RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

weight gain

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I agree, our bodies are truly amazing. And the fats are wonderful (not that I

love to eat them, or anything, hehe...).

I used to have SUCH dry skin. This past winter I used to apply CO frequently to

face and hands, sometimes legs, to try and ameliorate this. Now I'm noticing

that I almost never need to apply topical moisturizer of any kind... I'd say 9

months of good fats are proving themselves!

Be well!

andra

>

>

> ****andra - Well, the fats on this program are so good for the body - both

inside and out - and have a positive impact on the skin.

>

> It is interesting in reading the posts how people's bodies respond differently

- I have not had diarrhea - a little constipation (regular now). I would think

that for you, the diarrhea, while certainly unpleasant, was your body's way of

getting rid of the toxins - which was a good thing. Our bodies are amazing in

the ways that they will try to heal if we let them and give them what they need

to heal. I believe that if we learn to listen to our bodies they will tell us

what we need and when - that goes for food, exercise, ect.

>

> Hope you are doing well -

Guest guest

As I mentioned, I still don't think it's from the fat. You would have gained

the weight right at the beginning if it was from the fat.

Again, hang in there...

[ ] weight gain

** over 8 lbs now in less than 2 weeks

Hi Madonna,

How much weight have you gained and over what period of time?

------------------------------------

Guest guest

Madonna,

You could also put fresh lemon juice on your salads, I find that really yummy

and refreshing. You could also spice it up a little with dill, sea salt &

pepper. Just an idea!

andra

> I staying away from olive oil for a while and see what happens however it gets

dificult as I'm away at work all day and the only thing I can eat is  salad and

protein therefore I need something for my salad. I was taking 2 tablespoons of

olive oil but have stopped that now so the salad is pretty boring and tasteless.

>

> madonna

>

>

Guest guest

Thanks andra ... yes,  lemon juice is refreshing and makes a nice taste.

Madonna,

You could also put fresh lemon juice on your salads, I find that really yummy

and refreshing.  You could also spice it up a little with dill, sea salt &

pepper.  Just an idea!

Guest guest

this is in reference to lactating mother itchy breast...i have 5 kids and i would get that too..i finally figured out that it was due to the moisture in my bra ...seemed to be related to leaking breast milk...i found it helped to buy 100% cotton breast pads and change them several times per day....got better after i figured that out...but also watch for yeast due to moisture...

From: ladybugsandbees <ladybugsandbees@ sbcglobal. net>Subject: Re: Flash itch problemiodinegroups (DOT) comDate: Monday, June 29, 2009, 5:27 PM

I had / get that on my breast. Don't know why.

steph

Flash itch problem

I know itching has been discussed here but I think my itch question is a bit different. I was wondering if anyone has experienced this kind of itch. I take 12.5 mg ioderol every other day. The itch I get typically goes like this. 1. small itch, which I scratch2. itch gets worse and I scratch more3. itch starts to spread and I scratch a larger area4. skin gets very red where I scratch and skin starts to raise up with bumps. Sometimes skin color turns almost purple. You can see individual nail marks from where I scratch. I am not scratching all that hard. 5. itch subsides6. discolor starts disappearingentire episode from first itch to return of normal skin color is 30 - 60 minutes.I have recently given birth, bqby is 7 weeks old, and I am breastfeeding. Is ioderal the cause of the itch?thank you. Cheryl

Guest guest

Weight gain around the middle is usually caused by too much cortisol. That

could be from stress or from low blood sugar or a combination of both.

Dianne

>

>

> From: ladybugsandbees <ladybugsandbees@...>

> Subject: Re: Flash itch problem

> iodine

> Date: Monday, June 29, 2009, 5:27 PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> I had / get that on my breast.  Don't know why.

>  

> steph

>  

>  

>

> Flash itch problem

>

>

>

> I know itching has been discussed here but I think my itch question is a bit

different. I was wondering if anyone has experienced this kind of itch. I take

12.5 mg ioderol every other day. The itch I get typically goes like this.

> 1. small itch, which I scratch

> 2. itch gets worse and I scratch more

> 3. itch starts to spread and I scratch a larger area

> 4. skin gets very red where I scratch and skin starts to raise up with bumps.

Sometimes skin color turns almost purple. You can see individual nail marks from

where I scratch. I am not scratching all that hard.

> 5. itch subsides

> 6. discolor starts disappearing

> entire episode from first itch to return of normal skin color is 30 - 60

minutes.

>

> I have recently given birth, bqby is 7 weeks old, and I am breastfeeding.

>

> Is ioderal the cause of the itch?

>

> thank you.

