would be if she actually had something instead of a fever with no other

symptoms. It's a bummer to think that this is related to the darn fevers

too! This is so incredibly frustrating!

Carolyn

come see us at <http://theterrytribune.blogspot.com>

http://theterrytribune.blogspot.com

Guest guest

Carolyn,

I know how you feel. It can be very frustrating.

Watch to see how often she goes to the restroom. Also not sure how old she is

but little ones I been told have a habit of not releasing everything in their

bladder when they go ( in to big of a hurry). This can cause bacteria to grow in

the bladder and cause the first test will show higher white blood cell count but

the culture my come back clean. Holding urine in the bladder can cause the

bladder to spasm this is very painful.

Trudy

Carolyn <cterry@...> wrote:

We just had our daughter in the ER on Sunday morning because of severe

abdominal pain. She had vomited once on Saturday morning but then never got

the fever that I was sure was coming. Then very early Sunday morning she

woke up screaming that her belly hurt. We thought she was having an attack

of appendicitis. At the ER they did a urine test and found the white cell

count was just under what they would consider an infection. She also had

trace amounts of blood in her urine. We are now waiting for a culture to

come back to see if there really is an infection. I was thinking how nice it

would be if she actually had something instead of a fever with no other

symptoms. It's a bummer to think that this is related to the darn fevers

too! This is so incredibly frustrating!

Carolyn

come see us at <http://theterrytribune.blogspot.com>

http://theterrytribune.blogspot.com

Guest guest

As an adult considering accepting a offshore job the doctor wants to give me

a hepatitis B shot. I am completely against all vaccines but the doctor is

really riding me on this one.

From my reading I don't need it cause I don't do those things that causes

infection.

Have you any info on why I should or shouldn't agree to the shot?

===================================================

People who are at increased risk of being infected with the hepatitis B

virus include the following:

Men or women who have multiple sex partners, especially if they don't use a

condom

Men who have sex with men

Men or women who have sex with a person infected with HBV

People with other sexually transmitted diseases

People who inject drugs with shared needles

People who receive transfusions of blood or blood products

People who undergo dialysis for kidney disease

Institutionalized mentally handicapped people and their attendants and

family members

Health care workers who are stuck with needles or other sharp instruments

contaminated with infected blood

Infants born to infected mothers

You cannot get hepatitis B from the following activities:

Being sneezed or coughed on

Hugging

Handshaking

Breastfeeding

Eating food or drinking water

Casual contact (such as an office or social setting)

Guest guest

Just say no to hep B vaccines if you are already just saying no to intravenous

drug use and

promiscuous sex.

Andy

> As an adult considering accepting a offshore job the doctor wants to give me

> a hepatitis B shot. I am completely against all vaccines but the doctor is

> really riding me on this one.

>

>

> From my reading I don't need it cause I don't do those things that causes

> infection.

>

>

>

> Have you any info on why I should or shouldn't agree to the shot?

>

>

>

Guest guest

What does the doctor give for a reason that you need the shot? Also

you might try the idea some use of putting the issue back to the

doctor by telling him you will take the shot if he/the company will

sign a release taking full libality for ALL complication known now or

in the furture. This might work as I don't believe they will be

willing to sign. I do believe as a private company they can refuse

to hire you if it is a pre hire condition...You might beable to plead

a religious reason and then claim you are being discrimanated (?)

against. Again they may see this as a red flag and decide not to

hire you and just use another reason. Good Luck, Jan

>

>

>

> As an adult considering accepting a offshore job the doctor wants

to give me

> a hepatitis B shot. I am completely against all vaccines but the

doctor is

>

>

> From my reading I don't need it cause I don't do those things that

causes

> infection.

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ===================================================

>

>

> People who are at increased risk of being infected with the

hepatitis B

> virus include the following:

> Men or women who have multiple sex partners, especially if they

don't use a

> condom

> Men who have sex with men

> Men or women who have sex with a person infected with HBV

> People with other sexually transmitted diseases

> People who inject drugs with shared needles

> People who receive transfusions of blood or blood products

> People who undergo dialysis for kidney disease

> Institutionalized mentally handicapped people and their attendants

and

> family members

> Health care workers who are stuck with needles or other sharp

instruments

> contaminated with infected blood

> Infants born to infected mothers

> You cannot get hepatitis B from the following activities:

> Being sneezed or coughed on

> Hugging

> Handshaking

> Breastfeeding

> Eating food or drinking water

> Casual contact (such as an office or social setting)

>

Guest guest

What does the doctor give for a reason that you need the shot? Also

you might try the idea some use of putting the issue back to the

doctor by telling him you will take the shot if he/the company will

sign a release taking full libality for ALL complication known now or

in the furture. This might work as I don't believe they will be

willing to sign. I do believe as a private company they can refuse

to hire you if it is a pre hire condition...You might beable to plead

a religious reason and then claim you are being discrimanated (?)

against. Again they may see this as a red flag and decide not to

hire you and just use another reason. Good Luck, Jan

>

>

>

> As an adult considering accepting a offshore job the doctor wants

to give me

> a hepatitis B shot. I am completely against all vaccines but the

doctor is

>

>

> From my reading I don't need it cause I don't do those things that

causes

> infection.

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ===================================================

>

>

> People who are at increased risk of being infected with the

hepatitis B

> virus include the following:

> Men or women who have multiple sex partners, especially if they

don't use a

> condom

> Men who have sex with men

> Men or women who have sex with a person infected with HBV

> People with other sexually transmitted diseases

> People who inject drugs with shared needles

> People who receive transfusions of blood or blood products

> People who undergo dialysis for kidney disease

> Institutionalized mentally handicapped people and their attendants

and

> family members

> Health care workers who are stuck with needles or other sharp

instruments

> contaminated with infected blood

> Infants born to infected mothers

> You cannot get hepatitis B from the following activities:

> Being sneezed or coughed on

> Hugging

> Handshaking

> Breastfeeding

> Eating food or drinking water

> Casual contact (such as an office or social setting)

>

Guest guest

Since you have no intention of sharing a needle with a junkie or taking a daily roll in the hay with multiple partners, tell your doctor to stick the needle into a certain part of his anatomy where the sun ain't shining and show him this report:

http://www.909shot.com/history/newsletters/hepbnlr.htm

http://www.carcinogensexposed.com/Vaccine_Toxic_Ingredients.php

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2002/01/23/hepatitis-vaccine-part-three.aspx

Ingrid

As an adult considering accepting a offshore job the doctor wants to give me a hepatitis B shot. I am completely against all vaccines but the doctor is really riding me on this one.

From my reading I don't need it cause I don't do those things that causes infection.

