RemedySpot.com

Re: Just an aside from a proud mom

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Tell him congrats from and old SgtSent from my iPhone

This past Wednesday-Friday we made the 27 hour (including the jog to pick up my in-laws and the stops for food) round-trip drive to Fort Benning, GA to watch our son, Hayden, graduate from boot camp. It was surely a test of wills for me: I have been doubly sick with a Sarc flare and a bad cold, on top of mending from a broken leg/ankle; take in all that and having to deal with my in-laws for three days in cramped

quarters, and I still say it was worth it just to see him come so far in the world! Here are some pics to share the occasion!

<DSCN0048.JPG><DSCN0044.JPG><DSCN0046.JPG>

Guest guest

Congratulations...I am sure it was all worth it. take care & Feel better.MattSubject: Just an aside from a proud momTo:

Neurosarcoidosis Date: Sunday, March 20, 2011, 6:33 PM

This past Wednesday-Friday we made the 27 hour (including the jog to pick up my in-laws and the stops for food) round-trip drive to Fort Benning, GA to watch our son, Hayden, graduate from boot camp. It was surely a test of wills for me: I have been doubly sick with a Sarc flare and a bad cold, on top of mending from a broken leg/ankle; take in all that and having to deal with my in-laws for three days in cramped

quarters, and I still say it was worth it just to see him come so far in the world! Here are some pics to share the occasion!

Guest guest

Hey, Greg! Good to hear from you. I worried that now you're a BMOC, you'd forget your old friends. I hope you are doing well & got over the shingles okay.

Ramblin' RoseModerator "I child-proofed my home and they STILL get in!" (Bumper sticker)

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: krumdawg@...Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 18:42:45 -0500Subject: Re: Just an aside from a proud mom

This past Wednesday-Friday we made the 27 hour (including the jog to pick up my in-laws and the stops for food) round-trip drive to Fort Benning, GA to watch our son, Hayden, graduate from boot camp. It was surely a test of wills for me: I have been doubly sick with a Sarc flare and a bad cold, on top of mending from a broken leg/ankle; take in all that and having to deal with my in-laws for three days in cramped quarters, and I still say it was worth it just to see him come so far in the world! Here are some pics to share the occasion!

<DSCN0048.JPG>

<DSCN0044.JPG>

<DSCN0046.JPG>

Guest guest

Over the shingles and half of the semester is over. 46 year old college freshman. I will find out tomorrow if the VA will cover the rest of my education. Sent from my iPhone

Hey, Greg! Good to hear from you. I worried that now you're a BMOC, you'd forget your old friends. I hope you are doing well & got over the shingles okay.

Ramblin' RoseModerator "I child-proofed my home and they STILL get in!" (Bumper sticker)

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: krumdawg@...Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 18:42:45 -0500Subject: Re: Just an aside from a proud mom

This past Wednesday-Friday we made the 27 hour (including the jog to pick up my in-laws and the stops for food) round-trip drive to Fort Benning, GA to watch our son, Hayden, graduate from boot camp. It was surely a test of wills for me: I have been doubly sick with a Sarc flare and a bad cold, on top of mending from a broken leg/ankle; take in all that and having to deal with my in-laws for three days in cramped quarters, and I still say it was worth it just to see him come so far in the world! Here are some pics to share the occasion!

<DSCN0048.JPG>

<DSCN0044.JPG>

<DSCN0046.JPG>

Guest guest

Thanks for the compliments. I have two good looking sons, and it has been a mixed blessing. I married a good looking man. I can't speak for the way I look today -- still can't bear to look at myself in the mirror. I used to be so slender. I remember having a small meeting of the neurosarc group in my home. There was a woman who was new to this disease. She saw a picture of me pre-steroids and then looked at me at that time. I swear she was close to tears. I am sorry for that to this day.My son is already missing the Army. He is in the National Guard, but I think he will join up to the regular Army. He has to wait six months. He is Infantry and he wants to be in Reconaissance (sp). That really scares me,

especially with these new developments in Libya.He was away from the middle of November to now (he did his AIT immediately after Basic, so it was a package deal).Thanks, Greg, too, for your good wishes. I will pass them on too my son.To: Neurosarcoidosis Sent: Sun, March 20, 2011 9:30:12 PMSubject: Re: Just an aside from a proud mom

