RemedySpot.com

Re: Travel Insurance

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

: sometimes things just work out -- isn't it funny how we can get so excited about a neuro mention in an insurance policy. If I'd read that I would probably have cried and also jumped around for joy for 10 minutes or so.

A couple of years ago, my husband and I did the Alaska Inside Passage cruise (pre-diagnosis for me) and it was wonderful; I firmly believe cruising is the only true "woman's" vacation. Have a wonderful time and congrats on the 26 years of marriage.

in Canada

> To: Neurosarcoidosis > Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 15:42:58 +1000> Subject: Travel Insurance> > Hubby and I are going on our honeymoon at last, only 26 years after the event, LOL ... and it's our first holiday away together sans kids! We're going on a 10 day cruise up the east coast of Australia to tropical Queensland and the Great Barrier Reef, in winter (August). I've been looking at travel insurance today, and was impressed with one company (NRMA for those Aussies amongst us) who actually had neurosarcoidosis on their list of "re-existing conditions", and who WILL cover me despite having it. Yay!> > It means that if I end up in hospital because of the NS, and miss the cruise, they'll cover the cost of the missed trip, and we can reschedule our holiday. Plus coverage for any medical dramas on the high seas (which hopefully won't eventuate!). Figured it was worth it for the extra $70 or so in insurance!> > xo > > ------------------------------------> > ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~> The Neurosarcoidosis Community> > > > Message Archives:-> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messages> > Members Database:-> Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database > >

Guest guest

That's amazing, . I can't believe neurosarc was listed, let alone actually covered! Wow, sounds like a great trip. Forgive me for my ignorance; I know that it's winter there, but can people still snorkle/scuba dive the Reef? That sounds even more stupid now that I read it, but inquiring minds want to know (at least inquiring minds in Indiana, USA).

Ramblin' RoseCo-owner/Moderator A merry heart is good medicine. Proverbs 17:22

> To: Neurosarcoidosis > Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 15:42:58 +1000> Subject: Travel Insurance> > Hubby and I are going on our honeymoon at last, only 26 years after the event, LOL ... and it's our first holiday away together sans kids! We're going on a 10 day cruise up the east coast of Australia to tropical Queensland and the Great Barrier Reef, in winter (August). I've been looking at travel insurance today, and was impressed with one company (NRMA for those Aussies amongst us) who actually had neurosarcoidosis on their list of "re-existing conditions", and who WILL cover me despite having it. Yay!> > It means that if I end up in hospital because of the NS, and miss the cruise, they'll cover the cost of the missed trip, and we can reschedule our holiday. Plus coverage for any medical dramas on the high seas (which hopefully won't eventuate!). Figured it was worth it for the extra $70 or so in insurance!> > xo > > ------------------------------------> > ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~> The Neurosarcoidosis Community> > > > Message Archives:-> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messages> > Members Database:-> Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database > >

Guest guest

Yes, it's true! I was so surprised! I am truly looking forward to the cruise! My

husband has Chronic Fatigue quite badly, so he's looking forward to a low-key

everything-laid-on time away too :)

xo

> : sometimes things just work out -- isn't it funny how we can get so

excited about a neuro mention in an insurance policy. If I'd read that I would

probably have cried and also jumped around for joy for 10 minutes or so.

> A couple of years ago, my husband and I did the Alaska Inside Passage cruise

(pre-diagnosis for me) and it was wonderful; I firmly believe cruising is the

only true " woman's " vacation. Have a wonderful time and congrats on the 26 years

of marriage.

> in Canada

>

> > To: Neurosarcoidosis

> > From: denise@...

> > Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 15:42:58 +1000

> > Subject: Travel Insurance

> >

> > Hubby and I are going on our honeymoon at last, only 26 years after the

event, LOL ... and it's our first holiday away together sans kids! We're going

on a 10 day cruise up the east coast of Australia to tropical Queensland and the

Great Barrier Reef, in winter (August). I've been looking at travel insurance

today, and was impressed with one company (NRMA for those Aussies amongst us)

who actually had neurosarcoidosis on their list of " re-existing conditions " , and

who WILL cover me despite having it. Yay!

> >

> > It means that if I end up in hospital because of the NS, and miss the

cruise, they'll cover the cost of the missed trip, and we can reschedule our

holiday. Plus coverage for any medical dramas on the high seas (which hopefully

won't eventuate!). Figured it was worth it for the extra $70 or so in insurance!

> >

> > xo

> >

> > ------------------------------------

> >

> > ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

> > The Neurosarcoidosis Community

> >

> >

> >

> > Message Archives:-

> > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messages

> >

> > Members Database:-

> > Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.

> > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database

> >

> >

Guest guest

Our tropical far north is like your far south - so in winter it's still warm,

and not in the rainy season. So it should be glorious weather, high 20s (75-85ºF

roughly), and calm and lovely! And yes, we will do going on a snorkelling trip

to swim with the fishies!

