RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: not ventint so much anymore

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Connie, even though i'm a long drive from Detroit, your info is still very helpful.  i've still made a couple phone calls to the Henry Ford Hospital, and hope to talk to one of their sarc doctors tomorrow.  this is how it starts, even if it turns out that they're not what i need, they can help to put me in touch with the right people & let me know what other options are out there. 

i have some people lending me a hand now, to look things up, make phone calls, help me remember things & keep me headed in the right direction.... basically help keep me from getting overwhelmed and panicked about things.  we hope to have a little meeting with my PCP tomorrow (he doesn't know it yet) to talk about going downstate to seek more specialized professionals. 

gotta call in sick again tomorrow, & i don't know how bad that'll turn out to be, in terms of my employment, but i'm at the point now where getting some help is way more important than keeping my job.  don't know where all this will lead, i hope tomorrow is successful and productive.

as always, thanks to everyone for the support, advice, and patience!

ck

Your welcome, I didn't mess up the town did I, I thought you said you were near Detroit, but with my " nasty little friend " messing with my synapsis I never know.  Glad things went better with the intern, and yes NeedyMeds.Org covers Immitrex, even the injectable kind which is 300.00/mth.  When I worked at Voc Rehab I used to have it sent to one of the clients. (No charge at that time)

To: Neurosarcoidosis

Sent: Fri, April 15, 2011 8:04:15 AMSubject: Re: warning: high vent content 

good morning & thanks to everyone for their helpful replies!

things didn't go badly yesteday with the new intern, this kid exhibited signs of intelligence & will probably go far in his career, i didn't mind spending time with him.  he gave me a prescription for just a half dozen Imitrex for my headache to see if it'll help.  i can see that i'll be visiting needymeds.org soon if this stuff ends up helping me, because these six pills cost about $15 each!  and that's with my Rite-Aid discount card.

we discussed symptoms new & old, and as a result, arrangements are being made for me to see a neurologist.  woohoo!

Connie, that's a great tip on the Henry Ford center.  i'm gonna look into that some more today.  i have had the itch to take a road trip lately anyway & have been looking for an excuse to go to Detroit :) 

the intern determined that i shouldn't drive, with all my dizziness, so i had to catch a ride to work today, which meant getting up early, & so i'm at the office early & falling asleep at my keyboard.  i miss my car already!

Chris

http://henryford.com/body.cfm?id=40925

Sarcoidosis

Henry Ford's Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine has a long history of excellence in the treatment of sarcoidosis as well as research into the causes of and new therapies for the disease.

Guest guest

Good luck, Chris. I'm glad you have got a team to help you. Feel free to

encourage them to join us. We've had many partners, family & friends over the

years.

* Re: warning: high vent content

>

>

>

>

> good morning & thanks to everyone for their helpful replies!

>

> things didn't go badly yesteday with the new intern, this kid exhibited

> signs of intelligence & will probably go far in his career, i didn't mind

> spending time with him. he gave me a prescription for just a half dozen

> Imitrex for my headache to see if it'll help. i can see that i'll be

> visiting needymeds.org soon if this stuff ends up helping me, because

> these six pills cost about $15 each! and that's with my Rite-Aid discount

> card.

>

> we discussed symptoms new & old, and as a result, arrangements are being

> made for me to see a neurologist. woohoo!

>

> Connie, that's a great tip on the Henry Ford center. i'm gonna look into

> that some more today. i have had the itch to take a road trip lately anyway

> & have been looking for an excuse to go to Detroit :)

>

> the intern determined that i shouldn't drive, with all my dizziness, so i

> had to catch a ride to work today, which meant getting up early, & so i'm at

> the office early & falling asleep at my keyboard. i miss my car already!

>

>

>

> On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 8:35 PM, Connie Griffis wrote:

>

>>

>>

>> Chris

>>

>> http://henryford.com/body.cfm?id=40925

>>

>> Sarcoidosis

>>

>> Henry Ford's Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine has a long

>> history of excellence in the treatment of sarcoidosis as well as research

>> into the causes of and new therapies for the disease.