, Very nice pictures, I know it's hard you sometimes wonder if it's worth it, but when you look at these pictures I'm sure your reminded that it was worth it, very good looking son, and nice looking couple with him:)

Marla "Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours." - Irish Proverb

[Attachment(s) from RKelty included below]

Guest guest

, I totally know what you mean, one of my friends that didn't know me when I was on high steroids, and took a church picture, said she did not recognize me in the family picture.  I too do not like looking in the mirror, I use to be really thin, and now, well I guess I just have to deal with it, I  try to lose weight, but really not matter what diet your on, you still have to exercise, and I'm luck if I can walk 15 mins on the treadmill every other day, a day off for the pain it causes, then I don't want to do it again, but I am still hanging in there.

also wanted to say, I thought you look beautiful, I find myself looking at the whole person, especially the face and eyes, and I see a lot of beauty there, so look in the mirror at your beauty:)

Marla " Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. " - Irish Proverb  

Thanks for the compliments.  I have two good looking sons, and it has been a mixed blessing.  I married a good looking man.  I can't speak for the way I look today -- still can't bear to look at myself in the mirror. I used to be so slender.  I remember having a small meeting of the neurosarc group in my home.  There was a woman who was new to this disease. She saw a picture of me pre-steroids and then looked at me at that time.  I swear she was close to tears.  I am sorry for that to this day.

My son is already missing the Army.  He is in the National Guard, but I think he will join up to the regular Army.  He has to wait six months.  He is Infantry and he wants to be in Reconaissance (sp).  That really scares me,

especially with these new developments in Libya.He was away from the middle of November to now (he did his AIT immediately after Basic, so it was a package deal).Thanks, Greg, too, for your good wishes.  I will pass them on too my son.

To: Neurosarcoidosis

Sent: Sun, March 20, 2011 9:30:12 PMSubject: Re: Just an aside from a proud mom

, Very nice pictures, I know it's hard you sometimes wonder if it's worth it, but when you look at these pictures I'm sure your reminded that it was worth it, very good looking son, and nice looking couple with him:)

Marla " Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. " - Irish Proverb  

This past Wednesday-Friday we made the 27 hour (including the jog to pick up my in-laws and the stops for food) round-trip drive to Fort Benning, GA to watch our son, Hayden, graduate from boot camp.  It was surely a test of wills for me: I have been doubly sick with a Sarc flare and a bad cold, on top of mending from a broken leg/ankle; take in all that and having to deal with my in-laws for three days in cramped

quarters, and I still say it was worth it just to see him come so far in the world!  Here are some pics to share the occasion!

Guest guest

Marla,That was really sweet. I'm pretty lucky -- before the ankle/leg were broken I could walk about 30 minutes around the neighborhood on my good days. I don't know if it was my injury that set me off, but even though I am in just a brace now (I am usually still using my boot because the brace hurts so much) I am walking with quite a limp. I am not sure when my walking days will return.To: Neurosarcoidosis Sent: Mon, March 21, 2011 4:14:30 PMSubject: Re: Just an aside from a proud mom

, I totally know what you mean, one of my friends that didn't know me when I was on high steroids, and took a church picture, said she did not recognize me in the family picture. I too do not like looking in the mirror, I use to be really thin, and now, well I guess I just have to deal with it, I try to lose weight, but really not matter what diet your on, you still have to exercise, and I'm luck if I can walk 15 mins on the treadmill every other day, a day off for the pain it causes, then I don't want to do it again, but I am still hanging in there.

also wanted to say, I thought you look beautiful, I find myself looking at the whole person, especially the face and eyes, and I see a lot of beauty there, so look in the mirror at your beauty:)

Marla "Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours." - Irish Proverb

Thanks for the compliments. I have two good looking sons, and it has been a mixed blessing. I married a good looking man. I can't speak for the way I look today -- still can't bear to look at myself in the mirror. I used to be so slender. I remember having a small meeting of the neurosarc group in my home. There was a woman who was new to this disease. She saw a picture of me pre-steroids and then looked at me at that time. I swear she was close to tears. I am sorry for that to this day.