People who are at increased risk of being infected with the hepatitis B virus include the following: Men or women who have multiple sex partners, especially if they don't use a condom Men who have sex with men Men or women who have sex with a person infected with HBV People with other sexually transmitted diseases People who inject drugs with shared needles People who receive transfusions of blood or blood products People who undergo dialysis for kidney disease Institutionalized mentally handicapped people and their attendants and family members Health care workers who are stuck with needles or other sharp instruments contaminated with infected blood Infants born to infected mothers You cannot get hepatitis B from the following activities: Being sneezed or coughed on Hugging Handshaking Breastfeeding Eating food or drinking water Casual contact (such as an office or social setting) __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3267 (20080714) __________The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.http://www.eset.com

Guest guest

More info:

http://www.visainfo.org.au/pages/04_Vaccines_and_Disease/Heidi%20White/HepatitisB_White.htm

Universal hepatitis B vaccination for all newborns is a policy that is based on convenience and opportunity, not need. This is quite evident from the fact that in Australia there are now two concurrent hepatitis B vaccination schedules. Babies born before May, 2000 are not required to have the vaccine until they are 10 –13 years old. If HBV infection was ever considered to be a real risk for children in Australia, then the NHMRC would be strongly recommending that the vaccine be given to all young children. Clearly this is not the case since it is currently recommended that the vaccine only be given to babies born after May 1st, 2000.1 This double standard, with regards to the two concurrent hepatitis B vaccination schedules, clearly demonstrates that children in low risk groups do not need the vaccine from infancy.CONTENTS OF THE HEPATITIS B VACCINES FOR YOUNG CHILDRENPaediatric Engerix-B™ - Kline Beecham (SKB):Hepatitis B surface antigen protein 10mcgAluminium hydroxide 0.25mg, *Thiomersal 0.005% = 25mcg, Sodium Chloride 0.9% to 0.5mL. (*Note: Engerix-B is now also available as a thiomersal free formulation.) Paediatric “preservative free” H-B-VAX II™ - Merck Sharp & Dohme (MSD):Hepatitis B surface antigen protein 5mcgAluminium hydroxide 0.25mg, Formaldehyde solution 0.5 – 10mcgBorax 35mcg, Potassium Thiocyanate 0.05 – 0.25mcg, Sodium Chloride 0.9% to 0.5mLInfanrix-HepB™ - (SKB):Hepatitis B surface antigen protein 10mcg Diphtheria toxoid 25 Lf, tetanus toxoid 10 Lf, pertussis toxoid 25mcg, pertussis filamentous haemagglutinin 25mcg, pertactin 8mcgAluminium hydroxide 0.5mg and aluminium phosphate 0.2mg, Formaldehyde <1mcg, Phenoxyethanol 2.5mcg (used as a preservative), Sodium chloride 0.9% to 0.5mLPreservative free Comvax™ - (MSD):Hepatitis B surface antigen protein 5mcgPurified capsular polysaccharide (PRP) of the Ross Haemophilus influenzae type b strain 7.5mcg conjugated to meningococcal protein 125mcg (OMPC)Aluminium 0.225mg (as Aluminium hydroxide), Borax 35mcg (used as a pH stabiliser), Sodium Chloride 0.9% to 0.5mLThe hepatitis B vaccine in use today is a recombinant (genetically engineered) DNA vaccine. It contains a small portion of the HBV and does not contain the whole live virus (unlike MMR or oral polio vaccines). It is therefore classed as being a “non-infectious” type of vaccine. It is made by harvesting the surface antigen (HBsAg) of the HBV that is produced from cultures of yeast cells (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) which have been genetically engineered to contain the relevant HBsAg gene.17 Hypersensitivity to yeast is listed as a contraindication to the hepatitis B vaccine.20Engerix-B contains a preservative called thiomersal (also known as thimerosal) that has been used since the 1930’s to prevent bacterial contamination in many common vaccines (eg DTPw, DT, tetanus, Hep B, Hib, Influenza). Thiomersal is a compound that is 50% by weight mercury.33 Mercury is a heavy metal that is easily able to cross the placenta and the blood-brain barrier to reach brain tissue.34 Mercury levels have been shown to significantly increase after vaccination with a hepatitis B vaccine containing thiomersal, especially in premature infants.35 There have been reports of severe mental and neurological impairment occurring in children exposed to mercury in-utero (during pregnancy).36,37 It would appear that an infant is most sensitive to the neurotoxic effects of mercury during the pre and post-natal periods when processes of neuronal cell division and development are very active. Neurotoxic effects can range from cerebral palsy, hearing loss, visual impairment, ataxia (loss of muscle co-ordination) to mental retardation.34,38 Subtle developmental delays (with motor function, language and memory) have even been found to occur in children prenatally exposed to levels of mercury previously thought to be “safe”.39 Therefore common sense would suggest that the only “safe” level of mercury exposure in infants is nil. Research is also currently looking into the potential for neurotoxic chemicals, such as lead and methylmercury, to induce neurobehavioural problems such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).40There is strong evidence that heavy metals such as mercury and gold can induce auto-immune disease in humans and experimental animals (rats and mice).41 Mercury compounds are thought to act as an environmental trigger, strongly stimulating auto-antibody production and the differentiation of auto-reactive T cells towards a pathogenic pathway that leads to the development of auto-immune disease in genetically susceptible individuals.42,43There is also evidence that low levels of exposure to mercury compounds can be toxic to the human immune system, causing death of T-cell lymphocytes (white blood cells).44 Mercury has also been shown to affect the immune system by increasing levels of the IgE antibody.45 IgE antibodies are known to be increased in people with asthma, allergies, hayfever and ezcema.46 Acute exacerbations of atopic dermatitis (eczema) in infants, ages ranging from 7 to 28 months, has been reported to occur 2-10 days after vaccination with thiomersal containing vaccines. These infants all tested positive to patch tests that demonstrated hypersensitivity to thiomersal.47 Severe skin hypersensitivity reactions attributed to thiomersal allergy have also been reported specifically following hepatitis B vaccination.48,49In July 1999, the CDC in the USA announced that they have asked vaccine manufacturers to remove thiomersal from all vaccines as soon as possible, due to the theoretical risk that young babies may receive a level of mercury from vaccines that is above the “safe” limit.50 So in response to this mandate the manufacturer SKB has formulated a “preservative free” hepatitis B vaccine (H-B-VAX II) for newborn babies. This all sounds very nice, but if parents read the list of ingredients they will notice that the vaccine contains far more than just HBsAg and could hardly be described as being non-toxic and “safe”. Aluminium has no clear biological role in the human body and may take many years to be eliminated.51 It is used in many vaccines as an adjuvant, allowing for high antibody levels to be obtained by using a minimal dose of the antigen and a reduced number of inoculations.52 The HBsAg particles are absorbed onto aluminium hydroxide gel which stimulates a stronger immune response than if free antigen was used alone. The aluminum adjuvant also has the effect of acting like a “depot” which allows the antigen stimulus to persist for longer in the body. Aluminium, like mercury, is a heavy metal that may also be capable of triggering auto-immune disease.43 Furthermore, many studies have shown that aluminum adjuvants strongly induce the production of the IgE antibody in mice,53-56 rats,57,58 guinea pigs,59 as well as humans.60-63 It does this by stimulating the immune system to produce an exaggerated Th2 response (T helper cell type 2) that acts to promote the synthesis of IgE antibodies by B cells.64-67 As mentioned previously, IgE antibodies are increased in individuals with atopic diseases such as eczema, hayfever or asthma. It has therefore been proposed that vaccines, especially those containing aluminium adjuvants (such as tetanus,53,55,56,59,60,68 DT61,63,69-71, DTPa or DTPw,58,62,72-75 Hib, Hib-HepB, Hep B or DTPa-HepB), may be an environmental factor that has contributed to the large increase in rates of atopic diseases over the last 30 years.59,76-78 Allergy or sensitization to aluminium has also been shown to occur after repeated exposure to DTP vaccines.79,80 Aluminium is readily transported into brain tissue81 and is well known to be a neurotoxic substance in animals and humans.82-84 Aluminium may be retained in the brain for prolonged periods suggesting that accumulation may occur with repeated exposure.84 Injection of aluminium into animals has been shown to produce behavioural, neuropathological and neurochemical changes partially similar to Alzheimer’s disease.84 Long-term impairment of neurological development in premature infants has been associated with exposure to aluminium contained in intravenous feeding solutions. The study showed that an increase in exposure to aluminium increased the risk of decreased mental development, with the potential to contribute to future educational problems.85 Post vaccination granuloma is a vaccine reaction caused by aluminium adjuvants, in which chronically inflamed nodules develop under the skin surface at the site of the injection.86,87The use of aluminium adjuvants in vaccines is increasingly coming under question by scientists.88 In recent years, aluminium from vaccines has been linked with “macrophagic myofasciitis” (MMF), an emerging clinical condition that was first reported in the medical literature in 1998.89 The spate of recent cases of MMF in France might be explained by the governments decision to vaccinate nearly 