Colleen

I was thinking " stress " before you even mentioned it. People's bodies

behave differently when it comes to stress. I remember when we were in

high school my sister used to break out in hives all over whenever she

got nervous. I think she eventually grew out of it but she used to get

so embarassed.

Re: Mineral Makeup

>

> Colleen, have you ever been evaluated for cea?

No. It's not a constant thing. It all depends on the weather/season,

and my mood. LOL! Needless to say that stress tends to cause more

splotches than no stress. :)

Colleen

Handcrafted & Decorative Soaps

http://www.countrymeadowcreations.com

Guest guest

Thanks for letting both Edna and me know that. I hope it works out for

Edna, too. I wish companies would put on their labels what an estimated

shelf life is on products. That's the one thing I always worry about.

Re: Need MP Vanilla Color Stabilizer

I just wanted to put my $.02 in about the stabilizer. LOL!

I have some that I believe is about as old as 's. I never used it

until a few weeks ago. So far so good, no discoloring!

Hope it works out for you!!!

Colleen

Handcrafted & Decorative Soaps

http://www.countrymeadowcreations.com

Guest guest

Colleen, Colleen, Colleen! You are right. Most everything you will read on this wonderful board is extremely positive. How can it not be? Our lives have changed so much as a result of our lapbands that we truly are excited, happy, and very, very positive about our experiences. Does that mean everything is perfect? Well, no. That isn't possible, actually. We all have had various issues that we have had to learn to live with. The hunger during the early weeks after surgery, the cravings that our brains still deal with sometimes on a daily basis...all of these things are sometimes problematic. But, then, we look at the numbers on the scale moving down, we are able to sit in a chair and cross our legs rather than just our ankles, we can walk through turnstyles without turning sideways, we can reach to not only trim but polish our toenails, we can reach down to tie our shoes without

needing an oxygen tank when we sit back up. We can lay on the floor and feel our ribs sticking out further than our stomachs and eventually we can lay on the floor and feel our hip bones sticking out further than our abs. We can move our car seats forward and our stomachs don't touch the steering wheel. We can walk for a good distance without becoming winded. We can play with our children. Our children's arms will wrap all the way around our middles in a wonderful hug. We can make healthier choices when we really focus on what our goals are. We can RUN and CROSS THE FINISH LINE 2 MILES LATER! How can we NOT be positive??? Look, I'm not trying to hide anything at all. It is basically a state of mind. If you want to find negative, it will be there for you. I could talk about the horrible experience I had with one of my fills in Mexico. Was it the doctor's fault?

I honestly don't think so because everything was fine until later that afternoon/evening. I could tell you all about the horrible experience I had getting, not one, but two unfills as a result of that fill that was too tight. In fact, I could harp on the fact that I have been dealing with an infection that has been draining constantly since October as a result of one of those unfills. I could complain about having to go next week to have my port removed for a while until my infection clears up. I could complain that I have to go back again early this summer to have a new port put in. I could. But, I won't. There is no guarantee on anything that you have done. Like I mentioned in a post a couple of weeks ago, I had to have a root canal and a crown put on at one time. Well, 3 years later I had to have that crown replaced because is cracked and came out. I paid $400 for the first crown. I had to pay $600

for the replacement crown. I don't recall anyone saying, "Well, maybe you should have never had that first crown put in." but people automatically want to say I shouldn't have had the band put in since I am now having to have my port removed. How insane is that??? Colleen, I realize I got a little long winded and perhaps it is a little overload for you but you just have to understand where we are all coming from. Our lives have changed so much. You know we used to wake up and not always see the silver lining but now, because we are much lighter on our feet, we wake up, bound out of bed ready to face the day, and we can't help but smile. You too will go through this incredible metamorphasis and then you will understand. Please keep reading and please keep asking questions. That is what this board is for....we are all here to help one another through the tough times but

also to celebrate the joys with each other and those just happen to be much more prevelant! Jenni Currie DOB 2/23/06 247/231/151/145 3 fills 2 unfillscolleenpparker <colleenpparker@...> wrote: Hey, I have been reading this message board for a while nowanticipating my lapband surgery. I am always suspicious wheneverything I read is "oh so positive." Makes me wonder if the badposts are being screened out. Is there anyone out

there that didn'thave a great experience and would like to share with me. I just wantto hear all sides. Colleen

It's here! Your new message!Get

new email alerts with the free Toolbar.

