RemedySpot.com

question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Kathy, Thank you so much for responding to my e-mail request! That's a great web-site! I am soooo sick from this drugt! I want t o sue the drug company for not warning me of the dangers of withdrawl. I weaned myself off with my doctor in a three month period but am still as sick as the first week. I feel like I am going to be sick forever! So frustrated and just not fair!

From: <nancyhoney1>Subject: questionSSRI medicationsDate: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 11:16 PM

Hello all! I am new to this group and have a question to ask any of you. Please someone tell me how long it takes to get off the withdrawls of effexor????? !? I have been totally offf of this horrible drug now for 3 months and still I have all of the side effects! Am going crazy! We need a class-action suit against GSK!!!!! Thanks and much appreciated for your support!

Guest guest

Kathy, Thank you so much for responding to my e-mail request! That's a great web-site! I am soooo sick from this drugt! I want t o sue the drug company for not warning me of the dangers of withdrawl. I weaned myself off with my doctor in a three month period but am still as sick as the first week. I feel like I am going to be sick forever! So frustrated and just not fair!

From: <nancyhoney1>Subject: questionSSRI medicationsDate: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 11:16 PM

Hello all! I am new to this group and have a question to ask any of you. Please someone tell me how long it takes to get off the withdrawls of effexor????? !? I have been totally offf of this horrible drug now for 3 months and still I have all of the side effects! Am going crazy! We need a class-action suit against GSK!!!!! Thanks and much appreciated for your support!

Guest guest

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Terry, Thanks for responding to me! I was on Effexor for 6 years. Five of those years I was prescribed 225 mg. The last year I made my doctor go to 150 mg. Then we went down to 75 mg for a month then 37.5 mg for a month then I just stopped. It's been 3 months that I have been off of this sick drugand I still continue to feel extremely sick! I want to sue Glaxo--Kline so bad! There must be others who feel the same way and want to do something about what they have done to us all!!!!!?

From: & Terry Bearden <nandtbearden@...>Subject: RE: questionSSRI Medication Date: Thursday, July 24, 2008, 3:27 AM

Effexor is made by the pigs @ Wyeth.I'll let others speak about the years it can take to recover.Did you quit cold turkey or taper down?If you tapered down, how fast?How much were you on and for how long?Terry

Guest guest

Hi Terry, Thanks for responding to me! I was on Effexor for 6 years. Five of those years I was prescribed 225 mg. The last year I made my doctor go to 150 mg. Then we went down to 75 mg for a month then 37.5 mg for a month then I just stopped. It's been 3 months that I have been off of this sick drugand I still continue to feel extremely sick! I want to sue Glaxo--Kline so bad! There must be others who feel the same way and want to do something about what they have done to us all!!!!!?

From: & Terry Bearden <nandtbearden@...>Subject: RE: questionSSRI Medication Date: Thursday, July 24, 2008, 3:27 AM

Effexor is made by the pigs @ Wyeth.I'll let others speak about the years it can take to recover.Did you quit cold turkey or taper down?If you tapered down, how fast?How much were you on and for how long?Terry

Guest guest

Guest guest

Guest guest

Oh it is Wyeth not GlaxoSK? HMMMM well their all pigs for producing this shit and similar ones aswell! Is ther any class-action suits against them and if not...WHY NOT!!!!?

Guest guest

Oh it is Wyeth not GlaxoSK? HMMMM well their all pigs for producing this shit and similar ones aswell! Is ther any class-action suits against them and if not...WHY NOT!!!!?

Guest guest

Guest guest

Guest guest

Oooops sorry... wyeth gets the honors of making Effexor...well then ther should be many law suits against them for the horrible withdrawl effects of Effexor! I was on it for 6 years and five of them were prescribed at 225 mg. I took myself down to 150 mg for the last year and the weaned off at 37.5 mg every month. I have only been off of it for 3 months but I feel like total s...! Any help would be greatly appreciated! I was not taking anything else.

From: bryce_j_j <jeremybryce1953@...>Subject: Re: questionSSRI medications Date: Thursday, July 24, 2008, 1:26 AM

Hello NanceyBefore anyone could even attempt to answer your question you need toinform us how long you were on Effexor, what dose & over what length oftime you took from going from max Effexor to zero ?Were you & are you taking other psych drugs ?GSK dont make Effexor ...........that dubious honour falls to Wyeth>> Hello all! I am new to this group and have a question to ask any ofyou. Please someone tell me how long it takes to get off the withdrawlsof effexor????? !? I have been totally offf of this horrible drug now for3 months and still I have all of the side effects! Am going crazy! Weneed a class-action suit against GSK!!!!! Thanks and much appreciatedfor your

support!>

Guest guest

Oooops sorry... wyeth gets the honors of making Effexor...well then ther should be many law suits against them for the horrible withdrawl effects of Effexor! I was on it for 6 years and five of them were prescribed at 225 mg. I took myself down to 150 mg for the last year and the weaned off at 37.5 mg every month. I have only been off of it for 3 months but I feel like total s...! Any help would be greatly appreciated! I was not taking anything else.

