RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: okay something to get your mind off pain...lol

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Great Ann,

How are you doing? I have been trying to play catch up tonight so I know everyone is going to hate me tomorrow with all the e-mails. Sorry, but I want to know how everyone is...man when you get behind here your lost. lol

Love you

Lu

I enjoyed that one LU.

Ann

Guest guest

Hi Ann,

Oh Doctors make me so mad, I just wish they had the time to read some of our posts. I've had them tell me to come in so they could see my ear during a flare but never a picture. Heck you should take one next time and maybe the jerk will believe you. please let me know how the doctor's visit goes, I am planning on going to the one here in a week or so and then I am out to find a new one. This one is a jerk, a real jerk. He won't even return a phone call. I hope your flare goes away and your doc has a good treatment plan worked out. keep us posted.

Take care,

Love u

Lu

I asked him if he wanted me to come in to see the flare and his reply was no take a picture and bring it in. Can you imagine.

Enough of that. I glad to see you posting again. I missed

Guest guest

OOps Ann I misunderstood. Well, hey maybe he's a pervert. no just kidding.lol even though I know this isn't funny.

Take the man a pic but cover parts you don't want him to see.

I really can't believe he would ask you to do this, does he realize its your chest????

Doctors make me so mad! Is this where you usually flare? Is it the only place? I'm sorry Ann, but my memory is horrible. let me know what you do.

love u

Lu

Lu,

I wouldn't mind taking the picture for him if it was my ear. But its my chest that was flaring. It turns real red and swells. Then the asthma starts in an then bronchitis's.

Ann

Guest guest

In a message dated 1/2/02 10:01:24 PM Pacific Standard Time, mokie@...

writes:

<< My Rheumy and I had a

heated discussion on the phone until he saw things my way. I have an >>

Oh Ann, I'm soo proud of you and you should be proud too. Doesn't it make

you feel great when you know you are right and you win??? A Picture??? you

have to be kidding.. I guess nothing should surprise us...LOL Let us know

what you find out when you see him... Again Hooray for you!!! See what RP

awareness can do..... With the Foundation coming along... we will have

Brochures and really get these drs. caught up... Ask him if he wants to join

the foundation!!! LOL Feel free to give him my address to send the

donation...LOl

hugs

Guest guest

In a message dated 1/2/02 10:36:15 PM Pacific Standard Time, mokie@...

writes:

<< But its my

chest that was flaring. It turns real red and swells. Then the asthma starts

in an then bronchitis's. >>

Gosh Ann, I know this is not funny, but I could sure use a little swelling of

my chest. LOL Just kidding..... You tell that jerk that he doesn't NEED a

picture, that he should believe YOU... We know what our bodies are doing and

you knew you needed more pred... I'm just so proud of you!! YOu go girl.

hugs

Guest guest

In a message dated 1/2/02 10:54:03 PM Pacific Standard Time, jen@...

writes:

<< Hey Ann - why not cut out a really bad picture from a medical journal and

just mail it ito him with a note telling him to call you with his prognosis

when he's not too busy. You'd save on co-pays that way too!

>>

LOL...., I love it...... thanks for the suggestion... We should just

make a zillion copies of every picture of every part flaring and each of us

could have them to send these so called drs. LOL Thanks for the laugh.

hugs

Guest guest

In a message dated 1/2/02 11:02:22 PM Pacific Standard Time, mokie@...

writes:

<< hey caught this disease before any major damage was done

and when I have a flare I want it stopped before any damage is done. ( I

think that sounds right.)

Ann >>

That sounds GREAT!!!

Guest guest

I enjoyed that one LU.

Ann

-----Original Message-----From: Lu1953@... Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2002 12:19 AMTo: Rpolychondritis Subject: okay something to get your mind off pain...lolThings To Think About . . . . > > > Does that screwdriver belong to Philip? > > Does killing time damage eternity? > > Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard? > > Why is it that night falls but day breaks? > > Why is the third hand on the watch called a second hand? > > Why is it that when you're driving and looking for an address, you turn > down the volume on the radio? > > Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavor, and dishwashing liquid made > with real lemons? > > Are part-time band leaders semi-conductors? > > Can you buy an entire chess set in a pawn shop? > > Daylight savings time - why are they saving it and where do they keep it? > > Did Noah keep his bees in archives? > > Do jellyfish get gas from eating jellybeans? > > Do pilots take crash-courses? > > Do stars clean themselves with meteor showers? > > Do you think that when they asked Washington for ID that he just > whipped out a quarter? > > Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations? > > Have you ever seen a toad on a toadstool? > > How do you get off a non-stop flight? > > How do you write zero in Roman numerals? > > How many weeks are there in a light year? > > If a jogger runs at the speed of sound, can he still hear his Walkman? > > If Barbie's so popular, why do you have to buy all her friends? > > If blind people wear dark glasses, why don't deaf people wear earmuffs? > > If cats and dogs didn't have fur would we still pet them? > > If peanut butter cookies are made from peanut butter, then what are Girl > Scout cookies made out of? > > If space is a vacuum, who changes the bags? > > If swimming is good for your shape, then why do the whales look the way they > do? > > If tin whistles are made out of tin, what do they make fog horns out of? > > If you can't drink and drive, why do bars have parking lots? > > If you jog backwards, will you gain weight? > > If you take an Oriental person and spin him around several times, does he > become disoriented? > > Why do the signs that say Slow Children have a picture of a running child? DISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU

Guest guest

I'm doing much better than I was week before last. My Rheumy and I had a heated discussion on the phone until he saw things my way. I have an appointment with him tomorrow to discuss what treatment he has planned for me. I was having a major flare and all he could think about was decreasing the pred. I said wait just a minute I'm having a major flare here I think we should get this stopped instead of worrying about decreasing the pred. I asked him if he wanted me to come in to see the flare and his reply was no take a picture and bring it in. Can you imagine.

Enough of that. I glad to see you posting again. I missed you.

Ann

-----Original Message-----From: Lu1953@... Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2002 12:40 AMTo: Rpolychondritis Subject: Re: okay something to get your mind off pain...lolGreat Ann, How are you doing? I have been trying to play catch up tonight so I know everyone is going to hate me tomorrow with all the e-mails. Sorry, but I want to know how everyone is...man when you get behind here your lost. lol Love you Lu

I enjoyed that one LU. Ann DISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU

Guest guest

Lu,

I wouldn't mind taking the picture for him if it was my ear. But its my chest that was flaring. It turns real red and swells. Then the asthma starts in an then bronchitis's.

Ann

-----Original Message-----From: Lu1953@... Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2002 1:28 AMTo: Rpolychondritis Subject: Re: okay something to get your mind off pain...lolHi Ann, Oh Doctors make me so mad, I just wish they had the time to read some of our posts. I've had them tell me to come in so they could see my ear during a flare but never a picture. Heck you should take one next time and maybe the jerk will believe you. please let me know how the doctor's visit goes, I am planning on going to the one here in a week or so and then I am out to find a new one. This one is a jerk, a real jerk. He won't even return a phone call. I hope your flare goes away and your doc has a good treatment plan worked out. keep us posted. Take care, Love u Lu

I asked him if he wanted me to come in to see the flare and his reply was no take a picture and bring it in. Can you imagine. Enough of that. I glad to see you posting again. I missed DISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU

Guest guest

Hey Ann - why not cut out a really bad picture from a medical journal and just mail it ito him with a note telling him to call you with his prognosis when he's not too busy. You'd save on co-pays that way too!

:)

-----Original Message-----From: Lu1953@... Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2002 10:28 PMTo: Rpolychondritis Subject: Re: okay something to get your mind off pain...lolHi Ann, Oh Doctors make me so mad, I just wish they had the time to read some of our posts. I've had them tell me to come in so they could see my ear during a flare but never a picture. Heck you should take one next time and maybe the jerk will believe you. please let me know how the doctor's visit goes, I am planning on going to the one here in a week or so and then I am out to find a new one. This one is a jerk, a real jerk. He won't even return a phone call. I hope your flare goes away and your doc has a good treatment plan worked out. keep us posted. Take care, Love u Lu

I asked him if he wanted me to come in to see the flare and his reply was no take a picture and bring it in. Can you imagine. Enough of that. I glad to see you posting again. I missed DISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU

Guest guest

Thats a good Idea wish I would have thought of that one. I was so mad when he said that I saw red. And I'm not talking about my flare either. But dummy me, I get mad and my mind goes blank.

I also panic when I get one of those bad flares which doesn't help any. Like I told my Rheumy. They caught this disease before any major damage was done and when I have a flare I want it stopped before any damage is done. ( I think that sounds right.)

Ann

-----Original Message-----From: Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2002 1:55 AMTo: Rpolychondritis Subject: RE: okay something to get your mind off pain...lol

Hey Ann - why not cut out a really bad picture from a medical journal and just mail it ito him with a note telling him to call you with his prognosis when he's not too busy. You'd save on co-pays that way too!

:)

-----Original Message-----From: Lu1953@... Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2002 10:28 PMTo: Rpolychondritis Subject: Re: okay something to get your mind off pain...lolHi Ann, Oh Doctors make me so mad, I just wish they had the time to read some of our posts. I've had them tell me to come in so they could see my ear during a flare but never a picture. Heck you should take one next time and maybe the jerk will believe you. please let me know how the doctor's visit goes, I am planning on going to the one here in a week or so and then I am out to find a new one. This one is a jerk, a real jerk. He won't even return a phone call. I hope your flare goes away and your doc has a good treatment plan worked out. keep us posted. Take care, Love u Lu

Guest guest

Lu,

My chest is the major area. That and my ear. I've also noticed my lower back. He did a bone density test and my spine is at 79 %. Other places are at 85%. So I have lost a lot of bone density.