Am having great fun buying the little bits and pieces we need for the trip at

the moment, nicest sort of retail therapy, LOL!

xo :)

> That's amazing, . I can't believe neurosarc was listed, let alone

actually covered! Wow, sounds like a great trip. Forgive me for my ignorance;

I know that it's winter there, but can people still snorkle/scuba dive the Reef?

That sounds even more stupid now that I read it, but inquiring minds want to

know (at least inquiring minds in Indiana, USA).

>

> Ramblin' Rose

> Co-owner/Moderator

>

> A merry heart is good medicine. Proverbs 17:22

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> > To: Neurosarcoidosis

> > From: denise@...

> > Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 15:42:58 +1000

> > Subject: Travel Insurance

> >

> > Hubby and I are going on our honeymoon at last, only 26 years after the

event, LOL ... and it's our first holiday away together sans kids! We're going

on a 10 day cruise up the east coast of Australia to tropical Queensland and the

Great Barrier Reef, in winter (August). I've been looking at travel insurance

today, and was impressed with one company (NRMA for those Aussies amongst us)

who actually had neurosarcoidosis on their list of " re-existing conditions " , and

who WILL cover me despite having it. Yay!

> >

> > It means that if I end up in hospital because of the NS, and miss the

cruise, they'll cover the cost of the missed trip, and we can reschedule our

holiday. Plus coverage for any medical dramas on the high seas (which hopefully

won't eventuate!). Figured it was worth it for the extra $70 or so in insurance!

> >

> > xo

> >

> > ------------------------------------

> >

> > ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

> > The Neurosarcoidosis Community

> >

> >

> >

> > Message Archives:-

> > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messages

> >

> > Members Database:-

> > Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.

> > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database

> >

> >

Guest guest

Oh, gee. It sounds like a fantastic trip, and a honeymoon too! Enjoy your shopping, packing, etc. and have a "mahvelous" time!

> To: Neurosarcoidosis > Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 15:43:15 +1000> Subject: Re: Travel Insurance> > Our tropical far north is like your far south - so in winter it's still warm, and not in the rainy season. So it should be glorious weather, high 20s (75-85ºF roughly), and calm and lovely! And yes, we will do going on a snorkelling trip to swim with the fishies!> > Am having great fun buying the little bits and pieces we need for the trip at the moment, nicest sort of retail therapy, LOL!> > xo :)> > > > > That's amazing, . I can't believe neurosarc was listed, let alone actually covered! Wow, sounds like a great trip. Forgive me for my ignorance; I know that it's winter there, but can people still snorkle/scuba dive the Reef? That sounds even more stupid now that I read it, but inquiring minds want to know (at least inquiring minds in Indiana, USA).> > > > Ramblin' Rose> > Co-owner/Moderator> > > > A merry heart is good medicine. Proverbs 17:22> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > To: Neurosarcoidosis > > > > > Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 15:42:58 +1000> > > Subject: Travel Insurance> > > > > > Hubby and I are going on our honeymoon at last, only 26 years after the event, LOL ... and it's our first holiday away together sans kids! We're going on a 10 day cruise up the east coast of Australia to tropical Queensland and the Great Barrier Reef, in winter (August). I've been looking at travel insurance today, and was impressed with one company (NRMA for those Aussies amongst us) who actually had neurosarcoidosis on their list of "re-existing conditions", and who WILL cover me despite having it. Yay!> > > > > > It means that if I end up in hospital because of the NS, and miss the cruise, they'll cover the cost of the missed trip, and we can reschedule our holiday. Plus coverage for any medical dramas on the high seas (which hopefully won't eventuate!). Figured it was worth it for the extra $70 or so in insurance!> > > > > > xo > > > > > > ------------------------------------> > > > > > ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~> > > The Neurosarcoidosis Community> > > > > > > > > > > > Message Archives:-> > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messages> > > > > > Members Database:-> > > Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.> > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database > > > > > >

Guest guest

Wow that's great, I never heard of anything like that. I'm glad you finally get your honeymoon, we didn't get ours until our 10th anniversary.  I love taking cruises, you will love it. Have a great time.

Marla " Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. " - Irish Proverb  

Hubby and I are going on our honeymoon at last, only 26 years after the event, LOL ... and it's our first holiday away together sans kids! We're going on a 10 day cruise up the east coast of Australia to tropical Queensland and the Great Barrier Reef, in winter (August). I've been looking at travel insurance today, and was impressed with one company (NRMA for those Aussies amongst us) who actually had neurosarcoidosis on their list of " re-existing conditions " , and who WILL cover me despite having it. Yay!

