RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Water filter for the house

Rate this topic

Guest guest

We have a reverse osmosis system on our kitchen sink for our drinking water and an aqua system water filter for the shower heads. The last was recommended by one of our biomed drs to get chlorine out of the bath/shower so not 100 percent it takes heavy metals out but think so. I am sure u can get this info off their site.Sent from my iPhone

Hi Guys

OT, here but I did a test for my bath water and it was positive for LEAD!! Can anyone recommend a filter they ve found useful!!!

Sent from my iPhone

Guest guest

I got our whole house filter with reverse osmosis. But we just moved due to tick Lyme infections in our neighborhood. For now we get shower filters from www.needs.com. It's a websight for people with multi chemical sensitivities. It has the biggest selection of products for super sensitive people. I use the filter to run the bath water from the shower head. Otherwise we get our whole house filter fromhttp://www.cwrenviro.com/about.phpDr. Roy speiser tests the. Water and designs the system specifically to your water. Our water was one of the worst in the country!Sent from my iPhone

We have a reverse osmosis system on our kitchen sink for our drinking water and an aqua system water filter for the shower heads. The last was recommended by one of our biomed drs to get chlorine out of the bath/shower so not 100 percent it takes heavy metals out but think so. I am sure u can get this info off their site.Sent from my iPhone

Hi Guys

OT, here but I did a test for my bath water and it was positive for LEAD!! Can anyone recommend a filter they ve found useful!!!

Sent from my iPhone

Guest guest

Hi Tendai

I am just about to get a brass slimline(slimline :if you reduce the distance it

sticks out) sprite shower filter (can be shower or bath) made in USA. ACtually

I have just looked again and this is to reduce the chlorine.

You may neeed to get a whole house filter? Someone else must know more about

this. Sorry I am no help.

kristen

Australia

>

> Hi Guys

> OT, here but I did a test for my bath water and it was positive for LEAD!! Can

anyone recommend a filter they ve found useful!!!

>

>

> Sent from my iPhone

>

Guest guest

Thank you !!!Sent from my iPhone

Hi Guys

Sent from my iPhone

Guest guest

Thank ve spent the evening reading up on info u gave Sent from my iPhone

I got our whole house filter with reverse osmosis. But we just moved due to tick Lyme infections in our neighborhood. For now we get shower filters from www.needs.com. It's a websight for people with multi chemical sensitivities. It has the biggest selection of products for super sensitive people. I use the filter to run the bath water from the shower head. Otherwise we get our whole house filter fromhttp://www.cwrenviro.com/about.phpDr. Roy speiser tests the. Water and designs the system specifically to your water. Our water was one of the worst in the country!Sent from my iPhone

Hi Guys

Sent from my iPhone

Guest guest

Thank for thinking about wth me!!Sent from my iPhone

Hi Tendai

I am just about to get a brass slimline(slimline :if you reduce the distance it sticks out) sprite shower filter (can be shower or bath) made in USA. ACtually I have just looked again and this is to reduce the chlorine.

You may neeed to get a whole house filter? Someone else must know more about this. Sorry I am no help.

kristen

Australia

>

> Hi Guys

> OT, here but I did a test for my bath water and it was positive for LEAD!! Can anyone recommend a filter they ve found useful!!!

>

>

> Sent from my iPhone

>

Guest guest

Tendai,

I've looked into this....there are many options, many out of our price league...

For the price & what it does (vs RO) I was recommended the whole house KDF

filter:

http://www.thewaterexchange.net/

(Not affiliated in any way...this is just where I was recommended from people I

trust).

Blessings,

Rita

> > >

> > > Hi Guys

> > > OT, here but I did a test for my bath water and it was positive for LEAD!!

Can anyone recommend a filter they ve found useful!!!

> > >

> > >

> > > Sent from my iPhone

> > >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Thank u Rita, am looking at getting a whole house filter for price I can afford and size that will go under my kitchen sink as that is where our water supply comes throughSent from my iPhone

Tendai,

I've looked into this....there are many options, many out of our price league...

For the price & what it does (vs RO) I was recommended the whole house KDF filter:

(Not affiliated in any way...this is just where I was recommended from people I trust).

