RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Update on

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Re: update on

Hi Gail:

is doing much better. A couple med adjustments for now. I am getting back on my meds (slipped a little there).

Tried to log on to the BBS and had to get a new password - still can't get on to the damn thing!!

Tomorrow we should be out on the water if it doesn't get to hot.

Gail

How is doing? I hope all is well or at least better. Everyone please check in every once in a while. Love TURKcharade799@... wrote:

Guest guest

Glad to hear that Gail. Give my regards to him. TURKcharade799@... wrote:

Re: update on

Hi Gail:

is doing much better. A couple med adjustments for now. I am getting back on my meds (slipped a little there).

Tried to log on to the BBS and had to get a new password - still can't get on to the damn thing!!

Gail

How is doing? I hope all is well or at least better. Everyone please check in every once in a while. Love TURKcharade799@... wrote:

Guest guest

Gail glad to hear you guys are doing okay. I bet each day that is able to be out on the boat makes going thru all of this a little less painful.

Hugz to you both,

Gail

M in CA

Guest guest

Well plans change. We will not be on the water tomorrow. We will be at the hospital, but for a good reason. We will be meeting our new granddaughter. Never get tired of doing this, even though the count is somewhere around 20. Mykenzie Lynn came to us at 2:57 PM. She has brown red (yep red again) hair. Weighed in at 10 lbs 5 oz (ya she should start school next week, smile) and 23.25 inches. Big girl. Lungs you can hear accross town!

Gail Re: update on

Hi Gail:

Gail

Guest guest

Congratulations Grandma. I am very happy for you. May she have a HEALTHY, happy and wealthy life. Love TURK. charade799@... wrote:

Well plans change. We will not be on the water tomorrow. We will be at the hospital, but for a good reason. We will be meeting our new granddaughter. Never get tired of doing this, even though the count is somewhere around 20. Mykenzie Lynn came to us at 2:57 PM. She has brown red (yep red again) hair. Weighed in at 10 lbs 5 oz (ya she should start school next week, smile) and 23.25 inches. Big girl. Lungs you can hear accross town!

Gail Re: update on

Hi Gail:

Gail

Guest guest

Congrats!!!!!

Bridget

> Well plans change. We will not be on the water tomorrow. We will be

at the hospital, but for a good reason. We will be meeting our new

granddaughter. Never get tired of doing this, even though the count is

somewhere around 20. Mykenzie Lynn came to us at 2:57 PM. She has

brown red (yep red again) hair. Weighed in at 10 lbs 5 oz (ya she

should start school next week, smile) and 23.25 inches. Big girl.

Lungs you can hear accross town!

Gail

Guest guest

Gail,

Did I see that you are having trouble logging in to the BBS? I can

help. Sent you an email, but haven't heard back.

If I can assist, please email me at:

mike ( " @ " ) solinas ( " dot " ) com replace obvious symbols.

Mike

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hi Mandi Sorry haven't been chattty of late. broke his arm on Boxing day and needs very close supervision and takes longer to relax/destress after school so hands up I have had to resort to the box in the corner for a bit and now neeed to break this routine, will wait until cast comes off hopefully this week. On the medical front we started Dr Heards programme in December - gradually introducing various supplements etc one new one every 3 weeks as in the past I was over eager and 's bowels could not cope. Bowels are a lot better now and poos are actually in potty and not on the walls. Potty is plonked in front of telly for the performance which can be off putting to visitors but we feel progress needs celebrating!! FYI There are no surprises in Dr Heards recommendations but we are gradually introduing the following: Nystatin Biokult SuperNuThera (so far) next Nordic Naturals Epsom Salts MSM L-carnitine When I am ready I have the MB12 injections for 5 weeks - probably after half term to use before use by date. We will be discussing chelation in the future and possible antibiotics for clostridia if probiotics ineffective. is GFCF and yeast free. It is definitely a marathon and not a race. I have submitted new DLA for higher rate and hopefully mobility as well and have been encouraged to apply for direct payments with Social Services for respite which i might try to use for some part time ABA, is at Special School where 70% of kids on the spectrum. I am also active in local start up support group. As for he is very variable brilliant one

day and very difficult the next (really dendant on state of bowels that day) so it is difficult to truely assess the impact of supplements but we just feel we have to have faith and keep trying to level the playing field because the child we have is not the child that was meant to be. I was in denial about the MMR for a long time but we found some old video footage of at 12 months and at 16 months and it is clear that he changed, it was like a slap in the face and I think I am going thro' the anger phase with sways of dispondancy. Sorry this particular update is not uplifting, I'm sure you have all been here before........ But I do value this group and hope to be able to post more once further down the biomed line. Regards

Guest guest

Hi

Poor ! hope his arm gets better soon.

