RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Digest Number 2866

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In a message dated 11/07/2002 2:22:49 AM Central Standard Time, Rpolychondritis writes:

I did really well on the lower doses of MTX. I always took mine at night, so I could sleep off any side effects that I may have had, and I always took it with a meal. I was also on Folic Acid. I never did have migraines with MTX and I was on 20 mg per week eventually. Finally it was the continuous nausea that got to me, but not everyone gets it that bad. As far as tiredness, I think Imuran is worse than MTX....at least it has been that way for me. But, we are all so different in our responses.

Squeek,

Everyone seems to have the nausea, and I wonder if there isn't something to counteract it. mentioned Leucovorin, so if I do have problems, I'm definitely asking my Rheumy about it. I have migraines weekly anyway, so it will be difficult to know if it's the "normal" migraine or something the metho is causing. I guess it doesn't matter, does it. If you did well on the lower dosage, why was your dosage increased?

My bone scan is Friday, 11/15, and I will let you know how that goes. It was kind of funny because, as I've told you all before, my little Greek rheumy is kind of "different." When I went to see Dr. Buckner, she asked me if I had had a full body bone scan. I told her no, and she suggested I have one when I returned to OK just to make sure everything was okay in that area. When I mentioned it to my rheumy here, she said, "Oh, we don't do that." Well, hmmmm, now she's decided to "do that." LOL

Love,