My son is already missing the Army. He is in the National Guard, but I think he will join up to the regular Army. He has to wait six months. He is Infantry and he wants to be in Reconaissance (sp). That really scares me,

especially with these new developments in Libya.He was away from the middle of November to now (he did his AIT immediately after Basic, so it was a package deal).Thanks, Greg, too, for your good wishes. I will pass them on too my son.

Guest guest

Marla and Rose,

I know exactly what you all mean with the weight. I use to be thin too, and now gaining the 50lbs from the medicine is driving me crazy. I hate looking in the mirror also, and avoid getting my picture taken. Although at my surprise Bday party over the weekend the cameras were flashing, I was feeling very embarressed for the way I look. I can't wait to get off of this medicine and get my body back. I am watching very carefully what I eat and try to exercise for a half hour each day. Today however I could not because I am having some very bad side effects from something and feel more bloated than ever. It is amazing also that when I do feel so bloated how it effects my eyesight also. My husband has this dinner party for work to go to at the end of the month and wants me to go with, but how can I look pretty looking like this. I have nothing to wear - everything is so fitted to my

other body. I guess I am going to have to go to goodwill for a dress for this temporary body for this occassion.

To: Neurosarcoidosis Sent: Mon, March 21, 2011 3:14:30 PMSubject: Re: Just an aside from a proud mom

, I totally know what you mean, one of my friends that didn't know me when I was on high steroids, and took a church picture, said she did not recognize me in the family picture. I too do not like looking in the mirror, I use to be really thin, and now, well I guess I just have to deal with it, I try to lose weight, but really not matter what diet your on, you still have to exercise, and I'm luck if I can walk 15 mins on the treadmill every other day, a day off for the pain it causes, then I don't want to do it again, but I am still hanging in there. also wanted to say, I thought you look beautiful, I find myself looking at the whole person, especially the face and eyes, and I see a lot of beauty there, so look in the mirror at your beauty:) Marla "Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine

less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours." - Irish Proverb

Thanks for the compliments. I have two good looking sons, and it has been a mixed blessing. I married a good looking man. I can't speak for the way I look today -- still can't bear to look at myself in the mirror. I used to be so slender. I remember having a small meeting of the neurosarc group in my home. There was a woman who was new to this disease. She saw a picture of me pre-steroids and then looked at me at that time. I swear she was close to tears. I am sorry for that to this day.

My son is already missing the Army. He is in the National Guard, but I think he will join up to the regular Army. He has to wait six months. He is Infantry and he wants to be in Reconaissance (sp). That really scares me, especially with these new developments in Libya.

He was away from the middle of November to now (he did his AIT immediately after Basic, so it was a package deal).

Thanks, Greg, too, for your good wishes. I will pass them on too my son.

To: Neurosarcoidosis Sent: Sun, March 20, 2011 9:30:12 PMSubject: Re: Just an aside from a proud mom

, Very nice pictures, I know it's hard you sometimes wonder if it's worth it, but when you look at these pictures I'm sure your reminded that it was worth it, very good looking son, and nice looking couple with him:) Marla "Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours." - Irish Proverb

Guest guest

, I meant to say something about your son, and I guess I forgot, he is a very handsome young man, and I know you have to be so proud.. After my son finishes his bachlors degree in law, he plans to join the army.. and serve his country and in some ways I'm frightened about that, but in others I am so proud.. I love this country, I cry sometimes uncontrollably at the National Anthem.. not from shame but because I'm so proud to live here and be a part of this great Nation.. Thank your son, for the willingness to serve, to preserve the right of all of us to the freedoms that we enjoy daily..