I finally plucked up the courage to look at Tom's old videos a few

months ago and I'm glad I did. Nobody else really knew him at that

age (pre 3) and it's good to see him reading and chatting and remind

ourselves that that little man is probably still in there.

Tom's also going through a very up and down phase. In fact, it's

lucky he's gorgeous because we have gone off him big time - biting,

breaking things (two bowls and a window this week), trashing rooms,

whining etc. He's a bit sniffly which doesn't help him. It's not

always a steady line of improvement, I'd say he's lost some skills

again but we're still plodding on. His guts are now lovely - but

he's back to non verbal again. Talk about swings and roundabouts.

Steph x

>

>

> Hi Mandi

>

> Sorry haven't been chattty of late. broke his arm on Boxing

day and needs very close supervision and takes longer to

relax/destress after school so hands up I have had to resort to the

box in the corner for a bit and now neeed to break this routine,

will wait until cast comes off hopefully this week.

>

> On the medical front we started Dr Heards programme in December -

gradually introducing various supplements etc one new one every 3

weeks as in the past I was over eager and 's bowels could not

cope. Bowels are a lot better now and poos are actually in potty and

not on the walls. Potty is plonked in front of telly for the

performance which can be off putting to visitors but we feel

progress needs celebrating!!

>

> FYI

>

> There are no surprises in Dr Heards recommendations but we are

gradually introduing the following:

>

> Nystatin

> Biokult

> SuperNuThera

> (so far)

> next

> Nordic Naturals

> Epsom Salts

> MSM

> L-carnitine

>

> When I am ready I have the MB12 injections for 5 weeks -

probably after half term to use before use by date.

>

> We will be discussing chelation in the future and possible

antibiotics for clostridia if probiotics ineffective. is GFCF

and yeast free. It is definitely a marathon and not a race.

>

> I have submitted new DLA for higher rate and hopefully mobility

as well and have been encouraged to apply for direct payments with

Social Services for respite which i might try to use for some part

time ABA, is at Special School where 70% of kids on the

spectrum. I am also active in local start up support group.

>

> As for he is very variable brilliant one day and very

difficult the next (really dendant on state of bowels that day) so

it is difficult to truely assess the impact of supplements but we

just feel we have to have faith and keep trying to level the playing

field because the child we have is not the child that was meant to

be. I was in denial about the MMR for a long time but we found some

old video footage of at 12 months and at 16 months and it is

clear that he changed, it was like a slap in the face and I think I

am going thro' the anger phase with sways of dispondancy.

>

> Sorry this particular update is not uplifting, I'm sure you have

all been here before........

>

> But I do value this group and hope to be able to post more once

further down the biomed line.

>

> Regards

>

>

Guest guest

I sympathize with you. I've been spending most of my not-at-work time

sleeping... maybe I need to up my dosage of Paxil.

I'm new here, but it's my understanding there's no obligation to

post. I think everyone here understands that taking care of yourself

takes priority.

Hope you find something to help with the pain!

-Carl

>

>

> Sorry I haven't been online in the pat few days, I hope everyone

is doing

> better than I am- emotionally AND physically. I have been having

problems with

> my back, last Tuesday I was in bed almost all day sleeping, the

pain was so

> bad. Wednesday I went to the doctor, and the nurse practitioner I

saw said

> that becuz of the way I was moving I prob'ly did something to the

back muscles.

> It's better one minute; I'm in excruciating pain the next. So

please forgive

> me if you don't hear from me for a few days. I am also going thru

emotional

> hell right now, and in some ways I have shut down. I am also

needing to catch

> up on homework, and I am needing to get my room cleaned.

