy.

Gail

(unknown)

For me, it isn't that hard to not smoke, YET! I just stopped 1 day last week. That's not to say that I won't ever smoke again, I just don't want to smoke today! Del is right, at least in my case. I am an addict--hands down! I get obsessive and compulsive over every little thing, and I am an extremeist. If 2 is good, then 4 is great and 6 is awesome! Good news is that I recognize the triggers and signs today and I know what to do to help myself. When I quit the drugs, I substituted alcohol. I realized what was happening a few months into it and so I switched to food and work. Whenever something is going on that I don't want to deal with, I will become a workaholic. My boss recognizes it and won't let me now! I also use food for comfort;

I recognize that too and don't do that much anymore! You're right, Del. Noone can help us but ourselves, when it comes to arresting addictions. I think addiction is horrible and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Good news came today!! The GI called to say that he understood I didn't have the $$ for the biopsy, so he wants to go ahead and do the ultrasound and then start treatments. Ultrasound is set for June 16th. Then we will go from there. I did get a copy of the most recent test done. I am genotype 1a and viral load is over 5 million.

I am happy the ball is rolling and a little scared too. I just have a feeling that everything will be okay. Thanks for your support. I will keep everyone informed of progress.

Talk soon,

Kim

Love cheap thrills? Enjoy PC-to-Phone calls to 30+ countries for just 2¢/min with Messenger with Voice.

Guest guest

do you think someone might TELL us????? conniegail <gaila@...> wrote: It has been so long since I had any shots I forgot too. Gail (unknown) For me, it isn't that hard to not smoke,

YET! I just stopped 1 day last week. That's not to say that I won't ever smoke again, I just don't want to smoke today! Del is right, at least in my case. I am an addict--hands down! I get obsessive and compulsive over every little thing, and I am an extremeist. If 2 is good, then 4 is great and 6 is awesome! Good news is that I recognize the triggers and signs today and I know what to do to help myself. When I quit the drugs, I substituted alcohol. I realized what was happening a few months into it and so I switched to food and work. Whenever something is going on that I don't want to deal with, I will become a workaholic. My boss recognizes it and won't let me now! I also use food for comfort; I recognize that too and don't do that much anymore! You're right, Del. Noone can help us but ourselves, when it comes to arresting addictions. I think addiction is horrible and I

wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Good news came today!! The GI called to say that he understood I didn't have the $$ for the biopsy, so he wants to go ahead and do the ultrasound and then start treatments. Ultrasound is set for June 16th. Then we will go from there. I did get a copy of the most recent test done. I am genotype 1a and viral load is over 5 million. I am happy the ball is rolling and a little scared too. I just have a feeling that everything will be okay. Thanks for your support. I will keep everyone informed of progress. Talk soon, Kim Love cheap thrills? Enjoy PC-to-Phone calls to 30+ countries for just 2¢/min with

Messenger with Voice. The light at the end of the tunnel may be youThe light at the end of the

tunnel may be you

Guest guest

I hate looking like an old lady that is 5 months pregnant.What does fupa mean?

Gail

(unknown)

Talk soon,

Kim

Guest guest

Same here!! I'm not hungry but I want something...constantly! My really big jeans used to be like the "baggies" kids wear. I literally had to hold them up and I thought I was fat THEN!! Now... Ican barely snap them at the waist. Mine is mostly in the waist as well. I read in a book somewhere, and it may have been the "HINTS FROM HELOISE" book. If you get the indented red line on your belly because the pants myou wore decided to shrink, rub Adolph's Meat Tenderiser on where it itches real bad, and the itching will go away!!! Then place in

a 350* F pre-heated oven for ........hehe. DelPS. Don't do the oven part, just the rubbin' part. Glad to hear about you starting treatment.I quit smoking but now I have to learn to shut my mouth and stop putting food in it.I gained 23 pounds and nothing fits cause its all in the tummy. Gail (unknown) For me, it isn't that hard to not smoke, YET! I just stopped 1 day last week. That's not to say that I won't ever smoke again, I just don't want to smoke today! Del is right, at least in my case. I am an addict--hands down! I get obsessive and compulsive over every little thing, and I am an extremeist. If 2 is good, then 4 is great and 6 is awesome! Good news is that I