From: bryce_j_j <jeremybryce1953@...>Subject: Re: questionSSRI medications Date: Thursday, July 24, 2008, 1:26 AM

Hello NanceyBefore anyone could even attempt to answer your question you need toinform us how long you were on Effexor, what dose & over what length oftime you took from going from max Effexor to zero ?Were you & are you taking other psych drugs ?GSK dont make Effexor ...........that dubious honour falls to Wyeth>> Hello all! I am new to this group and have a question to ask any ofyou. Please someone tell me how long it takes to get off the withdrawlsof effexor????? !? I have been totally offf of this horrible drug now for3 months and still I have all of the side effects! Am going crazy! Weneed a class-action suit against GSK!!!!! Thanks and much appreciatedfor your

support!>

Guest guest

support!>

Guest guest

support!>

Guest guest

What kind of sickness feelings are you

feeling. Like brain zaps, or nausua. Might help if you give us some ideas. You

did wean off to fast for as high as you were on and without any aids. I think

the homeopathy helped me tons. Could you look into homeopathy and find a dtr

to try and help you.

hugs

Micki

Health Eating and Living Together he2gether_/

My brother's online store check it out http://cardinalchristmas.com/

From: SSRI medications [mailto:SSRI medications ] On Behalf Of

Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2008

11:23 AM

SSRI medications

Subject: RE:

question

Thanks for responding. I have been so sick and I

have beeen off of it for three months already.!!! I feel like its never going

to end-all the pain and sickness I feel!

<mouster71sbcglobal (DOT) net>

Subject: RE: question

SSRI medications

Date: Thursday, July 24, 2008, 6:55 AM

Effexor is one you have to go very slowly. I found

homeopathy to help. I used rescue remedy, l-tyrptophan high,

arnica. I had my naturopath helping me wean off, because the shrink I

was seeing would of weaned me off much faster and not care about my

symptoms. I also suggest finding out what vitamins you are low in and

start taking those supplements to help raise them. This will help you a

lot on weaning off.

I was on 125 mgs of effexor and something else, it escapes my

mind. I started weaning in dec of 06 and was off everything the end of

march 07. I just opened the capsule and started cutting it down and

when I stopped I was taking one of those little tiny pills inside the

capsule. And even stopping that 1 little pill was so hard. When I

started exercising this year I think I was detoxing all my past

antidepressants and it was making me really sick. My naturopath advised

maybe a portable sauna to help and that did help lots!!!

I know everyone has what they feel is the best way, I feel slow

and easy and also building up the vitamins/minerals that you are low

in. Even if they come back in range but lower end you probably should

add those too. I was borderline anemic, in range but low vitamin D, low

in magnesium and I also suffer thyroid issues..

Hope some of this helps…

hgus

Micki

Health Eating and Living Together http://health.

groups.. com/group/ he2gether_ /

My brother's online store check it out http://cardinalchri

stmas.com/

[mailto: SSRI medications ] On

Behalf Of & amp; Terry Bearden

6:27 AM

SSRI Medication@ groups.

com

question

Effexor

is made by the pigs @ Wyeth.

I'll let others speak about the years it can take to recover.

Did you quit cold turkey or taper down?

If you tapered down, how fast?

How much were you on and for how long?

Terry

Guest guest

to try and help you.

hugs

Micki

SSRI medications

question

SSRI medications

lot on weaning off.

Hope some of this helps…

hgus

Micki

stmas.com/

SSRI Medication@ groups.

com

question

Effexor

Terry

Guest guest

to try and help you.

hugs

Micki

SSRI medications

question

SSRI medications

lot on weaning off.

Hope some of this helps…

hgus

Micki

stmas.com/

SSRI Medication@ groups.

com

question

Effexor

Terry

Guest guest

to try and help you.

hugs

Micki

SSRI medications

question

SSRI medications

lot on weaning off.

Hope some of this helps…

hgus

Micki

stmas.com/

SSRI Medication@ groups.

com

question

Effexor

Terry

Guest guest

Creel also has a group called withdrawal_and_recovery Withdrawal_and_Recovery/

Creel writes on 2006-06-27 01:17:26My area of expertise is the withdrawal and recovery from psychotropic drugs. What is being experienced here is not at all unusual for a person who has taken an SSRI. These effects can last a year or more especially if a person has discontinued the drug by doing any larger than 10% decreases placing enough time between these decreases to feel completely stable again.. The makers of these drugs do not share the facts about withdrawal. You cannot alter serotonin metabolism for that period of time and expect that things will go back to normal in a month or two. First, there is no going back to "normal". When a person takes a drug that inhibits reuptake, it causes structural alterations in the brain. The serotonin transport system becomes disabled by these drugs. It is the mechanism by which reuptake is inhibited. This does not revert to normal upon drug cessation. Next, some serotonin receptors are killed off to keep the person safe from too much serotonin caused by the inhibition of reuptake. Also of great consideration is the effects of an SSRI on all other neurotransmitters. The term "selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor" is often misconstrued to mean that these drugs affect only serotonin. This is not correct. Serotonin is considered to be the 'master' neurotransmitter. It governs most other neurotransmitters and hormones. When serotonin levels are altered, this alters all other neurotransmitters. The brain adapts to these alterations however it must (it always seeks homeostasis). When the drug is withdrawn, the chemistry has to deal with all these changes. The effects of a drug like this are profound. To fully appreciate these effects requires contemplating the function and effects of serotonin. People who are left in this position will exhibit what can be called "extended withdrawal symptoms" for quite some time. A good diet of whole foods and an aggressive full spectrum nutritional supplement protocol with additional magnesium, fish oil, trace minerals, and Vit C helps. Also of help is reducing stimulation. Psychotropic drugs adversely affect the autonomic nervous system. People often fail to recognize that bright lights, especially fluorescent lights, crowded,noisy places, television programs that have many sound effects (violent shows), and even driving an auto are found to be overly stimulating for people who have taken these drugs. As long as the overstimulation is occurring, healing is not possible. The bottom line -- whole foods, a high quality supplement protocol, and becoming more aware of being overly stimulated and acting to minimize this will help a person reduce the symptoms of extended withdrawal and recover sooner.

