RemedySpot.com

Armour

Rate this topic

Guest guest

well i guess if it keeps me alive its ok, when i lost my insurance no one cared if i died, i got so sick i could not move at all, i was so swollen up, and severely depressed, in allot of pain, with out it, i just laid there until i found them, i was alone with a 8 year old child that i had no one to help me, or her, after her dad passed away, so i hope i stay alive until she is 18 at this time. i am happy i found out about the iodoral, and happy i can now afford to pay for something like this, that may help me from having to get surgery for this thyroid problem, which i don't and can not get, with out any insurance, plus i know three people that got this surgery and ended up paralyzed, i when to ucla medical center and was told at age 32 how bad i was, after 9 months of going there, and how very sorry they felt for me, because i had three of these thyroid problem, at the same time what did they do?? nothing, but give me the thyroid medication , i have chronic fatigue syndrome, hypothyroidism, goiter, hashimoto's, and a new thing my legs swell so bad i can not stand any longer then 15 mins. at a time without them looking like elephant legs.  so i am hoping this iodroal help and get me happy again. in light 

Re: Re: Armour

The mgs are not the same strength.  I think people say it is stronger.  The fillers are different too.

Steph

Re: Armour

>

> Hi All, I am rejoining the list serve. I found it so helpful. Is

> anyone having trouble getting Armour? I sure am. I was told that it

> is backordered since the summer? Two other people told me the same

> thing. Help! Sylvia

>

i buy mine from bankock tiland i have been getting it there for the last 7 years now ,cheep,

last two years and they are honest.

Traveling over the river or through the woods this holiday season? Get the MapQuest Toolbar. Directions, Traffic, Gas Prices More!

=2

Traveling over the river or through the woods this holiday season? Get the MapQuest Toolbar. Directions, Traffic, Gas Prices More!

Unfortunately your story is not abnormal. I was left for dead too. Sad isn't it.

You are your own best advocate and you do what works.

Steph

>> Hi All, I am rejoining the list serve. I found it so helpful. Is > anyone having trouble getting Armour? I sure am. I was told that it > is backordered since the summer? Two other people told me the same > thing. Help! Sylvia>i buy mine from bankock tiland i have been getting it there for the last 7 years now ,cheep, last two years and they are honest.

=2 0

this thyroid thing is a bad thing for allot of people, i am seeing this now yes, you are write, i had to think how to fix a problem myself, and hope it worked, and so far its working, but i think the iodoral will help more, i am taking it now, i tired 4 tablets but i think it was to much it cause me to have stomach pain, so now i am just taking two a day will increase it in a week or so.

Unfortunately your story is not abnormal.  I was left for dead too.  Sad isn't it.

You are your own best advocate and you do what works.

Steph

>

> thing. Help! Sylvia

>

i buy mine from bankock tiland i have been getting it there for the last 7 years now ,cheep,

=2 0

Traveling over the river or through the woods this holiday season? Get the MapQuest Toolbar. Directi

ons, Traffic, Gas Prices More!

Are you taking it with food? That will help the stomach.

Steph

>> Hi All, I am rejoining the list serve. I found it so helpful. Is > anyone having trouble getting Armour? I sure am. I was told that it > is backordered since the summer? Two other people told me the same > thing. Help! Sylvia>i buy mine from bankock tiland i have been getting it there for the last 7 years now ,cheep, last two years and they are honest.

=2 0

Traveling over the river or through the woods this holiday season? Get the MapQuest Toolbar. Directi ons, Traffic, Gas Prices More!

Sylvia, Check out Westhroid. When my doctor prescribed it instead of

Armour I questioned her , but after she explained why and I got online

and researched it a little bit, I agree that I think it is better than

Armour. Just an idea. Good luck. Ardi

>

> thing. Help! Sylvia

>

yes but i am still have some problems maybe i need to only take one a day for a while.

Are you taking it with food?  That will help the stomach.

Steph

>

> thing. Help! Sylvia

>

Traveling over the river or through the woods this holiday season? Get the MapQuest Toolbar. Directions, Traffic, Gas Prices=2

More!

=2 0

Traveling over the river or through the woods this holiday season? Get the MapQuest Toolbar. Directi ons, Traffic, Gas Prices More!

• 2 weeks later...

HI , but I think Dr P would be best to advise as he knows your

treatment plan... (sorry Sheila!) Can you get hold of him and ask his

recommendations??

Leah x

>

> Hi

> For some time now I have been considering starting Armour, I know a

lot

> of you are taking it and doing well and seemingly much better than

> taking thyroxine.