>

> hhhuuugggsss love n support

>

>

Guest guest

hope your back feels better soon. i too am going through a bit of my own emotional hell so if you need to talk just email me. evelynbabygirlbear@... wrote: Sorry I haven't been online in the pat few days, I hope everyone is doing better than I am- emotionally AND physically. I have been having problems with my back, last Tuesday I was in bed almost all day sleeping, the pain was so bad. Wednesday I went to the doctor, and the nurse practitioner I saw said that becuz of the way I was moving I prob'ly did something to the back muscles. It's better one minute; I'm in excruciating pain the next. So please forgive me if you don't hear from me for

a few days. I am also going thru emotional hell right now, and in some ways I have shut down. I am also needing to catch up on homework, and I am needing to get my room cleaned. hhhuuugggsss love n support

Relax. virus scanning helps detect nasty viruses!

Guest guest

Hi Tina :)

Just to add to the stories of illness - is off school ill with a temperature (102), sickness, joint pain, headache etc. Half the kids at school are currently down with the bug so its to be expected I guess.

>>>>Same at Sams school

Apart from this curent illness, is continuing to make slow but steady progress.

We started a form of brushing in September which aims to eliminate primative reflexes by stimulating the central nervous system. has a strongly retained aysmmetric tonic neck reflex which affects eye tracking, handwriting, crossing the midline etc. He had real problems with handwriting, and couldn't form the letters - he would go round and round the circle of an 'a' for example whilst trying to suss out how to put the line in! He can now form all letters with easy and is doing nice joined up writing! His reading is also coming on, as has his concentration - from about 5 mins last year up to about 30 mins!!!! Apparently another retained reflex is the 'stimulus reflex' which makes babies turn towards any movement or noise - clearly if this is retained it has aserious impact on attention in the classroom. Another interesting thing has been a test which looks at the pupils of the eyes. We go in a dark room and the consultant shines a light on a wall close to and then moves it closer towards him. looks at me not the light. When we first had the assessment, 's pupils were very opened as you would expect in the dark, but even when he looked at the light (see stimulus reflex comment above!) his pupils stayed wide open and didn't contract as you would expect. Apparently this means he can be on an adreneline rush for alot of the time - which again affects concentration. After the 5 months of brushing to date, can now look at me and doesn't turn towards the light, and now his pupils contract properly, then open up again, then contract - as the Consultant noted, they are very active!

>>This is wonderful - I finally got round to making an appointment with this guy today - we go on 29th March - I told him I wanted an please LOL

As well as the brushing, we have started piracetam which is a 'cognitive enhancer' based on GABA. Our Doctor said it had helped another child with fine motor issues. has been really switched on since we started but its impossible to say whether the improvement come from the piracetam, the brushing, the continued chelation or the MB12.

>>>There have been various discussion on this on a few lists, either seems to help alot or not at all. Interesting. I am gonna get some for me and try it. I did try Vinpocetine years ago before trying it on Sam and got a nasty headache so I never did it. They have got to be around here somewhere....................out of date probably as usual.

We are just over a year into chelation using td_DMPS and are still following the Dr Buttar protocol, but we intend to add biochelate EDTA once things have settled down just to see if lead is still an issue. All the liver, kidney, blood works, minerals etc have remained within safety limits which is reassuring. We test every 10 weeks.

>>>This is good news, we are due testing soon

We have started MB12 every 2 days, we were previously every 3 days and also switched from TMG to DMG after hearing Dr Neubrander at Edinburgh. Language continues to improve and for example now he is ill, he can tell me exactly what is hurting and how he feels about it.

>>>which reminds yet again, I have DMG on my list of things to try third time lucky??

On Friday we were playing a card game called Stealing Bundles and he was winning as usual, I started pretend crying when he stole my bundle yet again and he said - 'Don't worry Mummy you can win next time, then when I smiled at him he exclaimed 'You were just acting weren't you, you're not really sad!' ONE OF THOSE WOW MOMENTS!!!!

>>>At least TRIPLE WOW I think :)

We have also started on LDN since Xmas. got a cold once we got to full dose but has been fine since then, til the flu bug struck yesterday!

Anyway, to summarise a long and waffely update - things going really well, more progress academically last term than in the whole of the previous year, great awareness, concentration, conversation, flexibility. Still a way to go but we are quietly optimistic

>>>Me too (wink)

Mandi x

Guest guest

Hi :)

Sorry haven't been chattty of late. broke his arm on Boxing day and needs very close supervision and takes longer to relax/destress after school so hands up I have had to resort to the box in the corner for a bit and now neeed to break this routine, will wait until cast comes off hopefully this week.

