RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Test results

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have not read his book, I will get it. We were gluten and

dairy free for the first 10 years of his life, and have done it again recently,

but it didn’t change any of their symptoms.

Donna

iodine [mailto:iodine ] On Behalf Of ladybugsandbees

Sent: Monday, May 31, 2010 9:05 AM

iodine

Subject: Re: Test results

Have you read Dr. Mark Starr's book on Hypothyroidism Type 2?

I suggest you read it. It will answer your questions. You son may

benefit from some desiccated thyroid - not sure if I would go the armour route

since many have issues since reformulation. Dr. Starr addresses when to

treat vs looking at labs. Also issues with gluten and dairy can be a

cause of nocturnal enuresis.

Steph

-----

Original Message -----

iodine

Sent: Monday, May 31, 2010

9:50 AM

Subject: RE: Test

results

Hi Steph!

I have some general questions in

response to your answers. While my children’s levels look llike your children’s

level, mine are full size adults, all of them bigger than me, so shouldn’t they

be measured like adults? Especially my 16 yr old, who is 5’10”, 142lbs., solid

muscle from gymnastics. I am hoping to get him on Armour very soon to see

if that is the cause of his bed wetting. Neither of his frees are in the top

1/3 range, and his TSH is high. We have been on iodine for well over a year, so

shouldn’t our TSH levels have gone back down from the effects of iodine? He has

ADD type symptoms, poor handwriting, struggles with book learning and the bed

wetting. It was encouraging for me to hear how many people on this loop had big

improvements in those areas after their children’s thyroid was treated. After

almost 21 years of bedwetting among 4 children, and this preventing my very

active 16 year old from doing many things, I would really like to see an end to

this!

We have all been on the full iodine

protocol for over a year, including vit D, vit A, lots of celtic salt, we grind

our own grain for cooking, so we have been trying to heal with nutrients first.

How long would I wait until moving to Armour or something else? I think only 1

of my children has any fillings, and it is a white one.

The ranges are all from test I ordered

from healthcheck USA. There is a note under the ferritin info that says:

“Please note reference interval change.”

They must have just recently changed

this. My husband’s ferritin level measured at 316 in the range of 30 – 400.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Donna

My comments are below.

Steph

Test results

My family got testing done after about 1

½ years on the iodine protocol. I can tell how it has helped all of us. Here

are our results:

Donna

Test

Result

Reference

TSH

0.45 – 4.5

Free

T3

2.0 – 4.4 (I feel best at a level of around 4.0 so you

probably need some thyroid meds)

Free

T4

0.82 – 1.77 (This is low

too. Mine is around 1.4)

I have been off Armour for the past 4

months since I ran out and haven’t been back to the doctor. I can tell that I

still need it, as I again have the following symptoms:

Thinning hair, thin eyebrows, low

libido, finger nails more fragil, can’t remember things, like my symptoms. I

know there are more, just can’t think of them. But I feel worse not taking the

iodine than when I don’t have the Armour.

18 yrs old

Test

Result

Reference

TSH

0.45 – 4.5

Free

T3

2.3 – 5.0

Free

T4

0.93 – 1.60

Her levels look like my children's on

thyroid meds. Have you checked iron, ferritin and b12 status on

her? How about Vit D3? It could be something else making her tired.

Thyroid doesn't look too bad.

I was thinking she might be the one with

a low thyroid because she is always cold and tired, but even her frees seem

fine. What do you think?

na 14 yrs old

Test

Result

Reference

TSH

0.45 – 4.5

Free

T3

2.3 – 5.0

Free

T4

0.93 – 1.60

She may be able to be treated with thyroid

supporting nutrients like zinc, vit a, selenium, magnesium, vit c, celtic salt,

iodine. Her frees are a bit low. I would try supplements

first. I never want to run to thyroid meds before trying to heal the body

first. Does she have amalgam fillings? That can be part of the

problem if she does.

I think na’s frees are too low, but

not sure I can convince the doctor. This is my always hot daughter! But she has

chronic stuffiness that we have been unable to solve with sinus rinses, NAET

treatment, liver cleanse, natural allergy treatment. Making me crazy!

