Sent: Sunday, February 18, 2007

2:50 AM

health

Subject:

Re: stomach ulcers

People are amazed that with the extremely high volume

of hot stuff I

eat, I have no stomach problems. I personally believe it is a myth that

hot stuff causes ulcers. I believe it heals ulcers.

Just my 2 pesos

Peace, love, laughter

" I'm writing an unauthorized autobiography. "

--- In health ,

Suzanne <suziesgoats@...>

wrote:

>

> Cayenne

has been known to cure ulcers also... but it will burn a

little... not many do this one.

Guest guest

I would go with Essiac along with garlic and comfrey for cancer. There are different varieties of comfrey also.. Here is some further info: Dorothy Hall writes that 'Russian comfrey and garlic could together, according to natural health usage, almost halve the present ills of western civilisation' An extravagant claim perhaps, but comfrey does indeed have a wealth of medicinal uses. One of its country names was 'knitbone', a reminder of its traditional use in healing. The herb contains allantoin, a cell proliferant that speeds up the natural replacement of body cells. This means that it will promote the swift healing of damaged or injured tissues, as well as maintaining cell growth and preventing diseases. Comfrey has been used to treat a wide variety of ailments ranging from bronchial problems, broken bones, sprains,

arthritis, gastric and varicose ulcers, severe burns, acne and other skin conditions. It is also said to have bone and teeth building properties in children, and have value in treating 'many female disorders'. In past times comfrey baths were popular to repair the hymen and thus 'restore virginity'. Constituents of comfrey also include mucilage, steroidal saponins, tannins, pyrrolizidine alkaloids, inulin, vitamin B12 and proteins. The flowers of Russian comfrey Internal usage of comfrey should be avoided because it contains hepatotoxic pyrrolizidine alkaloids (PAs) (Note, there are also non-hepatotoxic pyrrolizidine alkaloids.). Use of comfrey can, because of these PAs, lead to veno-occlusive disease (VOD). VOD can in turn lead to liver failure, and comfrey, taken in extreme amounts, has been implicated in at least one death. In 2001, the United States Food and Drug Administration issued a warning against internal usage of herbal products containing comfrey. Symphytine, one of the PAs in comfrey, causes cancer in rats. This was injection of the pure alkaloid. The whole plant has also been shown to induce cancer in rats. Avoid using comfrey on dirty or deep wounds, as the rapid

healing properties of the allantoins may trap dirt or pus, leading to the formation of abscesses. A study has also found that livertoxic PAs are absorbed through broken skin. Zandra <zzintheredvw@...> wrote: Oh, my! I went a week without logging on here and thought I might have two or three posts here.You're right, , it's a wonderful group!Thank you, everyone, for the input. He's been pretty health-conscious all his life, so he knows what he can and can't take to some degree. Lots of things to think about here, though! And I hadn't heard about a supposed link between comfrey (which I love)and cancer. Is it legitimate? I mean, that old kava kava

causes liver damage study was done on Hepatitis C patients ... Suzi What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered. health/ http://suziesgoats.wholefoodfarmacy.com/ http://360./suziesgoats

Don't be flakey. Get for Mobile and always stay connected to friends.

Guest guest

I'd take comfrey anyway but thats just me.Suzanne <suziesgoats@...> wrote: I would go with Essiac along with garlic and comfrey for cancer. There are different varieties of comfrey also.. Here is some further info: Dorothy Hall writes that 'Russian comfrey and garlic could together, according to natural health usage, almost halve the present ills of western civilisation' An extravagant claim perhaps, but comfrey does indeed have a wealth of medicinal uses. One of its country names was 'knitbone', a reminder of its traditional use in healing. The herb contains allantoin, a cell proliferant that speeds up the natural replacement of body cells. This means that it will

promote the swift healing of damaged or injured tissues, as well as maintaining cell growth and preventing diseases. Comfrey has been used to treat a wide variety of ailments ranging from bronchial problems, broken bones, sprains, arthritis, gastric and varicose ulcers, severe burns, acne and other skin conditions. It is also said to have bone and teeth building properties in children, and have value in treating 'many female disorders'. In past times comfrey baths were popular to repair the hymen and thus 'restore virginity'. Constituents of comfrey also include mucilage, steroidal saponins, tannins, pyrrolizidine alkaloids, inulin, vitamin B12 and proteins. The flowers of Russian comfrey Internal usage of comfrey should be avoided because it contains hepatotoxic

pyrrolizidine alkaloids (PAs) (Note, there are also non-hepatotoxic pyrrolizidine alkaloids.). Use of comfrey can, because of these PAs, lead to veno-occlusive disease (VOD). VOD can in turn lead to liver failure, and comfrey, taken in extreme amounts, has been implicated in at least one death. In 2001, the United States Food and Drug Administration issued a warning against internal usage of herbal products containing comfrey. Symphytine, one of the PAs in comfrey,

causes cancer in rats. This was injection of the pure alkaloid. The whole plant has also been shown to induce cancer in rats. Avoid using comfrey on dirty or deep wounds, as the rapid healing properties of the allantoins may trap dirt or pus, leading to the formation of abscesses. A study has also found that livertoxic PAs are absorbed through broken skin. ~*~ love, light, and Goddess kisses ~*~ Angie

It's here! Your new message!Get

new email alerts with the free Toolbar.

