Re: Sleep Changes

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I really don't have much advice for you since I'm going through a similar

stituation. I just wanted to let you know that I feel your pain :) My son got

his band 2 days ago and sleeping for him has been so very difficult. He

unfortunately has a cold and congestion to go along with adjusting to the band

and last night I thought he was so uncomfortable with the band and could not

breathe with his stopped up nose so I took the helmet off thinking he would wake

up in a few hour s and I would just put the band back on. But boy was I wrong!

He STTN, as usual, without his band on. Now I know he was crying mostly due to

the band. I am afraid tonight is going to be a tough one maybe even worse than

the first night because I know he has got to get used to his helmet. So I guess

all I can say is hang in there, as I am trying to and I just keep reminding

myself " it will get better and it is only temporary " Good luck!

-

Trevor-8months

> Hi Everyone -

> Our son (6 months old) has been in a helmet for 2 weeks now. Since starting

the helment, I've noticed a change in his sleeping pattern. Rather than sleep 4

hours at a time, he's been waking every 2 hours. I'm trying to figure out if

this is an adjustment to the helmet, teething, growth spurt, etc. I was curious

if others noticed a change in sleep habits when first using the helmet.

>

> Many thanks,

>

> (mother to Eli 6-months)

>

Guest guest

I know Atripla affects our sleep with REM and all that. Does older age also play a role.. A few years ago, I;m 52 now.. I'd go to sleep at midnite and wake up at 9am. Now, I know I wake up a few times during the nite and change positions etc, I dont get out of bed to pee, etc but I don't sleep uninterrupted. any thoughts? I've never taken a sleeping pill and even now, I have no problem falling asleep and dont feel tired during the day. I just know that I wake up a few times and toss during the night

Guest guest

I am 66 now. I used to be able to fall asleep easily and sleep soundly, just about any place, anywhere, any time whenever needed . . . or not! <GRIN>But, as I grew older, I found my sleep patterns changed. Naps were more frequent. After I got sick about 4 years ago, and then started Atripla, I experienced difficulty with sleep, much like you describe. Although I have a smallish bladder and was used to getting up at least once or twice a night to pee, after I started Atripla, it was both difficult falling to sleep and staying asleep. Restless. And tired the next day. I discussed with my doctor and after trying several different things, hit upon a mild sleep aid that works for me. My suggestion is that you talk to your doctor. It could be a number of things contributing to the problem, not just the Atripla. Exercise is also one, as well as diet, especially caffeine. JonOn Apr 13, 2012, at 11:15 AM, hoppefaith@... wrote:I know Atripla affects our sleep with REM and all that. Does older age also play a role.. A few years ago, I;m 52 now.. I'd go to sleep at midnite and wake up at 9am. Now, I know I wake up a few times during the nite and change positions etc, I dont get out of bed to pee, etc but I don't sleep uninterrupted. any thoughts? I've never taken a sleeping pill and even now, I have no problem falling asleep and dont feel tired during the day. I just know that I wake up a few times and toss during the night

Guest guest

I am 66 now. I used to be able to fall asleep easily and sleep soundly, just about any place, anywhere, any time whenever needed . . . or not! <GRIN>But, as I grew older, I found my sleep patterns changed. Naps were more frequent. After I got sick about 4 years ago, and then started Atripla, I experienced difficulty with sleep, much like you describe. Although I have a smallish bladder and was used to getting up at least once or twice a night to pee, after I started Atripla, it was both difficult falling to sleep and staying asleep. Restless. And tired the next day. I discussed with my doctor and after trying several different things, hit upon a mild sleep aid that works for me. My suggestion is that you talk to your doctor. It could be a number of things contributing to the problem, not just the Atripla. Exercise is also one, as well as diet, especially caffeine. JonOn Apr 13, 2012, at 11:15 AM, hoppefaith@... wrote:I know Atripla affects our sleep with REM and all that. Does older age also play a role.. A few years ago, I;m 52 now.. I'd go to sleep at midnite and wake up at 9am. Now, I know I wake up a few times during the nite and change positions etc, I dont get out of bed to pee, etc but I don't sleep uninterrupted. any thoughts? I've never taken a sleeping pill and even now, I have no problem falling asleep and dont feel tired during the day. I just know that I wake up a few times and toss during the night

Guest guest

I've had that problem as well and I am on one of your meds which is Sustiva. That one commonly causes sleep problems. In my case getting to sleep is a problem, but I do seem to be a light sleeper as well. I'm 52 as well and so I am going through perimenopause which in itself can cause sleep problems. What seems to help me sleep quite often is Valerian in tincture form. Sometimes I take two Magnesium pills (400 mg. total) to help my muscles to relax. I do have to get out of bed to pee most nights. I've had sleeping pills in my cabinet for months and I'm afraid to take them.

Re: sleep changes

Posted by: "hoppefaith@..." hoppefaith@... bjncarlsbad

Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:21 pm (PDT)

I know Atripla affects our sleep with REM and all that. Does older age also play a role.. A few years ago, I;m 52 now.. I'd go to sleep at midnite and wake up at 9am. Now, I know I wake up a few times during the nite and change positions etc, I dont get out of bed to pee, etc but I don't sleep uninterrupted. any thoughts? I've never taken a sleeping pill and even now, I have no problem falling asleep and dont feel tired during the day. I just know that I wake up a few times and toss during the night

Guest guest

I've had that problem as well and I am on one of your meds which is Sustiva. That one commonly causes sleep problems. In my case getting to sleep is a problem, but I do seem to be a light sleeper as well. I'm 52 as well and so I am going through perimenopause which in itself can cause sleep problems. What seems to help me sleep quite often is Valerian in tincture form. Sometimes I take two Magnesium pills (400 mg. total) to help my muscles to relax. I do have to get out of bed to pee most nights. I've had sleeping pills in my cabinet for months and I'm afraid to take them.

Re: sleep changes

Posted by: "hoppefaith@..." hoppefaith@... bjncarlsbad

Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:21 pm (PDT)