RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: LDN and osteoarthritis

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Effiya,Initially, LDN often causes a transient increase in MS-related symptoms like stiffness. It also tends to increase the need to take at least one nap during the day. However, these side effects usually subside within a few weeks. While LDN can be a Godsend in treating rheumatoid arthritis, I am not aware of any cases in which LDN helped osteoarthritis.This site discusses a promising alternative treatment for osteoarthritis:http://www.webspawner.com/users/ecsarthritistx/index.htmlWith best wishes,Dudley Delany

dudley_delanyFrom: Effiya Hanson

Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2007 10:37 AM

low dose naltrexone

Subject: [low dose naltrexone] LDN and osteoarthritis

Dear all,Does LDN help osteoarthritis too? I would like to communicate with people taking LDN for conditions like mine.On December 1st, 2006 I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis and chronic progressive MS. I am not on any of the CRABs, have never been. I started LDN about 3 weeks ago and I am now on 3.0mg a night. I noticed that I no longer have problems with fatigue, however, my arthritis symptoms have increased, notably joint pain. Also stiffness in my legs have increased and my balance problems have not improved.My main problems had been impaired balance and impaired hand writing.The balance problem makes it difficult for me to walk. In fact, I am considering using an electric wheelchair, right now I use a walker. I have drop foot.I used to think the LDN was making me sleepy most of the time, but no, it was the BACLOFEN. I don't get any vivid dreams either.Thanks, Effiya

Be a better sports nut! Let your teams follow you with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Dear EFFYA, My symptons are so much like yours balance problems, walking my right leg and knee.It feels like arthritis.I have no other symptons relating to ms no fatigue at all.I have some problems at times with handwritting tooand spasticy I take ZANAFLEX,LDN and thats it as far as meds.I was dx with MS OCT 2006 I started to take the LDN in APRIL. I walk with crutches I hope that therapy when I start it next week will get me walking normal.I can tell you I went for an MRI last month and an exam compared to last years I have no further lesions and I showed major improvement on my exam.Therfore I will say the LDN is working.REGARDS,D.J.

[low dose naltrexone] LDN and osteoarthritis

Dear all,Does LDN help osteoarthritis too? I would like to communicate with people taking LDN for conditions like mine.On December 1st, 2006 I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis and chronic progressive MS. I am not on any of the CRABs, have never been. I started LDN about 3 weeks ago and I am now on 3.0mg a night. I noticed that I no longer have problems with fatigue, however, my arthritis symptoms have increased, notably joint pain. Also stiffness in my legs have increased and my balance problems have not improved.My main problems had been impaired balance and impaired hand writing.The balance problem makes it difficult for me to walk. In fact, I am considering using an electric wheelchair, right now I use a walker. I have drop foot.I used to think the LDN was making me sleepy most of the time, but no, it was the BACLOFEN. I don't get any vivid dreams either.Thanks, Effiya

Guest guest

Hi Effia,

I found a couple of chats that reference LDN and Osteoarthritis that I had saved. I will send them to you privately.

My best

Aletha

[low dose naltrexone] LDN and osteoarthritis

Guest guest

Hi Saundra,

Welcome to the group!

I can't answer your first question, except to say that, since LDN is so

inexpensive and devoid of serious side effects, it might well be worth a try.

In regard to scleroderma, LDN has been of definite benefit. There is also

another promising alternative approach to treating the condition outlined here:

http://www.webspawner.com/users/ecssclerodermatx/index.html

With the work of Dr. Jaquelyn McCandless, LDN has found effective use in

treating autism in children. Dr. McCandless has written a book about her

experience, " Children With Starving Brains, " which is available from Amazon.com

through this link:

http://tinyurl.com/ynkm4n

She can also be contacted directly at

jmccandless@...

For more informaton about LDN, visit

http://tinyurl.com/2boot2

Sincerely,

Dudley Delany

dudley_delany

[low dose naltrexone] LDN and Osteoarthritis

>

> I feel that LDN does NOT help Osteoarthritis. If anyone knows

otherwise, please let me know. I have Osteoarthritis and have been on

LDN for 2 months now with no improvement in my situation. I take 3.0mg

a day. Should I increase to 4.5 mg? Thanks. Effiya.

>

> ---------------------------------

> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with

Search.

>