I know what you mean about the memory. My hubby says I'm really starting to worry him about that. Oh well if he can't take a joke.

Ann

-----Original Message-----From: Lu1953@... Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2002 1:57 AMTo: Rpolychondritis Subject: Re: okay something to get your mind off pain...lolOOps Ann I misunderstood. Well, hey maybe he's a pervert. no just kidding.lol even though I know this isn't funny. Take the man a pic but cover parts you don't want him to see. I really can't believe he would ask you to do this, does he realize its your chest???? Doctors make me so mad! Is this where you usually flare? Is it the only place? I'm sorry Ann, but my memory is horrible. let me know what you do. love u Lu

Lu, I wouldn't mind taking the picture for him if it was my ear. But its my chest that was flaring. It turns real red and swells. Then the asthma starts in an then bronchitis's. Ann DISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU

Guest guest

Yes that was funny. But I have enough chest without it swelling. But its the

chest bone that swells.

Ann

Re: okay something to get your mind off

pain...lol

In a message dated 1/2/02 10:36:15 PM Pacific Standard Time,

mokie@...

writes:

<< But its my

chest that was flaring. It turns real red and swells. Then the asthma

starts

in an then bronchitis's. >>

Gosh Ann, I know this is not funny, but I could sure use a little swelling

of

my chest. LOL Just kidding..... You tell that jerk that he doesn't NEED a

picture, that he should believe YOU... We know what our bodies are doing and

you knew you needed more pred... I'm just so proud of you!! YOu go girl.

hugs

DISCLAIMER!!

WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED

HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING

ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND

ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE

DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU

Guest guest

Ann, I would call the Medical Association and put in a complaint on him. sounds like he needs something done. If he does this to you 10 to 1 he will do it to someone else. Also by doing this when it is time for his recertification it will count points of so he has to do that much more to make up for it. Just a thought Bj)Barbara RE: okay something to get your mind off pain...lol Hey Ann - why not cut out a really bad picture from a medical journal and just mail it into him with a note telling him to call you with his prognosis when he's not too busy. You'd save on co-pays that way too! :) -----Original Message-----From: Lu1953@... Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2002 10:28 PMTo: Rpolychondritis Subject: Re: okay something to get your mind off pain...lolHi Ann, Oh Doctors make me so mad, I just wish they had the time to read some of our posts. I've had them tell me to come in so they could see my ear during a flare but never a picture. Heck you should take one next time and maybe the jerk will believe you. please let me know how the doctor's visit goes, I am planning on going to the one here in a week or so and then I am out to find a new one. This one is a jerk, a real jerk. He won't even return a phone call. I hope your flare goes away and your doc has a good treatment plan worked out. keep us posted. Take care, Love u Lu I asked him if he wanted me to come in to see the flare and his reply was no take a picture and bring it in. Can you imagine. Enough of that. I glad to see you posting again. I missed DISCLAIMER!!WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU

Guest guest

Just to let you know that I called the Medical Assoc

on my Mothers Dr and They never revoked his license

but shortley after this happen he moved from Mn and

moved to Tx...... Wonder Why!!!!! Its worth doing it I

think....

Carol

--- Barbara Graff wrote:

> Ann, I would call the Medical Association and put

> in a complaint on him. sounds like he needs

> something done. If he does this to you 10 to 1 he

> will do it to someone else. Also by doing this when

> it is time for his recertification it will count

> points of so he has to do that much more to make up

> for it. Just a thought

> Bj)Barbara

>

> Re: okay something to get

> your mind off pain...lol

>

>

> Hi Ann,

> Oh Doctors make me so mad, I just wish they had the

> time to read some of our posts. I've had them tell

> me to come in so they could see my ear during a

> flare but never a picture. Heck you should take one

> next time and maybe the jerk will believe you.

> please let me know how the doctor's visit goes, I am

> planning on going to the one here in a week or so

> and then I am out to find a new one. This one is a

> jerk, a real jerk. He won't even return a phone

> call.

> I hope your flare goes away and your doc has a good

> treatment plan worked out. keep us posted.

> Take care,

> Love u

> Lu

>

>

> I asked him if he wanted me to come in to see the

> flare and his reply was no take a picture and bring

> it in. Can you imagine.

> Enough of that. I glad to see you posting again. I

> missed

>

>

>

>

>

> DISCLAIMER!!

> WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY

> INFORMATION THAT IS RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE

> ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING

> ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE

> FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE.

> REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND TREATMENT MAYBE

> DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU

>

>

Guest guest

Great job!

That took courage and I'm glad you did it. Texas, huh? Maybe he

could take part in a rodeo and we could all round him up with the

others who are as bad!!

Good job!

> Just to let you know that I called the Medical Assoc

> on my Mothers Dr and They never revoked his license