recognize the triggers and signs today and I know what to do to help myself. When I quit the drugs, I substituted alcohol. I realized what was happening a few months into it and so I switched to food and work. Whenever something is going on that I don't want to deal with, I will become a workaholic. My boss recognizes it and won't let me now! I also use food for comfort; I recognize that too and don't do that much anymore! You're right, Del. Noone can help us but ourselves, when it comes to arresting addictions. I think addiction is horrible and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Good news came today!! The GI called to say that he understood I didn't have the $$ for the biopsy, so he wants to go ahead and do the ultrasound and then start treatments. Ultrasound is set for June 16th. Then we will go from there. I did get a copy of the most

recent test done. I am genotype 1a and viral load is over 5 million. I am happy the ball is rolling and a little scared too. I just have a feeling that everything will be okay. Thanks for your support. I will keep everyone informed of progress. Talk soon, Kim Love cheap thrills? Enjoy PC-to-Phone calls to 30+ countries for just 2¢/min with Messenger with Voice.

Talk is cheap. Use Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

Guest guest

Maybe it's Feaux-pa?? A mistake. Delconnie mcclain <crochetlady1001@...> wrote: do you think someone might TELL us????? conniegail <gaila@...> wrote: It has been so long since I had any shots I forgot too. Gail (unknown) For me, it isn't that hard to not smoke, YET! I just stopped 1 day last week. That's not to say that I won't ever smoke again, I just don't want to smoke today! Del is right, at least in my case. I am an addict--hands down! I get obsessive and compulsive over every little thing, and I am an extremeist. If 2 is good, then 4 is great and 6 is awesome! Good news is that I recognize the triggers and signs today and I know what to do to help myself. When I quit the drugs, I substituted alcohol. I realized what was happening a

few months into it and so I switched to food and work. Whenever something is going on that I don't want to deal with, I will become a workaholic. My boss recognizes it and won't let me now! I also use food for comfort; I recognize that too and don't do that much anymore! You're right, Del. Noone can help us but ourselves, when it comes to arresting addictions. I think addiction is horrible and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Good news came today!! The GI called to say that he understood I didn't have the $$ for the biopsy, so he wants to go ahead and do the ultrasound and then start treatments. Ultrasound is set for June 16th. Then we will go from there. I did get a copy of the most recent test done. I am genotype 1a and viral load is over 5 million. I am happy the ball is rolling and a little scared

too. I just have a feeling that everything will be okay. Thanks for your support. I will keep everyone informed of progress. Talk soon, Kim Love cheap thrills? Enjoy PC-to-Phone calls to 30+ countries for just 2¢/min with Messenger with Voice. The light at the end of the tunnel may be you The light at the end of the tunnel may be you

Sneak preview the all-new .com. It's not radically different. Just radically better.

Guest guest

It has been so long since I had any shots I forgot too.

Gail

(unknown)

Talk soon,

Kim

The light at the end of the tunnel may be you

Guest guest

im indubitably clueless, but i think it has the word FAT in it?? the mind is a terrible thing to waste. arrgh. connieDel Compton <go_deliman@...> wrote: Maybe it's Feaux-pa?? A mistake. Delconnie mcclain <crochetlady1001@...> wrote: do you think someone might TELL us????? conniegail <gaila@...> wrote: It has been so long since I had any shots I forgot too. Gail (unknown) For me, it isn't that hard to not smoke, YET! I just stopped 1 day last week. That's not to say that I won't ever smoke again, I just don't want to smoke today! Del is right, at least in my case. I am an addict--hands down! I get obsessive and compulsive over every little thing, and I am an extremeist. If 2 is

good, then 4 is great and 6 is awesome! Good news is that I recognize the triggers and signs today and I know what to do to help myself. When I quit the drugs, I substituted alcohol. I realized what was happening a few months into it and so I switched to food and work. Whenever something is going on that I don't want to deal with, I will become a workaholic. My boss recognizes it and won't let me now! I also use food for comfort; I recognize that too and don't do that much anymore! You're right, Del. Noone can help us but ourselves, when it comes to arresting addictions. I think addiction is horrible and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Good news came today!! The GI called to say that he understood I didn't have the $$ for the biopsy, so he wants to go ahead and do the ultrasound and then start treatments. Ultrasound is set for June

16th. Then we will go from there. I did get a copy of the most recent test done. I am genotype 1a and viral load is over 5 million. I am happy the ball is rolling and a little scared too. I just have a feeling that everything will be okay. Thanks for your support. I will keep everyone informed of progress. Talk soon, Kim Love cheap thrills? Enjoy PC-to-Phone calls to 30+ countries for just 2¢/min with Messenger with Voice. The light at the end of the tunnel may be you The light at the end of the tunnel may be you Sneak preview the all-new .com. It's not radically different. Just radically better. The light at the end of the tunnel may be you