Caleb 16 yrs old

Test

Result

Reference

TSH

0.45 – 4.5

Free

T3

2.3 – 5.0

Free

T4

0.93 – 1.60

Ferritin

30 – 400

Iron

40 – 155

Hemoglobin

11.7 – 15.0

Hematocrit

34.8 – 43.5

Neutrophils

40 – 70

Lymphs

20 – 47

Eos

0.0 - .04

I did a CBC panel on him, because we are

going to the doctor to work on bed wetting. I am somewhat hopeful that now

seeing his thyroid is low, that Armour would help, since it has other’s

children. I was surprised by the low ferritin and low neutrophils. The low

neutrophils can indicate a B12/folic acid deficiency, so will work on that, and

have to review what to do for ferritin, iron seems ok.

His thyroid levels look OK - again they are

like my children who are treated with thyroid hormones. Ranges for

children are quite high. Not sure why. Ferritin is normally good

between 50-60. Your range goes really high too. Iron is good.

If you are concerned try adding a B6 complex - this helps with iron

issues. B12 deficiencies are common in children / adolescents

becuase thier growth utilizes more iron and b12.

My husbands tests were very good, did

the CBC and thyroid. His thyroid is great only concerns are:

low neutrophils – 1.7 reference

1.8 – 7.

low vitamin D – 29.5, reference

32.0 – 100.0

His vit D does need to be boosted.

50-70 is the target. Does he spend time outside? That will help him

if he does as we are coming into the summer months.

He has had cellulitis twice in his left

foot, and we want to prevent another round. He has been taking 4000 – 5000 iu

most everyday for the past year+, so this low level concerns me. Will up his

magnesium, and can’t remember what the other thing to help absorbtion of vit D

is. I will have to work on B12/folic adic for him also.

We all did month long liver cleanses in

March also.

Any thoughts, ideas?

Thanks!

Donna in IL

Guest guest

It takes 6 weeks to heal 50% of the gut and then another year to heal the rest.

Steph

Test results

My family got testing done after about 1 ½ years on the iodine protocol. I can tell how it has helped all of us. Here are our results:

Donna

Test Result Reference

TSH 9.93 0.45 – 4.5

Free T3 2.8 2.0 – 4.4 (I feel best at a level of around 4.0 so you probably need some thyroid meds)

Free T4 1.03 0.82 – 1.77 (This is low too. Mine is around 1.4)

I have been off Armour for the past 4 months since I ran out and haven’t been back to the doctor. I can tell that I still need it, as I again have the following symptoms:

Thinning hair, thin eyebrows, low libido, finger nails more fragil, can’t remember things, like my symptoms. I know there are more, just can’t think of them. But I feel worse not taking the iodine than when I don’t have the Armour.

18 yrs old

Test Result Reference

TSH 3.18 0.45 – 4.5

Free T3 3.4 2.3 – 5.0

Free T4 1.4 0.93 – 1.60

Her levels look like my children's on thyroid meds. Have you checked iron, ferritin and b12 status on her? How about Vit D3? It could be something else making her tired. Thyroid doesn't look too bad.

I was thinking she might be the one with a low thyroid because she is always cold and tired, but even her frees seem fine. What do you think?

na 14 yrs old

Test Result Reference

TSH 2.49 0.45 – 4.5

Free T3 2.8 2.3 – 5.0

Free T4 1.23 0.93 – 1.60

She may be able to be treated with thyroid supporting nutrients like zinc, vit a, selenium, magnesium, vit c, celtic salt, iodine. Her frees are a bit low. I would try supplements first. I never want to run to thyroid meds before trying to heal the body first. Does she have amalgam fillings? That can be part of the problem if she does.

I think na’s frees are too low, but not sure I can convince the doctor. This is my always hot daughter! But she has chronic stuffiness that we have been unable to solve with sinus rinses, NAET treatment, liver cleanse, natural allergy treatment. Making me crazy!