Hugs,

, Very nice pictures, I know it's hard you sometimes wonder if it's worth it, but when you look at these pictures I'm sure your reminded that it was worth it, very good looking son, and nice looking couple with him:) Marla "Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours." - Irish Proverb

Guest guest

Patience & baby steps, kiddo. A bad break like that is going to take quite

awhile to heal.

I totally know what you mean, one of my friends that didn't know me when I was

on high steroids, and took a church picture, said she did not recognize me in

the family picture. I too do not like looking in the mirror, I use to be really

thin, and now, well I guess I just have to deal with it, I try to lose weight,

but really not matter what diet your on, you still have to exercise, and I'm

Guest guest

, it is disheartening to gain the weight. I wouldn't consider saying this

if I didn't have personal experience: most people, especially those who love

you, will see your real beauty. I can't say I enjoy looking at my Pred photos,

but thru everything my family & friends were very encouraging. If you go to

Photos on the NS site & click the Rose's World album, you'll see some before &

after (and after I lost most of the weight). Unfortunately, I've gained quite a

bit back the old-fashioned way, stuffing myself with bad food.

>

> 

>,

>Very nice pictures, I know it's hard you sometimes wonder if it's worth it, but

>when you look at these pictures I'm sure your reminded that it was worth it,

>very good looking son, and nice looking couple with him:)

>

>

>Marla

>

> " Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk

less,

>say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. " - Irish Proverb  

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> 

>>[Attachment(s) from RKelty included below]

>>This past Wednesday-Friday we made the 27 hour (including the jog to pick up

my

>>in-laws and the stops for food) round-trip drive to Fort Benning, GA to watch

>>our son, Hayden, graduate from boot camp.  It was surely a test of wills for

me:

>>I have been doubly sick with a Sarc flare and a bad cold, on top of mending

from

>>a broken leg/ankle; take in all that and having to deal with my in-laws for

>>three days in cramped quarters, and I still say it was worth it just to see

him

>>come so far in the world!  Here are some pics to share the occasion!

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>

>

Guest guest

, I can't believe that Damian is in college! It doesn't seem that long ago

that he was just a little kid.

, I meant to say something about your son, and I guess I forgot, he is a

very handsome young man, and I know you have to be so proud.. After my son

finishes his bachlors degree in law, he plans to join the army.. and serve his

country and in some ways I'm frightened about that, but in others I am so

proud.. I love this country, I cry sometimes uncontrollably at the National

Anthem.. not from shame but because I'm so proud to live here and be a part of

this great Nation.. Thank your son, for the willingness to serve, to preserve

the right of all of us to the freedoms that we enjoy daily..

Hugs,

Thanks for the compliments. I have two good looking sons, and it has been a

mixed blessing. I married a good looking man. I can't speak for the way I look

today -- still can't bear to look at myself in th

Guest guest

I know Rose.. He's in his 3rd year.. and will have his bachlor of science in

Political Science.. Then he plans to make his career in the Army getting his

Law Degree while in the Army.. he wants to be a Jag Lawyer.. He also got

married when I was in the hospital last time.. they went to Kingsport, TN

where she lives and found the Justice of the Peace.. gosh.. I'm glad I was

on a heart monitor when he texted me and let me in on the secret! Wheww,

sometimes I think their trying to kill ya.. lol

>

>

>

>

> Thanks for the compliments. I have two good looking sons, and it has

> been a mixed blessing. I married a good looking man. I can't speak for

> the way I look today -- still can't bear to look at myself in th

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

> ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

> The Neurosarcoidosis Community

>

>

>

> Message Archives:-

> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messages

>

> Members Database:-

> Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.

> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database

>

>

Guest guest

Thank you , staying on top is good, I hope you can lose the weight, as long as you can staying moving, walk, walk, walk.  We take for granted that very necessary thing in life, but when it' being slowly taken away from you, then you realize how important it is.  So walk that weight away now.  