> I am nervous about doing it but at the same time secretly hoping it

> will be much better for me than just T4.

> I really want to give it a go. I am currently taking 75mcg of T4

and

> have been for just over 2 weeks, I understand that is equivalant to

> grain of armour? Would starting on 1 grain be too much to begin

with?

> I am worried about the effects of instant T3 in the armour, what

should

> I look for in the way of bad reactions etc? I also understand that

I

> could start on half a grain in the AM and half a grain again in the

PM.

> I know sheila will be the best to advice me, what do you think

Sheila?

>

Hi

As

far as I'm concerned, it just doesn't work out trying to get the 'equivalent'

thyroid hormone in Armour as your T4 only. Remember that Armour contains T3,

T2, T1 and calcitonin and these have to be taken into consideration. You should

stop your synthetic thyroxine and start on say, one grain of Armour considering

you are on 75 mcgs and take this twice daily. Go to our FILES and scroll down

until you see " How to Use Natural Thyroid Extract " and read

everything there and make sure you understand it all. If not, just shout. It

tells you how you should increase your dose and what to expect and what adverse

reactions you will get if you take too much and also, what to do about this.

Luv -

Sheila

Hi

For some time now I have been considering starting Armour, I know a lot

of you are taking it and doing well and seemingly much better than

taking thyroxine.

I am nervous about doing it but at the same time secretly hoping it

will be much better for me than just T4.

I really want to give it a go. I am currently taking 75mcg of T4 and

have been for just over 2 weeks, I understand that is equivalant to 1

grain of armour? Would starting on 1 grain be too much to begin with?

I am worried about the effects of instant T3 in the armour, what should

I look for in the way of bad reactions etc? I also understand that I

could start on half a grain in the AM and half a grain again in the PM.

I know sheila will be the best to advice me, what do you think Sheila?

Hi Sheila

Do you mean take 1 grain twice a day, so that would be 2 grains, or split the one grain and take half a grain twice a day?

I will look in the files again and see how to start using it, still havent decided if I will yet, but I cant see a reason why I shouldnt, can you?

Hi

As far as I'm concerned, it just doesn't work out trying to get the 'equivalent' thyroid hormone in Armour as your T4 only. Remember that Armour contains T3, T2, T1 and calcitonin and these have to be taken into consideration. You should stop your synthetic thyroxine and start on say, one grain of Armour considering you are on 75 mcgs and take this twice daily. Go to our FILES and scroll down until you see "How to Use Natural Thyroid Extract" and read everything there and make sure you understand it all. If not, just shout. It tells you how you should increase your dose and what to expect and what adverse reactions you will get if you take too much and also, what to do about this.

Luv - Sheila

HiFor some time now I have been considering starting Armour, I know a lot of you are taking it and doing well and seemingly much better than taking thyroxine.I am nervous about doing it but at the same time secretly hoping it will be much better for me than just T4.I really want to give it a go. I am currently taking 75mcg of T4 and have been for just over 2 weeks, I understand that is equivalant to 1 grain of armour? Would starting on 1 grain be too much to begin with?I am worried about the effects of instant T3 in the armour, what should I look for in the way of bad reactions etc? I also understand that I could start on half a grain in the AM and half a grain again in the PM.I know sheila will be the best to advice me, what do you think Sheila?

Yes,

one grain daily, half a grain morning before breakfast and half a grain middle

of the afternoon, unless you want to be brave and take it all when you go to

bed.

Sheila

Hi Sheila

Do you mean take 1 grain twice a day, so that would

be 2 grains, or split the one grain and take half a grain twice a day?

I will look in the

files again and see how to start using it, still havent decided if I will

yet, but I cant see a reason why I shouldnt, can you?

Thanks Sheila,

I will start with the daily dosing I think, if I pluck up the courage to try it, big step for me but I shouldnt worry really, I will check the files to see how to increase etc and how long to stay at one dose, armour is sublingual isnt it?

Yes, one grain daily, half a grain morning before breakfast and half a grain middle of the afternoon, unless you want to be brave and take it all when you go to bed.

Sheila

Hi Sheila

Do you mean take 1 grain twice a day, so that would be 2 grains, or split the one grain and take half a grain twice a day?

I will look in the files again and see how to start using it, still havent decided if I will yet, but I cant see a reason why I shouldnt, can you?