40 million adults with the hepatitis B vaccine several years ago.Patients with MMF complain of widely spread myalgia (sore muscles), arthralgia (sore joints), muscle weakness, fever and fatigue. Muscle biopsies from patients with MMF have showed unusual tightly packed aggregations of macrophages (large cells that cleanse the body by engulfing and killing foreign material).89 Interestingly, the macrophages contained high amounts of aluminium, even though serum aluminium levels were normal, suggesting an impaired ability to clear aluminium from the deltoid muscle.90 Measurable quantities of aluminium have been shown to remain at the vaccine injection site for periods of up to 8 years in some patients.88 The site of the muscle biopsy is important for demonstrating the typical pathological features that will influence the correct diagnosis of MMF. There has been a report of a 45-year-old female patient who, having had a negative biopsy of the right deltoid (upper arm), then had a positive muscle biopsy in the left deltoid, the same side that was previously injected with the hepatitis B vaccine. Likewise, her 11-year-old son who was also diagnosed with MMF gave a positive muscle biopsy result from the same side (left deltoid) that had been injected with hepatitis B vaccine. Because MMF is a very rare condition the occurrence in 2 close family members strongly suggests that a genetic predisposition may exist in some individuals.91Of even further controversy is the observation that a sizeable portion (9%) of the patients diagnosed with MMF also developed clinical symptoms and had MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) findings that were definitive of multiple sclerosis (MS).92 Aluminium containing vaccines (hepatitis B and/or tetanus) had been administered from 15 days to 4 years before symptoms of myalgia had begun. CNS symptoms started from 3 months to 5 years after vaccination. Aluminium adjuvants in vaccines may be a common predisposing environmental factor leading to the development of MMF and MS in some individuals. MMF is also occasionally associated with other autoimmune disorders such as systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), rheumatoid arthritis and Hashimoto’s thyroiditis.89 The authors believe that these findings should be taken into account with the recent and controversial debate that hepatitis B vaccine may be a cause of MS. They conclude by suggesting that deltoid muscle biopsy should be performed in MS patients with mylagias to look for myopathological changes suggestive of MMF.92The replacement of aluminium with less harmful adjuvants continues to be investigated by vaccine researchers.93-95 Formaldehyde is a widely used chemical in pressed wood products, disinfectants and as a fixative to preserve tissues (eg embalming of bodies). During the manufacture of the hepatitis B vaccine, antigen particles are treated with formaldehyde during the sterilization process before they are adsorbed onto aluminium hydroxide. Formaldehyde is a known carcinogen and is thought to be a cause of some types of cancer.96,97 Exposure to formaldehyde vapour can cause symptoms such as skin rash, headaches, nose bleeds, fatigue, cough, burning eyes and IgE-mediated sensitization.98 Hypersensitivity to formaldehyde has also been associated with eczema in haemodialysis patients.99 Phenoxyethanol is used as a preservative in Infanrix (DTPa) and Infanrix-HepB (DTPa-Hep B) vaccines. There has been a report of generalized eczema occurring in an 18-month-old boy attributable to phenoxyethanol contained in a DTP vaccine.100 Once sensitisation to vaccine allergens such as thiomersal, aluminium, formaldehyde and phenoxyethanol has occurred, re-exposure to only minute quantities of the allergen is enough to be able to trigger an allergic reaction or cause exacerbations of IgE mediated diseases such as asthma or eczema. Sensitisation to vaccines is demonstrated by the observation that the rate and severity of local reactions (eg red, painful swelling of the entire injected limb with DTPa) increases with each successive dose.101,102 Parents need to seriously consider whether they should consent for their baby to be injected with a vaccine containing toxic and potentially damaging ingredients. It is known that an infant’s immune and neurological systems are not fully developed. There is concern that babies (especially premature) are vulnerable to damage to the nerves in the brain, since at birth relatively few nerve pathways have a “myelin sheath”. Myelin is a fatty substance that coats the nerve fibers and acts as insulation and as a protective covering. The myelin helps to confine the electrical impulses along the nerve fiber and allows the impulses to travel much more quickly. The process of “myelination” (laying down of myelin) in the human brain continues from before birth until adulthood. Vaccination exposes unprotected nerves (especially in young infants) to damage from toxic ingredients such as aluminium, mercury and foreign proteins. Vaccination may also cause “demyelination” (destruction of existing myelin) or prevent normal myelination of nerves. From one degree to another, this can have long lasting effects on neurological development and on patterns of learning and behaviour.It is well known that vaccines (especially DTP) can cause seizures, acute encephalopathy (degenerative disease of the brain) and permanent brain damage. If this is the case, then it is also possible that vaccines may cause a mild or sub-acute form of encephalopathy that could manifest itself in various neurological conditions such as epilepsy, autism or ADHD.So what evidence is there to suggest that the hepatitis B vaccine DOES NOT have the potential to contribute to the development of neurological and immune system diseases? Long-term studies assessing the adverse effects of hepatitis B vaccine in newborns is an area of vaccine research that is greatly lacking.SIDE EFFECTS OF THE HEPATITIS B VACCINE Parents can be expected to be told by vaccination providers (usually a midwife or doctor) that the hepatitis B vaccine may cause reactions such as low grade fever, soreness, redness and swelling, nausea, feeling unwell and joint pain.1 But what parents are not told is that infants and young children have a much greater chance of experiencing a severe adverse reaction to hepatitis B vaccine than they ever will of contacting the HBV. Parents have the right to be informed that these reactions can include things such as:- anaphylaxis (a life threatening allergic reaction)103- severe skin rashes or eruptions such as erythema multiforma17 or lichen planus104 (bluish purple flat skin lesions lasting from 6 months to 2 years)- transient liver dysfunction.105 - thrombocytopenia purpura, (an autoimmune disorder that leads to destruction of platelets and bleeding into the skin, characterized by small red spots called “petechia”).106-108- pancytopenia (insufficient production of red and white blood cells from bone marrow; also known as aplastic anaemia)109-chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) or myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME) (symptoms such as exhaustion, muscle fatigue, aches, co-ordination and balance problems or memory loss).110,111- reactive arthritis (joint symptoms such as swelling, pain and stiffness lasting for many months)112 - vascular diseases such as vasculitis (inflammation of blood vessels)113 or Churg-Strauss vasculitis (where development of asthma and/or sinus problems often precedes evidence of vasculitis and eosinophilia)114-glomerulonephritis (inflammation in the kidneys).103,115- hair loss116,117Auto-immune disorders118 Type 1 juvenile diabetes mellitus (insulin dependant diabetes mellitus – IDDM)119,120 Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)103 (a systemic disease in which many tissues and cells in the body are damaged by pathogenic auto-antibodies and immune complexes.) Sjögren’s syndrome (destruction of exocrine glands causing dry eyes, dry mouth, dry cough; often associated with rheumatoid arthritis)121rheumatoid arthritis.122,123 Research as shown that hepatitis B vaccination may be more likely to trigger the development of rheumatoid arthritis in individuals with a genetic susceptibility.124,125 Most recently, Fisher et al (2001) found that in children less than 6 years of age, arthritis was up to 6 times more likely to occur in those who had received hepatitis B vaccine (OR = 5.91).126.Otitis media (acute ear infection) and pharyngitis/nasopharyngitis126, loss of vision127,128 hearing loss129 and tinnitus (ringing in the ears).17,129Peripheral nervous system (PNS) demyelinating diseases- paralysis17 - Bell’s palsy (involves the facial nerve causing droopy eyelid and muscle paralysis on one side of the face)17- Guillain-Barre syndrome (GBS) (also known as “acute inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy”, causing acute generalised weakness of muscles.)130-133Central nervous system (CNS) demyelinating diseases - Encephalopathy (degenerative disease of the brain)17- Transverse myelitis (inflammation of the spinal cord causing paralysis)134Multiple sclerosis (MS)135-143 is a condition characterised by chronic encephalitis (brain inflammation) and CNS demyelination (encephalopathy) visualised on MRI scans. MS may cause many symptoms ranging from: fatigue, weakness in limbs, ataxia (loss of muscle coordination), spasticity, visual blurring (from optic neuritis), diplopia (double vision), parasthesia (abnormal neurological sensations such as tingling, “pins and needles”, burning), hypoaesthesia (numbness), dysarthria (difficulty speaking), vertigo (dizziness), cognitive dysfunction (eg memory loss, impaired attention), bladder or bowel dysfunction (eg incontinence, constipation). MS usually follows a “multiphasic” course where symptoms manifest as recurrent attacks (relapses) of neurological dysfunction followed by complete or partial remissions. Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis (ADEM)139,144 is a rare condition of sudden onset that is clinically very similar to MS occurring most commonly following an acute viral infection (eg measles, chickenpox) or vaccination (eg rabies, smallpox, measles). Unlike MS, ADEM is an acute disease having a “monophasic” course that is generally of a self-limiting nature. But relapses may occur, making it very difficult to distinguish from MS. Severe cases may cause fever, headache, lethargy progressing to coma, seizures, hemiparesis (paralysis affecting one side of the body), quadriparesis (paralysis affecting all four limbs), meningismus (irritation to the meninges, the layers surrounding the brain and spinal cord) and may lead to permanent neurological disability or death. - Optic neuritis (ON)130,139,145,146, a demyelinating disease of the optic nerve causing visual blurring through to blindness. ON is frequently found in patients with ADEM and MS.- Symptoms suggestive of neurological involvement such as prolonged screaming, an abnormal cry, agitation, apnoea (where breathing stops for prolonged periods), acute cerebellar ataxia147 (loss of muscle co-ordination), visual disturbances, convulsions, tremors, twitches, hypotonia, hypertonia, abnormal sensations, stupor, drowsiness, dizziness, neck rigidity, confusion, headache and oculogyric crisis (circular movements of the eyeballs).148- Neonatal death (usually written off as “SIDS”).149It should be noted that the ACTUAL number of serious adverse events and deaths due to hepatitis B vaccine is likely to be many times higher than the official numbers REPORTED. This is done in Australia through the “Adverse Drug Reactions Advisory Committee” (ADRAC) and in the USA through the “Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System” (VAERS). ADRAC and VAERS are both “passive” systems of reporting adverse events to vaccines.150 A passive system has a gross under-reporting of events compared to an “active” (mandatory) system of surveillance, as would be used in controlled studies. It has been estimated that as little as 1% to 10% of adverse effects are ACTUALLY reported by doctors. Reasons for under-reporting can range from apathy, lack of time to file the report to the health authorities, to lack of awareness that the reaction could possibly be linked to the administration of the vaccine. In October 1998 the French government suspended use of hepatitis B vaccine for school children after repeated reports of autoimmune and neurological reactions. 15,000 French citizens have filed a lawsuit against the French government accusing it of understating the vaccine’s risks and exaggerating the benefits for the average person.151 The courts have found in favour of many of these vaccine injuries.152Yet any suggestion that hepatitis B vaccine is responsible for being a cause of serious disorders such as MS or SIDS is always greeted with a typical response from vaccine manufacturers and government policy makers: Deny any causal association between case reports of serious adverse events and the vaccine.149,153 Vaccine manufacturers have a huge financial interest in promoting the widespread use of vaccines. Any “vaccine scare” has the potential to pose a serious threat to their profits. So it is obvious that their opinions and “research” will always be heavily biased in favour of the “safety” of the vaccine. Biased researchers can easily manipulate statistics and use certain types of study methods that may mask any possible causal association between serious adverse events and the vaccine. While the CDC and vaccine manufacturers such as Merck and Kline Beecham acknowledge that numerous case reports have demonstrated a “temporal association” (in relation to the timing of onset of disease following vaccination) between hepatitis B vaccination and MS, they will not accept that this also means that there is a “causal relationship”.8,140,153 In other words, it has become very easy for them to write off the many case reports of serious adverse events as occurring simply by “chance alone” and are therefore only “coincidental”. They therefore feel justified to constantly re-assure the public that vaccines are “safe” and that “the benefits outweigh the risks”.Groups such as the CDC who vigorously promote hepatitis B vaccination have claimed that there is “no scientific evidence” to suggest that hepatitis B vaccine is a cause of MS. Their blatant bias and the need to maintain public confidence in government sponsored vaccination programmes have led them to come to this conclusion based on three epidemiological studies.154-156 This opinion is held in spite of the fact that the results of another three case-control studies reported an increased risk of MS after hepatitis B vaccination.141-143 Numerous case reports in the medical literature have also shown a strong temporal association.135-140 There are even case reports of similar symptoms of MS recurring within weeks of individuals receiving all three consecutive shots of the vaccine.137,139 How much “coincidence” does one need before health authorities acknowledge that such a strong temporal association does indeed also indicate a causal association? And there are still more questions and issues that have not yet been addressed. For example; cases of acute disseminated encephalomyelitis (ADEM), a condition very similar to MS, have occurred following hepatitis B vaccination; the same cases that have been later reclassified as MS after further relapses occurred.139,144 There is a fine line when distinguishing ADEM from the first episode of MS.157 Schwarz et al found that 35% of adult patients initially diagnosed with ADEM later developed clinically definite MS over an observed period of 3 years.158 ADEM is well known to occur following vaccination, and is thought to be caused by an auto-immune reaction to myelin proteins in the brain triggered by exogenous antigen (from vaccines or virus).157 In fact, ADEM and MS are considered to be clinical counterparts to “experimental allergic encephalomyelitis” (EAE), also known as “experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis”, a condition that is induced in laboratory rats and mice by vaccines.158 EAE has most notably been induced with pertussis vaccine.159Optic Neuritis (ON), a CNS demyelinating disease of the optic nerve in the eye, has also occurred following hepatitis B vaccine. 130,139,145,146 Acute bacterial or viral infections and/or vaccination often shortly precede the development of ON. It has been reported that from about 20% to 50% of children with ON will later developed MS.146,160,161 Since cases of ADEM, MS and ON have been reported following the use of hepatitis B vaccine, research should now focus on seeing if this vaccine is also capable of inducing EAE in laboratory animals. As previously mentioned, the other anomaly that needs further investigation is the interesting association between the high proportion of macrophagic myofasciitis (MMF) cases (9%) that also develop MS.92 MMF has been linked by the WHO to vaccines that contain aluminium, most notably the hepatitis B vaccine.90 Therefore these findings should also be taken into account in the debate surrounding hepatitis B vaccine and MS.92 Biologically plausible mechanisms add weight to the many case reports of MS associated with hepatitis B vaccine, providing further evidence for a positive causal association. “Molecular mimicry” is one such hypothesis. Autoimmunity is induced when a person's own immune system makes a “mistake” and confuses one of the body's own proteins (auto-antigen) for a foreign protein (antigen). According to the model of molecular mimicry, the immune system is stimulated to attack, via auto-reactive T cells and/or auto-antibodies, it’s own protein (self or auto-antigen) that has been copied or “mimicked” by the foreign protein through the sharing of similar immunological epitopes (sites on the surface of an antigen molecule to which a single antibody molecule binds).162,163Viral antigens have been identified as foreign proteins capable of inducing autoimmunity, via the process of molecular mimicry. The hepatitis B vaccine contains an exact replica of a protein antigen found on the surface of the HBV, and has sequences of protein polypeptides that are also present in neurological tissues such as myelin.164,165 Therefore when the immune system is signaled to recognize and destroy protein sequences found in HBsAg, it can also recognize a similar sequence of peptides found in proteins contained in myelin tissue and will act to destroy it. Demyelination of the myelin sheath then occurs, breaking it down to expose the nerve axon resulting in neurological dysfunction. It would appear that sub-populations of people with a particular genetic makeup are going to be susceptible to developing autoimmune disorders from the hepatitis B vaccine.162It has also been recognised that HBV infection can be associated with cases of demyelinating diseases including transverse myelitis166, optic neuritis167,168, chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (CIDP)169-171 and Guillain-Barre syndrome (GBS).171 It has been proposed that HBsAg-immune complexes that deposit in the neuronal tissue may play a role in causing conditions characterized by demyelinating neuropathy.169-171. If the HBV is able to cause autoimmunity, is it not feasible that the hepatitis B vaccine would also be capable of inducing autoimmune diseases?172 CONCLUSIONIt would appear that the real risk of having a severe adverse reaction (in the short and long term) would have to greatly outweigh any possible benefit that the hepatitis B vaccine has to offer. The old cliché “the benefits outweigh the risks” can in no way be applied to the use of hepatitis B vaccine in the majority of neonates. The only party likely to benefit from a policy of universal hepatitis B vaccination is vaccine manufacturers with the annual generation of massive profits. However it is little babies and their parents who may end up paying a very high price with chronic health problems, permanent disability, and possibly even death.Further information on hepatitis B vaccine can also be found at:http://www.avn.org.au,http://www.ias.org.nz,http://www.909shot.com or