It means that if I end up in hospital because of the NS, and miss the cruise, they'll cover the cost of the missed trip, and we can reschedule our holiday. Plus coverage for any medical dramas on the high seas (which hopefully won't eventuate!). Figured it was worth it for the extra $70 or so in insurance!

xo

Guest guest

Thanks Marla! It's only 3 months away now, the time will fly :) I've just

packed some of the clothes into my suitcase (summer stuff that I won't need til

the trip), which makes it all feel a bit more real!

Everyone seems to say that cruises are wonderful, I sure hope they're not wrong

:)

This is the trip we're doing :

http://www.pocruises.com.au/findacruise/pages/CruiseProfile.aspx?CruiseCode=P126

And we'll probably do something like this reef swim as well:

p://www.pocruises.com.au/findacruise/shoretours/Pages/ShoreTour.aspx?ShoreTour=P\

TI-030

xxoo

> Wow that's great, I never heard of anything like that. I'm glad you

finally get your honeymoon, we didn't get ours until our 10th anniversary. I

love taking cruises, you will love it.

> Have a great time.

>

> Marla

>

> " Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk

less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. " - Irish Proverb

>

>

>

>

>

> On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 11:42 PM, Sutherland

wrote:

>

> Hubby and I are going on our honeymoon at last, only 26 years after the event,

LOL ... and it's our first holiday away together sans kids! We're going on a 10

day cruise up the east coast of Australia to tropical Queensland and the Great

Barrier Reef, in winter (August). I've been looking at travel insurance today,

and was impressed with one company (NRMA for those Aussies amongst us) who

actually had neurosarcoidosis on their list of " re-existing conditions " , and who

WILL cover me despite having it. Yay!

>

> It means that if I end up in hospital because of the NS, and miss the cruise,

they'll cover the cost of the missed trip, and we can reschedule our holiday.

Plus coverage for any medical dramas on the high seas (which hopefully won't

eventuate!). Figured it was worth it for the extra $70 or so in insurance!

>

> xo

>

>

>

>

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

I've been off the radar, my 3 yr old granddaughter got hurt at her dad's and it's been a circus. I am so glad that your getting to go on holiday. It will be wonderful I'm sure. And I'll be praying you have the best health, and the most fun ever.

To: Neurosarcoidosis Sent: Wed, May 11, 2011 1:42:58 AMSubject: Travel Insurance

Hubby and I are going on our honeymoon at last, only 26 years after the event, LOL ... and it's our first holiday away together sans kids! We're going on a 10 day cruise up the east coast of Australia to tropical Queensland and the Great Barrier Reef, in winter (August). I've been looking at travel insurance today, and was impressed with one company (NRMA for those Aussies amongst us) who actually had neurosarcoidosis on their list of "re-existing conditions", and who WILL cover me despite having it. Yay!It means that if I end up in hospital because of the NS, and miss the cruise, they'll cover the cost of the missed trip, and we can reschedule our holiday. Plus coverage for any medical dramas on the high seas (which hopefully won't eventuate!). Figured it was worth it for the extra $70 or so in insurance!xo

Guest guest

Is your granddaughter okay now? Boy, those little ones keep up on our toes, don't they?

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: conaugusta@...Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 21:52:53 -0700Subject: Re: Travel Insurance

I've been off the radar, my 3 yr old granddaughter got hurt at her dad's and it's been a circus. I am so glad that your getting to go on holiday. It will be wonderful I'm sure. And I'll be praying you have the best health, and the most fun ever.

To: Neurosarcoidosis Sent: Wed, May 11, 2011 1:42:58 AMSubject: Travel Insurance

Hubby and I are going on our honeymoon at last, only 26 years after the event, LOL ... and it's our first holiday away together sans kids! We're going on a 10 day cruise up the east coast of Australia to tropical Queensland and the Great Barrier Reef, in winter (August). I've been looking at travel insurance today, and was impressed with one company (NRMA for those Aussies amongst us) who actually had neurosarcoidosis on their list of "re-existing conditions", and who WILL cover me despite having it. Yay!It means that if I end up in hospital because of the NS, and miss the cruise, they'll cover the cost of the missed trip, and we can reschedule our holiday. Plus coverage for any medical dramas on the high seas (which hopefully won't eventuate!). Figured it was worth it for the extra $70 or so in insurance!xo

Guest guest

She' in a body cast from her chest all the way down the right leg, and to the knee on the left in a sitting position. She normally only weighs 35 lbs, with the cast she's at 65 lbs with an 85 lb wheelchair. I'm praying for my daughter's back as well as the baby. She's got a better attitude though (the baby) than most grown people would have about this. She is beginning to act like her normal, happy go lucky 3 going on 23 yr old self. She fell over sideways in the bed, and for a minute her dad didn't notice, when he looked over and noticed, she looked at him and said "I wondered how long it would take you to look" She's 3, I wonder sometimes if I need to check and see if she is really toddler, or a little person in disguise. She is a

total sweetie, and despite the commentary is a very well behaved sweet little munchkin. I hate it so bad she is going through this, she gets so scared the doctors are going to hurt her again she cries till she gets blue around the mouth. She doesn't understand that xrays with the cast won't hurt like the first ones. 9 wks 3 days to go, then the wheel chair another month, learn to walk again, and 6 mths of limping. This too shall pass, then I'm putting all 4 of my grands in bubblesuits.