Guest guest

I said it before and I will say it again...you should be a professional motivational speaker! You bring tears to my eyes. (of joy) JMJ Currie <giftedtch@...> wrote: Colleen, Colleen, Colleen! You are right. Most everything you will read on this wonderful board is extremely positive. How can it not be? Our lives have changed so much as a result of our lapbands that we truly are excited, happy, and very, very positive about our

experiences. Does that mean everything is perfect? Well, no. That isn't possible, actually. We all have had various issues that we have had to learn to live with. The hunger during the early weeks after surgery, the cravings that our brains still deal with sometimes on a daily basis...all of these things are sometimes problematic. But, then, we look at the numbers on the scale moving down, we are able to sit in a chair and cross our legs rather than just our ankles, we can walk through turnstyles without turning sideways, we can reach to not only trim but polish our toenails, we can reach down to tie our shoes without needing an oxygen tank when we sit back up. We can lay on the floor and feel our ribs sticking out further than our stomachs and eventually we can lay on the floor and feel our hip bones sticking out further than our abs. We can move our car seats forward and our stomachs don't touch the steering wheel. We

can walk for a good distance without becoming winded. We can play with our children. Our children's arms will wrap all the way around our middles in a wonderful hug. We can make healthier choices when we really focus on what our goals are. We can RUN and CROSS THE FINISH LINE 2 MILES LATER! How can we NOT be positive??? Look, I'm not trying to hide anything at all. It is basically a state of mind. If you want to find negative, it will be there for you. I could talk about the horrible experience I had with one of my fills in Mexico. Was it the doctor's fault? I honestly don't think so because everything was fine until later that afternoon/evening. I could tell you all about the horrible experience I had getting, not one, but two unfills as a result of that fill that was too tight. In fact, I could harp on the fact that I have been dealing with an infection that has

been draining constantly since October as a result of one of those unfills. I could complain about having to go next week to have my port removed for a while until my infection clears up. I could complain that I have to go back again early this summer to have a new port put in. I could. But, I won't. There is no guarantee on anything that you have done. Like I mentioned in a post a couple of weeks ago, I had to have a root canal and a crown put on at one time. Well, 3 years later I had to have that crown replaced because is cracked and came out. I paid $400 for the first crown. I had to pay $600 for the replacement crown. I don't recall anyone saying, "Well, maybe you should have never had that first crown put in." but people automatically want to say I shouldn't have had the band put in since I am now having to have my port removed. How insane is that??? Colleen,

I realize I got a little long winded and perhaps it is a little overload for you but you just have to understand where we are all coming from. Our lives have changed so much. You know we used to wake up and not always see the silver lining but now, because we are much lighter on our feet, we wake up, bound out of bed ready to face the day, and we can't help but smile. You too will go through this incredible metamorphasis and then you will understand. Please keep reading and please keep asking questions. That is what this board is for....we are all here to help one another through the tough times but also to celebrate the joys with each other and those just happen to be much more prevelant! Jenni Currie DOB 2/23/06 247/231/151/145 3 fills 2 unfillscolleenpparker <colleenpparker > wrote: Hey, I have been reading this message board for a while nowanticipating my lapband surgery. I am always suspicious wheneverything I read is "oh so positive." Makes me wonder if the badposts are being screened out. Is there anyone out there that didn'thave a great experience and would like to share with me. I just wantto hear all sides. Colleen It's here! Your new message!Get new email alerts with the free Toolbar.

TV dinner still cooling?Check out "Tonight's Picks" on TV.

Guest guest

Jenni,

Thank you for reminding me of all the great things to come. I just

had my bypass last week and I already feel the difference more energy

and ready to go in the morning, I even wake up before my alarm, that

has not happened in years. I think it would be a great idea for you

to speak at the next bandster reunion; in the meanwhile keep

delighting us with your optimism on this board because we all need it.

Smiles

Rosy

Dob. 03/07/07

257lbs/241lbs goal 125lbs.

> Hey, I have been reading this message board for a while now

> anticipating my lapband surgery. I am always suspicious when

> everything I read is " oh so positive. " Makes me wonder if the bad

> posts are being screened out. Is there anyone out there that didn't

> have a great experience and would like to share with me. I just want

> to hear all sides.

>

> Colleen

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> It's here! Your new message!

> Get new email alerts with the free Toolbar.

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> TV dinner still cooling?

> Check out " Tonight's Picks " on TV.

