Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Teenagers in the age of 15-16 should be made to practice asana for the physical, mental and intellectual development/Asana should be practiced in the morning after passing bowels and completing other chores. Alternately it can be practiced after four hours of lunch. Practicing twice a day is even more beneficial.
Regular practice of Tadasan increases the height in the children and activates and develops the nervous system. Deep breath strengthens the lungs.
Stand straight and take both the hands on the sides and while taking deep breath raise the hands. As the hands are raised simultaneously the ankles should also be raised. The body weight will be on the paws and the body will be fully stretched.
It makes the waist and stomach healthy. It is beneficial for increasing the height.
Practice Padahastasana after Tadasan. Stand straight and while inhaling raise the hands and bend forwards. Touch the knees with the head. The hands
will be at the back near the calf muscles.
Children suffering with backache should not practice this asana.
Regular practice expands the chest and makes the hip area flexible. It reduces the fat on the sides. It increases the height of the legs and overcomes the problem of one leg shorter than the other.
1. Keep a distance of one foot between the legs and stand straight. Both the hands should be stretched parallel to the legs at shoulder height.
2. Inhale and bring the left hand from the front and rest it on the left paw on the ground, otherwise keep the hand near the ankle and lift the right hand upwards and bend the neck to the right side and look at the right hand. Then while exhaling come back to the original position and repeat the exercise from the other side.
– This asana is helpful for all-round development of the child.
– It activates the thyroid and pituitary glands, which result in height increase.
– This is beneficial for increasing height as it activates the thyroid and pituitary glands.
– It makes the pituitary and pineal glands healthy, activates the brain. It increases the memory power, grasping power and intelligence among the children.
– It cures dream problem, disease in which vital humors of the body are secreted through urine, glows the face and increases the vitality.
– It also controls the premature graying of hair and hair loss.
– It cures tiredness, weakness and obesity in the children.
– Other benefits are similar to Shirshasana. But the specialty of this asana is that those patients for whom Shirshasana is restricted, they can also do this asana. It is beneficial for two to three stages of asthma because the shoulders are straight in this asana. The weight of the stomach, intestines etc, falls on the abdominal muscles and thereby the diaphragm gets toned due to participation in the inhale and exhale process.
1. Lie down straight on your back. The legs should be together, join the hands to the sides and rest the palms on the ground.
2. Inhale and raise the legs at 30 degrees upwards, then 60 degrees and then 90 degrees. You can support the back while lifting the legs. If the legs cannot be kept straight at 90 degrees take them back at 120 degrees and rest the hands at the back. The elbows should rest on the ground. The paws should be straight the eyes should be closed otherwise glance at the toes. In the beginning it can be done for 2 minutes and then slowly increase the time up to half an hour.
3. While coming back keep the legs straight and bend backwards slightly. Remove both the hands from the back and rest them straight on the ground. Now, press the floor with the palms and get up in the same position as you had lied down, first back and then the legs should be laid straight on the floor. The duration for Sarvangasan and Shavasan should be the same.
Caution: Avoid this asana in case of neck and back pain.
1. This is the best exercise for stomach. It activates the intestines and cures constipation.
2. It makes the thyroid, para thyroid and adrenal glands healthy.
3. It is beneficial in case of cervical or when the backbone is enlarged.
4. It stops the shifting of the navel. It cures lungs diseases, asthma and other respiratory troubles.
1. Sit in Padmasan and taking the support of both the hands, bend backwards and rest the elbows on the ground.
2. While resting the palms on back of the shoulders, with their support bend the neck backwards as much as you can. The back and chest should be above the ground level and rest the knees on the floor.
3. Hold the toes with the elbows and rest them on the floor. Inhale and stop the breath.
4. While leaving the asana come back to the normal position as done in the beginning or straighten the legs while resting the shoulders and head on the ground and lie down in Shavasan.
5. This is the reverse asana for Sarvangasan. Therefore it should be done after Sarvangasan.
1. It expands the chest, makes the spine strong, healthy and flexible. This asana is useful for cervical, spondalitis, backache, and stomach pain.
2. Shifting of the navel is avoided.
3. It is beneficial for the menstrual disorders related problems in females.
4. It cures the kidney and urinary problems, it is beneficial in case of urination due to fear.
1. Lie down on your stomach. Fold the legs and keep the ankles on the hips. The knees and paws should be joined together.
2. Hold the ankles with the hands.
3. Inhale and while lifting the knees and thighs stretch them upwards, hands should be straight. After lifting the lower portion, lift the stomach, chest, neck and head. The abdomen and navel area should rest on the ground. The shape of the body will be like a bow. Remain in this position for about 10 to 30 seconds.
4. While exhaling come back to the original position. When the breathing is normal repeat this exercise. Do 3 to 4 repetitions.
1. All the back muscles become strong. The stomach muscles contract. This increases their health.
2. According to Hathpradipika this asana inspires the prana towards the three principle nerves, which arouses the kundalini.
3. It increases the fire of the stomach and cures the sperm related problems. It is an important asana for increasing the height.
1. Sit in Dandasan and hold the toes with the help of big and index fingers of the hands.
2. Exhale and bend forward and try to place the head in between the knees. The stomach can be kept in the position of Uddiyan bandh. The knees and legs should rest on the ground and the elbows should also rest on the ground. Remain in this position for half to three minutes according to capacity. While exhaling come back to normal position.
NECK STRENGTHENING ASANA
Regular practice of this asana is strengthens the neck, the children need not face neck related problems in the future.
Sit in comfortable position and rotate the neck forward, backward, upward, downward, right and let. Repeat this five times.
Pranayam is the best amongst all the methods of treatment because regular and systematic practice cures the diseases of nervous system, stomach, nerves, bones, muscles and every organ. It activates all the body organs. It increases the life energy and strengthens the seven humors. Children should be made to practice pranayam regularly. Especially Ujjayi pranayam.
It cures the lisping problem among the children. They never suffer from cold, cough, catarrh, tonsils, thyroid glands, sleeplessness, mental tension, blood pressure, indigestion, arthritis, dropsy, fever, spleen and other problems.
Regular practice gives a healthy throat and sweet voice.
Do poorak and contract the throat, when the throat is contracted the voice becomes similar to snoring at the time of inhaling. Sit in Padmasan and inhale. Contract the throat and feel the touch of air inside the throat. The air should not have friction with the nose.
This friction produces a sound. In the beginning do not practice Kumbhak and practice only poorak-rechak. After poorak gradually equate the duration with kumbhak and after few days double the duration of kumbhak. Incase kumbhak is to be practiced for 10 seconds then do Jalandhar bandh and Moolbandh. In this pranayam close the right nostril and do rechak with left nostril. Note: The above should be practiced under an expert for special benefits and the chances of risk are also very little.