RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Has anyone tried the Sundise (FZHY) trial.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

ButchNope, never heard of it; but, then again we know why, since it's not on the market yet.However, what do you have to lose by being on the clinical?? Especially the fact that you can't tolerate the interferon. I think it's going to be a good 5 years yet, before any of the other drugs that are coming along, will be even very far into trials. I remember when I was asked to participate in the clinical for these new meds that are just about to be released. I only had 4 hours to decide!! Well, just like I thought, the new meds wouldn't be on the market until 2011. So, I had a 2 year jump on it!! I'm sure grateful that it did happen; because, my liver had slipped into cirrhosis and no one knows what would

have happened if I waited another 2 years.Anyway, I don't know if this will help you with your decision; but, for anything to do with the trial I was on, it was a 12 hr return trip!!! In the beginning, I had a foamy, sleeping bag and pillow in the back of my Explorer. The husband would be with me and many times I needed to get in the back. By about half way through, I could do the trip on my own; but, my mother would threaten to come if no one else did. That trip was away too hard on her. So, although I drove, I'd have someone else with a driver's license with me.There has been two extremely wonderful things that happened with that trial. First of all, I am Hep C free, post 6 months (it ended in Jan 2010). Now, this is going to sound awful; but, because I was on that trial and had so many tests, that's how they found the beginning of the liver cancer. I shiver to think what could have

happened if I was not on the trial!Luv Gloria

Has anyone tried the Sundise (FZHY) trial. My liver doctor asked me to try this new trial because I can not tolerate Interferon. It is a non Interferon herb based drug. It is made from 6 different herbs that the Chinese had been testing for something unrelated, Heart problems I think. They found it was helping to heal scaring of the liver. It was dropping the scores one point and sometimes two. If your liver grade was stage 2 it would drop to stage 1.

The full name of the drug is Fuzheng Huayu (FZHY) but the staff call it Sundise. Sundise is the name of the company who owns the drug and it's easier to pronounce is why the use the name. The trial's are being done by Baylor College of Medicine at the Medical Center in Houston Texas.

I have already been pre-approved, They are just waiting for me to decide if I want too. It is a Phase II randomized, Placebo controlled double blind multi-center study...Boy was that a mouthful.

I would get a liver biopsy before and after trial, Will take 2 pills three a day and of course a lot of blood work. I would go in every 2 weeks for about 6 weeks the every month. The full duration of trial is one year and can quit anytime I want plus would get 50 bucks every time I go in. There are possible side effects like fatigue but all sound fairly harmless but you never know.

I am hoping someone out there has heard of this study and can give me some info good or bad. It is really hard for me to take long drive anymore and Houston is a little over 2 hours each way. It will be hard to pull it off for a year but if it helps me or others it would be worth it. They do not claim to be a cure or a replacement for interferon "yet" but expect improvements to health and liver with few sides.

For anyone interested the contact info to see if they have one in your area is:

St. Luke's Hospital

Advanced Liver Therapies

6620 Main

Suite 1505

Houston TX.77030

832-355-8966

Thanks

Butch

Guest guest

Dear Butch:

I wanted to determine the progress you had experienced last year with Sundise. Did it drop your points? How long did you have to take these herbs?

Thanks,

Lee

Guest fruitloverlady

No, I haven't tried this one yet but it's really helpful that I found your post. Thanks for sharing the info!