Since you have no intention of sharing a needle with a junkie or taking a daily roll in the hay with multiple partners, tell your doctor to stick the needle into a certain part of his anatomy where the sun ain't shining and show him this report:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2002/01/23/hepatitis-vaccine-part-three.aspx

Ingrid

As an adult considering accepting a offshore job the doctor wants to give me a hepatitis B shot. I am completely against all vaccines but the doctor is really riding me on this one.

From my reading I don't need it cause I don't do those things that causes infection.

People who are at increased risk of being infected with the hepatitis B virus include the following: Men or women who have multiple sex partners, especially if they don't use a condom Men who have sex with men Men or women who have sex with a person infected with HBV People with other sexually transmitted diseases People who inject drugs with shared needles People who receive transfusions of blood or blood products People who undergo dialysis for kidney disease Institutionalized mentally handicapped people and their attendants and family members Health care workers who are stuck with needles or other sharp instruments contaminated with infected blood Infants born to infected mothers You cannot get hepatitis B from the following activities: Being sneezed or coughed on Hugging Handshaking Breastfeeding Eating food or drinking water Casual contact (such as an office or social setting)__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3267 (20080714) __________The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.http://www.eset.com __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3267 (20080714) __________The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.http://www.eset.com

Guest guest

More info:

http://www.visainfo.org.au/pages/04_Vaccines_and_Disease/Heidi%20White/HepatitisB_White.htm

