RemedySpot.com

sex hormones

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I'm guessing maybe this is a book or something- don't know. Help!

Please provide a link to research if you know of any that I can look

up. thanks!

E (Ellen in Missouri)

>

>

> Hormone Solutions

> Thierry Hertoghe MD

> Gracia

>

>

May have missed the question. I trust Dr. Lee's book WHAT YOUR DOCTOR

MAY NOT HAVE TOLD YOU ABOUT BREAST CANCER.

http://www.johnleemd.com

On Dec 18, 2006, at 7:10 AM, Ellen wrote:

> I'm guessing maybe this is a book or something- don't know. Help!

> Please provide a link to research if you know of any that I can look

> up. thanks!

>

> E (Ellen in Missouri)

>

>

>

>>

>>

>> Hormone Solutions

>> Thierry Hertoghe MD

>> Gracia

>>

>>

>

>

>

> Iodine

• 4 months later...
Guest guest

I suspect its that hypos are too tired to clean up afterwards so they

really want to avoid the whole thing.

>

> well my husband would like me to have more sex hormones. so what's up

> with hypo's and sex hormones?

>

Guest guest

Oh, that is too funny!! But True. :-) It is good to have a sense of humor.

Venizia

> >

> > well my husband would like me to have more sex hormones. so what's up

> > with hypo's and sex hormones?

> >

>

• 4 years later...
Guest guest

Hi ,

This is such a good question. I've been feeling for some time that iodine affects estrogen (I certainly started feeling estrogen dominant after I took it). Going to check out the breast cancer choices website, but would love to know of any science (has Dr Brownstein studied this?) about it.

Thanks,

Lynda

Attachment: vcard [not shown]

Guest guest

Yes there is research. You will want to go to www.iodine4health.com and look at Eskin & Ghent's research.

Buist, ND

Re: Sex Hormones

Hi ,

This is such a good question. I've been feeling for some time that iodine affects estrogen (I certainly started feeling estrogen dominant after I took it). Going to check out the breast cancer choices website, but would love to know of any science (has Dr Brownstein studied this?) about it.

Thanks,

Lynda

Guest guest

Estrone .12mg, Estradiol .12mg, Estriol 1mg, Progesterone 25mg, DHEA 35mg, and

Testosterone 1mg. From what I read even bio-identical hormones estriol can

cause breast cancer and Endometriosis growing. Plus 0.5mg pig thyroid. I felt

great from Oct to Jan and then in Feb. I started having pain in my uterus. In

Jan 2011 my cycles started back and had not had one since March 2010. I give

the Dr. praise for finding out I had Endometriosis. I begged him to let me take

the estrogen part as a cream. My gut told me to take that part as a cream and

the Dr. said, trust me and do it my way. Then if it don't work we will try your

way. So I called and asked for my way and they said, not until you have this

$1500 test. So I am doing it my way. I stopped taking the bio-identical

hormones. I use the myrrh and progesterone cream and take the DHEA when I

remember. I have so many other pills to take. I am finding I need the higher

does of iron. At 72mg I am still dizzy in AM. Maybe I am taking the iron the

wrong time of day. Or maybe I should take half in AM and the other half in PM.

So by reading my prescription you can see I am estrogen Dominica, Dr Treacy of

, OK did not need to replace must estrogen. I am due for a blood test to

see what the hormones are doing. I will get that done once my hubby gets job

with insurance. Dr. Treacy is good at what he does, he is just stubborn and

wants it his way. Guess he forgot this is my body! I should have a say so in my

body. I am back up to 50mg a day. I don't feel sick anymore, just tired.

Deborah

> > >

> > > ,

> > > check the breastcancerchoices.org website. They have a lot of information

about

> > > iodine and hormones. And yes, if you have estrogen dominance you will have

> > > trouble with your weight. I had problems for ten years and my doctors just

said

> > > that is what happens when you turn 40. It wasn't until I got breast cancer

that

> > > I started seeing the connection. My hormones are now in balance and I no

longer

> > > have weight problems.

> > > Kathy

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > ________________________________

> > > From: Cochrane <juliemc9@>

> > > iodine

> > > Sent: Fri, June 3, 2011 6:41:44 AM

> > > Subject: Sex Hormones

> > >

> > >

> > > Can someone explain to me if iodine is meant to affect the sex hormones in

some

> > > way?