Caleb 16 yrs old

Test Result Reference

TSH 5.06 0.45 – 4.5

Free T3 3.7 2.3 – 5.0

Free T4 1.32 0.93 – 1.60

Ferritin 54 30 – 400

Iron 110 40 – 155

Hemoglobin 15.2 11.7 – 15.0

Hematocrit 44.0 34.8 – 43.5

Neutrophils 27 40 – 70

Lymphs 51 20 – 47

Eos 0.5 0.0 - .04

I did a CBC panel on him, because we are going to the doctor to work on bed wetting. I am somewhat hopeful that now seeing his thyroid is low, that Armour would help, since it has other’s children. I was surprised by the low ferritin and low neutrophils. The low neutrophils can indicate a B12/folic acid deficiency, so will work on that, and have to review what to do for ferritin, iron seems ok.

His thyroid levels look OK - again they are like my children who are treated with thyroid hormones. Ranges for children are quite high. Not sure why. Ferritin is normally good between 50-60. Your range goes really high too. Iron is good. If you are concerned try adding a B6 complex - this helps with iron issues. B12 deficiencies are common in children / adolescents becuase thier growth utilizes more iron and b12.

My husbands tests were very good, did the CBC and thyroid. His thyroid is great only concerns are:

low neutrophils – 1.7 reference 1.8 – 7.

low vitamin D – 29.5, reference 32.0 – 100.0

His vit D does need to be boosted. 50-70 is the target. Does he spend time outside? That will help him if he does as we are coming into the summer months.

He has had cellulitis twice in his left foot, and we want to prevent another round. He has been taking 4000 – 5000 iu most everyday for the past year+, so this low level concerns me. Will up his magnesium, and can’t remember what the other thing to help absorbtion of vit D is. I will have to work on B12/folic adic for him also.

We all did month long liver cleanses in March also.

Any thoughts, ideas?

Thanks!

Donna in IL

Guest guest

Speaking of armours reformulation; I have heard that Naturethroid ,after its hiatus, is now reformulated with the same cellulose that armour used, anyone know if this is true? I have some that I will start using soon and have heard its best to chew it up instead of using it sublingually. Anyone started using the recent Naturethroid yet and noticed this? Thanks, Kathleen

Test results

My family got testing done after about 1 ½ years on the iodine protocol. I can tell how it has helped all of us. Here are our results:

Donna

Test Result Reference

TSH 9.93 0.45 - 4.5

Free T3 2.8 2.0 - 4.4 (I feel best at a level of around 4.0 so you probably need some thyroid meds)

Free T4 1.03 0.82 - 1.77 (This is low too. Mine is around 1.4)

I have been off Armour for the past 4 months since I ran out and haven't been back to the doctor. I can tell that I still need it, as I again have the following symptoms:

Thinning hair, thin eyebrows, low libido, finger nails more fragil, can't remember things, like my symptoms. I know there are more, just can't think of them. But I feel worse not taking the iodine than when I don't have the Armour.

18 yrs old

Test Result Reference

TSH 3.18 0.45 - 4.5

Free T3 3.4 2.3 - 5.0

Free T4 1.4 0.93 - 1.60

Her levels look like my children's on thyroid meds. Have you checked iron, ferritin and b12 status on her? How about Vit D3? It could be something else making her tired. Thyroid doesn't look too bad.

I was thinking she might be the one with a low thyroid because she is always cold and tired, but even her frees seem fine. What do you think?

na 14 yrs old

Test Result Reference

TSH 2.49 0.45 - 4.5

Free T3 2.8 2.3 - 5.0

Free T4 1.23 0.93 - 1.60

She may be able to be treated with thyroid supporting nutrients like zinc, vit a, selenium, magnesium, vit c, celtic salt, iodine. Her frees are a bit low. I would try supplements first. I never want to run to thyroid meds before trying to heal the body first. Does she have amalgam fillings? That can be part of the problem if she does.

I think na's frees are too low, but not sure I can convince the doctor. This is my always hot daughter! But she has chronic stuffiness that we have been unable to solve with sinus rinses, NAET treatment, liver cleanse, natural allergy treatment. Making me crazy!