>>>OH such a stressful time - I've been there, Sam broke his leg in 2003, went 3 days before treatmetn as the A & E guy refused to listen to me. Luckily he only had the full leg on for 4 weeks and half leg for an extra one, he was running with the full leg plaster on though after 10 days - arghhhhhhhh

On the medical front we started Dr Heards programme in December - gradually introducing various supplements etc one new one every 3 weeks as in the past I was over eager and 's bowels could not cope. Bowels are a lot better now and poos are actually in potty and not on the walls. Potty is plonked in front of telly for the performance which can be off putting to visitors but we feel progress needs celebrating!!

>>>Absolutely, Sam moved straight from eating it, smearing it and posting in video player to the toilet but man, we celebrated good and proper!!!

FYI

There are no surprises in Dr Heards recommendations but we are gradually introduing the following:

Nystatin

Biokult

SuperNuThera

(so far)

next

Nordic Naturals

Epsom Salts

MSM

L-carnitine

When I am ready I have the MB12 injections for 5 weeks - probably after half term to use before use by date.

We will be discussing chelation in the future and possible antibiotics for clostridia if probiotics ineffective. is GFCF and yeast free. It is definitely a marathon and not a race.

>>>Yep, but once that becomes obvious, because we all start hoping we hit the magic bullett or that there even is one, then you knuckle downm appreciate the little things and keep on keeping on :)

I have submitted new DLA for higher rate and hopefully mobility as well

>>>keep after them and make sure that when you get it you let the tax credits people know if you are able to claim because they go up in line with the DLA. Every little helps

and have been encouraged to apply for direct payments with Social Services for respite which i might try to use for some part time ABA,

>>>Don't tell them thats what you are doing - just call them carers. My direct payments money pays for SALT

is at Special School where 70% of kids on the spectrum. I am also active in local start up support group.

>>>Great work - can we send some Flyers for Treating Autism when we have them printed? At the moment I am printing them and it takes ages cox my dying printer can't cope with more than one sheet of card at a time :(

As for he is very variable brilliant one day and very difficult the next (really dendant on state of bowels that day) so it is difficult to truely assess the impact of supplements but we just feel we have to have faith and keep trying to level the playing field because the child we have is not the child that was meant to be. I was in denial about the MMR for a long time but we found some old video footage of at 12 months and at 16 months and it is clear that he changed, it was like a slap in the face and I think I am going thro' the anger phase with sways of dispondancy.

>>>Oh my, I rember doing that like it was yesterday, seeing my 12 month old looking, smiling, saying his words, blowing raspberries and wondering where the hell he went when I wasn't looking................I think about 18 months after Dx

Sorry this particular update is not uplifting, I'm sure you have all been here before........

But I do value this group and hope to be able to post more once further down the biomed line.

>>Please do, but you can post before that if you just want to whinge, witter and wail - thats what we are here for :)

Mandi x

Guest guest

You too are working through the process of elimination to find the problems

is having. I really do feel for you. We are doing much of the same.

Although has been diagnosed with JRA she has had a seizure disorder for

over six years and now new problems that we can not seem to diagnose. The

waiting for the unknown is the hardest thing to do besides watching your child

in

pain. At least with she is old enough to tell us where she hurts and

describe her pains. I will keep you all in my prayers.

Veri & Jaye 12 poly

Guest guest

The Pediatric Rheumy doctor felt that was in too much pain to have JRA and

had a Pediatric Hematology/Oncology look at him. She too felt that he was too

sick acting to have arthritis so once again another blood test and an ultrasound

was done on him to check for tumors/masses and see if he's showing any signs of

leukemia. His liver and spleen or pancreas were enlarged and he's more anemic

than he was a week ago. The good news is that the test didn't show any signs of

leukemia as of yet but is going to have the bone marrow test on Monday morning

at 9:00. I really don't know at this point what to think but my heart " hurt " .

Never in my wildest dream would I have thought he might have " cancer " . I guess

right now we just have to pray for . Did any of your kids acted sickly but

still had JRA? Well just want to let you know what happened...will give you the

updates on Monday.

veristroud@... wrote: We had our appointment with the endocrinologist

today. He does not think

's problems are thyroid related but did take more blood to be sure he can

completely rule that out. After seeing 's foot purple for nearly a full

day I again called her neurologist to see if there was any chance her seizure

med's could be causing some of her problems. She has been on them for so

long and I just wonder. When he called me back last night he has decided to

wean her off of both of her seizure med's. She has not had a seizure for several

years and he was planning to start weaning her off them in April at our next

appt. any way. So he decided to start now. He does not think these med's are

the cause of her problems but does think it is possible that they could

contribute to the JRA problems. So we begin a fairly rapid decrease in her

meds.

