RemedySpot.com

Re: Disabililty interview

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi ,I didn't have a face to face interview but rather a phone interview.  I had sent in all my paperwork plus copies of all tests and doctors notes.  When they called they basically went over the questionnaire line by line.  When you send in your paperwork make sure to keep copies so you will remember exactly how you filled the stuff out.  That way when talking to the interviewer, you can refer to your copy and make sure you don't leave anything out.My phone called lasted 30 minutes and I never had another call or appointment.  I got a letter in the mail telling me I had been approved, how much I had been awarded and when the first check would be deposited . The paperwork was the hard part as it was several pages and the same questions asked in different ways.  The interview was a snap.Good luck.Roxanne, 59, South

Carolina

2006 Asthma/ PF

2008 PF/ Sarcoidosis/Gerd

I pray you enough.....Subject: Disabililty interviewTo: Breathe-Support Date: Saturday, December 26, 2009, 8:46 PM

I'm trying to get together what I need to file for disability and was wondering what sort of questions they ask at the interviw . I'm really bad at any kind of interview , I get really nervous and I thought if I had an idea of what they ask I would do better .

Thanks

W./ Silicosis / 6/08

, I never had an in person

interview...just a few questions over the phone.

They sent forms for me to fill out and then they sent forms to all the

docs I listed

Your best friends are the nurse/office managers at the doctors offices.

They make sure all the info

is filled out and that the doctor reads your file really well and

then they send the forms to SSDI.

I had the $ in my bank account before the acceptance letter got to

me!You are eligible to file 6 months after

illness causes you to stop working and they pay retro actively to that

stop date!

Don't be intimidated by the lawyer advertisements...most people have no

problems at all.

If you are on O2 and have a DX of PF you will not be rejected. At least

not in PA!

Happy New Year

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

Z 65, fibriotic NSIP/05/PA

And

“mild” PH/10/07

No,

NSIP was not self-inflicted…I never smoked!

Potter,

reader,carousel lover and MomMom to Darah and Sara

“I’m

gonna be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

Vinca

Minor-periwinkle is my flower

toadwizard wrote:

I'm trying to get together what I need to file for disability and

was wondering what sort of questions they ask at the interviw . I'm

really bad at any kind of interview , I get really nervous and I

thought if I had an idea of what they ask I would do better .

Thanks

W./ Silicosis / 6/08

Being really bad isn't bad at this interview. If you do have one, the

main thing you want to do is be sure they realize your full condition.

This isn't the day to dress up and put on all your makeup and carry

yourself as if you're healthy. I forget who here said they wore no

makeup that day. It's certainly a time to let them know how out of

breath you are or how difficult the drive and walk were. I'm not saying

to act, but I'm saying most of the time we act and hide our true

condition and this is the day not to do that.

>

> I'm trying to get together what I need to file for disability and was

wondering what sort of questions they ask at the interviw . I'm really

bad at any kind of interview , I get really nervous and I thought if I

had an idea of what they ask I would do better .

> Thanks

> W./ Silicosis / 6/08

>

and Bruce, I disagree about dressing down for your interview. This disease speaks for its self. I might not walk to fast but be sure to take information about this disease with you. Once they look it up your good to go. Tell them right off the bat that you have a terminal illness.

Love & PrayersPeggy, IPF 2004

>

> Thanks

> W./ Silicosis / 6/08

>

Peggy

I didn't say dressing down. I said not attempting to look better than

you are but to let them know the real state of your condition. The

disease doesn't automatically qualify you. Having a terminal disease

doesn't automatically qualify you. PFT's play a role, stage of disease

does, and other conditions do. But they are human and many of us can

appear to be quite well and much better than we are. I'm just telling

not to be concerned that she's bad at interviews. Go prepared.

Yes, do have information about the disease. And, do have good statements

from your doctors. But you're talking to people who are human and will

form opinions based on what they observe. If they observe a person who

appears to be in good enough condition to work to them and who appears

healthy to them, then that can definitely influence their initial

rulings. Some states and some agents are easier than others. Texas is

one of the toughest with an outrageously high denial but then a large

amount overturned on appeal. Taking information as you suggest is an

excellent suggestion. But, I'll also stay with the opinion that many

will form strong opinions based on their observations the day you are

there. They are humans influence in many different ways. Many of us are

use to saying we're " fine " (bet you've heard that from a million

times) and acting like we're far better than we are. That approach isn't

called for in this situation.