Marla and Rose,

I know exactly what you all mean with the weight.  I use to be thin too, and now gaining the 50lbs from the medicine is driving me crazy.  I hate looking in the mirror also, and avoid getting my picture taken.  Although at my surprise Bday party over the weekend the cameras were flashing, I was feeling very embarressed for the way I look.  I can't wait to get off of this medicine and get my body back.  I am watching very carefully what I eat and try to exercise for a half hour each day.  Today however I could not because I am having some very bad side effects from something and feel more bloated than ever.  It is amazing also that when I do feel so bloated how it effects my eyesight also.  My husband has this dinner party for work to go to at the end of the month and wants me to go with, but how can I look pretty looking like this.  I have nothing to wear - everything is so fitted to my

other body.   I guess I am going to have to go to goodwill for a dress for this temporary body for this occassion.

Sent: Mon, March 21, 2011 3:14:30 PMSubject: Re: Just an aside from a proud mom

, I totally know what you mean, one of my friends that didn't know me when I was on high steroids, and took a church picture, said she did not recognize me in the family picture.  I too do not like looking in the mirror, I use to be really thin, and now, well I guess I just have to deal with it, I  try to lose weight, but really not matter what diet your on, you still have to exercise, and I'm luck if I can walk 15 mins on the treadmill every other day, a day off for the pain it causes, then I don't want to do it again, but I am still hanging in there.

Marla " Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine

less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. " - Irish Proverb  

Thanks for the compliments.  I have two good looking sons, and it has been a mixed blessing.  I married a good looking man.  I can't speak for the way I look today -- still can't bear to look at myself in the mirror. I used to be so slender.  I remember having a small meeting of the neurosarc group in my home.  There was a woman who was new to this disease. She saw a picture of me pre-steroids and then looked at me at that time.  I swear she was close to tears.  I am sorry for that to this day.

My son is already missing the Army.  He is in the National Guard, but I think he will join up to the regular Army.  He has to wait six months.  He is Infantry and he wants to be in Reconaissance (sp).  That really scares me, especially with these new developments in Libya.

He was away from the middle of November to now (he did his AIT immediately after Basic, so it was a package deal).

Thanks, Greg, too, for your good wishes.  I will pass them on too my son.

This past Wednesday-Friday we made the 27 hour (including the jog to pick up my in-laws and the stops for food) round-trip drive to Fort Benning, GA to watch our son, Hayden, graduate from boot camp.  It was surely a test of wills for me: I have been doubly sick with a Sarc flare and a bad cold, on top of mending from a broken leg/ankle; take in all that and having to deal with my in-laws for three days in cramped quarters, and I still say it was worth it just to see him come so far in the world!  Here are some pics to share the occasion!

Guest guest

, that's really great. What a reward for your willingness to adopt him.

I know Rose.. He's in his 3rd year.. and will have his bachlor of science in

Political Science.. Then he plans to make his career in the Army getting his

Law Degree while in the Army.. he wants to be a Jag Lawyer.. He also got

married when I was in the hospital last time.. they went to Kingsport, TN

where she lives and found the Justice of the Peace.. gosh.. I'm glad I was

on a heart monitor when he texted me and let me in on the secret! Wheww,

sometimes I think their trying to kill ya.. lol

Re:

Guest guest

My son really appreciates you sentiments. I, too, feel myself being even more patriotic since he has decided to serve. I have to say I spent most of my life as a die-hard, far-left liberal, but as I am "maturing," I am much more a centrist. When my son asked me if it was okay with me if he joined the Army (National Guard) I decided it would be very selfish if I said no. I think every family should be willing to make that sacrifice as payment for the precious freedoms we have.btw, I got all tingly when we had to rise for the Nat'l Anthem as it was playing during his graduation ceremony.--To: Neurosarcoidosis Sent: Tue, March 22, 2011 10:10:53 PMSubject: Re: Just an aside from a proud mom

, I meant to say something about your son, and I guess I forgot, he is a very handsome young man, and I know you have to be so proud.. After my son finishes his bachlors degree in law, he plans to join the army.. and serve his country and in some ways I'm frightened about that, but in others I am so proud.. I love this country, I cry sometimes uncontrollably at the National Anthem.. not from shame but because I'm so proud to live here and be a part of this great Nation.. Thank your son, for the willingness to serve, to preserve the right of all of us to the freedoms that we enjoy daily..

