Guest guest

Guest guest

If you are hungry then eat.

Don't give in to the craving for carbs! That is the candida making you

crave what is bad for you. It is not YOU who wants the carbs it is

them and they are the enemy.

Take something from the anti-candida diet that you like and eat more

of it. I have had salads for dessert at times. I keep fresh nuts on

hand for nibbling. I will eat vegetables till I am blue in the face.

I am a former carbohydrate addict and former compulsive over eater.

I still weigh over 300 pounds but the weight is dropping off me like

butter melting.

I know it seems hard in the beginning to stick with this but you can

do it! Just get over that initial hump.

You are stronger than the candida!

You can win!

-adele

> I have noticed since I started this eating plan that I am hungry

about 20

> minutes after I eat. I mean...STARVING !! IT is almost like I

haven't eaten

> the meal at all. I know the carbs are what fills me up. I just try

to suffer

> through it.

>

> Although...lately I have not suffered much. I have fallen off the

wagon a

> bit. Last night I over indulged in spelt pasta....I paid for it. I

am

> itching. I need to get back into the swing of things.

Guest guest

You all are so great for pep talks!!! THANKS!! :))))))

I find that I eat and eat and eat....and then I get full. One hour later I

am starved again!!!!!!! I tend to eat constantly...but am hungry

constantly. Maybe this will lessen. I HOPE...LOL

Thanks for the pep talk. Today is a new day!!

• 1 year later...

It's been my experience that hunger is a good thing. It tells me when it's time to eat. I no longer obey the societal schedules for eating. I have just three steadfast rules for eating. 1) I eat ONLY when I'm hungry. 2) I only eat sit-down meals--I no longer "snack." 3) I stop eating when I'm 2/3 full. These three rules of conduct have enabled me to get a handle on my hunger so that it's part of my life without being a chronic problem. I also use Satietrol. Probably because I'm so active, I'm likely to be not just hungry but utterly ravenous when it's time to eat. The Satietrol calms me down so that I am able to make wise food selections and to stop eating before I'm overfed.

Lina, it sounds like you're already doing a lot right. Have you read Walford's books? Two suggestions that have been often talked about here. You might be a good candidate for Satietrol. There's quite a bit about it in the message archives. Also, several of us make a low-calorie pudding based on guar gum that can be a great solution for the hungries. I use it for dessert if I'm not 2/3 full after finishing a regular meal. You'll see recipes for guar pudding that in the files. Both guar and Satietrol extend the length of time before your appetite returns.

It would also be a good idea to experiment for awhile with a good basic nutrition software such as DWIDP to ascertain your nutritional status. The "ON" part of "CRON" might be a good focal point for you, since you are not willing to lose more weight. Your BMI is 18, which is excellent. You can considered yourself somewhat "CR'd", but not necessarily "ON'd". The software might be quite eye-opening, if you've never used it. DWIDP is great. Some of us use Diet Power, which is free for 30 days. There's a file about software on our page.

Hugs

Suz

Hi Suz...just FWI, DietPower's free trial is now limited to 15 days which is still long enough to get acquainted with the program...which BTW, I have now elected to use in place of DWIDP. Hope you guys have a great weekend! Yeah for Kale!

----- Original Message -----

CR Support Group

Sent: Friday, September 20, 2002 8:52 AM

Subject: [ ] HUNGER

It's been my experience that hunger is a good thing. It tells me when it's time to eat. I no longer obey the societal schedules for eating. I have just three steadfast rules for eating. 1) I eat ONLY when I'm hungry. 2) I only eat sit-down meals--I no longer "snack." 3) I stop eating when I'm 2/3 full. These three rules of conduct have enabled me to get a handle on my hunger so that it's part of my life without being a chronic problem. I also use Satietrol. Probably because I'm so active, I'm likely to be not just hungry but utterly ravenous when it's time to eat. The Satietrol calms me down so that I am able to make wise food selections and to stop eating before I'm overfed.