Caleb 16 yrs old

Test Result Reference

TSH 5.06 0.45 - 4.5

Free T3 3.7 2.3 - 5.0

Free T4 1.32 0.93 - 1.60

Ferritin 54 30 - 400

Iron 110 40 - 155

Hemoglobin 15.2 11.7 - 15.0

Hematocrit 44.0 34.8 - 43.5

Neutrophils 27 40 - 70

Lymphs 51 20 - 47

Eos 0.5 0.0 - .04

I did a CBC panel on him, because we are going to the doctor to work on bed wetting. I am somewhat hopeful that now seeing his thyroid is low, that Armour would help, since it has other's children. I was surprised by the low ferritin and low neutrophils. The low neutrophils can indicate a B12/folic acid deficiency, so will work on that, and have to review what to do for ferritin, iron seems ok.

His thyroid levels look OK - again they are like my children who are treated with thyroid hormones. Ranges for children are quite high. Not sure why. Ferritin is normally good between 50-60. Your range goes really high too. Iron is good. If you are concerned try adding a B6 complex - this helps with iron issues. B12 deficiencies are common in children / adolescents becuase thier growth utilizes more iron and b12.

My husbands tests were very good, did the CBC and thyroid. His thyroid is great only concerns are:

low neutrophils - 1.7 reference 1.8 - 7.

low vitamin D - 29.5, reference 32.0 - 100.0

His vit D does need to be boosted. 50-70 is the target. Does he spend time outside? That will help him if he does as we are coming into the summer months.

He has had cellulitis twice in his left foot, and we want to prevent another round. He has been taking 4000 - 5000 iu most everyday for the past year+, so this low level concerns me. Will up his magnesium, and can't remember what the other thing to help absorbtion of vit D is. I will have to work on B12/folic adic for him also.

Any thoughts, ideas?

Thanks!

Donna in IL

Guest guest

the new formula of NT works better for me. Here is the comparison I put together:

NATURETHROID and WESTHROID are by RLC Labs (for­merly Wes­tern Research Labs) and iden­ti­cal. (Westh­roid used to con­tain corns­tarch). Both are con­sis­tently good pro­ducts. Ingre­dients are:

Por­cine Thy­roid Pow­der, U.S. Phar­ma­co­peia (USP)

Mic­rocrys­ta­lline Cellu­lose (synthe­tic fiber base to pro­vide volume & bulk)

Dical­cium Phosphate (from mined ore, holds tablet together)

Sodium Starch Gly­co­late (synthe­ti­cally deri­ved from starch mole­cule; aids in disin­te­gra­tion in stomach)

Mag­ne­sium Stea­rate (Deri­ved from a vege­ta­ble source like palm oil; lubri­ca­ting agent for tablet com­press).

Stea­ric Acid (from vege­ta­ble source – typi­cally palm oil; holds ingre­dients together).

Car­nauba Wax (from pores of lea­ves of Bra­zi­lian wax palm tree; pro­vi­des com­plete seal of tablet)

Pol­yethy­lene Gly­col (PEG) (synthe­tic; used with Hydroxy­propyl Methyl­ce­llu­lose for clear coating)

Colloi­dal Sili­con Dio­xide (from mined ore: natu­ral desic­cant to pro­tect from mois­ture and humidity)

Lac­tose Monohy­drate (tra­cea­ble amount as part of desic­ca­ted thy­roid pow­der USP)

Note: Naturethroid/Westhroid chan­ged in early 2010. Where there used to be methyl­ce­llu­lose, RLC chan­ged it to mic­ro­ce­llu­lose. The typi­cal smell of desic­ca­ted thy­roid is less intense. The tablets are now stam­ped with RLC on one side, and N over 1 on the other, whe­reas before you’d see just NT1 or a refe­rence to the fact that Time Caps Labs (TCL) used to make Natu­reth­roid for RLC Labs. Cal­cium filler has moved up from 16 mg to 17 mg. RLC sta­tes the old con­tai­ned Mag­ne­sium, Potas­sium, and Sodium (each at less than 1 mg), whe­reas in the new, potas­sium is now removed.