Hugs,

Guest guest

I am just on predisone right now. I started that on January 5th , 2011 at 60mg and since my MRI looked good on Feb 15th, 2011 they said that I can decrease the predisone 10mg every 3 weeks. So now I am down to 40mg (next week I start 30mg) and I thought some of the puffyness and weight would start to decrease as I decreased the medicine, but that is not happe-ning. Even some of the side effects are still very present even with the lower dosage. At least I am at a steady weight now instead of gaining the 5-10 pounds each week. I walk a half hour every day when I can. The pain in my legs and the feeling of exhaustion sometimes keeps me from walking.

thanks for all the input from everyone, it is most helpful at times.

To: Neurosarcoidosis Sent: Thu, March 24, 2011 4:56:55 PMSubject: Re: Just an aside from a proud mom

What meds are you on? I know that Neurontin can really pack on the pounds, and that is the major hurtle I have now. I did put on quite a bit of weight with steroids, but I was able to lose some when I had to go off of it due to liver problems.

To: Neurosarcoidosis Sent: Mon, March 21, 2011 11:58:03 PMSubject: Re: Just an aside from a proud mom

Marla and Rose,

I know exactly what you all mean with the weight. I use to be thin too, and now gaining the 50lbs from the medicine is driving me crazy. I hate looking in the mirror also, and avoid getting my picture taken. Although at my surprise Bday party over the weekend the cameras were flashing, I was feeling very embarressed for the way I look. I can't wait to get off of this medicine and get my body back. I am watching very carefully what I eat and try to exercise for a half hour each day. Today however I could not because I am having some very bad side effects from something and feel more bloated than ever. It is amazing also that when I do feel so bloated how it effects my eyesight also. My husband has this dinner party for work to go to at the end of the month and wants me to go with, but how can I look pretty looking like this. I have nothing to wear - everything is so fitted to my

other body. I guess I am going to have to go to goodwill for a dress for this temporary body for this occassion.

To: Neurosarcoidosis Sent: Mon, March 21, 2011 3:14:30 PMSubject: Re: Just an aside from a proud mom

, I totally know what you mean, one of my friends that didn't know me when I was on high steroids, and took a church picture, said she did not recognize me in the family picture. I too do not like looking in the mirror, I use to be really thin, and now, well I guess I just have to deal with it, I try to lose weight, but really not matter what diet your on, you still have to exercise, and I'm luck if I can walk 15 mins on the treadmill every other day, a day off for the pain it causes, then I don't want to do it again, but I am still hanging in there. also wanted to say, I thought you look beautiful, I find myself looking at the whole person, especially the face and eyes, and I see a lot of beauty there, so look in the mirror at your beauty:) Marla "Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine

less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours." - Irish Proverb

My son is already missing the Army. He is in the National Guard, but I think he will join up to the regular Army. He has to wait six months. He is Infantry and he wants to be in Reconaissance (sp). That really scares me, especially with these new developments in Libya.

Thanks, Greg, too, for your good wishes. I will pass them on too my son.