Lina, it sounds like you're already doing a lot right. Have you read Walford's books? Two suggestions that have been often talked about here. You might be a good candidate for Satietrol. There's quite a bit about it in the message archives. Also, several of us make a low-calorie pudding based on guar gum that can be a great solution for the hungries. I use it for dessert if I'm not 2/3 full after finishing a regular meal. You'll see recipes for guar pudding that in the files. Both guar and Satietrol extend the length of time before your appetite returns.

It would also be a good idea to experiment for awhile with a good basic nutrition software such as DWIDP to ascertain your nutritional status. The "ON" part of "CRON" might be a good focal point for you, since you are not willing to lose more weight. Your BMI is 18, which is excellent. You can considered yourself somewhat "CR'd", but not necessarily "ON'd". The software might be quite eye-opening, if you've never used it. DWIDP is great. Some of us use Diet Power, which is free for 30 days. There's a file about software on our page.

Hugs

Suz

• 4 years later...
Guest guest

Gretchen, Part of what you're feeling as hunger may be those ugly little yeasties screaming "feed me, feed me, feed me" . .. When we deprive fungal organisms of their food, they really act up! ... Don't give in though. Drink a lot of water . . . at least 1/2 ounce per pound of body weight. Eat a lot of fresh veggies . .. raw if possible . .. go easy on sweet fruits. . Grapefruit and lemons are good. They will help with hunger as well. The burning feet may be a result of a Magnesium deficiency. . . I'd recommend Garden of Life's Living Calcium . .. Regardless, you want a high quality Calcium/Magnesium/Vitamin D supplement. Magnesium is extremely important to the entire body . . . It take about an hour to kick in and the effects last for about six hours, so you'll want to take 3-4 times a day. It will help with sleep too. Virgin coconut oil has an antifungal effect . .. It's not only good for cooking, but on your skin. . . You can eat it right off the spoon. If you don't like the tast of coconut, you can get Expressed Coconut oil . . not as high in nutrients though. . . You'll find it at health food stores. I know you're still very sick . .. but, it's obvious you're making progress! You've been a very sick lady! . . . and you have a way to go yet. . . Stay off sugar and on those probiotics! . .. Very, very important! . . . As much as I'd like to tell you that you will one day be able to go back to eating and doing whatever you want to, you need to look at this as a new way of life. When you reach the point where you begin feeling like yourself again, you'll still have to be careful! Have you considered getting an ionic foot bath? . .. That could help speed you on your

way. Hugs and prayers, Rogenefoxygretchy <gretchenc@...> wrote: did any of you have hunger as a symptom?im SO hungry lately.also... forearm pain and bumps that crack when i rub ithot flashesburning feetburning nostrilssleeplessness but fatigueleft eye blurry and a little brain fogears stopped up and ringingdiahhreathirstpain in legs, neck and shouldersmigraineshungermemory loss heavy

feeling body depression and anxietychapped lipsand more.anyone have these and have them go away??? how long did it take andwhat helped?thank ugretchen

Guest guest

yes ive been using epsoms. i dont know if its helping.

i cant get on any antifungals right now bec. my ALT liver count is

110... too high from the tylonol they gave me in the ER when i had the

sezieour. so... has anyone tried hydrocortisone and armour thyroid?

i read somewhere that made some women feel better. let me know.

> >

> > I believe your symptoms are pretty typical of implant illness. But

> you are already improving, aren't you? Your dizziness is getting

> better? That's so great, Gretchen!

> > You'll get better. It will take time and effort and lots of rest,

> but you will.

> > Bindi

> > hunger

> >

> >

> > did any of you have hunger as a symptom?

> > im SO hungry lately.

> >

> > also...

