RemedySpot.com

Potty Training

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Terri,

One thing we use with our children with Down syndrome and other delays is this. When we have a child that will only go in a diaper or pull-up. We have them sit on the potty with it on to go. They still get to do their business in the diaper but on the potty. We do not keep the diaper on them at all unless they ask for it and they have to sit on the potty to use it. After awhile they get tired of waiting to get the diaper on and end up going in the potty. It sometimes takes awhile but be patient! :)Cammie Heflin

check out our blog

www.theheflinfamily.blogspot.com

From: Down Syndrome Treatment [mailto:Down Syndrome Treatment ] On Behalf Of McElweeSent: Thursday, February 14, 2008 1:31 AMDown Syndrome Treatment Subject: Re: potty training

Keep her on the potty, keep giving her her favorite thing to drink, eventually she will pee...when she is finished peeing, give her a reward...whatever her favorite thing is (my son ended up with about 15 Beanie Babies in 2 days) The keep her on the potty, give her salty snacks, more to drink so she has many successes in one day.

This takes a lot of time and effort, ZERO Clothing on the child and no leaving the bathroom. There is a book 'Potty Training in a Day' use it, but know it will take a week for our kids, stay home from work, stay naked for a week. And don't put her back in diapers...when she pees, she cleans herself up, even if it means a bath and she has to put her clothes in the washer (with help of course) and she has to wipe up the floor, etc. It's not fun to stop playing to go to the bathroom, but it's REALLY no fun to have to do all it takes to clean up!

By the way, she's a child 'with' Down syndrome, Haley's extra chromosome isn't the most important thing to describe her with. <smile>

, Mom to 13, DS, Southern CaliforniaTo succeed in life,you need three things:a wishbone, a backbone and a funny bone.~ Reba McIntyre

Diagnosis Down Syndrome: A Site of Hope for New Parents or Parents with a Prenatal Diagnosishttp://www.leeworks.net/DDS/What to Say to Parents of a Child with a Diagnosishttp://www.leeworks.net/DDS/speech.html

potty training

Hi group - My name is Terri and I have a 6 yr old granddaughter named Haley who is a Down child. We are trying to potty train and have run into a small problem.. Haley absolutely will not pee in anything but her diaper. She wakes up dry from overnight, will sit on the toilet for 20 minutes and not urinate. She insists on the diaper, then pees right away. We have tried a star chart, big girl panties, no underwear/diaper and it hasn't worked! Any ideas?

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Maybe to break the pattern - our kids love those OCD tendencies/habits - while she sits on the potty, put her feet in a pot of hot water. That usually makes a kid pee. Then you can jump around like crazy, whooping and acting like she has just accomplished the biggest feat in all the world.

Mindy

potty training

Hi group - My name is Terri and I have a 6 yr old granddaughter named Haley who is a Down child. We are trying to potty train and have run into a small problem.. Haley absolutely will not pee in anything but her diaper. She wakes up dry from overnight, will sit on the toilet for 20 minutes and not urinate. She insists on the diaper, then pees right away. We have tried a star chart, big girl panties, no underwear/diaper and it hasn't worked! Any ideas?

What about when you have him potty trained at home and send potty

pants (underwear and plastics) to school and they take them off and

put him back in pullups. ??

>

> Terri,

> One thing we use with our children with Down syndrome and other

delays is

> this. When we have a child that will only go in a diaper or pull-

up. We have

> them sit on the potty with it on to go. They still get to do their

business

> in the diaper but on the potty. We do not keep the diaper on them

at all

> unless they ask for it and they have to sit on the potty to use

it. After

> awhile they get tired of waiting to get the diaper on and end up

going in

> the potty. It sometimes takes awhile but be patient! :)

> Cammie Heflin

> check out our blog

> www.theheflinfamily.blogspot.com

>

>

> _____

>

> From: Down Syndrome Treatment

> [mailto:Down Syndrome Treatment ] On Behalf Of

> McElwee

> Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2008 1:31 AM

> Down Syndrome Treatment

> Subject: Re: potty training

>

>

>

>

> Keep her on the potty, keep giving her her favorite thing to drink,

> eventually she will pee...when she is finished peeing, give her a

> reward...whatever her favorite thing is (my son ended up with

about 15

> Beanie Babies in 2 days) The keep her on the potty, give her

salty snacks,

> more to drink so she has many successes in one day.