> > >

> > > I'm trying to get together what I need to file for disability and

was

> > wondering what sort of questions they ask at the interviw . I'm

really

> > bad at any kind of interview , I get really nervous and I thought if

I

> > had an idea of what they ask I would do better .

> > > Thanks

> > > W./ Silicosis / 6/08

> > >

> >

> >

>

I never had an "interview" as I did everything either online or over the phone. I had a couple of brief phone conversations with someone from SS but neither of those were formal interviews. Try to relax and just show up to tell the truth.

I do agree with Bruce regarding how to present yourself. I'm not saying going out of your way to look bad, just don't go out of your way to look great. I think that most women are very conscious of putting our "best foot forward".....makeup, hair etc and putting a good face on everything. I still do it with my family, downplaying my own condition to make others feel comfortable. I'm only saying that your interview is not the time to do that. Be yourself and let the disease take center stage. It will if we don't take pains to hide it.

Beth

Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Sat, December 26, 2009 8:46:54 PMSubject: Disabililty interview

I'm trying to get together what I need to file for disability and was wondering what sort of questions they ask at the interviw . I'm really bad at any kind of interview , I get really nervous and I thought if I had an idea of what they ask I would do better .Thanks W./ Silicosis / 6/08

and Bruce,I had forgotten, that in my phone interview I coughed and coughed and coughed-----get the picture?  I guess that is why it only lasted 30 minutes.Roxanne, 59, South Carolina

2006 Asthma/ PF

I pray you enough.....Subject: Re: Disabililty interviewTo: Breathe-Support Date: Saturday, December 26, 2009, 9:43 PM

>

> Thanks

> W./ Silicosis / 6/08

>

MB,Do you know the website to go to for disability? I'm in NY.To: Breathe-Support Sent: Sun, December 27, 2009 9:07:16 AMSubject: Re: Disabililty interview

I never had an "interview" as I did everything either online or over the phone. I had a couple of brief phone conversations with someone from SS but neither of those were formal interviews. Try to relax and just show up to tell the truth.

I do agree with Bruce regarding how to present yourself. I'm not saying going out of your way to look bad, just don't go out of your way to look great. I think that most women are very conscious of putting our "best foot forward".... .makeup, hair etc and putting a good face on everything. I still do it with my family, downplaying my own condition to make others feel comfortable. I'm only saying that your interview is not the time to do that. Be yourself and let the disease take center stage. It will if we don't take pains to hide it.

Beth

From: toadwizard <toadwizard (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comSent: Sat, December 26, 2009 8:46:54 PMSubject: Disabililty interview

I'm trying to get together what I need to file for disability and was wondering what sort of questions they ask at the interviw . I'm really bad at any kind of interview , I get really nervous and I thought if I had an idea of what they ask I would do better .Thanks W./ Silicosis / 6/08

It's the same anywhere in the US. www.socialsecurity.gov. You can complete the application forms for disability right on their website. Once I did that I dropped off a package with all my medical documentation off at my local office. They called a couple of times and I filled out a couple more forms, and I had to see one of their doctors but the whole thing was approved in about 4 months. I had money in my bank account before I received the letter.

Beth

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Sun, December 27, 2009 9:56:33 AMSubject: Re: Disabililty interview

MB,Do you know the website to go to for disability? I'm in NY.

From: Beth <mbmurtha (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comSent: Sun, December 27, 2009 9:07:16 AMSubject: Re: Disabililty interview

I do agree with Bruce regarding how to present yourself. I'm not saying going out of your way to look bad, just don't go out of your way to look great. I think that most women are very conscious of putting our "best foot forward".... .makeup, hair etc and putting a good face on everything. I still do it with my family, downplaying my own condition to make others feel comfortable. I'm only saying that your interview is not the time to do that. Be yourself and let the disease take center stage. It will if we don't take pains to hide it.