> >

> > forearm pain and bumps that crack when i rub it

> > hot flashes

> > burning feet

> > burning nostrils

> > sleeplessness but fatigue

> > left eye blurry and a little brain fog

> > ears stopped up and ringing

> > diahhrea

> > thirst

> > pain in legs, neck and shoulders

> > migraines

> > hunger

> > memory loss

> > heavy feeling body

> > depression and anxiety

> > chapped lips

> >

> > and more.

> >

> > anyone have these and have them go away??? how long did it take

> and

> > what helped?

> >

> > thank u

> >

> > gretchen

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > -------------------------------------------------------------------

> -----------

> >

> >

> > No virus found in this incoming message.

> > Checked by AVG Free Edition.

> > Version: 7.5.446 / Virus Database: 268.18.8/714 - Release Date:

> 3/8/2007 10:58 AM

> >

>

Guest guest

-Good because I am STARVING on this diet! LOL!!!

-- In , Rogene S <saxony01@...> wrote:

>

> Gretchen,

>

> Part of what you're feeling as hunger may be those ugly little

yeasties screaming " feed me, feed me, feed me " . .. When we deprive

fungal organisms of their food, they really act up! ... Don't give

in though.

>

> Drink a lot of water . . . at least 1/2 ounce per pound of body

weight.

>

> Eat a lot of fresh veggies . .. raw if possible . .. go easy on

sweet fruits. . Grapefruit and lemons are good. They will help with

hunger as well.

>

> The burning feet may be a result of a Magnesium deficiency. . .

I'd recommend Garden of Life's Living Calcium . .. Regardless, you

want a high quality Calcium/Magnesium/Vitamin D supplement.

Magnesium is extremely important to the entire body . . . It take

about an hour to kick in and the effects last for about six hours,

so you'll want to take 3-4 times a day. It will help with sleep too.

>

> Virgin coconut oil has an antifungal effect . .. It's not only

good for cooking, but on your skin. . . You can eat it right off the

spoon. If you don't like the tast of coconut, you can get Expressed

Coconut oil . . not as high in nutrients though. . . You'll find it

at health food stores.

>

> I know you're still very sick . .. but, it's obvious you're

making progress! You've been a very sick lady! . . . and you have a

way to go yet. . . Stay off sugar and on those probiotics! . ..

Very, very important! . . .

>

> As much as I'd like to tell you that you will one day be able to

go back to eating and doing whatever you want to, you need to look

at this as a new way of life. When you reach the point where you

begin feeling like yourself again, you'll still have to be careful!

>

> Have you considered getting an ionic foot bath? . .. That could

help speed you on your way.

>

> Hugs and prayers,

>

> Rogene

>

> foxygretchy <gretchenc@...> wrote:

> did any of you have hunger as a symptom?

> im SO hungry lately.

>

> also...

>

> forearm pain and bumps that crack when i rub it

> hot flashes

> burning feet

> burning nostrils

> sleeplessness but fatigue

> left eye blurry and a little brain fog

> ears stopped up and ringing

> diahhrea

> thirst

> pain in legs, neck and shoulders

> migraines

> hunger

> memory loss

> heavy feeling body

> depression and anxiety

> chapped lips

>

> and more.

>

> anyone have these and have them go away??? how long did it take and

> what helped?

>

> thank u

>

> gretchen

>

Guest guest

Gretchen . . . Have you looked at the ionic foot baths?. .. You can get the Ionic Oasis on ebay for a really good price. It could help detoxify your liver - as well as help with fungal issues. Rogene

Guest guest

ya but dr kolb thought it stirred up my toxins?On 3/9/07, Rogene S <saxony01@...> wrote:

Gretchen . . . Have you looked at the ionic foot baths?. .. You can get the Ionic Oasis on ebay for a really good price. It could help detoxify your liver - as well as help with fungal issues.

Rogene

-- gretchen

Guest guest

Rogene,

Wow how interesting... I bought some didn't know what to do with it yet... Thanks for that.. I thought you meant to eat it by a spoon. Duh moment again as daily routine over here...

~AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com.