She has been on Depakote for six years and we will take her off in 10 days.

I trust her neurologist completely but it is a bit scary taking her off it

that quickly. As long as she tolerates that well we will then begin to wean

her off of her Keppra. The Ped. office called back today and we do not know

when she will get into the oncologist yet but should know something by Monday.

With all the troubles we have been having they seem to think we should be

able to get in real soon. has had two good days compared to the last

few

weeks. She is still very stiff and sore but her smile is back and she has a

bit more energy then she has for a while. Every little bit is encouraging. I

do ask for prayers for her as she goes off the seizure med's and as we go to

see the oncologist.

Veri & Jaye 12 poly

Guest guest

I am praying that it is not leukemia! Unfortunately there have been many cases

where patients were first diagnosed with JRA and it ends up being leukemia and

vice versa, as strange as it sounds I am praying that it is JRA. Leukemia (acute

lymphoblastic leukemia) however has a 95% cure rate, my prayers are that what

has is not leukemia. Systemic kids can be very sick during a flare in major

amounts of pain, with blood work that looks similar to leukemic kids, so there

is hope that it is JRA. Although the biggest hope of all is that its some fluke

and your little boy will have no chronic disease.

Christene Breda <cjb_0117@...> wrote: The Pediatric Rheumy doctor felt

that was in too much pain to have JRA and had a P ediatric

Hematology/Oncology look at him. She too felt that he was too sick acting to

have arthritis so once again another blood test and an ultrasound was done on

him to check for tumors/masses and see if he's showing any signs of leukemia.

His liver and spleen or pancreas were enlarged and he's more anemic than he was

a week ago. The good news is that the test didn't show any signs of leukemia as

of yet but is going to have the bone marrow test on Monday morning at 9:00. I

really don't know at this point what to think but my heart " hurt " . Never in my

wildest dream would I have thought he might have " cancer " . I guess right now we

just have to pray for . Did any of your kids acted sickly but still had

JRA? Well just want to let you know what happened...will give you the updates

on Monday.

veristroud@... wrote: We had our appointment with the endocrinologist

today. He does not think

's problems are thyroid related but did take more blood to be sure he can

completely rule that out. After seeing 's foot purple for nearly a full

day I again called her neurologist to see if there was any chance her seizure

med's could be causing some of her problems. She has been on them for so

long and I just wonder. When he called me back last night he has decided to

wean her off of both of her seizure med's. She has not had a seizure for several

years and he was planning to start weaning her off them in April at our next

appt. any way. So he decided to start now. He does not think these med's are

the cause of her problems but does think it is possible that they could

contribute to the JRA problems. So we begin a fairly rapid decrease in her

meds.

She has been on Depakote for six years and we will take her off in 10 days.

I trust her neurologist completely but it is a bit scary taking her off it

that quickly. As long as she tolerates that well we will then begin to wean

her off of her Keppra. The Ped. office called back today and we do not know

when she will get into the oncologist yet but should know something by Monday.

With all the troubles we have been having they seem to think we should be

able to get in real soon. has had two good days compared to the last

few

weeks. She is still very stiff and sore but her smile is back and she has a

bit more energy then she has for a while. Every little bit is encouraging. I

do ask for prayers for her as she goes off the seizure med's and as we go to

see the oncologist.

Veri & Jaye 12 poly

Guest guest

I was first dx. with Lukemia maybe... bone marrow test rots... thank

goodness for twilight anesthesia.... than got dx. with Lupus... than they

finally decided it was JRA...

I have seen and heard of very very sick kids with JRA..... especialy

systemic.... and so Im not sure what to say about the 'being to sick' and

'in too much pain' for jra.... in fact, one of my friends was so severely

sick with JRA that she was in and out of the hospital for years and the

doctor that dx. her JRA was a Oncologist whose child died from leukemia.. he

told her parents that systemic JRA was worse.... of course, that was when we

didnt have all the great meds as we do now....

