RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: OMFG

Rate this topic

Guest guest

, Is that the CellCept or another drug, check into getting help from the Pharmacy, or maybe there is another source there, don't know much about how it works in Australian.  Marla

" Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. " - Irish Proverb  

I've just seen what the Mycophenolate is likely to cost - somewhere between $600 and $1100 per pack?!! It's not on the Australian government's Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (which gives most medications to the general population for $34 a box, regardless of health insurance or not). How on EARTH am I supposed to afford that???!!!!!! Waaaaaaaah!

Guest guest

It's the CellCept. I don't think there's any way around the cost - it's only

government subsidised for transplant patients (who get it for $34). For anyone

else, it's $660 per box (I called the pharmacy to check - even the assistant

there let out a small scream when she read the price). I think it's going to end

up being roughly $20/day for that med alone. There are 'discount chemists' here,

so I might be able to get it for maybe $30 less, but it won't be a big saving

:/

xo

> ,

> Is that the CellCept or another drug, check into getting help from the

Pharmacy, or maybe there is another source there, don't know much about how it

works in Australian.

>

> Marla

>

> " Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk

less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. " - Irish Proverb

>

>

>

>

>

> On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 10:16 PM, Sutherland

wrote:

>

> I've just seen what the Mycophenolate is likely to cost - somewhere between

$600 and $1100 per pack?!! It's not on the Australian government's

Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (which gives most medications to the general

population for $34 a box, regardless of health insurance or not). How on EARTH

am I supposed to afford that???!!!!!! Waaaaaaaah!

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Can you use the generic version which might be less expensive. I am lucky here in the US that is covered under my med plan. Is there another medicine that the doctor can prescribe that will do what the cellcept will do and is on the government medicine list. Take care.MattSubject: OMFGTo: Neurosarcoidosis Date: Monday, April 18, 2011, 12:16 AM

I've just seen what the Mycophenolate is likely to cost - somewhere between $600 and $1100 per pack?!! It's not on the Australian government's Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (which gives most medications to the general population for $34 a box, regardless of health insurance or not). How on EARTH am I supposed to afford that???!!!!!! Waaaaaaaah!

Guest guest

Man that's crazy, and I suppose you can't appeal the government, like I did the Insurance company when they said NO to Remicade, it took me a whole year, and the third appeal is outside of the Insurance Co, and that Doctor said, YES,  Sarcoidosis is a life threatening disease. 

It just doesn't seem right, that you can get treated in a way that is affordable to you. Well I'll pray something turns up to decrease the cost.   Marla

" Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. " - Irish Proverb  

It's the CellCept. I don't think there's any way around the cost - it's only government subsidised for transplant patients (who get it for $34). For anyone else, it's $660 per box (I called the pharmacy to check - even the assistant there let out a small scream when she read the price). I think it's going to end up being roughly $20/day for that med alone. There are 'discount chemists' here, so I might be able to get it for maybe $30 less, but it won't be a big saving  :/

xo

> ,

> Is that the CellCept or another drug, check into getting help from the Pharmacy, or maybe there is another source there, don't know much about how it works in Australian.

>

> Marla

>

> " Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. " - Irish Proverb

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> I've just seen what the Mycophenolate is likely to cost - somewhere between $600 and $1100 per pack?!! It's not on the Australian government's Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (which gives most medications to the general population for $34 a box, regardless of health insurance or not). How on EARTH am I supposed to afford that???!!!!!! Waaaaaaaah!

>

>

>

>

>

>

------------------------------------

~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

The Neurosarcoidosis Community

Message Archives:-

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messages

Members Database:-

Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database

Guest guest

I think that if I can't get the subsidised cost, we will appeal to the

government and state our case - and if that doesn't work, my husband has said

we'll go to the media with the story - something that I hate the thought of, but

if we have to, I guess we have to. Better than going bankrupt ...

xo

> Man that's crazy, and I suppose you can't appeal the government, like I did

the Insurance company when they said NO to Remicade, it took me a whole year,

and the third appeal is outside of the Insurance Co, and that Doctor said, YES,

Sarcoidosis is a life threatening disease.