> > >

> > > Around September last year my progesterone was highish but I was

supplementing

> > > with progesterone cream and my estrogen was lowish but within range. Now

my

> > > estrogen is very high and my progesterone is almost zero, even though I'm

still

> > > using progesterone cream. I " m not sure why this is but would like to fix

it

> > > as I have some of the symptoms of estrogen dominance and am wondering if

this is

> > > why I haven't been able to lose weight, and have kept slowly putting it

on.

> > >

> > > It's been suggested I take DIM. Does anyone else use it and has it helped?

> > >

> > > Thanks,

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

I went and found the exact link for that research:

http://iodine4health.com/body/breast/eskin_ghent_breast.htm

>

> Yes there is research. You will want to go to www.iodine4health.com and look

at Eskin & Ghent's research.

>

> Buist, ND

>

>

> Re: Sex Hormones

>

>

>

>

> Hi ,

>

> This is such a good question. I've been feeling for some time that iodine

affects estrogen (I certainly started feeling estrogen dominant after I took

it). Going to check out the breast cancer choices website, but would love to

know of any science (has Dr Brownstein studied this?) about it.

>

> Thanks,

> Lynda

>

Guest guest

Mammary gland dysplasia in iodine deficiency. Studies in rats.

Eskin BA, Bartuska DG, Dunn MR, G, Dratman MB

JAMA. 1967 May 22;200(8):691-5.

" Iodine deficiency was found to enhance the response of rat breast tissues to

sex-hormone injections; the breast changes seen in the iodine-deficient rat were

clearly distinguishable from those induced by sex hormones in the hypothyroid

and in the euthyroid rat. Estrogen and testosterone administration to

iodine-deficient hypothyroid rats resulted in lesions which mimic human cystic

disease of the breast. Thus the present study suggests another physiologic

factor which may act to modify breast-sex steroid interactions. "

Great link you posted ! So last Oct. 2010 I am started on sex hormones

and pig thyroid. So I end up with a lump in my breast and active Endometriosis.

I am thankful to God I don't have insurance right now. Because I would not have

found this road of Iodine. This isn't new info. I was 7 years old. When I was

pregnant in 1991 and 1993 I was on a product called Matol KM from Canada. I

looked up ingredients and it contains 1mg of Iodine, but it was like $40 a

bottle and I only took it while pregnant. Hope that was enough.

Sorry this info. just blows me away!

Deborah

>

> Yes there is research. You will want to go to www.iodine4health.com and look

at Eskin & Ghent's research.

>

> Buist, ND

>

>

> Re: Sex Hormones

>

>

>

>

> Hi ,

>

> This is such a good question. I've been feeling for some time that iodine

affects estrogen (I certainly started feeling estrogen dominant after I took

it). Going to check out the breast cancer choices website, but would love to

know of any science (has Dr Brownstein studied this?) about it.

>

> Thanks,

> Lynda

>

Guest guest

Deb,Try taking the iron with lunch. Seems to work the best for me. Was the way my chiropractor suggested it. Not sure why it helps. I used to be nauseated by iron, especially in morning. Seems better with food.

I go high, low and extremely low on iron in my blood tests so no idea what makes that happen either but don't always need to supplement as a result.  PamOn Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 9:09 PM, D <defender@...> wrote:

Estrone .12mg, Estradiol .12mg, Estriol 1mg, Progesterone 25mg, DHEA 35mg, and Testosterone 1mg. From what I read even bio-identical hormones estriol can cause breast cancer and Endometriosis growing. Plus 0.5mg pig thyroid. I felt great from Oct to Jan and then in Feb. I started having pain in my uterus. In Jan 2011 my cycles started back and had not had one since March 2010. I give the Dr. praise for finding out I had Endometriosis. I begged him to let me take the estrogen part as a cream. My gut told me to take that part as a cream and the Dr. said, trust me and do it my way. Then if it don't work we will try your way. So I called and asked for my way and they said, not until you have this $1500 test. So I am doing it my way. I stopped taking the bio-identical hormones. I use the myrrh and progesterone cream and take the DHEA when I remember. I have so many other pills to take. I am finding I need the higher does of iron. At 72mg I am still dizzy in AM. Maybe I am taking the iron the wrong time of day. Or maybe I should take half in AM and the other half in PM. So by reading my prescription you can see I am estrogen Dominica, Dr Treacy of , OK did not need to replace must estrogen. I am due for a blood test to see what the hormones are doing. I will get that done once my hubby gets job with insurance. Dr. Treacy is good at what he does, he is just stubborn and wants it his way. Guess he forgot this is my body! I should have a say so in my body. I am back up to 50mg a day. I don't feel sick anymore, just tired.

