RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

My doctor visit

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello, everyone!

Just thought I'd update you on my dr. appt.

I went to my rheumy yesterday and she wants me to lay off the MTX for a couple of weeks until I completely get over this throat problem I have. She's a little Greek lady and never says much.... didn't say if I have the flu, bronchitis or pneumonia.....but when she looked at my throat she said "Oh this is very bad." She put me on antibiotics and a cough syrup and strongly suggested I see my PCP in a week if I'm not over this. She told me to cancel my dental appointment until I'm completely over this stuff. I was hoping to get the dental work on this years insurance. It's bad having this crud, but kind of nice not to have to take the MTX. Is that weird thinking, or what? LOL She also switched me to the injectable MTX, saying that would stop the nausea I always have after taking the MTX. (I already knew that because YOU guys had told me it would help.)

My bone scan showed some definite problems with my knees, shoulders and lumbar area, so she sent me for xrays of my knees. I don't know what I'm supposed to do about the shoulder problems, but they really do hurt (and have for quite a long time) on the upper outside area. Is this clear as mud? The exact words on the report that referred to my shoulders was "....activity in both shoulders is also identified which may represent degenerative change or rotator cuff abnormality." Oh, it also said "anterior distal left femur uptake. This may be related to prior trauma or a flat small bone infarct." If any of you understand this, and can put it in layman's terms, I would appreciate it.

Not much else going on here. We got our new furnace in Monday, just in time, because it started freezing here yesterday and snowing. The snowflakes get bigger every time I look out the window. One of the installers fell through the ceiling, so now I'm waiting on the insurance company to call and let me know when they will be out to fix it. Always something, isn't it? LOL

I'm so far behind on reading the posts, but I hope you all are doing as well as can be expected.

Take care,