> Cheryl

>

Guest guest

I never had itch while nursing my kids, I think yeast actually is the real reason behind such an itch.R.> > > From: ladybugsandbees <ladybugsandbees@ sbcglobal. net>> Subject: Re: Flash itch problem> iodinegroups (DOT) com> Date: Monday, June 29, 2009, 5:27 PM> > > > > > I had / get that on my breast. Don't know why.> > steph> > > > Flash itch problem> > > > I know itching has been discussed here but I think my itch question is a bit different. I was wondering if anyone has experienced this kind of itch. I take 12.5 mg ioderol every other day. The itch I get typically goes like this. > 1. small itch, which I scratch> 2. itch gets worse and I scratch more> 3. itch starts to spread and I scratch a larger area> 4. skin gets very red where I scratch and skin starts to raise up with bumps. Sometimes skin color turns almost purple. You can see individual nail marks from where I scratch. I am not scratching all that hard. > 5. itch subsides> 6. discolor starts disappearing> entire episode from first itch to return of normal skin color is 30 - 60 minutes.> > I have recently given birth, bqby is 7 weeks old, and I am breastfeeding. > > Is ioderal the cause of the itch?> > thank you. > Cheryl>

Guest guest

Belly fat is my nemises.It started at age 25 and has been increasing to my now 42 yrs.My only hope is that w/Armour & iodine my body willstop holding onto fat.It has happened for others.That is why I when I see fat I think it's there from toxicity.It is related.AliOn Jun 29, 2009, at 3:26 PM, Jag Jag wrote:I have noticed weight gain around my abdomen, how much is this attributable to hormonal imbalance and how can it be corrected. Chromium picolinate and the usual items don't seem to be working. I wonder if I should take supplements to support my adrenals? I have been unemployed for a while,so perhaps it is also the stress. Hmm.. JagFrom: ladybugsandbees <ladybugsandbeessbcglobal (DOT) net>Subject: Re: Flash itch problemiodine Date: Monday, June 29, 2009, 5:27 PMI had / get that on my breast. Don't know why. steph Flash itch problemI know itching has been discussed here but I think my itch question is a bit different. I was wondering if anyone has experienced this kind of itch. I take 12.5 mg ioderol every other day. The itch I get typically goes like this. 1. small itch, which I scratch2. itch gets worse and I scratch more3. itch starts to spread and I scratch a larger area4. skin gets very red where I scratch and skin starts to raise up with bumps. Sometimes skin color turns almost purple. You can see individual nail marks from where I scratch. I am not scratching all that hard. 5. itch subsides6. discolor starts disappearingentire episode from first itch to return of normal skin color is 30 - 60 minutes.I have recently given birth, bqby is 7 weeks old, and I am breastfeeding. Is ioderal the cause of the itch?thank you. Cheryl

Guest guest

What about a layer of cellulite on arms, back legs & belly?AliOn Jun 29, 2009, at 4:18 PM, dwarrickh wrote:Weight gain around the middle is usually caused by too much cortisol. That could be from stress or from low blood sugar or a combination of both.Dianne> > > From: ladybugsandbees <ladybugsandbees@...>> Subject: Re: Flash itch problem> iodine > Date: Monday, June 29, 2009, 5:27 PM> > > > > > > > > > I had / get that on my breast. Don't know why.> > steph> > > > Flash itch problem> > > > I know itching has been discussed here but I think my itch question is a bit different. I was wondering if anyone has experienced this kind of itch. I take 12.5 mg ioderol every other day. The itch I get typically goes like this. > 1. small itch, which I scratch> 2. itch gets worse and I scratch more> 3. itch starts to spread and I scratch a larger area> 4. skin gets very red where I scratch and skin starts to raise up with bumps. Sometimes skin color turns almost purple. You can see individual nail marks from where I scratch. I am not scratching all that hard. > 5. itch subsides> 6. discolor starts disappearing> entire episode from first itch to return of normal skin color is 30 - 60 minutes.> > I have recently given birth, bqby is 7 weeks old, and I am breastfeeding. > > Is ioderal the cause of the itch?> > thank you. > Cheryl>

Guest guest

In a message dated 6/29/2009 6:27:09 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, jaguarundi21@... writes:

I have noticed weight gain around my abdomen

FWIW, I gained weight when I first upped my iodine from 25 mg. to 50 mg. I needed to increase my thyroid medicine. I stayed on a higher dose of Armour for about 10 months and have now dropped it to below what it was originally. I think the iodine somehow affects your metabolism.

BarbF A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps!