>

Guest guest

Thank you for your comments. I tell you, I would LOVE to speak. I would love to shout out my happiness from the mountain tops! THAT is how much my life has changed. In my eyes, my band has been nothing short of a miracle in my life. Jennirosy2637 <rosy002@...> wrote: Jenni,Thank you for reminding me of all the great things to come. I just had my bypass last week and I already feel the difference more energy and ready to go in the morning, I even

wake up before my alarm, that has not happened in years. I think it would be a great idea for you to speak at the next bandster reunion; in the meanwhile keep delighting us with your optimism on this board because we all need it.SmilesRosyDob. 03/07/07257lbs/241lbs goal 125lbs.> Hey, I have been reading this message board for a while now>

anticipating my lapband surgery. I am always suspicious when> everything I read is "oh so positive." Makes me wonder if the bad> posts are being screened out. Is there anyone out there that didn't> have a great experience and would like to share with me. I just want> to hear all sides. > > Colleen> > > > > > ---------------------------------> It's here! Your new message!> Get new email alerts with the free Toolbar. > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> TV dinner still cooling?> Check out "Tonight's Picks" on TV.>

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debatein the Answers Food Drink Q&A.

Guest guest

Some people require more fills than others, too, so you can't necessarily judge what you will need based upon anyone elses fill pattern. It sure would be easier if it were an exact science!! lol I am at goal with 1.75ccs. Some people require more, some require less. If I had to do it all over again, I would probably budget for 4 fills when getting my finances in order. Who knows, you may only need 1 or 2 but, then again, it may require more. Keep asking questions. JenniColleen <colleenpparker@...> wrote: JenniThanks for the response. That makes sense to me now. I kept thinking that the goal was to get just the right fill and then you wouldn't need another one but, I can see where losing would make it necessary to get another fill. Thanks again.Colleen Re: Fills/Unfills Colleen, Unfortunately, you are right....it is somewhat an imprecise science. Each individual reacts differently and each individual requires different amounts of saline in his/her band. My first fill was 10 weeks after initial surgery. My second fill wasn't until 5 months later. I have a 4cc band and, at the time of my second fill, I had 2.00ccs in it and that was WAY too much. In fact, I am a tad tight right now and I have only 1.75ccs of saline in my band. There are people with the same size band as I but they have much more saline than I am able to handle. It is so individualized! Now, as far as why you need additional fills as you lose weight, I think I understand it. Think about it. If you wear a ring on your finger and you gain weight, that ring gets tighter, right? Well, what happens as you lose weight? That ring gets loser, right? So

it is with the band. We have the band filled or tightened and as we lose weight, our stomach shrinks, thus, the band is not as tight as it was before. Make sense? One of the things that you need to convince yourself of is that you cannot rely on your band or your fills to do all of the work for you. As you already know, the band is a tool to HELP you as you work to lose weight. This tool will help tremendously if you use it correctly! Keep asking questions and keep in touch! Good luck with your upcoming surgery...you won't regret it one bit! Jenni DOB 2/23/06 247/146/145 4 fills 2 unfills Temporarily Portless :)colleenpparker <colleenpparker> wrote: I'm scheduled

for lapband surgery in May. I have been reading themessage board for a while now and have some questions about fills. I'm not sure I understand. Approximately 5 weeks after surgery, we goin for a fill. Then at some point you may need another fill or thefill may be too much and you need an unfill. It sounds like a prettyimprecise science. My question is, does the fill eventually erodeaway thus causing the need for another fill or do you eventuallystretch it out to where you can get more food through and need ittightened more. Colleen Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell?Check out new cars at Autos. Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell?Check out new cars at Autos.

Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell? Check out

new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

Colleen, If you go to the archives on the message board, do an advanced search for Molly Marshall. She is one of Dr. Aceves bandsters and she lives in NC as well. I believe she has her fills done in NC rather than going back to Mexico and I also believe that she has been very pleased with her fills. When you find her name, send her an email and ask her about her doctor. She posts sometimes but not all that often. Molly, if you are reading this post, help Colleen out if you have a chance. Jenni colleenpparker <pawskitty@...> wrote: I was banded on 24 May and was wondering if there is anyone who hashad the lapband done from North Carolina who has found a fill Doctorthat they like and trust. I know there are a couple of fill doctorson the list but, wondered if anyone had used any of them and what youthought of them. My plan now is to go back to Dr. A but, it is a painto go so far if there is someone here who will do it. I called theonly Doctor here in Raleigh who does Lapband (he is not on the list)and he wants $2000.00 up front if you had it done in Mexico and$400.00 for fills without floro. Obviously this man is in it for themoney. Please let me know if there is anyone out there that has afavorite in NC, Virginia, or Georgia. I can travel that far withouttoo much

hassle.Colleen

Looking for earth-friendly autos? Browse Top Cars by "Green Rating" at Autos' Green Center.