Beth

From: toadwizard <toadwizard (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comSent: Sat, December 26, 2009 8:46:54 PMSubject: Disabililty interview

nancy

at my interview

they looked at my papers and made copies of everything

i don't remember too much else about it

he did inform me that if i continue to work part time -- how much i would be allowed to make per month

Pink Joyce R (IPF 3/06) IFA 5/09 Pennsylvania

Donate Life Listed 1/09 Inactive 4/09

www.transplantfund.org---

Subject: Disabililty interviewTo: Breathe-Support Date: Saturday, December 26, 2009, 8:46 PM

the money was deposited into my account before they informed me that it was approved

Subject: Re: Disabililty interviewTo: Breathe-Support Date: Saturday, December 26, 2009, 9:07 PM

Hi ,

I didn't have a face to face interview but rather a phone interview. I had sent in all my paperwork plus copies of all tests and doctors notes. When they called they basically went over the questionnaire line by line. When you send in your paperwork make sure to keep copies so you will remember exactly how you filled the stuff out. That way when talking to the interviewer, you can refer to your copy and make sure you don't leave anything out.

My phone called lasted 30 minutes and I never had another call or appointment. I got a letter in the mail telling me I had been approved, how much I had been awarded and when the first check would be deposited . The paperwork was the hard part as it was several pages and the same questions asked in different ways. The interview was a snap.

Good luck.Roxanne, 59, South Carolina2006 Asthma/ PF2008 PF/ Sarcoidosis/ GerdI pray you enough.....

From: toadwizard <toadwizard (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>Subject: Disabililty interviewTo: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Saturday, December 26, 2009, 8:46 PM

Bruce

i am the one who said i wore no make up and carried my helios with me -- the helios was new to me at the time -- i think i walked in with it on

the pulmonary said that when people are on o2, SSDI is usually granted

Subject: Re: Disabililty interviewTo: Breathe-Support Date: Saturday, December 26, 2009, 9:43 PM

Being really bad isn't bad at this interview. If you do have one, themain thing you want to do is be sure they realize your full condition.This isn't the day to dress up and put on all your makeup and carryyourself as if you're healthy. I forget who here said they wore nomakeup that day. It's certainly a time to let them know how out ofbreath you are or how difficult the drive and walk were. I'm not sayingto act, but I'm saying most of the time we act and hide our truecondition and this is the day not to do that.>> I'm trying to get together what I need to file for disability and waswondering what sort of questions they ask at

the interviw . I'm reallybad at any kind of interview , I get really nervous and I thought if Ihad an idea of what they ask I would do better .> Thanks> W./ Silicosis / 6/08>

If you can go to your social security office or call themthey will have a packet of all the information you need. for interview. Good luck Iwas denied for the first time. I will be calling tomorrow and find out why they count my spouses income. So does that mean I will end having to divorce him in order to get anything. I need my income what little it is but I still need it for living. S**ks Gascoigne SD, 50 yrs old, Renaud's 2008, IPF 7/2009To: Breathe-Support Sent: Sat, December 26, 2009 7:46:54 PMSubject: Disabililty interview

I'm trying to get together what I need to file for disability and was wondering what sort of questions they ask at the interviw . I'm really bad at any kind of interview , I get really nervous and I thought if I had an idea of what they ask I would do better .

Thanks

W./ Silicosis / 6/08

Thanks , do they tell you why when they deny you ?

>

> If you can go to your social security office or call themthey will have a

packet of all the information you need. for interview. Good luck Iwas denied

for the first time. I will be calling tomorrow and find out why they count my

spouses income. So does that mean I will end having to divorce him in order to

get anything. I need my income what little it is but I still need it for

living. S**ks

>

> Gascoigne SD, 50 yrs old, Renaud's 2008, IPF 7/2009

>

>

>

>

>

> ________________________________

>

> To: Breathe-Support

> Sent: Sat, December 26, 2009 7:46:54 PM

> Subject: Disabililty interview

>

>

wondering what sort of questions they ask at the interviw . I'm really bad at

any kind of interview , I get really nervous and I thought if I had an idea of

what they ask I would do better .

> Thanks

> W./ Silicosis / 6/08

>

Is SS disability based on your total income or your loss of income from not being able to work????????????

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Mon, December 28, 2009 5:58:35 PMSubject: Re: Disabililty interview

If you can go to your social security office or call themthey will have a packet of all the information you need. for interview. Good luck Iwas denied for the first time. I will be calling tomorrow and find out why they count my spouses income. So does that mean I will end having to divorce him in order to get anything. I need my income what little it is but I still need it for living. S**ks

Gascoigne SD, 50 yrs old, Renaud's 2008, IPF 7/2009

From: toadwizard <toadwizard (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comSent: Sat, December 26, 2009 7:46:54 PMSubject: Disabililty interview

Social Security Disability is not income based at all. How much money your husband makes is not taken into account at all for SSDI. It's solely based on whether you've contributed enough to the system to qualify for the benefit and then whether or not you qualify as "disabled".