Universal hepatitis B vaccination for all newborns is a policy that is based on convenience and opportunity, not need. This is quite evident from the fact that in Australia there are now two concurrent hepatitis B vaccination schedules. Babies born before May, 2000 are not required to have the vaccine until they are 10 –13 years old. If HBV infection was ever considered to be a real risk for children in Australia, then the NHMRC would be strongly recommending that the vaccine be given to all young children. Clearly this is not the case since it is currently recommended that the vaccine only be given to babies born after May 1st, 2000.1 This double standard, with regards to the two concurrent hepatitis B vaccination schedules, clearly demonstrates that children in low risk groups do not need the vaccine from infancy.CONTENTS OF THE HEPATITIS B VACCINES FOR YOUNG CHILDRENPaediatric Engerix-B™ - Kline Beecham (SKB):Hepatitis B surface antigen protein 10mcgAluminium hydroxide 0.25mg, *Thiomersal 0.005% = 25mcg, Sodium Chloride 0.9% to 0.5mL. (*Note: Engerix-B is now also available as a thiomersal free formulation.) Paediatric “preservative free” H-B-VAX II™ - Merck Sharp & Dohme (MSD):Hepatitis B surface antigen protein 5mcgAluminium hydroxide 0.25mg, Formaldehyde solution 0.5 – 10mcgBorax 35mcg, Potassium Thiocyanate 0.05 – 0.25mcg, Sodium Chloride 0.9% to 0.5mLInfanrix-HepB™ - (SKB):Hepatitis B surface antigen protein 10mcg Diphtheria toxoid 25 Lf, tetanus toxoid 10 Lf, pertussis toxoid 25mcg, pertussis filamentous haemagglutinin 25mcg, pertactin 8mcgAluminium hydroxide 0.5mg and aluminium phosphate 0.2mg, Formaldehyde <1mcg, Phenoxyethanol 2.5mcg (used as a preservative), Sodium chloride 0.9% to 0.5mLPreservative free Comvax™ - (MSD):Hepatitis B surface antigen protein 5mcgPurified capsular polysaccharide (PRP) of the Ross Haemophilus influenzae type b strain 7.5mcg conjugated to meningococcal protein 125mcg (OMPC)Aluminium 0.225mg (as Aluminium hydroxide), Borax 35mcg (used as a pH stabiliser), Sodium Chloride 0.9% to 0.5mLThe hepatitis B vaccine in use today is a recombinant (genetically engineered) DNA vaccine. It contains a small portion of the HBV and does not contain the whole live virus (unlike MMR or oral polio vaccines). It is therefore classed as being a “non-infectious” type of vaccine. It is made by harvesting the surface antigen (HBsAg) of the HBV that is produced from cultures of yeast cells (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) which have been genetically engineered to contain the relevant HBsAg gene.17 Hypersensitivity to yeast is listed as a contraindication to the hepatitis B vaccine.20Engerix-B contains a preservative called thiomersal (also known as thimerosal) that has been used since the 1930’s to prevent bacterial contamination in many common vaccines (eg DTPw, DT, tetanus, Hep B, Hib, Influenza). Thiomersal is a compound that is 50% by weight mercury.33 Mercury is a heavy metal that is easily able to cross the placenta and the blood-brain barrier to reach brain tissue.34 Mercury levels have been shown to significantly increase after vaccination with a hepatitis B vaccine containing thiomersal, especially in premature infants.35 There have been reports of severe mental and neurological impairment occurring in children exposed to mercury in-utero (during pregnancy).36,37 It would appear that an infant is most sensitive to the neurotoxic effects of mercury during the pre and post-natal periods when processes of neuronal cell division and development are very active. Neurotoxic effects can range from cerebral palsy, hearing loss, visual impairment, ataxia (loss of muscle co-ordination) to mental retardation.34,38 Subtle developmental delays (with motor function, language and memory) have even been found to occur in children prenatally exposed to levels of mercury previously thought to be “safe”.39 Therefore common sense would suggest that the only “safe” level of mercury exposure in infants is nil. Research is also currently looking into the potential for neurotoxic chemicals, such as lead and methylmercury, to induce neurobehavioural problems such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).40There is strong evidence that heavy metals such as mercury and gold can induce auto-immune disease in humans and experimental animals (rats and mice).41 Mercury compounds are thought to act as an environmental trigger, strongly stimulating auto-antibody production and the differentiation of auto-reactive T cells towards a pathogenic pathway that leads to the development of auto-immune disease in genetically susceptible individuals.42,43There is also evidence that low levels of exposure to mercury compounds can be toxic to the human immune system, causing death of T-cell lymphocytes (white blood cells).44 Mercury has also been shown to affect the immune system by increasing levels of the IgE antibody.45 IgE antibodies are known to be increased in people with asthma, allergies, hayfever and ezcema.46 Acute exacerbations of atopic dermatitis (eczema) in infants, ages ranging from 7 to 28 months, has been reported to occur 2-10 days after vaccination with thiomersal containing vaccines. These infants all tested positive to patch tests that demonstrated hypersensitivity to thiomersal.47 Severe skin hypersensitivity reactions attributed to thiomersal allergy have also been reported specifically following hepatitis B vaccination.48,49In July 1999, the CDC in the USA announced that they have asked vaccine manufacturers to remove thiomersal from all vaccines as soon as possible, due to the theoretical risk that young babies may receive a level of mercury from vaccines that is above the “safe” limit.50 So in response to this mandate the manufacturer SKB has formulated a “preservative free” hepatitis B vaccine (H-B-VAX II) for newborn babies. This all sounds very nice, but if parents read the list of ingredients they will notice that the vaccine contains far more than just HBsAg and could hardly be described as being non-toxic and “safe”. Aluminium has no clear biological role in the human body and may take many years to be eliminated.51 It is used in many vaccines as an adjuvant, allowing for high antibody levels to be obtained by using a minimal dose of the antigen and a reduced number of inoculations.52 The HBsAg particles are absorbed onto aluminium hydroxide gel which stimulates a stronger immune response than if free antigen was used alone. The aluminum adjuvant also has the effect of acting like a “depot” which allows the antigen stimulus to persist for longer in the body. Aluminium, like mercury, is a heavy metal that may also be capable of triggering auto-immune disease.43 Furthermore, many studies have shown that aluminum adjuvants strongly induce the production of the IgE antibody in mice,53-56 rats,57,58 guinea pigs,59 as well as humans.60-63 It does this by stimulating the immune system to produce an exaggerated Th2 response (T helper cell type 2) that acts to promote the synthesis of IgE antibodies by B cells.64-67 As mentioned previously, IgE antibodies are increased in individuals with atopic diseases such as eczema, hayfever or asthma. It has therefore been proposed that vaccines, especially those containing aluminium adjuvants (such as tetanus,53,55,56,59,60,68 DT61,63,69-71, DTPa or DTPw,58,62,72-75 Hib, Hib-HepB, Hep B or DTPa-HepB), may be an environmental factor that has contributed to the large increase in rates of atopic diseases over the last 30 years.59,76-78 Allergy or sensitization to aluminium has also been shown to occur after repeated exposure to DTP vaccines.79,80 Aluminium is readily transported into brain tissue81 and is well known to be a neurotoxic substance in animals and humans.82-84 Aluminium may be retained in the brain for prolonged periods suggesting that accumulation may occur with repeated exposure.84 Injection of aluminium into animals has been shown to produce behavioural, neuropathological and neurochemical changes partially similar to Alzheimer’s disease.84 Long-term impairment of neurological development in premature infants has been associated with exposure to aluminium contained in intravenous feeding solutions. The study showed that an increase in exposure to aluminium increased the risk of decreased mental development, with the potential to contribute to future educational problems.85 Post vaccination granuloma is a vaccine reaction caused by aluminium adjuvants, in which chronically inflamed nodules develop under the skin surface at the site of the injection.86,87The use of aluminium adjuvants in vaccines is increasingly coming under question by scientists.88 In recent years, aluminium from vaccines has been linked with “macrophagic myofasciitis” (MMF), an emerging clinical condition that was first reported in the medical literature in 1998.89 The spate of recent cases of MMF in France might be explained by the governments decision to vaccinate nearly 40 million adults with the hepatitis B vaccine several years ago.Patients with MMF complain of widely spread myalgia (sore muscles), arthralgia (sore joints), muscle weakness, fever and fatigue. Muscle biopsies from patients with MMF have showed unusual tightly packed aggregations of macrophages (large cells that cleanse the body by engulfing and killing foreign material).89 Interestingly, the macrophages contained high amounts of aluminium, even though serum aluminium levels were normal, suggesting an impaired ability to clear aluminium from the deltoid muscle.90 Measurable quantities of aluminium have been shown to remain at the vaccine injection site for periods of up to 8 years in some patients.88 The site of the muscle biopsy is important for demonstrating the typical pathological features that will influence the correct diagnosis of MMF. There has been a report of a 45-year-old female patient who, having had a negative biopsy of the right deltoid (upper arm), then had a positive muscle biopsy in the left deltoid, the same side that was previously injected with the hepatitis B vaccine. Likewise, her 11-year-old son who was also diagnosed with MMF gave a positive muscle biopsy result from the same side (left deltoid) that had been injected with hepatitis B vaccine. Because MMF is a very rare condition the occurrence in 2 close family members strongly suggests that a genetic predisposition may exist in some individuals.91Of even further controversy is the observation that a sizeable portion (9%) of the patients diagnosed with MMF also developed clinical symptoms and had MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) findings that were definitive of multiple sclerosis (MS).92 Aluminium containing vaccines (hepatitis B and/or tetanus) had been administered from 15 days to 4 years before symptoms of myalgia had begun. CNS symptoms started from 3 months to 5 years after vaccination. Aluminium adjuvants in vaccines may be a common predisposing environmental factor leading to the development of MMF and MS in some individuals. MMF is also occasionally associated with other autoimmune disorders such as systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), rheumatoid arthritis and Hashimoto’s thyroiditis.89 The authors believe that these findings should be taken into account with the recent and controversial debate that hepatitis B vaccine may be a cause of MS. They conclude by suggesting that deltoid muscle biopsy should be performed in MS patients with mylagias to look for myopathological changes suggestive of MMF.92The replacement of aluminium with less harmful adjuvants continues to be investigated by vaccine researchers.93-95 Formaldehyde is a widely used chemical in pressed wood products, disinfectants and as a fixative to preserve tissues (eg embalming of bodies). During the manufacture of the hepatitis B vaccine, antigen particles are treated with formaldehyde during the sterilization process before they are adsorbed onto aluminium hydroxide. Formaldehyde is a known carcinogen and is thought to be a cause of some types of cancer.96,97 Exposure to formaldehyde vapour can cause symptoms such as skin rash, headaches, nose bleeds, fatigue, cough, burning eyes and IgE-mediated sensitization.98 Hypersensitivity to formaldehyde has also been associated with eczema in haemodialysis patients.99 Phenoxyethanol is used as a preservative in Infanrix (DTPa) and Infanrix-HepB (DTPa-Hep B) vaccines. There has been a report of generalized eczema occurring in an 18-month-old boy attributable to phenoxyethanol contained in a DTP vaccine.100 Once sensitisation to vaccine allergens such as thiomersal, aluminium, formaldehyde and phenoxyethanol has occurred, re-exposure to only minute quantities of the allergen is enough to be able to trigger an allergic reaction or cause exacerbations of IgE mediated diseases such as asthma or eczema. Sensitisation to vaccines is demonstrated by the observation that the rate and severity of local reactions (eg red, painful swelling of the entire injected limb with DTPa) increases with each successive dose.101,102 Parents need to seriously consider whether they should consent for their baby to be injected with a vaccine containing toxic and potentially damaging ingredients. It is known that an infant’s immune and neurological systems are not fully developed. There is concern that babies (especially premature) are vulnerable to damage to the nerves in the brain, since at birth relatively few nerve pathways have a “myelin sheath”. Myelin is a fatty substance that coats the nerve fibers and acts as insulation and as a protective covering. The myelin helps to confine the electrical impulses along the nerve fiber and allows the impulses to travel much more quickly. The process of “myelination” (laying down of myelin) in the human brain continues from before birth until adulthood. Vaccination exposes unprotected nerves (especially in young infants) to damage from toxic ingredients such as aluminium, mercury and foreign proteins. Vaccination may also cause “demyelination” (destruction of existing myelin) or prevent normal myelination of nerves. From one degree to another, this can have long lasting effects on neurological development and on patterns of learning and behaviour.It is well known that vaccines (especially DTP) can cause seizures, acute encephalopathy (degenerative disease of the brain) and permanent brain damage. If this is the case, then it is also possible that vaccines may cause a mild or sub-acute form of encephalopathy that could manifest itself in various neurological conditions such as epilepsy, autism or ADHD.So what