Guest guest

Colleen, There is a Dr in Merryville Tn. Just out of Knoxivlle that does fill but I am not sure about the name. I think once you get set up with him he only charges $150. Shirley J Currie <giftedtch@...> wrote: Colleen, If you go to the archives on the message board, do an advanced search for Molly Marshall. She is one of Dr. Aceves bandsters and she lives in NC as well. I believe she has her fills done in NC rather than going back to Mexico and I

also believe that she has been very pleased with her fills. When you find her name, send her an email and ask her about her doctor. She posts sometimes but not all that often. Molly, if you are reading this post, help Colleen out if you have a chance. Jenni colleenpparker <pawskittygmail> wrote: I was banded on 24 May and was wondering if there is anyone who hashad the lapband done from North Carolina who has found a fill Doctorthat they like and trust. I know there are a couple of fill doctorson the list but, wondered if anyone had used any of them and what youthought of them. My plan now is to go back to Dr. A but, it is a painto go so far if there is someone here who will do it. I called theonly Doctor here in Raleigh who

does Lapband (he is not on the list)and he wants $2000.00 up front if you had it done in Mexico and$400.00 for fills without floro. Obviously this man is in it for themoney. Please let me know if there is anyone out there that has afavorite in NC, Virginia, or Georgia. I can travel that far withouttoo much hassle.Colleen Looking for earth-friendly autos? Browse Top Cars by "Green Rating" at Autos' Green Center.

Don't pick lemons.

See all the new 2007 cars at Autos.

Guest guest

Yup, she's my baby.... if you can call a 19-1/2 yr. old a baby. But at

least I have my " other " baby who IS still little - my granddaughter,

a. I'm going to have to download a picture of her into my photo

folder in our group's site. I just went to see the last time I

downloaded a picture in there and it's been 2-1/2 yrs. I think I'm due

to update her picture in there.

Re: Happy 2008!

> I can't believe my daughter has one semester left.

, Is this your youngest??? OMG, I didn't realize she was in college!

Colleen

http://www.countrym <http://www.countrymeadowcreations.com>

eadowcreations.com

Guest guest

Hi Colleen,

Does your ds have the " bad thoughts " frequently? Is he able to function? I think

the question here is his ability to function at school , home and in the

community, as well as the content of the thoughts.

My dd was diagnosed with intrusive thoughts.like vomitting and " if she didn't

kiss the chair, she would be choked " etc, etc, horrible, but she could function

because it was not constant, and it was manageable.

My ds on the other hand had unbelievable horrific thoughts about seeing burning

bodies and eyes coming out of heads, thoughts of poking himself in the eyes with

a fork , etc, etc,. These types of horrific thoughts must be treated.!! These

cannot be helped with therapy alone!! I hate giving my child meds. but you have

to consider the child's quality of life. These meds can give the child back

their life. You have to weigh it out. Do you want your child living with the

thought of killing you and not being on meds, or put the child on meds and have

him thinking normally?

Hugs

Judy

Guest guest

Hi Colleen,

Does your ds have the " bad thoughts " frequently? Is he able to function? I think

the question here is his ability to function at school , home and in the

community, as well as the content of the thoughts.

My dd was diagnosed with intrusive thoughts.like vomitting and " if she didn't

kiss the chair, she would be choked " etc, etc, horrible, but she could function

because it was not constant, and it was manageable.

My ds on the other hand had unbelievable horrific thoughts about seeing burning

bodies and eyes coming out of heads, thoughts of poking himself in the eyes with

a fork , etc, etc,. These types of horrific thoughts must be treated.!! These

cannot be helped with therapy alone!! I hate giving my child meds. but you have

to consider the child's quality of life. These meds can give the child back

their life. You have to weigh it out. Do you want your child living with the

thought of killing you and not being on meds, or put the child on meds and have

him thinking normally?

Hugs

Judy

Guest guest

Hi Colleen:

Wow 2nd hip replacement at age 12. What an amazing girl you have. Best of luck

to both of you. We will keep you in our prayers.

Beth & Hannah, 14 on Sunday, OA, HMJS, Sever's Disease, asthma, allergiesThe

only disability in life is a bad attitude. ~ Hamilton