Hi Leah

Yes I agree there but the TPA gives full detalis and instructions on how to use armour and Dr P did say some time ago that there could be a place for natural thyroid in the future and I dont really want to bother him with something like that, I am pretty sure he will say go ahead and try it

HI , but I think Dr P would be best to advise as he knows your treatment plan... (sorry Sheila!) Can you get hold of him and ask his recommendations? ?Leah x>> Hi> For some time now I have been considering starting Armour, I know a lot > of you are taking it and doing well and seemingly much better than > taking thyroxine.> I am nervous about doing it but at the same time secretly hoping it > will be much better for me than just T4.> I really want to give it a go. I am currently taking 75mcg of T4 and > have been for just over 2 weeks, I understand that is equivalant to 1 > grain of armour? Would starting on 1 grain be too much to begin with?>

I am worried about the effects of instant T3 in the armour, what should > I look for in the way of bad reactions etc? I also understand that I > could start on half a grain in the AM and half a grain again in the PM.> I know sheila will be the best to advice me, what do you think Sheila?>

You can take Armour sublingually, though

a tiny portion is bound to be swallowed. I take mine sublingually and place the

tablet under my top lip  where it sits quite safely for about 40 minutes until

completely absorbed into the capillaries. You get more potency this way as the

stomach acids can destroy quite a bit. However, many people appear to do fine

taking it orally - it is entirely up to you.

Luv -

Sheila

armour is sublingual

isnt it?

• 2 weeks later...

>

> I have finally gotten a doctor that listens to me. And, she put

me on

> Armour. I can't believe how much better I feel. I have to go the

> health food store tomorrow and by the supplements that she wants

me to

> add to my regiment. I would love to hear from others who are on

Armour

> and see if your results are as positive.

>

> My advice to someone who thinks they have a low thyroid problem,

keep

> looking for a good doctor that specializes in Endocrine medicine.

Never

> give up, you don't need to feel the way you do, there is a medical

> problem for it.

>AFTER BEING ON SYNTHYROID 1MG FOR OVER 25YRS I WAS PUT ON ARMOUR

(RAW THYROID) AND I FELT SO MUCH BETTER, ALTHROUGH I STILL DEAL WITH

THE SIDE EFFECTS OF THE DISEASE. WHAT WERE THE SUPPLEMENTS YOUR

DOCTOR SUGGESTED???

• 2 weeks later...

I am on Synthroid .88mcg. My Endocrinologist told me he thought the

brand name worked better - I can't tell the difference at all.

Honestly, I can't tell whether I feel anything different when I haven't

taken anything. I've gone through a tough marriage, codependency,

etc. So, I think a lot of my symptoms are related to an unstable

environment. How can you tell whether they are real symptoms of

Hypothyroid or just what's going on in your life?

Too many people have talked about Armour - I've got to check this stuff

out! Just with a diff. doctor. Mine was a quack.

I can only speak for myself and what my doctor told me. She said that I should never take the generic, becase "IT JUST DOESN"T WORK!". As soon as I started on Armour there was a major change in my symptoms and I felt like a million bucks. Now, the goal is to get the right doseage because the minimum isn't enough for me any more. You don't have to worry about being on artificial hormones with ARMOUR it is natural hormones of a cow. So, I hope it helps your questions, I know you are going through alot emotionally and medically, I hope this helps you somewhat.

www.fromheavenscent.scent-team.com

www.fromheavenscent.net

our candle website is back! Soy and natural!

From: nicscrappy <nicscrappy@...>Subject: Re: Armourhypothyroidism Date: Sunday, December 28, 2008, 1:57 PM

I am on Synthroid .88mcg. My Endocrinologist told me he thought the brand name worked better - I can't tell the difference at all. Honestly, I can't tell whether I feel anything different when I haven't taken anything. I've gone through a tough marriage, codependency, etc. So, I think a lot of my symptoms are related to an unstable environment. How can you tell whether they are real symptoms of Hypothyroid or just what's going on in your life?Too many people have talked about Armour - I've got to check this stuff out! Just with a diff. doctor. Mine was a quack.

• 3 weeks later...

There are some problems with the

manufacturing of the higher strengths of Armour this past year (read our

Christmas Newsletter tol get the facts. You will find this on our web site www.tpa-uk.org.uk

in the right hand column under TPA-UK NEWS. It is the second item down). You

can buy the 1 grain and 1 1/2 grain tablets at www.internationalpharmacy.com .

If you go to our FILES you can find further information on " How to Use

Natural Thyroid Extract " - so scroll down to find it.