Guest guest

From what I have read, cellulite is caused by estrogen dominance but I have also

read that it was hereditary and possibly caused by poor circulation. This

subject was brought up on the Ask the Doctors show the other day and they just

recommended cutting out fatty dairy and cheese. LOL

Dianne

>

> >

> >

> > Weight gain around the middle is usually caused by too much

> > cortisol. That could be from stress or from low blood sugar or a

> > combination of both.

> >

> > Dianne

> >

Guest guest

It can go away with enough excersize.

Jag

From: dwarrickh <dwarrickh@...>Subject: Re: Weight gainiodine Date: Tuesday, June 30, 2009, 5:20 PM

From what I have read, cellulite is caused by estrogen dominance but I have also read that it was hereditary and possibly caused by poor circulation. This subject was brought up on the Ask the Doctors show the other day and they just recommended cutting out fatty dairy and cheese. LOLDianne> > >> >> > Weight gain around the middle is usually caused by too much > > cortisol. That could be from stress or from low blood sugar or a > > combination of both.> >> > Dianne>

>

Guest guest

I think my fibroids are getting bigger. This is probabaly the cause.

Jag

From: Bbircie@... <Bbircie@...>Subject: Re: Weight gainiodine Date: Tuesday, June 30, 2009, 3:57 PM

In a message dated 6/29/2009 6:27:09 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, jaguarundi21 writes:

I have noticed weight gain around my abdomen

FWIW, I gained weight when I first upped my iodine from 25 mg. to 50 mg. I needed to increase my thyroid medicine. I stayed on a higher dose of Armour for about 10 months and have now dropped it to below what it was originally. I think the iodine somehow affects your metabolism.

BarbF

A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps!

Guest guest

It actually can't.I tested the theory.I withdrew a few thousand from my 401K.I hired a private trainer.I worked out three to four days per weekfor four months.I was thirtytwo pounds over weight.Although I lost 18 pounds, I STILLhad cellulite all over my body.And I have spoken to others with Hypo. wholose very little to nothing by working out.But 1 1/2 years after giving birth, I went from 145 to 120 in a few months for no reason.No change in diet or exercise.It was without a doubt some hormonal changeand then six months later with a vengeance,I gained a pound a month til I reached 153 lbs.I still wonder why I lost it.But I know why I gained it. Because with the weight gain cameHYPOTHYROIDISM.Slurred speech, brain fog, muscle loss,hair loss, total exhaustion etc....And so there you have it.I do not believe for a second that exercise works for people with hypo.AliOn Jun 30, 2009, at 5:14 PM, Jag Jag wrote:It can go away with enough excersize. JagFrom: dwarrickh <dwarrickhaol>Subject: Re: Weight gainiodine Date: Tuesday, June 30, 2009, 5:20 PMFrom what I have read, cellulite is caused by estrogen dominance but I have also read that it was hereditary and possibly caused by poor circulation. This subject was brought up on the Ask the Doctors show the other day and they just recommended cutting out fatty dairy and cheese. LOLDianne> > >> >> > Weight gain around the middle is usually caused by too much > > cortisol. That could be from stress or from low blood sugar or a > > combination of both.> >> > Dianne> >

Guest guest

I agree Ali - it isn't that simple. For me it is very difficult. I have been doing the EA Active on Wii Fit for 2 weeks now and have gained 7 lbs. Drives me nuts. I am eating healthy foods too. Not a large quantity either. But after losing my thyroid it has been a huge battle. Yes I have cellulite too - even after losing 30 lbs it was still very present - even more noticeable due to loser skin.

Steph

Guest guest

Ladies and Gentlemen/Iodine Group:

I just purchased today something that my Homeopathic Counselor friend

has been raving

about. No,I really have no personal experience with it yet, but will

shortly and will report back.

She swears that Herbal Aloe Force detoxes cellulite! All I know is that

the lady we are jointly

working with for a kidney tumor is losing girth on it, and she is losing

tags and things on her body.

This same lady is telling me that she feels great and that all of her

clothes are getting looser, even

though she lives a " high cortisol lifestyle " /constantly rushing around.

Anyway, no guarantees, but I just bought some and am anxious to see if

it will help me with hypo.

Best,

Joyce S.

--

JOYCE E. STOTTS, MSEd, CNHP of INTEGRATED HEALTH PATHWAYS

With Targeted Nutrition & Supplementation,Young Living Essential Oils

(Sponsor #776834), Ionic Footbaths, Vitaflex and Prayer

374 Hartnagle Road, Newark, NY 14513 -- agapegrl@...

315-331-1726 Home / 315-573-1715 Cell (Se Habla Español)

Renew your essential health, memory & energy levels!!