Guest guest

Dr. Kolb knows her detox treatments. . . You probably weren't ready for it at the time . . . You might ask her when she thinks you'll be ready. Are you drinking a lot of water every day? Hugs, Rogene ". .Gretchen. ." <gretchenc@...> wrote: ya but dr kolb thought it stirred up my toxins? On 3/9/07, Rogene S <saxony01 > wrote: Gretchen . . . Have you looked at the ionic foot baths?. .. You can get the Ionic Oasis on ebay for a really good price. It could help detoxify your liver - as well as help with fungal issues. Rogene -- gretchen

Guest guest

OK I won't try it then.. I been cooking with it.... Yum and no different than crisco, except better for you....

Thanks again for all your wonderful tips and help

~AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com.

Guest guest

You can do your whole body with 1-2 tablespoons. .. . . It goes a long way. The only objectionable thing is that it feels oily at first . .. so wipe off any that isn't absorbed, if any, after about 15 minutes. Or you'll feel like a greased pig! It washes out of towels, clothing readily. What's interesting is that you'll find some oiliness coming through the bowel - after putting it on your skin. ... Who's to say that what we put on our skin isn't important? Read the labels! Rogene toxicsalines@... wrote: Rogene, How much virgin coconut oil do you take to help skin? ~ AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com.

Guest guest

Check www.tropicaltraditions.com for coconut info . . . You can use coconut oil as a body rub, cook with it, eat it from the spoon, add it to a hot drink, put it in a smoothie, or spread it (when it's cool) like you would butter. Rubin recommends eating two tablespoons of coconut oil a day - by whatever means. Rogene toxicsalines@... wrote: Rogene, Wow how interesting... I bought some didn't know what to do with it yet... Thanks for that.. I thought you meant to eat it by a spoon. Duh moment again as daily routine over here... ~ AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com.

Guest guest

I've tasted it right off the spoon . . . it's a very light oil that fades very quickly. The virgin oil is tasty. . . I don't prefer to eat it that way though. Rogene toxicsalines@... wrote: Rogene, Do you eat it plain right off the spoon? ~ AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com.

Guest guest

Same here, and have had pancreatitis about 5 times in the last year and a half........so, I wont even try it. If I use any oil it is extra virgin olive. I dont use it much tho.....Thank you for the information, I was going to get some coconut oil, not now..........maybe to put on my leathery skin. I was on 3 diuretics a day (cuz my heart was pumping less than 20 percent for about a year, stopped 2 of them in december and stopped the furosemide on tuesday.

DedeAOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com.

Guest guest

One thing I want to add about coconut oil, if you have liver or gallbladder

problems,

coconut oil could be a problem for you. After my pancreatitis/gallbladder

attack three

years ago, coconut oil is not well absorbed by my body at all, it makes me sick.

Also, as

with any fat, if you are trying to lose weight, you need to adjust for the

intake of extra

calories in your diet. Simply adding coconut oil to your daily intake of foods

will cause you

to gain more weight.

Kenda

>

> Check www.tropicaltraditions.com for coconut info . . .

>

> You can use coconut oil as a body rub, cook with it, eat it from the spoon,

add it to a

hot drink, put it in a smoothie, or spread it (when it's cool) like you would

butter.

>

> Rubin recommends eating two tablespoons of coconut oil a day - by whatever

means.

>

> Rogene

>

>

>

> toxicsalines@... wrote:

> Rogene,

>

> Wow how interesting... I bought some didn't know what to do with it yet...

Thanks for

that.. I thought you meant to eat it by a spoon. Duh moment again as daily

routine over

here...

>

> ~

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from

AOL at

AOL.com.

