RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Can die-off effect occur several weeks into the diet and how long?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Yvette,It can still be die-off. I would drop back to the intro again for a few days and then add foods back in again. I know this sounds tedious, but that is what needs to be done. Also, have you tried epsom salt baths to help with the detox?The problem with Bifidus is that although community minded, it can overgrow. Because it isn't easily predictable on who will have problems and who won't, Elaine said to avoid it to make sure. The SCD yogurt has way more probiotic benefit than anything else on the market, so unless he is having problems with dairy, I would just stick with that for now. The fish oil is for the Omega-3 benefit I would imagine. You can also use cold pressed Flaxseed oil mixed with yogurt for the same benefit. Put 2

tablespoons in a 1/2 c of yogurt and blend well. The oil will bind with the protein making it's benefits better for some reason (this has been researched and is actually on my bottle of flaxseed oil for directions of use). It will help him with benefits to brain, eye, and joint function as well as reducing inflammation. Keep the bottle in the fridge to preserve it. A good brand will come in a dark bottle inside a box to protect it from light.AmeliaTo:

BTVC-SCD Sent: Thu, October 14, 2010 8:23:44 AMSubject: Can die-off effect occur several weeks into the diet and how long?

My son, age 8,diagnosed with Crohn's in July having had symptoms for 9 months started SCD about 5 weeks ago. After 4 days, I saw big improvements. The dizziness/headachy feeling was gone. The low grade fever was gone, the joint pain was improving, the cramping was fewer and less intense. Rarely had diarrhea, thankfully. So, 3 1/2 weeks into the diet, he goes into a severe joint pain flare up, with fever and fatigue. It started after beginning physical therapy so I thought it was a result of the PT. But now the cramping seems a little worse and he is getting the dizziness, fatigue, moodiness & irritable, still having pretty bad joint pain, although a little better than a week ago. He had some loose stools, I think a result of some grapes which we "tried" obviously too early. I haven't introduced many new foods. He was doing well early on, and I was so hopeful. Does anyone know if this is a "flare" or if it is possibly die-off. How long could

the die-off last. Yesterday, we saw an integrative pediatric GI who thankfully was very supportive of the diet and thinks it may be die-off, but he is not completely knowledgeable about SCD and didn't see what was wrong with probiotic with bifidus. He recommended some homeopathic remedies from Boiron, fish oil (which I am not sure if it is legal brand), and probiotics (which has the bifidus), to get started. Just wondering what the die-off entails. I thought die-off occurred only the first few days. Could it be occurring after 4-5 weeks? -Yvette, Luke's mom.

Guest guest

I thought die-off occurred only the first few days. Could it be occurring after 4-5 weeks? -Yvette, Luke's mom.oh yeah. It can occur at any point.It can get quite intense and last for a while as well, depending on what is being killed off. Mara