questionSSRI medications Date: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 11:16 PM

Guest guest

Creel writes on 2006-06-27 01:17:26My area of expertise is the withdrawal and recovery from psychotropic drugs. What is being experienced here is not at all unusual for a person who has taken an SSRI. These effects can last a year or more especially if a person has discontinued the drug by doing any larger than 10% decreases placing enough time between these decreases to feel completely stable again.. The makers of these drugs do not share the facts about withdrawal. You cannot alter serotonin metabolism for that period of time and expect that things will go back to normal in a month or two. First, there is no going back to "normal". When a person takes a drug that inhibits reuptake, it causes structural alterations in the brain. The serotonin transport system becomes disabled by these drugs. It is the mechanism by which reuptake is inhibited. This does not revert to normal upon drug cessation. Next, some serotonin receptors are killed off to keep the person safe from too much serotonin caused by the inhibition of reuptake. Also of great consideration is the effects of an SSRI on all other neurotransmitters. The term "selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor" is often misconstrued to mean that these drugs affect only serotonin. This is not correct. Serotonin is considered to be the 'master' neurotransmitter. It governs most other neurotransmitters and hormones. When serotonin levels are altered, this alters all other neurotransmitters. The brain adapts to these alterations however it must (it always seeks homeostasis). When the drug is withdrawn, the chemistry has to deal with all these changes. The effects of a drug like this are profound. To fully appreciate these effects requires contemplating the function and effects of serotonin. People who are left in this position will exhibit what can be called "extended withdrawal symptoms" for quite some time. A good diet of whole foods and an aggressive full spectrum nutritional supplement protocol with additional magnesium, fish oil, trace minerals, and Vit C helps. Also of help is reducing stimulation. Psychotropic drugs adversely affect the autonomic nervous system. People often fail to recognize that bright lights, especially fluorescent lights, crowded,noisy places, television programs that have many sound effects (violent shows), and even driving an auto are found to be overly stimulating for people who have taken these drugs. As long as the overstimulation is occurring, healing is not possible. The bottom line -- whole foods, a high quality supplement protocol, and becoming more aware of being overly stimulated and acting to minimize this will help a person reduce the symptoms of extended withdrawal and recover sooner.

Guest guest

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thanks Mikki-cute name by the way! I didn't know any other way to wean off. Is what my doctor said to do and then she said you'll just have to get through it after that! Great Doc huh. Yes, I have found a naturalpathic doc now but she is not doing much either. My symptoms are diareah, crampy stomach, major anxiety, can't sleep, feels like I can't breathe when I lay down...so wierd! Hot then freezing, crying spells, and aching all over my body.

From: micki <mouster71@sbcglobal .net>Subject: RE: questionSSRI medicationsDate: Thursday, July 24, 2008, 6:55 AM

Effexor is one you have to go very slowly. I found homeopathy to help. I used rescue remedy, l-tyrptophan high, arnica. I had my naturopath helping me wean off, because the shrink I was seeing would of weaned me off much faster and not care about my symptoms. I also suggest finding out what vitamins you are low in and start taking those supplements to help raise them. This will help you a lot on weaning off.

I was on 125 mgs of effexor and something else, it escapes my mind. I started weaning in dec of 06 and was off everything the end of march 07. I just opened the capsule and started cutting it down and when I stopped I was taking one of those little tiny pills inside the capsule. And even stopping that 1 little pill was so hard. When I started exercising this year I think I was detoxing all my past antidepressants and it was making me really sick. My naturopath advised maybe a portable sauna to help and that did help lots!!!

I know everyone has what they feel is the best way, I feel slow and easy and also building up the vitamins/minerals that you are low in. Even if they come back in range but lower end you probably should add those too. I was borderline anemic, in range but low vitamin D, low in magnesium and I also suffer thyroid issues..

Hope some of this helps…

hgus

Micki

Health Eating and Living Together http://health. groups.. com/group/ he2gether_ /

My brother's online store check it out http://cardinalchri stmas.com/

From: SSRI medications [mailto: SSRI medications ] On Behalf Of & amp; Terry BeardenSent: Thursday, July 24, 2008 6:27 AMSSRI MedicationSubject: RE: question