>

Guest guest

Thanks Kenda . . . good reminder! When coconut oil is used, it's to replace another source of fat . . . The only difference is that it has health benefits when compared to other fats. Olive oil is good too - but not to be used to cook at high temperatures. For Nan, who's losing weight and having a hard time getting enough calories without eating junk, it could be a way of adding calories in a healthy way. The gall bladder helps break down the fats we eat . . . If it's absent, or not functioning correctly, any fat could cause distress. Rogene

Guest guest

Rogene, would it be better to eat the fresh coconut, rather than take the oil? I have the picture of you and Sue on the wall here in our little study. Sue looks so sweet, and I am sad that she is still having problems.

Today, we are going for a walk, and I am coming off the xanax gradually. I hope that the B12 shots will work because the article sounds like me.

Have a happy day....love you.........Lea

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`````

Re: Re: hunger

Thanks Kenda . . . good reminder!

When coconut oil is used, it's to replace another source of fat . . . The only difference is that it has health benefits when compared to other fats. Olive oil is good too - but not to be used to cook at high temperatures.

For Nan, who's losing weight and having a hard time getting enough calories without eating junk, it could be a way of adding calories in a healthy way.

The gall bladder helps break down the fats we eat . . . If it's absent, or not functioning correctly, any fat could cause distress.

Rogene

Guest guest

Kenda, I am fat enough, so I guess that the coconut oil is out for me.

Thank you for this...love you....Lea

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Re: hunger

One thing I want to add about coconut oil, if you have liver or gallbladder problems, coconut oil could be a problem for you. After my pancreatitis/gallbladder attack three years ago, coconut oil is not well absorbed by my body at all, it makes me sick. Also, as with any fat, if you are trying to lose weight, you need to adjust for the intake of extra calories in your diet. Simply adding coconut oil to your daily intake of foods will cause you to gain more weight.Kenda>> Check www.tropicaltraditions.com for coconut info . . . > > You can use coconut oil as a body rub, cook with it, eat it from the spoon, add it to a hot drink, put it in a smoothie, or spread it (when it's cool) like you would butter.> > Rubin recommends eating two tablespoons of coconut oil a day - by whatever means.> > Rogene> > > > toxicsalines@... wrote:> Rogene,> > Wow how interesting... I bought some didn't know what to do with it yet... Thanks for that.. I thought you meant to eat it by a spoon. Duh moment again as daily routine over here...> > ~> > > > > ---------------------------------> AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com.>

Guest guest

Ironically enough, coconut oil, with a teaspoon or two of apple cider vinegar(mixed together or not) are supposed to help assist the fat process. I take this. Also, Weight Watchers was wonderful for me. I have lost 30 lbs and counting. It is not a diet...just a better lifestyle. Incorporate that with "The Makers Diet" and I think it's a pretty good mix and healthy lifestyle. Rogene S <saxony01@...> wrote: Thanks Kenda . . .

good reminder! When coconut oil is used, it's to replace another source of fat . . . The only difference is that it has health benefits when compared to other fats. Olive oil is good too - but not to be used to cook at high temperatures. For Nan, who's losing weight and having a hard time getting enough calories without eating junk, it could be a way of adding calories in a healthy way. The gall bladder helps break down the fats we eat . . . If it's absent, or not functioning correctly, any fat could cause distress. Rogene

Need Mail bonding?Go to the Q&A for great tips from Answers users.

Guest guest

Lea, Fresh coconut is great . . . It's just such a pain to get to it though! . . . And it is high in calories. . . . If you can find places to use coconut oil instead of oils you are already using, you shouldn't experience any weight gain. . . It cooks really well . . .However, I don't like coconut flavor in everything, so I cook with expressed coconut oil. . . . it's not as good for you though. Love, Rogene