To: Neurosarcoidosis Sent: Sun, March 20, 2011 9:30:12 PMSubject: Re: Just an aside from a proud mom

Guest guest

Thanks, Connie; I think so too.To: Neurosarcoidosis Sent: Tue, March 29, 2011 12:38:12 AMSubject: Re: Just an aside from a proud mom

The pictures are great. He looks like a fine young man

To: Neurosarcoidosis Sent: Sun, March 20, 2011 6:33:24 PMSubject: Just an aside from a proud mom [3 Attachments]

Guest guest

My doctor told me the excess fluid and weight loss won't really happen until

you're at 5 mg of Pred or below (the body makes about 5 mg of corticosteroids

normally). I'm at 6 mg at the moment, and still no sign of weight loss :/ It

is horrible isn't it.

xo

>

> I am just on predisone right now. I started that on January 5th , 2011 at

60mg and since my MRI looked good on Feb 15th, 2011 they said that I can

decrease the predisone 10mg every 3 weeks. So now I am down to 40mg (next week

I start 30mg) and I thought some of the puffyness and weight would start to

decrease as I decreased the medicine, but that is not happe-ning. Even some of

the side effects are still very present even with the lower dosage. At least I

am at a steady weight now instead of gaining the 5-10 pounds each week. I walk

a half hour every day when I can. The pain in my legs and the feeling of

exhaustion sometimes keeps me from walking.

> thanks for all the input from everyone, it is most helpful at times.

>

>

>

> To: Neurosarcoidosis

> Sent: Thu, March 24, 2011 4:56:55 PM

> Subject: Re: Just an aside from a proud mom

>

>

>

> ,

>

> What meds are you on? I know that Neurontin can really pack on the pounds,

and that is the major hurtle I have now. I did put on quite a bit of weight

with steroids, but I was able to lose some when I had to go off of it due to

liver problems.

>

>

> Sent: Mon, March 21, 2011 11:58:03 PM

>

>

>

> Marla and Rose,

> I know exactly what you all mean with the weight. I use to be thin too, and

now gaining the 50lbs from the medicine is driving me crazy. I hate looking in

the mirror also, and avoid getting my picture taken. Although at my surprise

Bday party over the weekend the cameras were flashing, I was feeling very

embarressed for the way I look. I can't wait to get off of this medicine and

get my body back. I am watching very carefully what I eat and try to exercise

for a half hour each day. Today however I could not because I am having some

very bad side effects from something and feel more bloated than ever. It is

amazing also that when I do feel so bloated how it effects my eyesight also. My

husband has this dinner party for work to go to at the end of the month and

wants me to go with, but how can I look pretty looking like this. I have

nothing to wear - everything is so fitted to my other body. I guess I am going

to have to go to goodwill for a dress for this temporary body for this

occassion.

>

>

> Sent: Mon, March 21, 2011 3:14:30 PM

>

>

> ,

> I totally know what you mean, one of my friends that didn't know me when I was

on high steroids, and took a church picture, said she did not recognize me in

the family picture. I too do not like looking in the mirror, I use to be really

thin, and now, well I guess I just have to deal with it, I try to lose weight,

but really not matter what diet your on, you still have to exercise, and I'm

luck if I can walk 15 mins on the treadmill every other day, a day off for the

pain it causes, then I don't want to do it again, but I am still hanging in

there.

> also wanted to say, I thought you look beautiful, I find myself looking at the

whole person, especially the face and eyes, and I see a lot of beauty there, so

look in the mirror at your beauty:)

>

>

>

> Marla

>

less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. " - Irish Proverb

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Thanks for the compliments. I have two good looking sons, and it has been a

mixed blessing. I married a good looking man. I can't speak for the way I look

today -- still can't bear to look at myself in the mirror. I used to be so

slender. I remember having a small meeting of the neurosarc group in my home.

There was a woman who was new to this disease. She saw a picture of me

pre-steroids and then looked at me at that time. I swear she was close to

tears. I am sorry for that to this day.

>

> My son is already missing the Army. He is in the National Guard, but I think

he will join up to the regular Army. He has to wait six months. He is Infantry

and he wants to be in Reconaissance (sp). That really scares me, especially

with these new developments in Libya.

>

> He was away from the middle of November to now (he did his AIT immediately

after Basic, so it was a package deal).

>

> Thanks, Greg, too, for your good wishes. I will pass them on too my son.