>

> This takes a lot of time and effort, ZERO Clothing on the child

and no

> leaving the bathroom. There is a book 'Potty Training in a Day'

use it, but

> know it will take a week for our kids, stay home from work, stay

naked for

> a week. And don't put her back in diapers...when she pees, she

cleans

> herself up, even if it means a bath and she has to put her clothes

in the

> washer (with help of course) and she has to wipe up the floor,

etc. It's

> not fun to stop playing to go to the bathroom, but it's REALLY no

fun to

> have to do all it takes to clean up!

>

> By the way, she's a child 'with' Down syndrome, Haley's extra

chromosome

> isn't the most important thing to describe her with. <smile>

>

> , Mom to 13, DS, Southern California

> To succeed in life,

> you need three things:

> a wishbone, a backbone and a funny bone.

> ~ Reba McIntyre

>

>

> Diagnosis Down Syndrome: A Site of Hope for New Parents or Parents

with a

> Prenatal Diagnosis

> http://www.leeworks <http://www.leeworks.net/DDS/> .net/DDS/

> What to Say to Parents of a Child with a Diagnosis

> http://www.leeworks <http://www.leeworks.net/DDS/speech.html>

> .net/DDS/speech.html

>

> potty training

>

>

>

>

> Hi group - My name is Terri and I have a 6 yr old granddaughter

named Haley

> who is a Down child. We are trying to potty train and have run

into a small

> problem.. Haley absolutely will not pee in anything but her

diaper. She

> wakes up dry from overnight, will sit on the toilet for 20 minutes

and not

> urinate. She insists on the diaper, then pees right away. We

have tried a

> star chart, big girl panties, no underwear/diaper and it hasn't

worked! Any

> ideas?

>

> _____

>

> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find

>

<http://us.rd./evt=51734/*http://tools.search./news

earch/c

> ategory.php?category=shopping> them fast with Search.

>

My son wasen't crying on the potty, we rolled a tv up to the door and played his favorite videos (after not letting him see them for a week) we played games on the potty, He wasn't sitting there all by himself...I had to sit in claustrophbia bathroom with him...i swear it was harder on ME because I have a hard time sitting still!

You have to get creative with ways to make it 'fun' and we also never give him Cool-aid, but made sugar free cool-aid for him to drink on the potty and he guzzeled that down...we could see him holding it, holding it then he just couldn't hold it anymore....be sure you don't clap and go nuts till AFTER she's pee'd...in the middle they need to be focused on pee'ing.

Good luck!

, Mom to 14, DS, Southern CaliforniaTo succeed in life,you need three things:a wishbone, a backbone and a funny bone.~ Reba McIntyre

Diagnosis Down Syndrome: A Site of Hope for New Parents or Parents with a Prenatal Diagnosishttp://www.leeworks.net/DDS/What to Say to Parents of a Child with a Diagnosishttp://www.leeworks.net/DDS/speech.html

potty training

Wow, I can't believe all the great advise everyone has given us though these replies. I can't help but think keeping a crying child on the potty waiting for her to "go" is cruel, but I think participating in the clean up is a great idea. Haley loves to help with household chores - dishes, sweeping, folding clothes, making beds! Cleaning up after herself might not be a punishment! This has not been our first attempt at potty training. We have tried the books, Baby Alive, bribes, big girl panties. I'm sure we will succeed - soon I hope.

Terri

I missed most of this thread except this last comment. But I do have

this advice to offer and it works for us. We give my son something

to drink wehn we tke him potty every hour. (What goes in must come

out, right?) taking him every hour is bound to catch him going potty

and then offering him a drink (or sometimes even something to eat!)

helps every time. After a while, they get the hang of it.

>

> Wow, I can't believe all the great advise everyone has given us

though these replies. I can't help but think keeping a crying child

on the potty waiting for her to " go " is cruel, but I think

participating in the clean up is a great idea. Haley loves to help

with household chores - dishes, sweeping, folding clothes, making

beds! Cleaning up after herself might not be a punishment! This

has not been our first attempt at potty training. We have tried the

books, Baby Alive, bribes, big girl panties. I'm sure we will

succeed - soon I hope.