> It just doesn't seem right, that you can get treated in a way that is

affordable to you.

> Well I'll pray something turns up to decrease the cost.

>

> Marla

>

> " Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk

>

>

>

>

>

> On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 3:46 PM, Sutherland

wrote:

> It's the CellCept. I don't think there's any way around the cost - it's only

government subsidised for transplant patients (who get it for $34). For anyone

else, it's $660 per box (I called the pharmacy to check - even the assistant

there let out a small scream when she read the price). I think it's going to end

up being roughly $20/day for that med alone. There are 'discount chemists' here,

so I might be able to get it for maybe $30 less, but it won't be a big saving

:/

>

> xo

>

>

>

> > ,

> > Is that the CellCept or another drug, check into getting help from the

Pharmacy, or maybe there is another source there, don't know much about how it

works in Australian.

> >

> > Marla

> >

> > " Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 10:16 PM, Sutherland

wrote:

> >

> > I've just seen what the Mycophenolate is likely to cost - somewhere between

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

> ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

> The Neurosarcoidosis Community

>

>

>

> Message Archives:-

> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messages

>

> Members Database:-

> Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.

> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database

>

>

Guest guest

I hope you win on your appeal, I remember the day when the if the Doctor said you needed it, you got it, no one questioned the doctor, it's just too bad we have to fight every step of the way.  I'll keep you in my prayers.

Marla " Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. " - Irish Proverb  

I think that if I can't get the subsidised cost, we will appeal to the government and state our case - and if that doesn't work, my husband has said we'll go to the media with the story - something that I hate the thought of, but if we have to, I guess we have to. Better than going bankrupt ...

xo

> Man that's crazy, and I suppose you can't appeal the government, like I did the Insurance company when they said NO to Remicade, it took me a whole year, and the third appeal is outside of the Insurance Co, and that Doctor said, YES,  Sarcoidosis is a life threatening disease.

> It just doesn't seem right, that you can get treated in a way that is affordable to you.

> Well I'll pray something turns up to decrease the cost.

>

> Marla

>

> " Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. " - Irish Proverb

>

>

>

>

>

>

> It's the CellCept. I don't think there's any way around the cost - it's only government subsidised for transplant patients (who get it for $34). For anyone else, it's $660 per box (I called the pharmacy to check - even the assistant there let out a small scream when she read the price). I think it's going to end up being roughly $20/day for that med alone. There are 'discount chemists' here, so I might be able to get it for maybe $30 less, but it won't be a big saving  :/

>

> xo

>

>

>

> > ,

> > Is that the CellCept or another drug, check into getting help from the Pharmacy, or maybe there is another source there, don't know much about how it works in Australian.

> >

> > Marla

> >

> > " Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. " - Irish Proverb

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > I've just seen what the Mycophenolate is likely to cost - somewhere between $600 and $1100 per pack?!! It's not on the Australian government's Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (which gives most medications to the general population for $34 a box, regardless of health insurance or not). How on EARTH am I supposed to afford that???!!!!!! Waaaaaaaah!

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

> ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

> The Neurosarcoidosis Community

>

>

>

> Message Archives:-

> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messages

>

> Members Database:-

> Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.

> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database

>

>

Guest guest

Oh denise, I didn't realize where you lived. Surely there is something that can be worked out..

To: Neurosarcoidosis Sent: Mon, April 18, 2011 12:16:28 AMSubject: OMFG

Guest guest

No worries (as we say here in Aussie land, LOL) ... yeah, we'll figure something

out, somehow! I've got one doctor who probably wouldn't baulk at listing me as a

transplant patient just so I can get the meds, LOL (well, maybe not ... but you

never know)!

>

> Oh denise, I didn't realize where you lived. Surely there is something that

can be worked out..

>

>

> To: Neurosarcoidosis

> Sent: Mon, April 18, 2011 12:16:28 AM

> Subject: OMFG

>

>

> I've just seen what the Mycophenolate is likely to cost - somewhere between

>

>

>

>

>

>