evidence is there to suggest that the hepatitis B vaccine DOES NOT have the potential to contribute to the development of neurological and immune system diseases? Long-term studies assessing the adverse effects of hepatitis B vaccine in newborns is an area of vaccine research that is greatly lacking.SIDE EFFECTS OF THE HEPATITIS B VACCINE Parents can be expected to be told by vaccination providers (usually a midwife or doctor) that the hepatitis B vaccine may cause reactions such as low grade fever, soreness, redness and swelling, nausea, feeling unwell and joint pain.1 But what parents are not told is that infants and young children have a much greater chance of experiencing a severe adverse reaction to hepatitis B vaccine than they ever will of contacting the HBV. Parents have the right to be informed that these reactions can include things such as:- anaphylaxis (a life threatening allergic reaction)103- severe skin rashes or eruptions such as erythema multiforma17 or lichen planus104 (bluish purple flat skin lesions lasting from 6 months to 2 years)- transient liver dysfunction.105 - thrombocytopenia purpura, (an autoimmune disorder that leads to destruction of platelets and bleeding into the skin, characterized by small red spots called “petechia”).106-108- pancytopenia (insufficient production of red and white blood cells from bone marrow; also known as aplastic anaemia)109-chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) or myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME) (symptoms such as exhaustion, muscle fatigue, aches, co-ordination and balance problems or memory loss).110,111- reactive arthritis (joint symptoms such as swelling, pain and stiffness lasting for many months)112 - vascular diseases such as vasculitis (inflammation of blood vessels)113 or Churg-Strauss vasculitis (where development of asthma and/or sinus problems often precedes evidence of vasculitis and eosinophilia)114-glomerulonephritis (inflammation in the kidneys).103,115- hair loss116,117Auto-immune disorders118 Type 1 juvenile diabetes mellitus (insulin dependant diabetes mellitus – IDDM)119,120 Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)103 (a systemic disease in which many tissues and cells in the body are damaged by pathogenic auto-antibodies and immune complexes.) Sjögren’s syndrome (destruction of exocrine glands causing dry eyes, dry mouth, dry cough; often associated with rheumatoid arthritis)121rheumatoid arthritis.122,123 Research as shown that hepatitis B vaccination may be more likely to trigger the development of rheumatoid arthritis in individuals with a genetic susceptibility.124,125 Most recently, Fisher et al (2001) found that in children less than 6 years of age, arthritis was up to 6 times more likely to occur in those who had received hepatitis B vaccine (OR = 5.91).126.Otitis media (acute ear infection) and pharyngitis/nasopharyngitis126, loss of vision127,128 hearing loss129 and tinnitus (ringing in the ears).17,129Peripheral nervous system (PNS) demyelinating diseases- paralysis17 - Bell’s palsy (involves the facial nerve causing droopy eyelid and muscle paralysis on one side of the face)17- Guillain-Barre syndrome (GBS) (also known as “acute inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy”, causing acute generalised weakness of muscles.)130-133Central nervous system (CNS) demyelinating diseases - Encephalopathy (degenerative disease of the brain)17- Transverse myelitis (inflammation of the spinal cord causing paralysis)134Multiple sclerosis (MS)135-143 is a condition characterised by chronic encephalitis (brain inflammation) and CNS demyelination (encephalopathy) visualised on MRI scans. MS may cause many symptoms ranging from: fatigue, weakness in limbs, ataxia (loss of muscle coordination), spasticity, visual blurring (from optic neuritis), diplopia (double vision), parasthesia (abnormal neurological sensations such as tingling, “pins and needles”, burning), hypoaesthesia (numbness), dysarthria (difficulty speaking), vertigo (dizziness), cognitive dysfunction (eg memory loss, impaired attention), bladder or bowel dysfunction (eg incontinence, constipation). MS usually follows a “multiphasic” course where symptoms manifest as recurrent attacks (relapses) of neurological dysfunction followed by complete or partial remissions. Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis (ADEM)139,144 is a rare condition of sudden onset that is clinically very similar to MS occurring most commonly following an acute viral infection (eg measles, chickenpox) or vaccination (eg rabies, smallpox, measles). Unlike MS, ADEM is an acute disease having a “monophasic” course that is generally of a self-limiting nature. But relapses may occur, making it very difficult to distinguish from MS. Severe cases may cause fever, headache, lethargy progressing to coma, seizures, hemiparesis (paralysis affecting one side of the body), quadriparesis (paralysis affecting all four limbs), meningismus (irritation to the meninges, the layers surrounding the brain and spinal cord) and may lead to permanent neurological disability or death. - Optic neuritis (ON)130,139,145,146, a demyelinating disease of the optic nerve causing visual blurring through to blindness. ON is frequently found in patients with ADEM and MS.- Symptoms suggestive of neurological involvement such as prolonged screaming, an abnormal cry, agitation, apnoea (where breathing stops for prolonged periods), acute cerebellar ataxia147 (loss of muscle co-ordination), visual disturbances, convulsions, tremors, twitches, hypotonia, hypertonia, abnormal sensations, stupor, drowsiness, dizziness, neck rigidity, confusion, headache and oculogyric crisis (circular movements of the eyeballs).148- Neonatal death (usually written off as “SIDS”).149It should be noted that the ACTUAL number of serious adverse events and deaths due to hepatitis B vaccine is likely to be many times higher than the official numbers REPORTED. This is done in Australia through the “Adverse Drug Reactions Advisory Committee” (ADRAC) and in the USA through the “Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System” (VAERS). ADRAC and VAERS are both “passive” systems of reporting adverse events to vaccines.150 A passive system has a gross under-reporting of events compared to an “active” (mandatory) system of surveillance, as would be used in controlled studies. It has been estimated that as little as 1% to 10% of adverse effects are ACTUALLY reported by doctors. Reasons for under-reporting can range from apathy, lack of time to file the report to the health authorities, to lack of awareness that the reaction could possibly be linked to the administration of the vaccine. In October 1998 the French government suspended use of hepatitis B vaccine for school children after repeated reports of autoimmune and neurological reactions. 15,000 French citizens have filed a lawsuit against the French government accusing it of understating the vaccine’s risks and exaggerating the benefits for the average person.151 The courts have found in favour of many of these vaccine injuries.152Yet any suggestion that hepatitis B vaccine is responsible for being a cause of serious disorders such as MS or SIDS is always greeted with a typical response from vaccine manufacturers and government policy makers: Deny any causal association between case reports of serious adverse events and the vaccine.149,153 Vaccine manufacturers have a huge financial interest in promoting the widespread use of vaccines. Any “vaccine scare” has the potential to pose a serious threat to their profits. So it is obvious that their opinions and “research” will always be heavily biased in favour of the “safety” of the vaccine. Biased researchers can easily manipulate statistics and use certain types of study methods that may mask any possible causal association between serious adverse events and the vaccine. While the CDC and vaccine manufacturers such as Merck and Kline Beecham acknowledge that numerous case reports have demonstrated a “temporal association” (in relation to the timing of onset of disease following vaccination) between hepatitis B vaccination and MS, they will not accept that this also means that there is a “causal relationship”.8,140,153 In other words, it has become very easy for them to write off the many case reports of serious adverse events as occurring simply by “chance alone” and are therefore only “coincidental”. They therefore feel justified to constantly re-assure the public that vaccines are “safe” and that “the benefits outweigh the risks”.Groups such as the CDC who vigorously promote hepatitis B vaccination have claimed that there is “no scientific evidence” to suggest that hepatitis B vaccine is a cause of MS. Their blatant bias and the need to maintain public confidence in government sponsored vaccination programmes have led them to come to this conclusion based on three epidemiological studies.154-156 This opinion is held in spite of the fact that the results of another three case-control studies reported an increased risk of MS after hepatitis B vaccination.141-143 Numerous case reports in the medical literature have also shown a strong temporal association.135-140 There are even case reports of similar symptoms of MS recurring within weeks of individuals receiving all three consecutive shots of the vaccine.137,139 How much “coincidence” does one need before health authorities acknowledge that such a strong temporal association does indeed also indicate a causal association? And there are still more questions and issues that have not yet been addressed. For example; cases of acute disseminated encephalomyelitis (ADEM), a condition very similar to MS, have occurred following hepatitis B vaccination; the same cases that have been later reclassified as MS after further relapses occurred.139,144 There is a fine line when distinguishing ADEM from the first episode of MS.157 Schwarz et al found that 35% of adult patients initially diagnosed with ADEM later developed clinically definite MS over an observed period of 3 years.158 ADEM is well known to occur following vaccination, and is thought to be caused by an auto-immune reaction to myelin proteins in the brain triggered by exogenous antigen (from vaccines or virus).157 In fact, ADEM and MS are considered to be clinical counterparts to “experimental allergic encephalomyelitis” (EAE), also known as “experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis”, a condition that is induced in laboratory rats and mice by vaccines.158 EAE has most notably been induced with pertussis vaccine.159Optic Neuritis (ON), a CNS demyelinating disease of the optic nerve in the eye, has also occurred following hepatitis B vaccine. 130,139,145,146 Acute bacterial or viral infections and/or vaccination often shortly precede the development of ON. It has been reported that from about 20% to 50% of children with ON will later developed MS.146,160,161 Since cases of ADEM, MS and ON have been reported following the use of hepatitis B vaccine, research should now focus on seeing if this vaccine is also capable of inducing EAE in laboratory animals. As previously mentioned, the other anomaly that needs further investigation is the interesting association between the high proportion of macrophagic myofasciitis (MMF) cases (9%) that also develop MS.92 MMF has been linked by the WHO to vaccines that contain aluminium, most notably the hepatitis B vaccine.90 Therefore these findings should also be taken into account in the debate surrounding hepatitis B vaccine and MS.92 Biologically plausible mechanisms add weight to the many case reports of MS associated with hepatitis B vaccine, providing further evidence for a positive causal association. “Molecular mimicry” is one such hypothesis. Autoimmunity is induced when a person's own immune system makes a “mistake” and confuses one of the body's own proteins (auto-antigen) for a foreign protein (antigen). According to the model of molecular mimicry, the immune system is stimulated to attack, via auto-reactive T cells and/or auto-antibodies, it’s own protein (self or auto-antigen) that has been copied or “mimicked” by the foreign protein through the sharing of similar immunological epitopes (sites on the surface of an antigen molecule to which a single antibody molecule binds).162,163Viral antigens have been identified as foreign proteins capable of inducing autoimmunity, via the process of molecular mimicry. The hepatitis B vaccine contains an exact replica of a protein antigen found on the surface of the HBV, and has sequences of protein polypeptides that are also present in neurological tissues such as myelin.164,165 Therefore when the immune system is signaled to recognize and destroy protein sequences found in HBsAg, it can also recognize a similar sequence of peptides found in proteins contained in myelin tissue and will act to destroy it. Demyelination of the myelin sheath then occurs, breaking it down to expose the nerve axon resulting in neurological dysfunction. It would appear that sub-populations of people with a particular genetic makeup are going to be susceptible to developing autoimmune disorders from the hepatitis B vaccine.162It has also been recognised that HBV infection can be associated with cases of demyelinating diseases including transverse myelitis166, optic neuritis167,168, chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (CIDP)169-171 and Guillain-Barre syndrome (GBS).171 It has been proposed that HBsAg-immune complexes that deposit in the neuronal tissue may play a role in causing conditions characterized by demyelinating neuropathy.169-171. If the HBV is able to cause autoimmunity, is it not feasible that the hepatitis B vaccine would also be capable of inducing autoimmune diseases?172 CONCLUSIONIt would appear that the real risk of having a severe adverse reaction (in the short and long term) would have to greatly outweigh any possible benefit that the hepatitis B vaccine has to offer. The old cliché “the benefits outweigh the risks” can in no way be applied to the use of hepatitis B vaccine in the majority of neonates. The only party likely to benefit from a policy of universal hepatitis B vaccination is vaccine manufacturers with the annual generation of massive profits. However it is little babies and their parents who may end up paying a very high price with chronic health problems, permanent disability, and possibly even death.Further information on hepatitis B vaccine can also be found at:http://www.avn.org.au,http://www.ias.org.nz,http://www.909shot.com or

