RemedySpot.com

Melatonin

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Kel,

Just be aware that you may be hit by customs/import duty for any product ordered

from outside Australia.

Kylie

>

> Hi guys,

> Was wondering if anyone knew of a good online store to buy melatonin drops

from?

> Here in , Australia, they are very pricey. $60.00 for a months supply.

> Thankyou

> Kel

>

> I will keep climbing the mountain.

> Sent from Kel's iPhone

>

Oh, thankyou Kylie, didnt think of that. I will keep climbing the mountain.Sent from Kel's iPhone On 09/10/2010, at 5:16 AM, "KylieM" <kyliemonty@...> wrote:

Kel,

Just be aware that you may be hit by customs/import duty for any product ordered from outside Australia.

Kylie

>

> Hi guys,

> Was wondering if anyone knew of a good online store to buy melatonin drops from?

> Here in , Australia, they are very pricey. $60.00 for a months supply.

> Thankyou

> Kel

>

> I will keep climbing the mountain.

> Sent from Kel's iPhone

>

• 2 months later...

I use Melatonin in my son, Ben. He is 68 lbs and is almost 12 years old. He is a skinnny thing. I use a 1.5mg one. or 1/2 of a 3mg. I found a Melatonin called Mid Nite. It is a disloveable 1.5mg pill that is cherry flavor. They have it at Wal Mart close to the other sleep aid and Awake aids OR with the Herbals.

Moses

bensmommy2000

I would ask the doctor. We personally give the 5mg dosage, as that's what's been most effective for us, however, I read many people get by with less.

From: Sharon <simplycraftymom@...>Subject: ( ) Melatonin Date: Friday, January 7, 2011, 9:30 PM

Hi all, Could someone give me advice on what to start out the melatonin dosage. I have a 10 year old and doc recommended that I try melatonin to help with the sleep issues she has. Anyone have any ideas for where to start with dosage as don't know how much to give. She is 5' and 112lbs if that helps. She also is taking concerta to help with her adhd/as dx. Thanks in advance.Sharon

Do you find the sublingual works the best for you over the liquid or pill? we only tried the liquid one - so far it works great and my son told me he gets a good night sleep. I had to explain more is not better because he wanted to take more to get even a better night sleep.

From: Sharon <simplycraftymom@...>Subject: ( ) Melatonin Date: Friday, January 7, 2011, 9:30 PM

Hi all, Could someone give me advice on what to start out the melatonin dosage. I have a 10 year old and doc recommended that I try melatonin to help with the sleep issues she has. Anyone have any ideas for where to start with dosage as don't know how much to give. She is 5' and 112lbs if that helps. She also is taking concerta to help with her adhd/as dx. Thanks in advance.Sharon

Thank you ladies for giving your input. I will let you know how it goes after we get it for her. I think we will try the smallest dose for now as some have had great success. Sharon

Sharon,

Just give it a night or two before changing doses. Sometimes at a certain dosage it will work most nights but every now and then we all have a hard time going to sleep regardless. So try stair stepping your implementation slowly and methodically.

From: Sharon <simplycraftymom@...>Subject: ( ) Re: Melatonin Date: Sunday, January 9, 2011, 10:55 AM

Thank you ladies for giving your input. I will let you know how it goes after we get it for her. I think we will try the smallest dose for now as some have had great success.

Sharon

• 1 month later...

Melatonin by itself did not work as well for me.  However the following product from Whole Foods does.  I tried just Melatonin before I tried this mix.  I also tried a hops/valarian mix.  I have also taken prescription sleep aides in the past.  I have a history of CHRONIC insomnia.  LDN and the product below have worked wonders for me. 

Melatonin Sleep Science by Source Naturals made specially for Whole Foods

Contains ...Magnesium 150 mgGABA 250 mgTaurine 150 mgGlycine 100 mgPassionflower Leaf and Flower 60 mgLemon Balm Leaf Extract 50 mgSkullcap Aerial Parts 35 mgChamomile Flower Extract 30 mg

L-Theanine 25 mgHops Flower Extract 25 mgMelatonin 3 mg

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 1:52 PM, Margaret Schooling <mschooling@...> wrote:

Melatonin does nothing whatever for me - in fact I get the feeling it makes sleepless nights worse. The best trick I know for those bouts of insomnia is sipping water when I awake and it does seem to help me drop off again.

Margaret

low dose naltrexone Sent: Wed, 16 February, 2011 19:47:38

Subject: [low dose naltrexone] Melatonin 

Is there anyone else here for whom melatonin does pretty much nothing?I have to take a handful (@15mg) to get any effect at all.So I don't often take it.Jaye

Thanks Jaxi. That looks like an interesting mix. I've wanted to try a dried hop pillow but haven't got hold of them yet. I have lemon balm in the garden but never thought of taking it at night and the water I take is naturally rich in magnesium. anyway I'll order this and give it a go.I wonder why melatonin should work so well for many and not at all for a few. Just like everything else, I suppose, we're all so different.MargaretFrom: jaxi

<jaxi.schulz@...>Margaret Schooling <mschooling@...>Cc: low dose naltrexone Sent: Wed, 16 February, 2011 21:41:13Subject: Re: [low dose naltrexone] Melatonin

Melatonin by itself did not work as well for me. However the following product from Whole Foods does. I tried just Melatonin before I tried this mix. I also tried a hops/valarian mix. I have also taken prescription sleep aides in the past. I have a history of CHRONIC insomnia. LDN and the product below have worked wonders for me.

Melatonin Sleep Science by Source Naturals made specially for Whole Foods

Contains ...Magnesium 150 mgGABA 250 mgTaurine 150 mgGlycine 100 mgPassionflower Leaf and Flower 60 mgLemon Balm Leaf Extract 50 mgSkullcap Aerial Parts 35 mgChamomile Flower Extract 30 mg

L-Theanine 25 mgHops Flower Extract 25 mgMelatonin 3 mg

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 1:52 PM, Margaret Schooling <mschooling@...> wrote:

Melatonin does nothing whatever for me - in fact I get the feeling it makes sleepless nights worse. The best trick I know for those bouts of insomnia is sipping water when I awake and it does seem to help me drop off again.

Margaret

low dose naltrexone Sent: Wed, 16 February, 2011 19:47:38

Subject: [low dose naltrexone] Melatonin

Is there anyone else here for whom melatonin does pretty much nothing?I have to take a handful (@15mg) to get any effect at all.So I don't often take it.Jaye