Guest guest

same exact crap but hes gonna take me off the riba after the first month cuz of all the previous cancer issues. conniegail <gaila@...> wrote: Hope so.What have they got you on this time Connie? Gail (unknown) For me, it isn't that hard to not smoke, YET! I just stopped 1 day last week. That's not to say that I won't ever smoke again, I just don't want to smoke today! Del is right, at least in my case. I am an addict--hands down! I get obsessive and compulsive over every little thing, and I am an extremeist. If 2 is good, then 4 is great and 6 is awesome! Good news is that I recognize the triggers and signs today and I know what to do to help myself. When I quit the drugs, I substituted alcohol. I realized what was happening a few months into it and so I switched to food and work. Whenever something is

going on that I don't want to deal with, I will become a workaholic. My boss recognizes it and won't let me now! I also use food for comfort; I recognize that too and don't do that much anymore! You're right, Del. Noone can help us but ourselves, when it comes to arresting addictions. I think addiction is horrible and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Good news came today!! The GI called to say that he understood I didn't have the $$ for the biopsy, so he wants to go ahead and do the ultrasound and then start treatments. Ultrasound is set for June 16th. Then we will go from there. I did get a copy of the most recent test done. I am genotype 1a and viral load is over 5 million. I am happy the ball is rolling and a little scared too. I just have a feeling that everything will be okay. Thanks for your

support. I will keep everyone informed of progress. Talk soon, Kim Love cheap thrills? Enjoy PC-to-Phone calls to 30+ countries for just 2¢/min with Messenger with Voice. The light at the end of the tunnel may be you The light at the end of the tunnel may be youThe light at the end of the tunnel may be you

Guest guest

I don't know...You think it's an acronym for something? OH..the white spots...I have them on my hands (back of..) and arms up to the "farmer tan line" on my arms. I thought it was just years of riding in the sun but... I went to a dermatologist and he said it's nothing to worry about. I took that "head in the sand approach" and said OKEE-DOKEE! Mine are like warts kinda' but eventually they turn brown and look like what we used to call Liver Spots. Older people seem to have them alot, and it may be just part of the aging process. They are kinda' gross, as they are bumps as well. But... my skin has worn out, due to lack of applying sun block (which I do now) and general

soap and water care. My face is like a skin disease that leaves blotches of lighter skin around the most damaged part. I embellish how it happened depending on who I'm talking to, if they ask. I ACTUALLY got this way from sun and wind, while on a M/C trip in Colorado. My forehead actually bled, so I guess that would be considered 3rd degree burns. Or....(embellished version,please don't think I'm bad,,I tell the WHOLE story later) I 'll tell a sweet young nature loving girl that I was lost in the Rockies (true) for 'awhile' (let the imagination roam) and was overexposed to the sun, wind, and cold before I found someone to help me (true) So actually what I'm saying is true, I just leave out the motorcycle. Delnie mcclain <crochetlady1001sbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote: im indubitably clueless, but i think it has the word FAT in it?? the mind is a terrible thing to waste. arrgh. connie

New Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC and save big.

Guest guest

Hope so.What have they got you on this time Connie?

Gail

(unknown)

Talk soon,

Kim

Guest guest

Hi ,

My twin boys are apraxic. They will be turning 6 on Aug. 2nd. They, too,

were diagnosed with moderately severe. They have no other complexities. Since

I've began this PROMPT training, it's been amazing. more than

has really been talking. He doesn't have that robotic sound as does

his brother . As for social skills, is very, very outgoing,

whereas is more shy. I also have to older boys 9 and 7. I think

the key is to put them in a regular mainstream sport. My girlfriend who is a

special ed teacher told me this. I've done it and it's great. I have high

hopes for my twins. in particular speaks more and more. In fact,

tonight when I put him to bed I said you better get in bed or I'll shoot you.