>

> Terri

>

>

>

> Never miss a thing. Make your home page.

> http://www./r/hs

>

With my son, matthew, his dad or myself would take him into the restroom whenever we had to go. He had of course his potty chair, one in the bathroom and another in the front room. We would ask him after he would eat/drink if he needed to 'go' or not. Since most of our kiddos are visual learners I put pics on the bathroom wall just above his toilet and our toilet. I also put one up in the front room above his 'other' potty chair. He had reminders also in his room. The first time he used his potty he kept on using it. He threw away the pull ups and began using his Power Rangers, Turtles, etc., underwear.You may want to try letting her pick out her own underwear and wear them around the house, either over a pull up or under whichever she prefers. I've noticed if we allow our kids just like our 'other' kids to sort of feel like they have control all will come to pass. They can't wait to sport their favorite character around! Sure hope this helps!!! good

luck... <agirlnamedsuess@...> wrote: I missed most of this thread except this last comment. But I do have this advice to offer and it works for us. We give my son something to drink wehn we tke him potty every hour. (What goes in must come out, right?) taking him every hour is bound to catch him going potty and then offering him a drink (or sometimes even something to eat!) helps every time. After a while, they get the hang of it.>> Wow, I can't believe all the great advise everyone has given us though these replies. I can't help but think keeping a crying child on the potty waiting for her to "go" is cruel, but I think participating in the clean up is a great idea. Haley loves to help with household chores - dishes, sweeping, folding clothes, making beds! Cleaning up after herself might not be a punishment! This has not been our first attempt at potty training. We have tried the books, Baby Alive, bribes, big girl panties. I'm sure we will succeed - soon I hope.> > Terri> > > _________________________________________________________________________> Never miss a thing. Make your home page. >

http://www./r/hs>

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Yeah, we do that also. There are a lot of us here...so everyone

takes turns. With him going all the time (literally), we really do

not have an issue with it at home. We take a potty insert with us in

the bottom of the stroller for when we go to the doctor's office. We

potty before we leave, potty when we get there, and potty before we

leave. It works fine for us ;0)) ...just not at school. :0((

> >

> > Wow, I can't believe all the great advise everyone has given us

> though these replies. I can't help but think keeping a crying

child

> on the potty waiting for her to " go " is cruel, but I think

> participating in the clean up is a great idea. Haley loves to help

> with household chores - dishes, sweeping, folding clothes, making

> beds! Cleaning up after herself might not be a punishment! This

> has not been our first attempt at potty training. We have tried

the

> books, Baby Alive, bribes, big girl panties. I'm sure we will

> succeed - soon I hope.

> >

> > Terri

> >

> >

> >

> __________________________________________________________

> _______________

> > Never miss a thing. Make your home page.

> > http://www./r/hs

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

>

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

The are the way to go:

parentsoflittlepeople2-subscribe

parentsoflittlepeople-subscribe

Both listserves will serve you well for questions and answers. The difference

between the two is that the first is open to the public and the other is

private, moderated by parents.

>

> I am looking for info on potty training a 3 yr old girl with achondroplasia, I

called LPA and they said to go to but I am not sure if there is a

specific group I should go to or not...if anyone has any info or knows of any

articles/advice/tips available on the web, please let me know.

>

• 2 months later...

Welcome Sandy...I have a little one almost 3...I'm avoiding this as long as I can....... ;)

There are mom's who have walked this path before you.....hope you find the help you need her...God bless...

e

From: sandracowgirl <sandracowgirl@...>autism Sent: Sun, October 4, 2009 11:35:32 PMSubject: Potty training

Hi everyone, I have a 6yr old son with (mild) autism and (mild) cri du chat and he is doing great but having a bad problem with potty training. He will go #1 but the BMs are the issue. He has gone on the toliet and he will sit on it for some time but never does anything. Any suggestions on how to get him to do this?? I have (today) taken away his pullups at bedtime because now he is starting to pee at night and we had a big discussion about this and we even did a story about it. But now I feel bad because I know he will have an accident at night and I don't know what else to do. He did have constipation issues before but now he is on meds to stop it. any suggestions will help. I even let him pick out paint and a border for the bathroom in his bedroom and told him that was his special bathroom but it doesn't help. Thanks,Sandy