Guest guest

I have been taking comfrey and using it externally for longer than some adults have been alive. I have miraculous "save" stories on what it can do.

They loaded that poor rat with enough to kill him even if it were distilled water. As far as my research says, it was a test with the end pre-determined.

Gayla Always Enough RanchAcampo, Californiahttp://bouncinghoofs.com/alwaysenough.htmlBill Barnhill is our Inspiration! Go Bill!!!aeranch@...

Guest guest

actually i believe they break it down into the chemical compents. the plant as a whole not so much.Gayla <aeranch@...> wrote: I have been taking comfrey and using it externally for longer than some adults have been alive. I have miraculous "save" stories on what it can do. They loaded that poor rat with enough to kill him even if it were distilled water. As far as my research says, it was a test with the end pre-determined.

~*~ love, light, and Goddess kisses ~*~ Angie

Access over 1 million songs - Music Unlimited.

Guest guest

Hi Carol!

I don't post too much but I'll tell you - I am the QUEEN of stomach problems!!!!

I've never had an ulcer to date but I've had GERD for about 25 yrs & had my

gallbladder taken about 15 yrs ago (I'm going to be 49 next week). From my

experience, any product that is aspirin based or related as well as ibuprofen-

feels like it's eating a whole in my stomach! Anything greasy - oily - spicey--

I have to stay away ! Now this is ME- I'm not a doc but I would like to suggest

eating a bland diet. Rice, cream of wheat, plain yogurt/ice cream, toast,

scrambled eggs, a bagel, etc. Until you talk with your doc. He may want to do a

barium test and maybe an endoscopy. Neither are painful. If you are having bad

indigestion, try maalox - OTC Zantac - Tums- see what helps YOU. I hope this

info can be of help!

If you have more questions - I'd be more than happy to help if I can!

Good luck & keep us posted!

in SC

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 10, 2011, at 6:49 PM, " CAROLT " <IM4BUCS2000@...> wrote:

> Anybody have problems with gastric or other types of stomach ulcers.I am

seeing the doc next week and boy do we have a lot to talk about. I read that RA

sufferers are more apt to have one. Until I get to the doc any advice. I am down

to bread and cheese. Everything else seems to give me trouble.

>

> Carol

>

>

Guest guest

this is interesting. I had my gallbladder removed in my 20's I am now 63.

I have been treated for acid reflux for about 15 years.  my  nexium would be

doubled when I had bleeds.I was told to never go off it. Well it was not working

and I decided to try the opposite.

Presently I am challenging that.I feel it caused much weight gain. The lack of

acid in my stomach was not digesting my food properly.  I remember an old woman

in my childhood having warm water with lemon before each meal.

i am experimenting with this now. I have some bad heartburn at times. I use over

the counter products.  I will discuss with y DR and " follow my gut " .

Raniolo

> Anybody have problems with gastric or other types of stomach ulcers.I am

sufferers are more apt to have one. Until I get to the doc any advice. I am down

>

> Carol

>

>

Guest guest

Carol,

Back in the '80's, I was taking RX Zantac - graduated to RX prilosec. My

gastroenologist (sp?) prescribed Nexium. For a while, it helped. But then I had

to take OTC Zantac when needed. My insurance will no longer pay for mexium- but

RX prilosec so I take twice the dosage of that + OTC Zantac - that seems to keep

things calm. I've learned which foods to stay away from and I do pretty good. I

have endoscopies every 3 yrs along with a colonoscopy. Cancer of those types run

in my family. Last test I found out I have a hydel hernia (sp?) - don't have

problems with that ever.

Don't forget that without a gallbladder - there are certain foods that you can't

process. The foods are different for each person - and eat the wrong thing for

you & you can have issues from pain, throwing up and/or bottom end. Every one is

different.

I've also been tested several times for that bacteria in my tummy that can cause

tummy issues but can't recall the name of it. I also have IBS which causes,

among other things, stomach pains.

Just talk to your doc & tell him every symptom. There was another post to you

about celiac disease & although I don't know much about that, it's definitely

something to look into. I will for myself.

You take care of yourself and keep me posted!

Hugs,

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 10, 2011, at 7:41 PM, CATHERINE RANIOLO <c.raniolo@...> wrote:

> this is interesting. I had my gallbladder removed in my 20's I am now 63.

> I have been treated for acid reflux for about 15 years. my nexium would be

doubled when I had bleeds.I was told to never go off it. Well it was not working

and I decided to try the opposite.

>

> Presently I am challenging that.I feel it caused much weight gain. The lack of

acid in my stomach was not digesting my food properly. I remember an old woman

in my childhood having warm water with lemon before each meal.

> i am experimenting with this now. I have some bad heartburn at times. I use

over the counter products. I will discuss with y DR and " follow my gut " .

>

> Raniolo

>

>

>

> > Anybody have problems with gastric or other types of stomach ulcers.I am

> >

> > Carol

> >

> >

>

>

Guest guest

Good luck to you as well as hubby's upcoming surgery! Hope everything goes well

for both of you!

Take care -

in SC

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 10, 2011, at 8:11 PM, em <IM4BUCS2000@...> wrote:

>

> Thanks everyone for all your help with the tummy problem Will keep you posted

.. Seeing the doc next week. Hubby is having knee surgery next week and I feel a

flare coming on so I think the stress is not helping much either. I will

definately try some of your suggestions. This group is the best.

>

> Carol

>

>