RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Chris here's some more info

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Here's some information from Connie, last year that you might find helpful too!   

Stacie, I do know what tired is, and I hate that you are feeling so ill.  Just FYI you can apply for SSD but they would have to approve to a retro date of 2006 or 2007; and with no records that would probably be difficult.  You may qualify for SSI which

carries Medicaid Gold (pays for everything).   There are also many people who apply on their spouses or parents social security credits, it

does not hurt that person and allows you to get the better financial benefits. The local SSA office can tell you how to do this, and if it is

possible in your case.  Also, most large cities have hospitals that are

University based (Such as Shands Gainesville UNF)   These hospitals are

usually excellent, accept medicaid, and have programs to provide free care to people who can not afford it.  It is awful that people have to seemingly go through a million doors to get things done, but you have to

climb to get to the top.  And no, I am not a healthy person messing with you,  I work because I desperately need my insurance if I am going to live. I will not take my family down trying to keep me alive as long as God gives me the grit and strength to make it to work and make it through the day.  (And yes I have sat in my office with the door closed working and crying at the same time because of the pain)   I need my paycheck, but not as much as the insurance.  I could figure out a way to

work and make money, I can't cover my medical bills.   I also as an adjudicator do not __ __ anyone, I will fight to the dirt even on difficult cases if the person needs help.  As I often say, " if you are really sick, I'm the adjudicator you want; because I understand " .  I know your tired, but get help if you need to to fill out the paperwork. 

Call the local medicaid office and see if they have a list of providers

that help people without insurance, help with housing, help with utility bills, help with free groceries. etc..  If you need medicine go to NeedyMeds.org; you can get a prescription at a Health Dept - most don't cost over $25.00 a visit and you can apply for special allowance and a lower charge if  any, if your situation warrants.  Check for a hospital like the one I spoke about, or just call the hospitals and ask if they have such a program.   I know you don't feel like it, you are exhausted beyond belief, and every movement feels like it takes everything you've got; but it's a battle you've got to fight, and let other people help you with it. If you lay down, or quit fighting Sarc will be on you before you can blink, and it is determined to win.   Besides if you try something, the worst thing that can happen is they say no, or they don't have that program - it is not going to make the current situation any worse; and it just might give you the help you need.Marla " Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. " - Irish Proverb