Welcome Sandy...I have a little one almost 3...I'm avoiding this as long as I can....... ;)

There are mom's who have walked this path before you.....hope you find the help you need her...God bless...

e

From: sandracowgirl <sandracowgirl@...>autism Sent: Sun, October 4, 2009 11:35:32 PMSubject: Potty training

Hi everyone, I have a 6yr old son with (mild) autism and (mild) cri du chat and he is doing great but having a bad problem with potty training. He will go #1 but the BMs are the issue. He has gone on the toliet and he will sit on it for some time but never does anything. Any suggestions on how to get him to do this?? I have (today) taken away his pullups at bedtime because now he is starting to pee at night and we had a big discussion about this and we even did a story about it. But now I feel bad because I know he will have an accident at night and I don't know what else to do. He did have constipation issues before but now he is on meds to stop it. any suggestions will help. I even let him pick out paint and a border for the bathroom in his bedroom and told him that was his special bathroom but it doesn't help. Thanks,Sandy

Well, Sandy, you will probably think I am nuts, and I probably am. LOL,LOL, but I did two things. First I told Karac's dad (my son) to take Karac in the bathroom with him when he was going to have a BM.

Then one Sunday DIL told me that she didn't want Karac wearing pullups to church any more. (that was easy for her to say; she doesn't go to church. LOL, LOL ) I thought Oh, no! what will I do? Karac always has his BM at that time of day!

So Sunday morning I put Karac on the toilet and I literally got down on my knees in front of the toilet and prayed, "God please help him go in the toilet; I don't think I can stand it if he has an accident at church; it will be a mess and an embarrassment and a distraction." Would you believe Karac went in the toilet and has from then on and we never had an accident.

Karac is now 17. Was it seeing his Dad? or was it my prayer? or was it both? or neither? As Karac would say, "Who knows?"

When I was doing ABA with my grandson, I would start the morning with reading the Psalms and prayer. One of my favorite verses was Psalm 5:3. I read it often.

"Morning by morning, O Lord, you hear my voice

Morning by morning I lay my request before you

and wait in expectation."

I don't know if you have a faith, but if you do, depend on it. I have said a prayer for you.Love and blessings, Pat K

Potty training

Hi everyone, I have a 6yr old son with (mild) autism and (mild) cri du chat and he is doing great but having a bad problem with potty training. He will go #1 but the BMs are the issue. He has gone on the toliet and he will sit on it for some time but never does anything. Any suggestions on how to get him to do this?? I have (today) taken away his pullups at bedtime because now he is starting to pee at night and we had a big discussion about this and we even did a story about it. But now I feel bad because I know he will have an accident at night and I don't know what else to do. He did have constipation issues before but now he is on meds to stop it. any suggestions will help. I even let him pick out paint and a border for the bathroom in his bedroom and told him that was his special bathroom but it doesn't help. Thanks,

Sandy

Well, Sandy, you will probably think I am nuts, and I probably am. LOL,LOL, but I did two things. First I told Karac's dad (my son) to take Karac in the bathroom with him when he was going to have a BM.

Then one Sunday DIL told me that she didn't want Karac wearing pullups to church any more. (that was easy for her to say; she doesn't go to church. LOL, LOL ) I thought Oh, no! what will I do? Karac always has his BM at that time of day!

So Sunday morning I put Karac on the toilet and I literally got down on my knees in front of the toilet and prayed, "God please help him go in the toilet; I don't think I can stand it if he has an accident at church; it will be a mess and an embarrassment and a distraction." Would you believe Karac went in the toilet and has from then on and we never had an accident.

Karac is now 17. Was it seeing his Dad? or was it my prayer? or was it both? or neither? As Karac would say, "Who knows?"

When I was doing ABA with my grandson, I would start the morning with reading the Psalms and prayer. One of my favorite verses was Psalm 5:3. I read it often.

"Morning by morning, O Lord, you hear my voice

Morning by morning I lay my request before you

and wait in expectation."

