RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

My scope is off for tomorrow

Rate this topic

Guest guest

boy what a day I had today. I have been fighting with drs. all day. I will try to make this as short as possible. I checked with my local cardiologist and the urologist today to make sure that I didn't need to stop my coumadin for the scope. They both said NO. I told them I was going to have the level checked just to make sure it was okay. I got a call from the cardiologits nurse and she said it was fine and to retake it in a month and to continue on with the dose I'm taking. I asked her what the level was. She said 3.9. WELL, I'm suppose to be 2.0-3.0. Stanford had a fit when I went above 3.0. I told her that was too high. She said no... they checked with another dr because mine was out of town and he said I could go to 4.0

Well I called my cardiologist at Stanford and the nurse there said " NO way" She said she would check and call me right back. Well she did. What a sweetheart. She said that for all procedures, with my valve and being on pred, etc. I was to stop my coumadin 3 days prior to any procedure and that I was to give myself injections of Lovenox (Enoxaparin) in the stomach. Then have the procedure done and the next day start the coumadin and 3 more days of injections then have a coumadin level done again. She said this was very important because of the valve. I called the urologist to cancel the appt and the nurse said she wouldn't do it until I talked to the dr. Well, he called at 7pm. He felt I should still do it. He said he had done more scopes on cardiac patients and had had no problems bleeding. I told him if I pulled a hang nail, I had to apply pressure. The blood test today took forever to stop bleeding. He was really nice about it, but didn't agree. He told me to just let him know when my level was down. I told him No.... just schedule the test and I would do as directed by Stanford. I explained about the RP and that I was flaring now and with the chance of infection and hopefully the right antibiotic, I didn't want to take any chances with any bleeding. He finally agreed. He said his nurse will call tomorrow and see if we can schedule it for Monday. Geez...

Then I tried to get appts with all my Stanford Drs for Nov before my insurance runs out and they are all booked. I was sooo mad... I got a call from the Rheumy and they had a cancelation for tomorrow at 3pm so I'm taking it. I can't get below 20 mg of pred. I have lots of questions to ask and want to get them all in for my last visit.

So.. sorry this was so long. Just wanted to let you know what my day was like. LOL I did do great at rehab. Increased a bit on my workouts.

I will be back tomorrow night. We are going to try to make the trip in one day. So I will talk to you in the morning and then probably on Friday.

Thanks for letting me vent again. Now I have to go look up the new drugs that I will be taking.

hugs