He answered me Mommy I shoot you with a machine gun. I couldn't believe it! Of

course we are only teasing as I'm sure you understand. Then just the other day

he said " Daddy's mean, he no buy me candy or

muffins " It was exhilarting! on the other hand is quieter by

nature. He too is coming along but not as quickly. My heart really breaks for

him as he notices the difference between him and his brother. In school

will stick up for himself. If someone takes his glue stick he'll say that's

mine. just lets whoever take it. I say my prayers, I stay on this

website and I also have them in private speech. I hired an advocate and have

gotten 20 hours of services a weel as opposed to one hour a week. I'm going to

mediation to see if I can get them into a speech school here in Elkridge MD. I

also bought an apraxia cd that shows children from very young to teenagers. By

the end of the cd all the children spoke. Some spoke as if they were deaf and

others spoke just like you and me. Who knows. Also, my speech person told me

to get (I can't seem to find the card now, but I'll find it) thru I think it's

train express. Anyway, its songs that

are slower. If you have the child sing along to them, it will get that robotic

sound to go away. I'll keep looking for that card or when I see her (Wed. &

Sat) I'll get it again. In fact, I wanted to place an order, but got so busy

that I absolutely forgot. You nudged my memory, so thanks!

carmillo5 <carmillo5@...> wrote:

Hello! I have learned so much from this group--thanks! I'm hoping

that someone can give me some insight and answers to a few questions

I have. Today, my 4 year old son's SLT told me, on the severity

spectrum of apraxia, she considers him 'moderately severe.' Believe

it or not, that news made my day! I was originally told he was

severe (back in Dec.) so, I'm guessing, he's improving (started

EFA's a little over a month ago). I am just so thrilled by this news

because, as bad as I think it is (I'd say only about 5 to 10 percent

of what he says is understandable), it's not as bad as I originally

thought. Now my question is -- I'm hoping that others w/ older

children, who were also diagnosed w/ 'moderately severe' apraxia,

could tell me how their speech is now (how was it at 5? 8?

teenager??).

My other question is about social skills. Since he cannot talk, he

has become withdrawn from other children. He's a very social boy (at

home w/ his brothers), but when at school, he plays alone. This

breaks my heart. I know he wants to play, but just doesn't know how

to initiate it or communicate w/ his peers. I've been working on

teaching him how to approach a child and simply say 'play?'. But, it

comes out as 'aaaa' so that's not working. Any suggestions of how he

can be included w/ other kids? Ideas for approaching others to play?

What have others done in this same situation?

Thanks so much!!

, mother of , 5, Dom, 4 (w/ apraxia) and Sam, 2

Guest guest

Hi ,

I was wondering what the name of the CD is you described, that has

samples of apraxic children speaking at different ages. Also, I

just have to say, a 9 yr old, a 7 yr old and TWO 6 year olds??!!

I'm impressed!! :)

Kristi

Guest guest

Welcome to the list. The article is apparently from a pharmaceutical

company...Those of us on this list tend to believe that mercury and other toxic

metals play a significant role in causing autism and that safely removing

sources of exposure and body burden makes a big difference. Many on the list

pursue many different approaches: biomedical, OT, ST, diet, etc. How old is

your child, how long ago was he or she diagnosed? What services or

interventions has he or she received? Does he or she have any mercury amalgam

dental fillings? What are your biggest challenges with your child at this time?

S S

Hi I am new to this group. I was reading an article that was saying<BR>

that if they are able to distinguish the cause of Autism they may be<BR>

albe to use medication to alter the implications of the disorder. My<BR>

question is  how exzclty do you think the medication would alter<BR>

children with Autism's characteristics? Would they be able to increase<BR>

social skills and decrease repeatitive behavior?<BR>

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com

The most personalized portal on the Web!

Guest guest

Most of the articles and research I have read...I don't think

medications from pharmaceuticals is going to do it.

Most drugs end up " calming " kids but not fixing or repairing

anything that actually caused the problems or behaviors in the first

place. Most of our society and medical community work on a treat the

symptoms basis. They do not treat the cause of the symptoms.

Symptoms are the bodies " cry for help " . It would be nice if there

were some magic pill...but there isn't. This board can help you

tremendously! According to regular medicine, my children would be on

drugs to " control " their symptoms. But with vitamins, diet, and

chelation they are doing remarkable! Best wishes!

>

> Hi I am new to this group. I was reading an article that was

saying<BR>

> that if they are able to distinguish the cause of Autism they may

be<BR>

> albe to use medication to alter the implications of the disorder.

My<BR>

> question is  how exzclty do you think the medication would

alter<BR>

> children with Autism's characteristics? Would they be able to

increase<BR>

> social skills and decrease repeatitive behavior?<BR>

>

>

> _______________________________________________

> Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com

> The most personalized portal on the Web!