To: neurosarcoidosis Sent: Sun, May 22, 2011 1:09:05 AMSubject: RE: Travel Insurance

Is your granddaughter okay now? Boy, those little ones keep up on our toes, don't they?

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: conaugusta@...Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 21:52:53 -0700Subject: Re: Travel Insurance

To: Neurosarcoidosis Sent: Wed, May 11, 2011 1:42:58 AMSubject: Travel Insurance Hubby and I are going on our honeymoon at last, only 26 years after the event, LOL ... and it's our first holiday away together sans kids! We're going on a 10 day cruise up the east coast of Australia to tropical Queensland and the Great Barrier Reef, in winter (August). I've been looking at travel insurance today, and was impressed with one company (NRMA for those Aussies amongst us) who actually had neurosarcoidosis on their list of "re-existing conditions", and who WILL cover me despite having it. Yay!It means that if I end up in hospital because of the NS, and miss the cruise, they'll cover the cost of the missed trip, and we can reschedule our holiday. Plus coverage for any medical dramas on the high seas (which hopefully won't eventuate!). Figured it was worth it for the extra $70 or so in insurance!xo

Guest guest

I'm sorry to hear about your granddaughter, when I was growing up, my niece had to have a lower body cast, that was a big U shape, she was born with dislocated hips, and she was in this a long time, she was pretty little, Maybe a year old, any way she stayed with us, long story, and she got around crawling with that cast, and was as fast as the rest of us, and it didn't seem to bother her at all.  Kids do adjust better then adults.  I have a great niece with JRA, and she use to take Methotrexate injections, and it was no big deal, she's in remission right now, her mother just went through a year of  he--, Breast Cancer, surgery, chemo and radiation. But she's doing good now. Praise God.

Marla " Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. " - Irish Proverb  

She' in a body cast from her chest all the way down the right leg, and to the knee on the left in a sitting position.  She normally only weighs 35 lbs, with the cast she's at 65 lbs with an 85 lb wheelchair.  I'm praying for my daughter's back as well as the baby.  She's got a better attitude though (the baby) than most grown people would have about this.  She is beginning to act like her normal, happy go lucky 3 going on 23 yr old self.  She fell over sideways in the bed, and for a minute her dad didn't notice, when he looked over and noticed, she looked at him and said " I wondered how long it would take you to look "    She's 3, I wonder sometimes if I need to check and see if she is really toddler, or  a little person in disguise.  She is a

total sweetie, and despite the commentary is a very well behaved sweet little munchkin.  I hate it so bad she is going through this, she gets so scared the doctors are going to hurt her again she cries till she gets blue around the mouth.  She doesn't understand that xrays with the cast won't hurt like the first ones.  9 wks 3 days to go, then the wheel chair another month, learn to walk again, and 6 mths of limping.  This too shall pass, then I'm putting all 4 of my grands in bubblesuits.

To: neurosarcoidosis

Sent: Sun, May 22, 2011 1:09:05 AMSubject: RE: Travel Insurance 

Is your granddaughter okay now?  Boy, those little ones keep up on our toes, don't they?

Ramblin' RoseCo-owner/Moderator

A merry heart is good medicine.  Proverbs 17:22 

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: conaugusta@...Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 21:52:53 -0700

Subject: Re: Travel Insurance

I've been off the radar, my 3 yr old granddaughter got hurt at her dad's and it's been a circus.  I am so glad that your getting to go on holiday.  It will be wonderful I'm sure.  And I'll be praying you have the best health, and the most fun ever.

To: Neurosarcoidosis

Sent: Wed, May 11, 2011 1:42:58 AMSubject: Travel Insurance  Hubby and I are going on our honeymoon at last, only 26 years after the event, LOL ... and it's our first holiday away together sans kids! We're going on a 10 day cruise up the east coast of Australia to tropical Queensland and the Great Barrier Reef, in winter (August). I've been looking at travel insurance today, and was impressed with one company (NRMA for those Aussies amongst us) who actually had neurosarcoidosis on their list of " re-existing conditions " , and who WILL cover me despite having it. Yay!

It means that if I end up in hospital because of the NS, and miss the cruise, they'll cover the cost of the missed trip, and we can reschedule our holiday. Plus coverage for any medical dramas on the high seas (which hopefully won't eventuate!). Figured it was worth it for the extra $70 or so in insurance!

xo