It is posted on stopthethryoidmadness.com http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/armour-vs-other-brands/

Test results

Donna

Test Result Reference

TSH 9.93 0.45 - 4.5

Free T3 2.8 2.0 - 4.4 (I feel best at a level of around 4.0 so you probably need some thyroid meds)

I have been off Armour for the past 4 months since I ran out and haven't been back to the doctor. I can tell that I still need it, as I again have the following symptoms:

Thinning hair, thin eyebrows, low libido, finger nails more fragil, can't remember things, like my symptoms. I know there are more, just can't think of them. But I feel worse not taking the iodine than when I don't have the Armour.

18 yrs old

Test Result Reference

TSH 3.18 0.45 - 4.5

Free T3 3.4 2.3 - 5.0

Free T4 1.4 0.93 - 1.60

na 14 yrs old

Test Result Reference

TSH 2.49 0.45 - 4.5

Free T3 2.8 2.3 - 5.0

Free T4 1.23 0.93 - 1.60

I think na's frees are too low, but not sure I can convince the doctor. This is my always hot daughter! But she has chronic stuffiness that we have been unable to solve with sinus rinses, NAET treatment, liver cleanse, natural allergy treatment. Making me crazy!

Caleb 16 yrs old

Test Result Reference

TSH 5.06 0.45 - 4.5

Free T3 3.7 2.3 - 5.0

Free T4 1.32 0.93 - 1.60

Ferritin 54 30 - 400

Iron 110 40 - 155

Neutrophils 27 40 - 70

Lymphs 51 20 - 47

Eos 0.5 0.0 - .04

I did a CBC panel on him, because we are going to the doctor to work on bed wetting. I am somewhat hopeful that now seeing his thyroid is low, that Armour would help, since it has other's children. I was surprised by the low ferritin and low neutrophils. The low neutrophils can indicate a B12/folic acid deficiency, so will work on that, and have to review what to do for ferritin, iron seems ok.

He has had cellulitis twice in his left foot, and we want to prevent another round. He has been taking 4000 - 5000 iu most everyday for the past year+, so this low level concerns me. Will up his magnesium, and can't remember what the other thing to help absorbtion of vit D is. I will have to work on B12/folic adic for him also.

Any thoughts, ideas?

Thanks!

Donna in IL

Guest guest

, thanks for posting this! Do you still take it sublingually? Kathleen

Test results

Donna

Test Result Reference

TSH 9.93 0.45 - 4.5

18 yrs old

Test Result Reference

TSH 3.18 0.45 - 4.5

Free T3 3.4 2.3 - 5.0

Free T4 1.4 0.93 - 1.60

na 14 yrs old

Test Result Reference

TSH 2.49 0.45 - 4.5

Free T3 2.8 2.3 - 5.0

Free T4 1.23 0.93 - 1.60

Caleb 16 yrs old

Test Result Reference

TSH 5.06 0.45 - 4.5

Free T3 3.7 2.3 - 5.0

Free T4 1.32 0.93 - 1.60

Ferritin 54 30 - 400

Iron 110 40 - 155

Neutrophils 27 40 - 70

Lymphs 51 20 - 47

Eos 0.5 0.0 - .04

Any thoughts, ideas?

Thanks!

Donna in IL

Guest guest

Nope - I just swallow it now.

Steph

Test results

Donna

Test Result Reference

TSH 9.93 0.45 - 4.5

18 yrs old

Test Result Reference

TSH 3.18 0.45 - 4.5

Free T3 3.4 2.3 - 5.0

Free T4 1.4 0.93 - 1.60

na 14 yrs old

Test Result Reference

TSH 2.49 0.45 - 4.5

Free T3 2.8 2.3 - 5.0

Free T4 1.23 0.93 - 1.60

Caleb 16 yrs old

Test Result Reference

TSH 5.06 0.45 - 4.5

Free T3 3.7 2.3 - 5.0

Free T4 1.32 0.93 - 1.60

Ferritin 54 30 - 400

Iron 110 40 - 155

Neutrophils 27 40 - 70

Lymphs 51 20 - 47

Eos 0.5 0.0 - .04

Any thoughts, ideas?