>

Guest guest

It sounds like a reaction to something in her environment or not feeling

well..... is something stressing her???

ann

(unknown)

Amelia (6 with DS) has been potty trained since she was 50 months. My

definition of potty training being cotton underpants at all times with no

accidents. Amelia was kind enough to justify that rather stern definition

out of the blue two months after her fourth birthday. It was a gift.

Suddenly in the past two weeks she has wet her pants three times and pooped

in her pants twice. Why? Does anyone have any info, tips, advice, or

insight on this? I haven't gotten particularly upset (basically said " you

are too old to do this-you know better. " I would be grateful for feedback.

Incidentally, as a result of being in this group Amelia is starting PROMPT

speech therapy in ten days. Never heard of it before then. Thank you all

for your support.

Ann-mom to Amelia and Jake (4)

---------------------------------

Feel free to call! Free PC-to-PC calls. Low rates on PC-to-Phone. Get

Messenger with Voice

Guest guest

It sounds like a reaction to something in her environment or not feeling

well..... is something stressing her???

ann

(unknown)

Amelia (6 with DS) has been potty trained since she was 50 months. My

definition of potty training being cotton underpants at all times with no

accidents. Amelia was kind enough to justify that rather stern definition

out of the blue two months after her fourth birthday. It was a gift.

Suddenly in the past two weeks she has wet her pants three times and pooped

in her pants twice. Why? Does anyone have any info, tips, advice, or

insight on this? I haven't gotten particularly upset (basically said " you

are too old to do this-you know better. " I would be grateful for feedback.

Incidentally, as a result of being in this group Amelia is starting PROMPT

speech therapy in ten days. Never heard of it before then. Thank you all

for your support.

Ann-mom to Amelia and Jake (4)

---------------------------------

Feel free to call! Free PC-to-PC calls. Low rates on PC-to-Phone. Get

Messenger with Voice

Guest guest

Studies have linked autism to childhood or prenatal vaccinations. The

ingredients in vaccinations include mercury, latex, chlorine, DNA from animal

tissue, aborted human fetal tissue, horse blood, live virus's and much more. A

real witch's brew. This material is injected into the bodies of pregnant women

and babies, thus circumventing our natural immune defenses. All this causes

serious illness, including liver dysfunction (leading to heavy metal poisoning

because the liver no longer makes metallothionein, the hormone that detoxes

metals), digestive disorders from the vaccine strain of measles injuring the

digestive tract (leading to malnutrition of the brain), the destruction of

the myelin sheath on the nervous system, brain inflammation, and much more. The

learning and behavior problems of autistic children is biologically-caused

by the damage that the vaccine ingredients do to the body. If you chelate out

the heavy metals, and treat the digestive disorders with dietary measures and

nutritional supplementation, and use natural products that will reverse the

damage done to the immune system, employ hyperbaric oxygen therapy, which

reverses brain cell damage, etc ........ there will be a reversal of the

behavioral and learning problems. Also the virus's themselves need to detoxed

homeopathically out of the body. Little children and pregnant women are not the

only vaccine-injured people ..... research has revealed that many cancers are

vaccine-caused, as well as the degenerative diseases we are seeing: diabetes,

arthritis, lupus, lymes's disease, etc. You can get a lot of info about this

from _www.drcarley.com_ (http://www.drcarley.com) . I hope this info has been

somewhat helpful in answering your question.

Sincerely,

Debby

Hi I am new to this group. I was reading an article that was saying

that if they are able to distinguish the cause of Autism they may be

albe to use medication to alter the implications of the disorder. My

question is how exzclty do you think the medication would alter

children with Autism's characteristics? Would they be able to increase

social skills and decrease repeatitive behavior?

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com

The most personalized portal on the Web!

Guest guest

I tell ya Kristi, I should have been a surrogate mother, I would have been a

millionaire! My husband had to get fixed. Could you believe I'll be 47 in

Sept?? I had my first at 37, my second on 39 and the twins at 40! Just give me

your address (if you prefer my private email - mommiesue@... ) and I'll

just mail it to you. It's short but powerful. Sad and happy at the same time.

Keep the Kleenex close by!

myjunkytrash <myjunkytrash@...> wrote:

Hi ,

I was wondering what the name of the CD is you described, that has

samples of apraxic children speaking at different ages. Also, I

just have to say, a 9 yr old, a 7 yr old and TWO 6 year olds??!!

I'm impressed!! :)

Kristi