Deborah

> > >

> > > ,

> > > check the breastcancerchoices.org website. They have a lot of information about

> > > iodine and hormones. And yes, if you have estrogen dominance you will have

> > > trouble with your weight. I had problems for ten years and my doctors just said

> > > that is what happens when you turn 40. It wasn't until I got breast cancer that

> > > I started seeing the connection. My hormones are now in balance and I no longer

> > > Kathy

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > iodine

> > >

> > >

> > > Can someone explain to me if iodine is meant to affect the sex hormones in some

> > > way?

> > >

> > > Around September last year my progesterone was highish but I was supplementing

> > > with progesterone cream and my estrogen was lowish but within range. Now my

> > > estrogen is very high and my progesterone is almost zero, even though I'm still

> > > using progesterone cream. I " m not sure why this is but would like to fix it

> > > as I have some of the symptoms of estrogen dominance and am wondering if this is

> > > why I haven't been able to lose weight, and have kept slowly putting it on.

> > >

> > > It's been suggested I take DIM. Does anyone else use it and has it helped?

> > >

> > > Thanks,

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Hi Deborah,You mentioned in your last post that you felt tired. I have discovered something that has helped me a lot with tiredness. This has even relieved me of total complete exhaustion. I use niacin. I open up a capsule and put it into juice or water. Sip a little at a time. As soon as a flush starts don't take any more until it is over and the effect has started to wear off. I notice within minutes after taking the niacin that my energy level improves and my mood elevates. The niacin is a mericle worker for me. Granted, the effect is only temporary but a 500 mg. capsule of niacin taken a little at a time can help me to feel better for several hours. I have read not to go over 500 mg. daily and I only use it on days I really need to. I shared this info with one other lady online and she got the same results and was so excited about it. The

non-flush variety will NOT work for this. It is the flush that produces the energy.I have ordered some iodine as I have been very impressed about what I have been reading from this group. I am excited to try that as well.Feel free to email me about any questions you may have on the use of the niacin. I also have serious issues with hormone imbalances so I can relate to what you are going though.Cheryl

On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 9:09 PM, D <defender@...> wrote:

Estrone .12mg, Estradiol .12mg, Estriol 1mg, Progesterone 25mg, DHEA 35mg, and Testosterone 1mg. From what I read even bio-identical hormones estriol can cause breast cancer and Endometriosis growing. Plus 0.5mg pig thyroid. I felt great from Oct to Jan and then in Feb. I started having pain in my uterus. In Jan 2011 my cycles started back and had not had one since March 2010. I give the Dr. praise for finding out I had Endometriosis. I begged him to let me take the estrogen part as a cream. My gut told me to take that part as a cream and the Dr. said, trust me and do it my way. Then if it don't work we will try your way. So I called and asked for my way and they said, not until you have this $1500 test. So I am doing it my way. I stopped taking the bio-identical hormones. I use the myrrh and progesterone cream and take the DHEA when I remember. I have so many other pills to take. I am finding I need the higher does of

iron. At 72mg I am still dizzy in AM. Maybe I am taking the iron the wrong time of day. Or maybe I should take half in AM and the other half in PM. So by reading my prescription you can see I am estrogen Dominica, Dr Treacy of , OK did not need to replace must estrogen. I am due for a blood test to see what the hormones are doing. I will get that done once my hubby gets job with insurance. Dr. Treacy is good at what he does, he is just stubborn and wants it his way. Guess he forgot this is my body! I should have a say so in my body. I am back up to 50mg a day. I don't feel sick anymore, just tired.

Deborah

> > >

> > > ,

> > > check the breastcancerchoices.org website. They have a lot of information about

> > > trouble with your weight. I had problems for ten years and my doctors just said

> > > that is what happens when you turn 40. It wasn't until I got breast cancer that

> > > I started seeing the connection. My hormones are now in balance and I no longer

> > > Kathy

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > iodine

> > >

> > >

> > > Can someone explain to me if iodine is meant to affect the sex hormones in some

> > > way?

> > >

> > > Around September last year my progesterone was highish but I was supplementing

> > > with progesterone cream and my estrogen was lowish but within range. Now my

> > > estrogen is very high and my progesterone is almost zero, even though I'm still

> > > using progesterone cream. I"m not sure why this is but would like to fix it

> > > as I have some of the symptoms of estrogen dominance and am wondering if this is

> > > why I haven't been able to lose weight, and have kept slowly putting it on.

> > >

> > >

> > > Thanks,

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

>