Anyways, hope they figure out what's going on soon, as painlessly as possble

and if it is JRA, treat it aggressively and get the monster it is under

control.

Take care

On 3/3/06, Salvucci <lisa_salvucci@...> wrote:

>

> I am praying that it is not leukemia! Unfortunately there have been many

> cases where patients were first diagnosed with JRA and it ends up being

> leukemia and vice versa, as strange as it sounds I am praying that it is

> JRA. Leukemia (acute lymphoblastic leukemia) however has a 95% cure rate, my

> prayers are that what has is not leukemia. Systemic kids can be very

> sick during a flare in major amounts of pain, with blood work that looks

> similar to leukemic kids, so there is hope that it is JRA. Although the

> biggest hope of all is that its some fluke and your little boy will have no

> chronic disease.

>

> Christene Breda <cjb_0117@...> wrote: The Pediatric Rheumy doctor

> felt that was in too much pain to have JRA and had a P ediatric

> Hematology/Oncology look at him. She too felt that he was too sick acting

> to have arthritis so once again another blood test and an ultrasound was

> done on him to check for tumors/masses and see if he's showing any signs of

> leukemia. His liver and spleen or pancreas were enlarged and he's more

> anemic than he was a week ago. The good news is that the test didn't show

> any signs of leukemia as of yet but is going to have the bone marrow test on

> Monday morning at 9:00. I really don't know at this point what to think but

> my heart " hurt " . Never in my wildest dream would I have thought he might

> have " cancer " . I guess right now we just have to pray for . Did any of

> your kids acted sickly but still had JRA? Well just want to let you know

> what happened...will give you the updates on Monday.

>

>

> veristroud@... wrote: We had our appointment with the endocrinologist

> today. He does not think

> 's problems are thyroid related but did take more blood to be sure

> he can

> completely rule that out. After seeing 's foot purple for nearly a

> full

> day I again called her neurologist to see if there was any chance her

> seizure

> med's could be causing some of her problems. She has been on them for so

> long and I just wonder. When he called me back last night he has decided

> to

> wean her off of both of her seizure med's. She has not had a seizure for

> several

> years and he was planning to start weaning her off them in April at our

> next

> appt. any way. So he decided to start now. He does not think these med's

> are

> the cause of her problems but does think it is possible that they could

> contribute to the JRA problems. So we begin a fairly rapid decrease in

> her meds.

> She has been on Depakote for six years and we will take her off in 10

> days.

> I trust her neurologist completely but it is a bit scary taking her off

> it

> that quickly. As long as she tolerates that well we will then begin to

> wean

> her off of her Keppra. The Ped. office called back today and we do not

> know

> when she will get into the oncologist yet but should know something by

> Monday.

> With all the troubles we have been having they seem to think we should be

>

> able to get in real soon. has had two good days compared to the

> last few

> weeks. She is still very stiff and sore but her smile is back and she has

> a

> bit more energy then she has for a while. Every little bit is

> encouraging. I

> do ask for prayers for her as she goes off the seizure med's and as we go

> to

> see the oncologist.

>

> Veri & Jaye 12 poly

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hi,

will be in our thoughts and prayers that he does not have Leukemia or

any other cancers.

Having a systemic child myself I am amazed at what the ped rheumy said.

My son was 2 and over night went from happy and healthy to not able to

walk.Within days he couldn't feed himself and we had to put him back in diapers

because carrying him was excrutiating.He screamed night and day,even duiring the

part of the day when he didn't have fevers.Besides the joint pain,that is not

always present in the begining ,systemic kids suffer from severe Myalgas.The

softest touch causes severe pain. was so sick we honestly thought he was

going to die.

It is also very common for systemics to have anemia and enlarged organs.They

call it systemic for a reason.

Keep with the oncologist to rule out cancer but you need to find a very

knowledgable ped rheumy,even if you have to drive some distance.Preferably one

at a

large,teaching hospital.

If only all systemics would present like ,the whole kit and kaboodle all

at once within a few days.The type of symptoms that just scream JRA.No

waiting and watching,they just know.

Hugs and prayers

Becki and 7 systemic

Guest guest

Hopefully, it won't be leukemia. Sounds like he's been through a lot

already. I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

~Risa~

Guest guest

I'm expecting a firestorm of replies to the " too much pain to have JRA, "

comment from your ped. rheumy. I can't imagine a ped. rheumy would even

think of uttering those words! Luckily, Sophie hasn't had blinding pain

from her JRA but I do know that many, many families have suffered through

watching their little ones in unimaginable pain. I think I was dumbfounded

when I read your update and it included those statements. I'm interested to

see what other responses you get from this list...