Thanks!

Donna in IL

Guest guest

Hi Donna,

After reading the book, Folk Medicine by Dr. Jarvis, I have started taking apple

cider vinegar and honey in water as a digestive aid. I have noticed a

remarkable change in my energy level as well as my outlook on life. The calcium

deposits have dissolved from my teeth and I'm not exhausted after working hard

in the garden. You might want to buy this book. At any rate, it wouldn't hurt

to try the tonic.

Jarvis explains how honey helps with bed wetting:

" One of the uses to which the moisture-attracting ability of honey can be put is

to attract and hold the fluid in the child's body during the hours of sleep, so

that bed-wetting does not take place.

At bedtime give the child a teaspoonful of honey. It will act in two ways.

First, it will act as a sedative to the nervous system. Second, as has been

said, it will attract and hold fluid during the hours of sleeping. In

attracting and holding the fluid it spares the kidneys. "

2 tsp apple cider vinegar (raw)

2 tsp raw honey

1 cup water or juice

sip while eating.

www.jcrows.com

Joan

>

> Hi Steph!

> I have some general questions in response to your answers. While my children's

levels look llike your children's level, mine are full size adults, all of them

bigger than me, so shouldn't they be measured like adults? Especially my 16 yr

old, who is 5'10 " , 142lbs., solid muscle from gymnastics. I am hoping to get him

on Armour very soon to see if that is the cause of his bed wetting. Neither of

his frees are in the top 1/3 range, and his TSH is high. We have been on iodine

for well over a year, so shouldn't our TSH levels have gone back down from the

effects of iodine? He has ADD type symptoms, poor handwriting, struggles with

book learning and the bed wetting. It was encouraging for me to hear how many

people on this loop had big improvements in those areas after their children's

thyroid was treated. After almost 21 years of bedwetting among 4 children, and

this preventing my very active 16 year old from doing many things, I would

really like to see an end to this!

>

> We have all been on the full iodine protocol for over a year, including vit D,

vit A, lots of celtic salt, we grind our own grain for cooking, so we have been

trying to heal with nutrients first. How long would I wait until moving to

Armour or something else? I think only 1 of my children has any fillings, and it

is a white one.

>

> The ranges are all from test I ordered from healthcheck USA. There is a note

under the ferritin info that says: " Please note reference interval change. "

> They must have just recently changed this. My husband's ferritin level

measured at 316 in the range of 30 - 400.

>

> Thanks for your thoughts!

>

> Donna

>

> My comments are below.

>

> Steph

>

>

> Test results

>

>

> My family got testing done after about 1 ½ years on the iodine protocol. I can

tell how it has helped all of us. Here are our results:

> Donna

> Test Result Reference

> TSH 9.93 0.45 - 4.5

> Free T3 2.8 2.0 - 4.4 (I feel best

at a level of around 4.0 so you probably need some thyroid meds)

> Free T4 1.03 0.82 - 1.77 (This is low

too. Mine is around 1.4)

> I have been off Armour for the past 4 months since I ran out and haven't been

back to the doctor. I can tell that I still need it, as I again have the

following symptoms:

> Thinning hair, thin eyebrows, low libido, finger nails more fragil, can't

remember things, like my symptoms. I know there are more, just can't think of

them. But I feel worse not taking the iodine than when I don't have the Armour.

> 18 yrs old

> Test Result Reference

> TSH 3.18 0.45 - 4.5

> Free T3 3.4 2.3 - 5.0

> Free T4 1.4 0.93 - 1.60

> Her levels look like my children's on thyroid meds. Have you checked iron,

ferritin and b12 status on her? How about Vit D3? It could be something else

making her tired. Thyroid doesn't look too bad.