Guest guest

Gretchen, Yes, when I first got sick, I was ravenous. I couldn't figure out why I was so hungry all the time, but I think something in my hormones (metabolism) and/or brain chemicals (the one that goes with satiation?) got totally screwed up. I just ate, and got full, but was always feeling like something wasn't satisfied. Like I needed carbs or something. I remember going on a eating spree with homemade peanut butter cookies. I couldn't get enough of them. I pretty much had most of the same symptoms as you. I remember that heavy feeling...horrible. I believe that your problems are more associated with a hormonal screw up as a result of exposure to the chemicals in the silicone than anything else. It may be biotoxins also, but I think your problem goes much deeper into a systemic whack out that is going to take some time to rebalance. I know mine took

years....over 4 years to be exact. I ended up with a thyroid disorder that is autoimmune in nature. So, something affected my endocrine system in a big way, and I had chronic inflammation to go along with all of that. Last week I experienced something that made this seem true all over again for me. I had terrible, and I mean TERRIBLE brain fog last week. It really upset me. Here's what I did differently last week....and which solidifies for me that this is related to hormones: I started seriously taking all of my supplements again after a long break. I took iodine daily, my Garden of Life multiple vitamin, my Arabinogalactan/Manapol powder mix, my thyroid meds, other Garden of Life products--RM-10, Omegazyme, Radical Fruits, Perfect Food, Vitamin C, Evening primrose Oil. I was consistent. Within a day or two, my period started...without warning, without symptoms,

nothing. I have not had a period in over 100 days. So, did it start due to my supplements? I have to wonder, as I have not had a regular period in the past year. But it always seemed to start when I got on my supplements. Along with my period came bad brain fog. I couldn't really relate it to any food. Now that my period is gone, my brain fog is gone. My head is clearing up again. I am going to try some experimenting with my supplements at this point to see if any of them bring on the brain fog if I step up their dosing. I will do this one at a time to see what the heck is going on. I don't know if that helps, but I believe alot of your troubles at this point can be hormone related and are going to be swinging for awhile until your body is able to calm down. Pattyfoxygretchy <gretchenc@...> wrote: did any of you have hunger as a symptom?im SO hungry lately.also... forearm pain and bumps that crack when i rub ithot flashesburning feetburning nostrilssleeplessness but fatigueleft eye blurry and a little brain fogears stopped up and ringingdiahhreathirstpain in legs, neck and shouldersmigraineshungermemory loss heavy feeling body depression and anxietychapped lipsand

more.anyone have these and have them go away??? how long did it take andwhat helped?thank ugretchen

Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check.Try the Beta.

Guest guest

Bee's candida site has a recipe for a great hot drink that provides all the coconut oil you need for the day, and for those on a candida diet. I tried it, and it is not too bad, almost like sipping tea. I think it can be addictive in time! and yes, it has lots of fat...but that's part of the candida diet. I am not afraid of raw egg either...Dr. Mercola says that if your eggs are organic, the chances of salmonella are greatly reduced. Here's the recipe: Contains: 19 grams of protein, 65 grams of fat and 4 grams of carbs. 3 raw large whole eggs (or 4 medium), preferably "certified organic" free-range 2 tablespoons coconut oil 2 tablespoons butter (organic or certified organic cultured & unsalted is best) 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, or to taste 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, or to taste 1 pinch of stevia sweetener, or to taste

2 — 2 ½ cups of boiled filtered water Put the first 6 ingredients in a blender and add boiled water last. Close the cover well, and blend. Some people like this drink hot, while others prefer it cold. All ingredients can be adjusted to suit individual needs. For example if you are just starting on coconut oil add 1 teaspoon and gradually increase the amount over time (every 4-5 days) to minimize die-off reactions. The number of eggs can be increased or decreased, along with any other ingredients. Rogene S <saxony01@...> wrote: Check www.tropicaltraditions.com for coconut info . . . You can use coconut oil as a body rub, cook with it, eat it from the spoon, add it to a hot drink, put it in a smoothie, or spread it (when it's cool) like you would butter. Rubin recommends eating two tablespoons of coconut oil a day - by whatever means. Rogene toxicsalinesaol wrote: Rogene, Wow how interesting... I bought some didn't know

what to do with it yet... Thanks for that.. I thought you meant to eat it by a spoon. Duh moment again as daily routine over here... ~ AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com.

Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check.Try the Beta.