They use different reference ranges in

different laboratories because they use different 'kits' to do the testing.

Luv - Sheila

Hi

folks

I

am soon to leave the world of ELTROXIN behind and try Armour.Do any of

you chaps know the best place to buy it.Shall I buy a couple of different

strengths at the same time ??? I shall order it on the net and I can use

a credit or debit card.Thanks all for advice with my blood tests.I will

try and phone hozzy for " range " on Monday (gosh dos'nt it make

you weary? Its like drawing blood if you will excuse the pun ) I can

then give you the range with my tests.Why do they use different ranges at

different Labs ??bit strange isn't it ????

Big

thanks and tonnes of gratitude to Sheila and gang.

Margaret

Hi Margaret, sheila will have a list of where to buy armour thyroid, what dose of l-thyroxineare you on? again sheila will be able to advice you on changing from synthetic to natural.angel.

Hi Margaret,

http://www.internationalpharmacy.com

not the cheapest, but the real thing and reliable delivery- the $8 delivery

option will get to you in about a week.

Subject:

Armour

Hi folks

I am soon to

leave the world of ELTROXIN behind and try Armour.Do any of you chaps

know the best place to buy it.Shall I buy a couple of different strengths

at the same time ??? I shall order it on the net and I can use a credit

or debit card.Thanks all for advice with my blood tests.I will try and

phone hozzy for " range " on Monday (gosh dos'nt it make you

weary? Its like drawing blood if you will excuse the pun ) I can

then give you the range with my tests.Why do they use different ranges at

different Labs ??bit strange isn't it ????

Big thanks

and tonnes of gratitude to Sheila and gang.

Margaret

Thats where I get mine from and they are good and usually deliver within a week. Lets hope they keep selling it cos I dont know of anywhere else!

Hi Margaret,

http://www.internat ionalpharmacy. com not the cheapest, but the real thing and reliable delivery- the $8 delivery option will get to you in about a week.

Subject: [thyroidpatientadvo cacy] Armour

Hi folks

I am soon to leave the world of ELTROXIN behind and try Armour.Do any of you chaps know the best place to buy it.Shall I buy a couple of different strengths at the same time ??? I shall order it on the net and I can use a credit or debit card.Thanks all for advice with my blood tests.I will try and phone hozzy for "range" on Monday (gosh dos'nt it make you weary? Its like drawing blood if you will excuse the pun ) I can then give you the range with my tests.Why do they use different ranges at different Labs ??bit strange isn't it ????

Big thanks and tonnes of gratitude to Sheila and gang.

Margaret

Hi Angel forgot to ask shall I buy more than one strength at the same time.xxxxxxxxxx

Margaret

From: margaret mcguinness <mrgrtmcguinness@...>thyroid treatment Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 9:12:19 AMSubject: Re: Re:Armour

Hi Angel

I on 137.5 Eltroxin

Margaret H

From: judith franklin <angel47572000@...>thyroid treatment Sent: Sunday, January 18, 2009 1:14:24 PMSubject: Re:Armour

Hi Margaret, sheila will have a list of where to buy armour thyroid, what dose of l-thyroxineare you on?

Hi Margaret, thyroid-s is only in one grain tabs , so the nearest dose is 2 1/2 grains I think/!so you will have to split one grain in half. check this dose with Sheila .I think 2 grains is equalto 120 mg levo-thyroxine. but please check this before you take them. angel.

Hi Sheila

Cant remember if I emailed this question already.I stopped Eltoxin few days ago and started adrenal supps.My Armour is ordered and on way.Shall I leave Eltroxin now and just start (as I hope to go on ) with Armour???

Hope you can help

Cheers

Margaret

From: Sheila <sheila@...>thyroid treatment Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2009 3:31:10 PMSubject: FW: Fwd: FW: /virus/ Very, Very, Urgent

TPA is not medically qualified. Consult with a qualified medical practitioner before changing medication.

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional Change settings via the Web ( ID required) Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured Visit Your Group | Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

If

you have made up your mind to start on Armour alone, then yes Margaret, when

you start thyroid hormone replacement again, start right away on half a grain

of Armour (play it safe to make sure you don't have any adverse effects to the

T3 in Armour, then increase by another half grain after 7 days.

Luv -

Sheila

Cant remember if I emailed this question already.I stopped Eltoxin few

days ago and started adrenal supps.My Armour is ordered and on way.Shall I

leave Eltroxin now and just start (as I hope to go on ) with Armour???

Hope you can help

Cheers

Margaret