>

>

> Sent: Sun, March 20, 2011 9:30:12 PM

>

>

> ,

> Very nice pictures, I know it's hard you sometimes wonder if it's worth it,

but when you look at these pictures I'm sure your reminded that it was worth it,

very good looking son, and nice looking couple with him:)

>

> Marla

>

less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. " - Irish Proverb

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> [Attachment(s) from RKelty included below]

>

> This past Wednesday-Friday we made the 27 hour (including the jog to pick up

my in-laws and the stops for food) round-trip drive to Fort Benning, GA to watch

our son, Hayden, graduate from boot camp. It was surely a test of wills for me:

I have been doubly sick with a Sarc flare and a bad cold, on top of mending from

a broken leg/ankle; take in all that and having to deal with my in-laws for

three days in cramped quarters, and I still say it was worth it just to see him

come so far in the world! Here are some pics to share the occasion!

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

, Keep up the walking, and as you go down, and if you are able to go off, then the weight should hopefully come off.  I know what you mean about the leg pain keeping you from walking.  I try to walk whenever I can, but if I've been busy all day, then my legs are already hurting, and I'm unable to walk too.  But keep doing it as long as you can.  Hang in there.

I am just on predisone right now.  I started that on January 5th , 2011 at 60mg and since my MRI looked good on Feb 15th, 2011 they said that I can decrease the predisone 10mg every 3 weeks.  So now I am down to 40mg (next week I start 30mg) and I thought some of the puffyness and weight would start to decrease as I decreased the medicine, but that is not happe-ning.  Even some of the side effects are still very present even with the lower dosage.  At least I am at a steady weight now instead of gaining the 5-10 pounds each week.  I walk a half hour every day when I can.  The pain in my legs and the feeling of exhaustion sometimes keeps me from walking.

thanks for all the input from everyone, it is most helpful at times.

Sent: Thu, March 24, 2011 4:56:55 PMSubject: Re: Just an aside from a proud mom 

What meds are you on?  I know that Neurontin can really pack on the pounds, and that is the major hurtle I have now.  I did put on quite a bit of weight with steroids, but I was able to lose some when I had to go off of it due to liver problems.

Sent: Mon, March 21, 2011 11:58:03 PMSubject: Re: Just an aside from a proud mom 

Marla and Rose,

I know exactly what you all mean with the weight.  I use to be thin too, and now gaining the 50lbs from the medicine is driving me crazy.  I hate looking in the mirror also, and avoid getting my picture taken.  Although at my surprise Bday party over the weekend the cameras were flashing, I was feeling very embarressed for the way I look.  I can't wait to get off of this medicine and get my body back.  I am watching very carefully what I eat and try to exercise for a half hour each day.  Today however I could not because I am having some very bad side effects from something and feel more bloated than ever.  It is amazing also that when I do feel so bloated how it effects my eyesight also.  My husband has this dinner party for work to go to at the end of the month and wants me to go with, but how can I look pretty looking like this.  I have nothing to wear - everything is so fitted to my

other body.   I guess I am going to have to go to goodwill for a dress for this temporary body for this occassion.

Sent: Mon, March 21, 2011 3:14:30 PMSubject: Re: Just an aside from a proud mom 

Marla " Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine

less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. " - Irish Proverb  

My son is already missing the Army.  He is in the National Guard, but I think he will join up to the regular Army.  He has to wait six months.  He is Infantry and he wants to be in Reconaissance (sp).  That really scares me, especially with these new developments in Libya.

Thanks, Greg, too, for your good wishes.  I will pass them on too my son.

This past Wednesday-Friday we made the 27 hour (including the jog to pick up my in-laws and the stops for food) round-trip drive to Fort Benning, GA to watch our son, Hayden, graduate from boot camp.  It was surely a test of wills for me: I have been doubly sick with a Sarc flare and a bad cold, on top of mending from a broken leg/ankle; take in all that and having to deal with my in-laws for three days in cramped quarters, and I still say it was worth it just to see him come so far in the world!  Here are some pics to share the occasion!