Ingrid

People who are at increased risk of being infected with the hepatitis B virus include the following: Men or women who have multiple sex partners, especially if they don't use a condom Men who have sex with men Men or women who have sex with a person infected with HBV People with other sexually transmitted diseases People who inject drugs with shared needles People who receive transfusions of blood or blood products People who undergo dialysis for kidney disease Institutionalized mentally handicapped people and their attendants and family members Health care workers who are stuck with needles or other sharp instruments contaminated with infected blood Infants born to infected mothers You cannot get hepatitis B from the following activities: Being sneezed or coughed on Hugging Handshaking Breastfeeding Eating food or drinking water Casual contact (such as an office or social setting)__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3267 (20080714) __________The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.http://www.eset.com __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3267 (20080714) __________The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.http://www.eset.com

Guest guest

We live in Beijing. China has a relatively high percentage (around

10%, they say) testing positive for Hep B (active and transmissible

cases of course are MUCH lower).

Even if one contracts Hep B, the risk of something severe like liver

cancer are rather infintessimally small. The vast majority of people

contract it, and the body kicks the infection, just like any other

illness.

I never, ever think the risk of a getting a disease naturally, no

matter how high, should ever justify a vaccine.

Take your selenium or make sure the local soil has enough (China does

not, we supplement with Brazil nuts and multivitamins).

Make sure not to share blood/body fluids with a vast sum of people,

and you will be FINE.

Ask what brand your Doc is trying to push on you. Take a look at the

ingredients here

(http://www.novaccine.com/specific-vaccines/vaccine.asp?v_id=46) and

decide if that poison's DEFINITE risks compare favorably with the

THEORETICAL risks of getting Hep B.

Guest guest

Hullo Wani. I think you answered your own question, esp., considering the Research you did on HepB. All vaccines are poisons and toxic junk science for profit. You are asking the Wrong Group for possible Permission to get,,,just this one....to garner you a work position? If you are against vaccines, stick to your guns, esp. when it is your Arm you are talking about. No ONE has the right to put anything thru your skin. This is Your decision, not your doctors, your country or government OR this job offer. Do you want the risk of what this even One vaccine may do to you, or alter the course of your life forever, or take it from you. Let your conscious be your guide. You already know the answer. Glad Day ~ Karla in IL Vaccines PREVENT Health