RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Making cookies with almond flour and NO eggs (Was: Re: Re:Bread crumbs)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

> I made cookie crumbs this time last year before I had eggs. I was> trying shortbread cookies, with almond flour, butter, and> honey. Without an egg I don't think almond flour will hold> together! So as cookies it wasn't a success, but I think if you> eliminated the honey and put butter or whatever oil you like in with> the almond flour, and bake it you'd probably have crumbs you could> use with your chicken recipe. You might even add some parmesan to this.> >> How do you make bread crumbs? Sometimes I just add some almond flour> but I'm sure there's a better way. I'd like to make chicken parm.> Re: "bread" crumbs: Use straight almond flour, seasoned with salt, pepper and/or whatever you like/can tolerate, for chicken parm. It works very well. First either dip the chicken pices in beaten egg, or in a very thin coating of yogurt; or just wet it slightly. Sprinkle on the almond flour and gently shake off the excess.Re: cookies without eggs. Cookie batter DOES NOT need eggs. If it's got enough fat in it the almond flour holds together just fine.I made up a cookie recipe of just almond flour, butter and almond extract (and a pinch of salt), and as much honey as you like, to taste. They're dynamite. And they hold together just fine.Or, if you can eat peanut butter, make peanut butter cookies with almond flour, honey, peanut butter and a bit of plain butter. I didn't actually measure the ingredients; just eye-balled it and when the consistency was right stopped adding almond flour. I used approximately a half jar of natural, chunky peanute butter (just ground peanuts and salt), about a 1/4 cup of butter, maybe 2- 2-1/2 cups of almond flour and 1/3-1/2 cup honey.  For the almond cookies, one stick of butter, 2 cups of almond flour and about a teaspoon of almond extract, a pinch of salt. In each case, form them into balls, place on a cookie sheet then flatten them with your fingers (or a fork). n-- Now available. A fine gift for cat lovers:Confessions of a Cataholic: My Life With the 10 Cats Who Caused My Addictionby n Van Tilwww.wordpowerpublishing.com ; signed copies; free shipping in U.S., reduced shipping elsewhere