RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Off topic

Rate this topic

Guest guest

, I've noticed your email address is precise sewing. Do you sew professionally, as a hobby, or what? I used to sew all kinds of stuff. Made lots of my kids' clothes--Calvin Klein jeans, with the stitch pattern on the pockets & all. I made heavy-duty winter coats for my son & husband, flannel shirts with all the plaid matching at the seams & the pockets on the bias! Plus pearlized snaps. I made hoodies, all kinds of tee shirts, blouses with ruffles & pleats, then cross stitch or embroidery designs on them. Stuffed animals, personalized Christmas ornaments. I look back & think, "How on earth did I do all that?" I worked full-time, cooked regular meals (not cold cuts & chips; oops.), sewed, gardened & canned (30 qts. of cherries one year!), helped coach softball, plus practiced with all 3 kids. Now if I get my partials in & put on something besides pj's, it's a productive day. To quote a country song (sorry I don't remember who wrote or performed it), "I'm too young to feel this damn old." Amen to that.

Ramblin' RoseCo-owner/Moderator A merry heart is good medicine. Proverbs 17:22

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: precisesewing@...Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 07:16:34 -0700Subject: Re: Re: Eye question - retianl detachment or some-other

Hey Mike,

On the MRI it looks like a big brain tumor that ingulfed my optic chiasm and some brain matter. but all my blood work and spinal fluid was normal so they did a brain biopsy to determine what it was. The results showed lymphocytic infiltrate with granulomatous features. The work up for systemic sarcoidosis was negative and CSF showed no evidence of infection but did show lymphocytic pleocytosis. I am on Prednisone now and slowly decreasing since the last MRI at the end of april showed no sign of inflammation in the optic nerves and brain. The swollen optic nerves took most of my sight in my left eye. Just trying to get through the side effects of the pred. and the new way of looking at things with one eye.

good luck.

To: Neurosarcoidosis Sent: Sun, May 15, 2011 9:07:54 PMSubject: Re: Eye question - retianl detachment or some-other

Hello folks, (yes - its me - again )So - as of today (sunday) I have been to see my Optometrist, an opthalmologist, and a Neurologist. The Opthalmologist has indicated Optic neuritis, and seems quite concerned that I get an MRI done on (whats keft of ) my head. A (previously identified) Pituitary Micro-Adenome may have enlarged and may be compressing on my optic nerve, or an occurence of an isolated OPticNerve N-sarc - but the MRI will gave to show what it may be. My eyesight hasnt gotten worse, but not much better. Neither mt family or myself have noticed any other functional deficits associated with my original Dx of NeuroSarc, Just my euesight.,,so her e I sit waiting for an MRI Appointment to be made. If the issue is the Pit-Adenoma being enlarged (encroaching compressing the optic nerve), that would pose issues of its own (transfenoidal pit- resection ? ), if its Sarcoid @ my optic nerve - more steroids - I'll just have to wait for the MRI and the neurologist to interpret it. For now, nothing to do but wait, (I'll just have another cup of tea)Hope everyone is managing regardsMike>> I don't post often, and I don't mean to seem like a 'whiner', but...> ...having ben Dx'd w\ NeuroSarc Dec 1995 , I was treated w\ high doses of {rednisone, Dilantin (seizures), and Cyclosporine. August 1996 i had a Retianl Viterectomy on my left eye to remove scarring (caused by the SarcMonster), then in April 2007 Cataract surgery (left eye). both times my vision was 'saved' , restored to (almost) perfect. This past week I have had a psuedo-blind spot appear in my central vision of my (guess where !!) left eye. I do have an appointment with my eye Dr Thursday so he can have a look @ my left eye, and hopefully refer me to an opthalmomlogist (as neccessary). From what I have read online, some surgical intervention may be possible to save the vision in my left eye, but...as much as I hate to say it....I'm worried. > I am wondering if anyone has any experience or ideas may be able to share ?> I do not like to ask, as I know some folks have\have had issues of their own to deal with. Mant thanks in advance > Mike @ StCatharines, Ont>