RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Good News

Rate this topic

Guest guest

ACE stands for angiotensin-converting enzyme, It's also sometimes referred to as SACE or Serum angiotensin-converting enzyme. It is a blood test that measures severity of the sarcoid. It's also routinely used in leprosy and Gaucher's disease as well as several other's (ie.some being: IPF, Lung Cancer, TB, active Histoplasmosis) but these are the most common. The higher the levels the more sever the sarcoid. The problem though is prednisone and other meds used to treat sarc can lower the levels. Depending on the lab (They all use slightly different numbers but on average normal adults have levels of 40 micrograms/L or below. In Sarcoid patients it's can be 50-90% higher (but again it depends on lab and severity of disease at time)

Hope this helps

Good News

I saw the neurologist today, who told me that the NS is in remission. The ACE results were well below the max and I am to reduce the Preds over the next few weeks. Thank the Lord for His mercy.

Unfortunately, there is also some not good news, in that there has been quite a lot of deterioration in the spine, which means a trip to the orthopaedic surgeon tomorrow, with the prospect of some scaffolding. But, thank the Lord, it is a known procedure that is successful - and we know that the problem can be solved.

I'll be in touch as things develop.

God bless,

Guest guest

It helped me. I was wondering too what ACE stood for. Thank you for clearing that up.

Jackie

Good News

I saw the neurologist today, who told me that the NS is in remission. The ACE results were well below the max and I am to reduce the Preds over the next few weeks. Thank the Lord for His mercy.Unfortunately, there is also some not good news, in that there has been quite a lot of deterioration in the spine, which means a trip to the orthopaedic surgeon tomorrow, with the prospect of some scaffolding. But, thank the Lord, it is a known procedure that is successful - and we know that the problem can be solved.I'll be in touch as things develop.God bless,