Guest guest

--Diane,

thank u for saying weight gain can be caused by too much cortisol. I was going

to be traveling and it was suggested to me to increase my cortef from 25mg- 30mg

and to stress dose(which i did very haphazardly w/cortef and cortisol cream) I

was also salting and taking potassium. I was doing everything i could to go on

this particular family trip(did not want to let my family down, yet again).I

gained 20pds in 10 days.ended up with extreme edima(my rt knee was

huge),irrational anger,severe fatigue,etc. all the symptoms of too much

cortisol. went to my dr. yesterday she lowered my cortisol to 25mg.told me to

lay off the salting my sodium levels were very high,and my blood pressure high.

she put me on iodoral due to low iodine,and florinef.I had written a thread on

" adrenal' just to be careful of self dosing. It was totally my fault. i did to

much, too fast and totally got reamed out. my dr. was called an idiot,i was

basically called an idiot.I belong to thyroidless, iodine,and adrenals. it is

very hard and confusing to put all this together. I thought these sites were to

exchange ideas and experiences. if there was one perfect answer to all of our

issues,there would be no need for these sites to beginwith. and ther is a fine

line betwen taking too much cortef and not taking enough.the symptoms are very

similar.My main pint was to be careful, be patient,and let the body get used to

a few changes at a time.i think i just overloaded my body in a very short amount

of time and got pretty sick.between the stress of the trip and the high intake

of salt and the extreme intake of cortef w/cortisone cream my body was

screaming.Is there anything wrong with slowing things down,and listening to ones

body?

upset in buffalo,

michelle

In iodine , " dwarrickh " <dwarrickh@...> wrote:

>

> Weight gain around the middle is usually caused by too much cortisol. That

could be from stress or from low blood sugar or a combination of both.

>

> Dianne

>

>

> >

> >

> > From: ladybugsandbees <ladybugsandbees@>

> > Subject: Re: Flash itch problem

> > iodine

> > Date: Monday, June 29, 2009, 5:27 PM

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > I had / get that on my breast.  Don't know why.

> >  

> > steph

> >  

> >  

> >

> > Flash itch problem

> >

> >

> >

> > I know itching has been discussed here but I think my itch question is a bit

different. I was wondering if anyone has experienced this kind of itch. I take

12.5 mg ioderol every other day. The itch I get typically goes like this.

> > 1. small itch, which I scratch

> > 2. itch gets worse and I scratch more

> > 3. itch starts to spread and I scratch a larger area

> > 4. skin gets very red where I scratch and skin starts to raise up with

bumps. Sometimes skin color turns almost purple. You can see individual nail

marks from where I scratch. I am not scratching all that hard.

> > 5. itch subsides

> > 6. discolor starts disappearing

> > entire episode from first itch to return of normal skin color is 30 - 60

minutes.

> >

> > I have recently given birth, bqby is 7 weeks old, and I am breastfeeding.

> >

> > Is ioderal the cause of the itch?

> >

> > thank you.

> > Cheryl

> >

>

Guest guest

Thank you.Would love to know how it goes.I am up to 2 1/2 grains Armour & am excited too.Since my metabolism & heart rate are speeding up,my weight is not increasing but I have dropped a coupleof pounds. Yea!!!I am afraid to get overjoyed yet.Don't want to jinx it.AliOn Jun 30, 2009, at 9:43 PM, Joyce Stotts wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen/Iodine Group:I just purchased today something that my Homeopathic Counselor friend has been ravingabout. No,I really have no personal experience with it yet, but will shortly and will report back.She swears that Herbal Aloe Force detoxes cellulite! All I know is that the lady we are jointlyworking with for a kidney tumor is losing girth on it, and she is losing tags and things on her body.This same lady is telling me that she feels great and that all of her clothes are getting looser, eventhough she lives a "high cortisol lifestyle"/constantly rushing around. Anyway, no guarantees, but I just bought some and am anxious to see if it will help me with hypo.Best,Joyce S.-- JOYCE E. STOTTS, MSEd, CNHP of INTEGRATED HEALTH PATHWAYSWith Targeted Nutrition & Supplementation,Young Living Essential Oils (Sponsor #776834), Ionic Footbaths, Vitaflex and Prayer 374 Hartnagle Road, Newark, NY 14513 -- agapegrlrochester (DOT) rr.com315-331-1726 Home / 315-573-1715 Cell (Se Habla Español)Renew your essential health, memory & energy levels!!