>>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Good luck I'll be praying for you, Marla " Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. " - Irish Proverb  

Connie, even though i'm a long drive from Detroit, your info is still very helpful.  i've still made a couple phone calls to the Henry Ford Hospital, and hope to talk to one of their sarc doctors tomorrow.  this is how it starts, even if it turns out that they're not what i need, they can help to put me in touch with the right people & let me know what other options are out there. 

i have some people lending me a hand now, to look things up, make phone calls, help me remember things & keep me headed in the right direction.... basically help keep me from getting overwhelmed and panicked about things.  we hope to have a little meeting with my PCP tomorrow (he doesn't know it yet) to talk about going downstate to seek more specialized professionals. 

gotta call in sick again tomorrow, & i don't know how bad that'll turn out to be, in terms of my employment, but i'm at the point now where getting some help is way more important than keeping my job.  don't know where all this will lead, i hope tomorrow is successful and productive.

ck

Your welcome, I didn't mess up the town did I, I thought you said you were near Detroit, but with my " nasty little friend " messing with my synapsis I never know.  Glad things went better with the intern, and yes NeedyMeds.Org covers Immitrex, even the injectable kind which is 300.00/mth.  When I worked at Voc Rehab I used to have it sent to one of the clients. (No charge at that time)

To: Neurosarcoidosis

Sent: Fri, April 15, 2011 8:04:15 AMSubject: Re: warning: high vent content 

things didn't go badly yesteday with the new intern, this kid exhibited signs of intelligence & will probably go far in his career, i didn't mind spending time with him.  he gave me a prescription for just a half dozen Imitrex for my headache to see if it'll help.  i can see that i'll be visiting needymeds.org soon if this stuff ends up helping me, because these six pills cost about $15 each!  and that's with my Rite-Aid discount card.

we discussed symptoms new & old, and as a result, arrangements are being made for me to see a neurologist.  woohoo!

Connie, that's a great tip on the Henry Ford center.  i'm gonna look into that some more today.  i have had the itch to take a road trip lately anyway & have been looking for an excuse to go to Detroit :) 

the intern determined that i shouldn't drive, with all my dizziness, so i had to catch a ride to work today, which meant getting up early, & so i'm at the office early & falling asleep at my keyboard.  i miss my car already!

Chris

Sarcoidosis

Henry Ford's Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine has a long history of excellence in the treatment of sarcoidosis as well as research into the causes of and new therapies for the disease.

Guest guest

my pleasure

To: Neurosarcoidosis Sent: Sun, April 17, 2011 8:28:29 PMSubject: Re: not ventint so much anymore

Connie, even though i'm a long drive from Detroit, your info is still very helpful. i've still made a couple phone calls to the Henry Ford Hospital, and hope to talk to one of their sarc doctors tomorrow. this is how it starts, even if it turns out that they're not what i need, they can help to put me in touch with the right people & let me know what other options are out there.

i have some people lending me a hand now, to look things up, make phone calls, help me remember things & keep me headed in the right direction.... basically help keep me from getting overwhelmed and panicked about things. we hope to have a little meeting with my PCP tomorrow (he doesn't know it yet) to talk about going downstate to seek more specialized professionals.

gotta call in sick again tomorrow, & i don't know how bad that'll turn out to be, in terms of my employment, but i'm at the point now where getting some help is way more important than keeping my job. don't know where all this will lead, i hope tomorrow is successful and productive.

ck

Your welcome, I didn't mess up the town did I, I thought you said you were near Detroit, but with my "nasty little friend" messing with my synapsis I never know. Glad things went better with the intern, and yes NeedyMeds.Org covers Immitrex, even the injectable kind which is 300.00/mth. When I worked at Voc Rehab I used to have it sent to one of the clients. (No charge at that time)

To: Neurosarcoidosis Sent: Fri, April 15, 2011 8:04:15 AMSubject: Re: warning: high vent content

things didn't go badly yesteday with the new intern, this kid exhibited signs of intelligence & will probably go far in his career, i didn't mind spending time with him. he gave me a prescription for just a half dozen Imitrex for my headache to see if it'll help. i can see that i'll be visiting needymeds.org soon if this stuff ends up helping me, because these six pills cost about $15 each! and that's with my Rite-Aid discount card.

we discussed symptoms new & old, and as a result, arrangements are being made for me to see a neurologist. woohoo!

Connie, that's a great tip on the Henry Ford center. i'm gonna look into that some more today. i have had the itch to take a road trip lately anyway & have been looking for an excuse to go to Detroit :)

the intern determined that i shouldn't drive, with all my dizziness, so i had to catch a ride to work today, which meant getting up early, & so i'm at the office early & falling asleep at my keyboard. i miss my car already!

Chris

Sarcoidosis