> I was thinking she might be the one with a low thyroid because she is always

cold and tired, but even her frees seem fine. What do you think?

> na 14 yrs old

> Test Result Reference

> TSH 2.49 0.45 - 4.5

> Free T3 2.8 2.3 - 5.0

> Free T4 1.23 0.93 - 1.60

> She may be able to be treated with thyroid supporting nutrients like zinc, vit

a, selenium, magnesium, vit c, celtic salt, iodine. Her frees are a bit low. I

would try supplements first. I never want to run to thyroid meds before trying

to heal the body first. Does she have amalgam fillings? That can be part of

the problem if she does.

> I think na's frees are too low, but not sure I can convince the doctor.

This is my always hot daughter! But she has chronic stuffiness that we have been

unable to solve with sinus rinses, NAET treatment, liver cleanse, natural

allergy treatment. Making me crazy!

> Caleb 16 yrs old

> Test Result Reference

> TSH 5.06 0.45 - 4.5

> Free T3 3.7 2.3 - 5.0

> Free T4 1.32 0.93 - 1.60

> Ferritin 54 30 - 400

> Iron 110 40 - 155

> Hemoglobin 15.2 11.7 - 15.0

> Hematocrit 44.0 34.8 - 43.5

> Neutrophils 27 40 - 70

> Lymphs 51 20 - 47

> Eos 0.5 0.0 - .04

> I did a CBC panel on him, because we are going to the doctor to work on bed

wetting. I am somewhat hopeful that now seeing his thyroid is low, that Armour

would help, since it has other's children. I was surprised by the low ferritin

and low neutrophils. The low neutrophils can indicate a B12/folic acid

deficiency, so will work on that, and have to review what to do for ferritin,

iron seems ok.

> His thyroid levels look OK - again they are like my children who are treated

with thyroid hormones. Ranges for children are quite high. Not sure why.

Ferritin is normally good between 50-60. Your range goes really high too. Iron

is good. If you are concerned try adding a B6 complex - this helps with iron

issues. B12 deficiencies are common in children / adolescents becuase thier

growth utilizes more iron and b12.

> My husbands tests were very good, did the CBC and thyroid. His thyroid is

great only concerns are:

> low neutrophils - 1.7 reference 1.8 - 7.

> low vitamin D - 29.5, reference 32.0 - 100.0

> His vit D does need to be boosted. 50-70 is the target. Does he spend time

outside? That will help him if he does as we are coming into the summer months.

> He has had cellulitis twice in his left foot, and we want to prevent another

round. He has been taking 4000 - 5000 iu most everyday for the past year+, so

this low level concerns me. Will up his magnesium, and can't remember what the

other thing to help absorbtion of vit D is. I will have to work on B12/folic

adic for him also.

> We all did month long liver cleanses in March also.

> Any thoughts, ideas?

> Thanks!

> Donna in IL

>

> ________________________________

>

Guest guest

Hey there, I read at the Stop The thyroid Madness Website that some folks find

that the new Armour seems to work better if they crush it or chew it before

swallowing... fwiw, j

-------------------------

> Nope - I just swallow it now. Steph

>

Do you still take it sublingually? Kathleen

>

Guest guest

Hi Janet, cortisol output follows a circadian rhythm so you need the time of day the bloods were taken to have an idea how things are. higherst at 9am- that don't seem to have noticed the time when making that comment. Do you have the ranges?This is the reason that salivary cortisol is more easily read as it takes four samples during the day which shows more clearly how you are doing rather than one snapshot. Definitely get some D3 > thyroid treatment > From: jwalk406@...> Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 20:00:35 +0000> Subject: Test Results> > Hi, > I obtained copies of my test results from appt at Endo Clinic (now referred back to my GP). Each of the results below had the comment 'Disparate Normal Range : No Normal Range'> > > Vit D 41nmol/L (ref <40 deficient; 40-70 Insufficient; 70-150 replete)> > Serum B12 325 ng/l (Ref 160 - 800)> > Cortisol (Synth Test)> 9.00am - 264 nmol/l> 9.30am - 853 nmol/l> 10.00am - 915 nmol/l> > Their recommendation was to supplement Vit D, but I would welcome comment on the other results and what does the lab comment 'Disparate Normal Range : No Normal Range' actually mean?> > Many thanks> > Janet> > > > > ------------------------------------> > TPA is not medically qualified. Consult with a qualified medical practitioner before changing medication.> >