If you've been turned down for SSDI you have a right to appeal and in many places stand a good chance of being approved on appeal.

SSI is income based. Maybe that is what you've been turned down for?

Beth

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Mon, December 28, 2009 6:58:35 PMSubject: Re: Disabililty interview

If you can go to your social security office or call themthey will have a packet of all the information you need. for interview. Good luck Iwas denied for the first time. I will be calling tomorrow and find out why they count my spouses income. So does that mean I will end having to divorce him in order to get anything. I need my income what little it is but I still need it for living. S**ks

From: toadwizard <toadwizard (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comSent: Sat, December 26, 2009 7:46:54 PMSubject: Disabililty interview

The purpose of SSDI is to pay you when you become too ill to earn a life "sustainable" income.  If you still work and earn above the threshold of $860-890 dollars a month, SS does not consider you disabled enough.The amount of your award, once approved is based on your income over the last 10 years and not what you are currently earning.Roxanne, 59, South Carolina

2006 Asthma/ PF

I pray you enough.....Subject: Re: Disabililty interviewTo: Breathe-Support Date: Monday, December 28, 2009, 7:45 PM

Is SS disability based on your total income or your loss of  income from not being able to work???????? ????

From: Gascoigne <michelle.gascoigne@ yahoo.com>To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, December 28, 2009 5:58:35 PMSubject: Re: Disabililty interview 

If you can go to your social security office or call themthey will have a packet of all the information you need. for interview.  Good luck  Iwas denied for the first time.  I will be calling tomorrow and find out why they count my spouses income.  So does that mean I will end having to divorce him in order to get anything.  I need my income what little it is but I still need it for living. S**ks

Gascoigne  SD, 50 yrs old, Renaud's 2008, IPF 7/2009

From the social security website :

How much will my benefits be?

The amount of your monthly disability benefit is based on your average lifetime

earnings. The Social Security Statement that you receive each year displays your

lifetime earnings and provides an estimate of your disability benefit. It also

includes estimates of retirement and survivors benefits that you or your family

may be eligible to receive in the future. If you do not have your Social

Security Statement and would like an estimate of your disability benefit, you

can request one at www.socialsecurity.gov or call our toll-free number,

1-.

>

> Is SS disability based on your total income or your loss of  income from not

being able to work????????????

>

>

>

>

>

> To: Breathe-Support

> Sent: Mon, December 28, 2009 5:58:35 PM

> Subject: Re: Disabililty interview

>

>  

> If you can go to your social security office or call themthey will have a

packet of all the information you need. for interview.  Good luck  Iwas denied

for the first time.  I will be calling tomorrow and find out why they count my

spouses income.  So does that mean I will end having to divorce him in order to

get anything.  I need my income what little it is but I still need it for

living. S**ks

>

> Gascoigne  SD, 50 yrs old, Renaud's 2008, IPF 7/2009

>

>

>

>

>

> From: toadwizard <toadwizard (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>

> To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com

> Sent: Sat, December 26, 2009 7:46:54 PM

> Subject: Disabililty interview

>

>  

wondering what sort of questions they ask at the interviw . I'm really bad at

any kind of interview , I get really nervous and I thought if I had an idea of

what they ask I would do better .

> Thanks

> W./ Silicosis / 6/08

>

social security disability

it's based on your income and whether or not you have enough "quarters" in

if you have been getting yearly statements from soc sec you should have a rough idea as to what you will get

spouses income should have nothing to do with social security disability

SSDI is based on your earnings

spouses insome could effect the other form which is welfare -- i think that is SSI

[something supplemental income?]

Subject: Re: Disabililty interviewTo: Breathe-Support Date: Monday, December 28, 2009, 7:45 PM

Is SS disability based on your total income or your loss of income from not being able to work???????? ????

From: Gascoigne <michelle.gascoigne@ yahoo.com>To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, December 28, 2009 5:58:35 PMSubject: Re: Disabililty interview