Guest guest

Hey maybe you could lose 4 in two days. Don't worry. Try to look at pounds lost

for the week. Daily fluctuations are common. Just keep doing what you're doing

and you'll do great!

--- Original Message ---

Sent:Wed 7/8/09 7:11 pm

Subj:Re: weight gain

I have gained & lost a couple times & have no clue why. Only thing i can think

of is my visit from T.O.M. snuck in there on me. Day 17 & down only 10lbs

Haven't given up & have deviated from the protocol yet I swore I would cuz 10lbs

is 10lbs I wouldn't have lost any other way. So I have to be happy with anything

being better then nothing.

Subject: weight gain

Date: Wednesday, July 8, 2009, 2:14 PM

I lost 7 pounds in 7 days but today, day 8 I gained 2 pounds? Has anyone

experienced this? I ate and did everything exactly the same as the other days.

Guest guest

Make sure you drink a lot of water...that's what helped me flush the pounds off.. 7 lbs is great!

From: desertgoldrush <desertgoldrush@...>Subject: weight gain Date: Wednesday, July 8, 2009, 4:14 PM

I lost 7 pounds in 7 days but today, day 8 I gained 2 pounds? Has anyone experienced this? I ate and did everything exactly the same as the other days.------------------------------------

Guest guest

When this happened to me I quit using salt 100%. I did use a

little “No Salt” a salt substitute and it worked real well

[mailto: ] On Behalf

Of Louise Beane

Sent: Wednesday, July 08, 2009 3:30 PM

Subject: Re: weight gain

Make sure you drink a lot of water...that's what helped me

flush the pounds off.. 7 lbs is great!

Date: Wednesday, July 8, 2009, 4:14 PM

I lost 7 pounds in 7 days but

today, day 8 I gained 2 pounds? Has anyone experienced this? I

ate and did everything exactly the same as the other days.

Guest guest

Your body also has to catch up with itself. When you lose a lot

of weight fast you usually have a couple or 3 days of kind of a stall before

you start losing again. If you are using salt though salt has always been my

problem when this would happen.

[mailto: ] On Behalf

Of Louise Beane

Sent: Wednesday, July 08, 2009 3:30 PM

Subject: Re: weight gain

Make sure you drink a lot of water...that's what helped me

flush the pounds off.. 7 lbs is great!

Date: Wednesday, July 8, 2009, 4:14 PM

I lost 7 pounds in 7 days but

today, day 8 I gained 2 pounds? Has anyone experienced this? I

ate and did everything exactly the same as the other days.

Guest guest

I have gained & lost a couple times & have no clue why. Only thing i can think of is my visit from T.O.M. snuck in there on me. Day 17 & down only 10lbs Haven't given up & have deviated from the protocol yet I swore I would cuz 10lbs is 10lbs I wouldn't have lost any other way. So I have to be happy with anything being better then nothing.

From: desertgoldrush <desertgoldrush@...>Subject: weight gain Date: Wednesday, July 8, 2009, 2:14 PM

I lost 7 pounds in 7 days but today, day 8 I gained 2 pounds? Has anyone experienced this? I ate and did everything exactly the same as the other days.

Guest guest

>

> I'm getting paranoid. Its been three weeks since I've started the diet.

Absolutely no cheating. I'm doing this initially for a terrible rash I've had

the past 12 years. The first week I lost about 8 lbs. But since then I have

started gaining. I still have yet to incorporate all the vitamins, but I do

take my coconut oil and oil of oregano. My skin is getting better little by

little. I just cannot tolerate the weight gain, because I have plenty to lose.

How can I be gaining weight eating salads and protein?

+++Hi there. Is your name le?

+++Some people do gain weight for awhile on this program. If you've ever been

overweight in the past your body will " retrace " those times during natural

healing, but eventually your weight will normalize to what it should be - see

this article that explains retracing:

http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/heal10.php

+++When you have candida, weight issues are very unimportant.

+++You should be taking 6 tbsp of coconut oil per day without getting severe

die-off symptoms before you start on oil of oregano.

+++Please get all of the supplements soon, since all of the nutrients work

together. In order for your body to utilize fats, it also requires vitamins A,

D, E and omega 3, butter, etc.

All the best, Bee

Guest guest

>

> i guys im new to the group i need help i was banded in 2005 and lost 110

pounds i have now gained it all back and i dont know what i have done wrong part

of the problem is a no longer feel full i just dont know what to do i feel like

a failure

>

Dear AJR, Don't feel like a failure! I am in the same position you are. I have

gained about 20-25 lbs back and am feeling crummy too. but I contacted my dr

office and am starting over from the beginning. I hope you success! You did it

once you can do it again!