I don't know if you have a faith, but if you do, depend on it. I have said a prayer for you.Love and blessings, Pat K

Potty training

Hi everyone, I have a 6yr old son with (mild) autism and (mild) cri du chat and he is doing great but having a bad problem with potty training. He will go #1 but the BMs are the issue. He has gone on the toliet and he will sit on it for some time but never does anything. Any suggestions on how to get him to do this?? I have (today) taken away his pullups at bedtime because now he is starting to pee at night and we had a big discussion about this and we even did a story about it. But now I feel bad because I know he will have an accident at night and I don't know what else to do. He did have constipation issues before but now he is on meds to stop it. any suggestions will help. I even let him pick out paint and a border for the bathroom in his bedroom and told him that was his special bathroom but it doesn't help. Thanks,

Sandy

I had this same problem. It got so bad with my daughter that she had encopresis. The school was less than helpful and let her sit in her own waste until I threatened to sue them. My ABA instructor said that it is not unusual for autistic children to not potty train until 7 or 8 years of age.

I used the good old route of bribery. I promised her she could pick out new undies and that she would get a prize if she went potty for six months. We marked the days off on the calender. She got 12 new pairs of pretty undies, a t-shirt, and movie tickets. Thankfully, that worked and we did not backslide.

Jo

From: Two Blessings <ljdjd1234@...>Subject: Re: Potty trainingautism Date: Monday, October 5, 2009, 9:30 AM

e

From: sandracowgirl <sandracowgirl>AutismBehaviorProbl emsgroups (DOT) comSent: Sun, October 4, 2009 11:35:32 PMSubject: Potty training

I had this same problem. It got so bad with my daughter that she had encopresis. The school was less than helpful and let her sit in her own waste until I threatened to sue them. My ABA instructor said that it is not unusual for autistic children to not potty train until 7 or 8 years of age.

I used the good old route of bribery. I promised her she could pick out new undies and that she would get a prize if she went potty for six months. We marked the days off on the calender. She got 12 new pairs of pretty undies, a t-shirt, and movie tickets. Thankfully, that worked and we did not backslide.

Jo

From: Two Blessings <ljdjd1234@...>Subject: Re: Potty trainingautism Date: Monday, October 5, 2009, 9:30 AM

e

From: sandracowgirl <sandracowgirl>AutismBehaviorProbl emsgroups (DOT) comSent: Sun, October 4, 2009 11:35:32 PMSubject: Potty training

Does he know when he needs to go??? Some children do not sense or can not sense the nerve that is telling them that they need to have a bowel movement. Maybe the medication could also be decreasing the sensation ???

Night time bed wetting is hard. If he having a hard time going to sleep or sleeps really hard it sometimes impossible for them to use the restroom at night. I know many children that are still wetting the bed at 8 years old. That is why they are promoting those underjams for older kids having sleep overs. Some children's bladders are just not big enough and they sleep to hard at night. It is something they are supposed to grow out of. My son age 6 will go back and forth between being dry for several months and then having accidents almost everynight. Sometimes it is a change in schedule during the day or just stresses or just who knows. I wouldn't stress to much about wetting the bed at night. But not using the toilet fo bowel movements I would ask the pediatrician about that.

e

Does he know when he needs to go??? Some children do not sense or can not sense the nerve that is telling them that they need to have a bowel movement. Maybe the medication could also be decreasing the sensation ???

Night time bed wetting is hard. If he having a hard time going to sleep or sleeps really hard it sometimes impossible for them to use the restroom at night. I know many children that are still wetting the bed at 8 years old. That is why they are promoting those underjams for older kids having sleep overs. Some children's bladders are just not big enough and they sleep to hard at night. It is something they are supposed to grow out of. My son age 6 will go back and forth between being dry for several months and then having accidents almost everynight. Sometimes it is a change in schedule during the day or just stresses or just who knows. I wouldn't stress to much about wetting the bed at night. But not using the toilet fo bowel movements I would ask the pediatrician about that.

e

amen ;)

From: "pkuenstler@..." <pkuenstler@...>autism Sent: Mon, October 5, 2009 9:34:30 AMSubject: Re: Potty training

So Sunday morning I put Karac on the toilet and I literally got down on my knees in front of the toilet and prayed, "God please help him go in the toilet; I don't think I can stand it if he has an accident at church; it will be a mess and an embarrassment and a distraction. " Would you believe Karac went in the toilet and has from then on and we never had an accident.