On a different note, is in my thoughts as you continue your search for

the cause of his pain. I truly hope you are spared not only a diagnosis of

any type of childhood cancer but any other chronic illness. However, I do

hope you find an answer to this mystery. During our 10 month search, my

fear was that Sophie's symptoms would stop as suddenly as they had started.

I wanted answers. I was fearful that we might never find any. I'm sure you

feel the same. It is so scary to be out of control when it comes to the

health of our babies!

Again, , you and your family are in my thoughts. Please do keep us

updated on the latest!

Weber :)

Professional Mom to:

Sophie 4 - pauci/panuveitis

Charlie 31 weeks - fussy but oh-so-lovable

On 3/4/06, Risa <combsfam4@...> wrote:

>

> Have the Dr.'s checked his platelet count? Do you know if it's elevated?

>

>

>

Guest guest

Yes, Caitlin was very sick for months (systemic JRA). She had a bone marrow

biopsy done also to ensure that they were not overlooking any cancers. She

had so much going on they weren't sure what it was. That's the thing with

rheumatic diseases, it's hard to differentiate them.

Good luck on Monday. Are they putting under general for it or local?

I will keep and you all in my prayers.

Take care.

Patty

Guest guest

Christene Breda <cjb_0117@...> wrote: The Pediatric Rheumy doctor

> felt that was in too much pain to have JRA and had a P ediatric

> Hematology/Oncology look at him. She too felt that he was too sick acting

> to have arthritis so once again another blood test and an ultrasound was

> done on him to check for tumors/masses and see if he's showing any signs of

> leukemia. His liver and spleen or pancreas were enlarged and he's more

> anemic than he was a week ago. The good news is that the test didn't show

> any signs of leukemia as of yet but is going to have the bone marrow test on

> Monday morning at 9:00. I really don't know at this point what to think but

> my heart " hurt " . Never in my wildest dream would I have thought he might

> have " cancer " . I guess right now we just have to pray for . Did any of

> your kids acted sickly but still had JRA? Well just want to let you know

> what happened...will give you the updates on Monday.

When had his first flare which started this roller coaster, he ended up in

the hospital for 13 days due to his fever being spiked for so long and the rash

and the pain in his knee. They took blood from him everyday all his levels were

spiked or very very low. Now they did an ultra sound on his heart and spleen

and liver and such and also did a bone marrow test. That was alwful to watch

but even though he was asleep I had to be there with him. Anyway it showed

negative. That's when they fig'd it was JRA. He was a very sick little boy and

still gets that way. His pain can make him very very bad. To the point he

doesn't want to move it hurts so bad. So major pain is very possible with JRA.

Good luck with the tests and I hope they come out negative on the bone marrow.

--

Lorilee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ken 47 {PolyRA}

6 {Systemic JRA, Eczema},

Kayla 15 {Healthy Thank God}

18 {Asthma}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guest guest

I'm not sure what the dr could mean by too sick or too much pain to be

JRA. was in 3 different hospitals for a total of 22 days at his

onset. He was origionally hospitalised for pneumonia, but that cleared

fairly quickly, They kept him in because he could not walk, was having

the high spiking fevers, atypical rash, and was anemic. He was anemic

enough to require a whole blood transfusion. He also was tested for

leukemia, but came up negative.

Misty & (7, systemic)

>

> The Pediatric Rheumy doctor felt that was in too much pain to

have JRA and had a Pediatric Hematology/Oncology look at him. She too

felt that he was too sick acting to have arthritis so once again

another blood test and an ultrasound was done on him to check for

tumors/masses and see if he's showing any signs of leukemia. His liver

and spleen or pancreas were enlarged and he's more anemic than he was a

week ago. The good news is that the test didn't show any signs of

leukemia as of yet but is going to have the bone marrow test on Monday

morning at 9:00. I really don't know at this point what to think but

my heart " hurt " . Never in my wildest dream would I have thought he

might have " cancer " . I guess right now we just have to pray for .

Did any of your kids acted sickly but still had JRA? Well just want to

let you know what happened...will give you the updates on Monday.