Guest guest

Hi . It is your GP who isn't normal not you, get back to that quack

and inform him of the TSH ref range, 0.5-10. (It is usually people within these

so called 'normal' ranges that cannot obtain treatment despite having all the

signs and symptoms of hypothroidism). Take someone with you this time for

support, good luck. Love Ina

------------------

Guest guest

My e-mail did not look like the one below when I sent it, I will try again

Component: T4 Free

Your Value: 0.07

Standard Rang: 0.07 - 1.5

Units: ng/dL

Component: TSH

Your Value: 1.26

Standard Range: 0.35 - 4.94

Units: uIU/mL

Sorry for how confusing the other e-mail was.

Thanks Again,

Dena

Guest guest

Dena,

We still may not have all the information. If you are NOT taking thyroid

medications, and you have hypoT symptoms, then the FT4 being at the bottom of

the range is significant. You could have a globulin/albumin binding problem. To

really assess this one possibility we need to know Total T4, too.

If the earlier 0.7 value was correct, then these tests alone do not suggest

anything is wrong. You might want to do an entire thyroid panel, especially

including FT3.

It is quite possible to have something wrong with the thyroid with TSH in the

middle of the range. However, most doctors will probably start looking for some

other cause with this type of result.

Chuck

>

> Component: T4 Free

>

> Your Value: 0.07

>

> Standard Rang: 0.07 - 1.5

>

> Units: ng/dL

>

>

>

> Component: TSH

>

> Your Value: 1.26

>

> Standard Range: 0.35 - 4.94

>

> Units: uIU/mL

>

> Sorry for how confusing the other e-mail was.

>

> Thanks Again,

>

> Dena

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hi,

I am not on any thyroid medications at all. I do have a physical coming up on

Monday. What tests should I ask my Dr to order ? Thanks again for everyones

suggestions, I am feeling hopeful that I may actually have a chance to be able

to feel like I can be part of humanity tomorrow.

Dena

Rick & Dena Gustaf

Trinity Boer Goats

www.trinityboergoats.com

maraul@...

Maraul Bulldogs

www.maraulbulldogs.com

maraul@...

Behalf Of gumboyaya@...

Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2011 3:38 PM

hypothyroidism

Subject: Re: Test results

Dena,

We still may not have all the information. If you are NOT taking thyroid

medications, and you have hypoT symptoms, then the FT4 being at the bottom of

the range is significant. You could have a globulin/albumin binding problem. To

really assess this one possibility we need to know Total T4, too.

If the earlier 0.7 value was correct, then these tests alone do not suggest

anything is wrong. You might want to do an entire thyroid panel, especially

including FT3.

It is quite possible to have something wrong with the thyroid with TSH in the

middle of the range. However, most doctors will probably start looking for some

other cause with this type of result.

Chuck

>

> Component: T4 Free

>

> Your Value: 0.07

>

> Standard Rang: 0.07 - 1.5

>

> Units: ng/dL

>

>

>

> Component: TSH

>

> Your Value: 1.26

>

> Standard Range: 0.35 - 4.94

>

> Units: uIU/mL

>

> Sorry for how confusing the other e-mail was.

>

> Thanks Again,

>

> Dena

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Dena,

You wrote:

>

> I am not on any thyroid medications at all. I do have a physical coming up on

Monday. What tests should I ask my Dr to order ? Thanks again for everyones

suggestions, I am feeling hopeful that I may actually have a chance to be able

to feel like I can be part of humanity tomorrow.

You will probably have a hard time getting your doctor to do any thyroid tests,

but you might ask if he could better assess thyroid binding. There are a number

of ways to do that, but I would not recommend pushing any one of them on your

doctor.

Chuck