"Morning by morning, O Lord, you hear my voice Morning by morning I lay my request before you and wait in expectation. "

Potty training

amen ;)

From: "pkuenstler@..." <pkuenstler@...>autism Sent: Mon, October 5, 2009 9:34:30 AMSubject: Re: Potty training

So Sunday morning I put Karac on the toilet and I literally got down on my knees in front of the toilet and prayed, "God please help him go in the toilet; I don't think I can stand it if he has an accident at church; it will be a mess and an embarrassment and a distraction. " Would you believe Karac went in the toilet and has from then on and we never had an accident.

"Morning by morning, O Lord, you hear my voice Morning by morning I lay my request before you and wait in expectation. "

Potty training

I've said this before....but my NT child was not potty trained till about 4...I truly though she would go on her first date at 16 in princess pull-ups....NOT kidding.....

....well??? I can't handle thinking about it yet... LOL, LOL --- He is three this month.............I'm Scarlett today :) LOL (I'll think about it tomorrow)

e

From: Jo Ellen Clifford <joellencas@...>autism Sent: Mon, October 5, 2009 10:57:40 AMSubject: Re: Potty training

Jo

From: Two Blessings <ljdjd1234 (DOT) com>Subject: Re: Potty trainingAutismBehaviorProbl emsgroups (DOT) comDate: Monday, October 5, 2009, 9:30 AM

e

Hi everyone, I have a 6yr old son with (mild) autism and (mild) cri du chat and he is doing great but having a bad problem with potty training. He will go #1 but the BMs are the issue. He has gone on the toliet and he will sit on it for some time but never does anything. Any suggestions on how to get him to do this?? I have (today) taken away his pullups at bedtime because now he is starting to pee at night and we had a big discussion about this and we even did a story about it. But now I feel bad because I know he will have an accident at night and I don't know what else to do. He did have constipation issues before but now he is on meds to stop it. any suggestions will help. I even let him pick out paint and a border for the bathroom in his bedroom and told him that was his special bathroom but it doesn't help.

Thanks,Sandy

I've said this before....but my NT child was not potty trained till about 4...I truly though she would go on her first date at 16 in princess pull-ups....NOT kidding.....

....well??? I can't handle thinking about it yet... LOL, LOL --- He is three this month.............I'm Scarlett today :) LOL (I'll think about it tomorrow)

e

From: Jo Ellen Clifford <joellencas@...>autism Sent: Mon, October 5, 2009 10:57:40 AMSubject: Re: Potty training

Jo

From: Two Blessings <ljdjd1234 (DOT) com>Subject: Re: Potty trainingAutismBehaviorProbl emsgroups (DOT) comDate: Monday, October 5, 2009, 9:30 AM

e

Hi everyone, I have a 6yr old son with (mild) autism and (mild) cri du chat and he is doing great but having a bad problem with potty training. He will go #1 but the BMs are the issue. He has gone on the toliet and he will sit on it for some time but never does anything. Any suggestions on how to get him to do this?? I have (today) taken away his pullups at bedtime because now he is starting to pee at night and we had a big discussion about this and we even did a story about it. But now I feel bad because I know he will have an accident at night and I don't know what else to do. He did have constipation issues before but now he is on meds to stop it. any suggestions will help. I even let him pick out paint and a border for the bathroom in his bedroom and told him that was his special bathroom but it doesn't help.

Thanks,Sandy

My son is 12 and still wets the bed and messes in his pants. He just won't go on the toilet. He sees a GI doc next week. His family doc says he has encopresis. it is very frustrating. At least I have moved into a house with a washer and dryer.

My son is 12 and still wets the bed and messes in his pants. He just won't go on the toilet. He sees a GI doc next week. His family doc says he has encopresis. it is very frustrating. At least I have moved into a house with a washer and dryer.

Thank God for the washer and dryer. I remember days of not having one. Love and blessings, Pat K

Re: Potty training

Thank God for the washer and dryer. I remember days of not having one. Love and blessings, Pat K

Re: Potty training

Hello,

Have you tried the Cheerio cereal game. This is how it goes put a few Cheerio cereals in the toilet and tell him he has to sink them in the toilet by urinating on them. It worked for me and my son has been going to the toilet every since. lol Sometimes we have to be have a little fun while we teach them things.

From: Wylie <mlwpdb@...>Subject: Re: Potty trainingautism Date: Monday, October 5, 2009, 11:04 PM