RemedySpot.com

religious topics

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear sjnolan, we appreciate your contribution to the group. However, religion is a very sensitive issue that has caused several major rifts in the past. Basically, it's okay to include references to your faith, such as God strengthens me, offering prayer for others, etc. I myself often use a Scripture passage in my signature. However, we try to stay away from proselytizing or evangelizing. The chat room is a great place to freely express those thoughts & beliefs. The room is open 24/7. You can use the subject line of a post to announce "Interest in religious chat" or something similar. Then like-minded folks can reply & you can set up a time to meet & discuss. Another option is to put in the subject line "Warning: Religious (or Christian, etc.) topic. That way, those who are atheists, agnostics, or other non-Christian groups can just delete the post. We have lost members who felt excluded because of their religious beliefs, mainly non-Christian folks. And this group was begun to help anyone suffering from this terrible disease, not just Christians. If you have any questions, just direct them to the moderators at NSmods . Below is our position statement on religious issues.

Ramblin' RoseCo-owner/Moderator

Dear All,This is primarily a support group for a NASTY illness that does require peopleto call on their beliefs to get them through the dark days. Faith is certainlyan issue when you are dealing with chronic and/or a progressive illness.Beyond these screens are real people with real feelings. People who laugh, cry,need, and are needed. We all have one thing in common and that is this illnesswhich takes too much away from us like our entire life.When this list was started, it was started with the thought in mind that thisdisease robs us of way too much, and I was NOT going to add to that by havingrules and regulations. We have enough limitations in REAL life, let alonebringing them into a support group.We also did not even imagine a list of more than 600 members who are so closelyknitted as one tight loving family, which I personally think is the best bit ofthis list. This letter serves only as a guide from discussions with fellowmoderators and from my observations. We have developed a Chatroom that is open24/7. You are welcome to post an email to the group stating that you are in thechatroom-- come over and join in.This has come about from suggestions as how to how to deal with posts withreligious threads, and really lets face it there are going to be topics on thislist you are not going to be interested in and perhaps religion is one of them.In this instance, the best way to deal with the topics you don't like is topress the delete key.People can get very precious of their beliefs. Fair enough, it is personal.However my way is uniquely mine. Your way is uniquely yours. We respect yourpath, and we expect you to respect ours. We practice tolerance.Our motto is tolerance, empathy and compassion. We want the group site to be aplace of education and sharing of the newest research and treatment options, sothat those who need direction and understanding in the physical and emotionalcomponents of living with chronic illness can be explained and put into simplelanguage so that you understand what is going on with your body.We are a global community with people from Australia, Europe, Africa, Americaand indeed all the continents. Therefore we support the right for everyone tohave his or her own beliefs, which may or may not differ from your own. If thereis a discussion thread you dislike, delete it. If there is a religious orpolitical comment that is different from your own view, delete it. We are bondedby illness yet are all individuals.The message that needs to be shared is the fact that united as a family westand: be that shown by praying for each other, meditating for each other,loving one another, holding in our thoughts or hearts, or one of a thousand waysother ways to express that we support each other in this battle. It is possibleto send prayers to someone without trying to convert them to your own specialreligion. When you send "prayers", you are actually sending special thoughtsand well wishes -- and this is the way it should be taken. This is the way itshould be handled.Any private letters you send or receive from members of this list we hope arecourteous and polite. Obviously this is an area we have no control over andreally, why should we? We maintain a support group, not monitor everyone'slives!My point is - be yourself, share your stories, offer your prayers, your love,your support, and know you are supported whether you are Catholic or Wiccan orAtheist. And if you don't like the post, be it religious or not - PRESS DELETE!