Blessings,

Rita

> > >

> > > Hi Guys

> > > OT, here but I did a test for my bath water and it was positive for LEAD!! Can anyone recommend a filter they ve found useful!!!

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Hi Rita,Does the KDF only take care of chlorine?I am having a hard time finding info. On the system you bought.BEST REGARDS,TAMMY F.

Tendai,

For the price & what it does (vs RO) I was recommended the whole house KDF filter:

(Not affiliated in any way...this is just where I was recommended from people I trust).

Blessings,

Rita

> > >

> > > Hi Guys

> > > OT, here but I did a test for my bath water and it was positive for LEAD!! Can anyone recommend a filter they ve found useful!!!

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Tammy,

No, More than just chlorine. When I looked into this I was also concentrating on

the toxic metals because I already have a toxic metal load I don't need

more...this was a very important to me. I was looking into it to be used in

conjunction with a Enagic Kangen water system. I want this system So Bad!!! For

now this year my husbands new hip & my son's impacted tooth has hit us hard

financially this so I still do not have the system that we've decided on...thank

goodness for a dear friend that is still giving us her water that does have

these in place. For now, we use the chlorine shower filters...but I know it is

not enough....thank goodness for the Ioncleanse footbath...I'd rather it not

have the exposure/but unfortunately budget reigns supreme even when I've got

what I want picked out.

When looking into it I received a Filter Certification, I'd be happy to forward

to you off-list. The Certification states it was done by NSF International (from

the letter TOMITA PHARMACEUTICAL CO., LTD, AKINOKAMI SETO-CHO, NARUTO-CITY

TOKUSHIMA 771 360, JAPAN (as part of an AA -Annual Collection) and signed by the

" Director of Toxicology " cc: Program: 261 • DWA Std. 61 (Health Effects Testing)

Program Rep KAREN YALDOO Region: 03 -Asia PA Project: 238048

It shows a status of PASS (YES) for the following items:

Contaminant KDF

Rust/Sediment YES

Taste/Order YES

" Chlorine YES

Triharomethanes(THM) YES

Chemicals YES

Lead -Particulate YES

Lead -Dissolved YES

Hydrogen Sulfide YES

Iron YES

Arsenic YES(1)

Barium YES

Cadium YES

Chromium YES

Fluoride (2)

Mercury YES

Nitrate (2)

(1) Innorgic Arsenic

(2) Has shown reduction. but inconsistent.

For complete removal, see our Double Undercounter Filter

or call us for information on our fluoride and nitrate

selective filters.

I do not have any further info on the actual numbers, only that it " Passed " the

Health Effects Testing Toxicology testing showing that it has been filtered out

of the samples.

Filter replacement instructions show: 6 months or 1500gal for Lead.

Note: Yahoo does all kinds of crazy things when trying to copy this stuff over

to post it up to the groups....so I had to type part of this up to get it to you

in this format...sorry it's not more for you.

ps...If you find out more, please let us know....

My research turned to dental appliances & braces with my sons impacted tooth...I

now know more than I ever wanted to know when the $'s started coming through for

this issue.....a priority of never ending $'s....

RitaG

> > > > >

> > > > > Hi Guys

> > > > > OT, here but I did a test for my bath water and it was positive for

LEAD!! Can anyone recommend a filter they ve found useful!!!

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Sent from my iPhone

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Wow,Rita .Thank you for this .I have a lot of work to do.But I can't imagine that you haven't covered most everything.You are always so helpful.BEST REGARDS,TAMMY F.

Tammy,

No, More than just chlorine. When I looked into this I was also concentrating on the toxic metals because I already have a toxic metal load I don't need more...this was a very important to me. I was looking into it to be used in conjunction with a Enagic Kangen water system. I want this system So Bad!!! For now this year my husbands new hip & my son's impacted tooth has hit us hard financially this so I still do not have the system that we've decided on...thank goodness for a dear friend that is still giving us her water that does have these in place. For now, we use the chlorine shower filters...but I know it is not enough....thank goodness for the Ioncleanse footbath...I'd rather it not have the exposure/but unfortunately budget reigns supreme even when I've got what I want picked out.

When looking into it I received a Filter Certification, I'd be happy to forward to you off-list. The Certification states it was done by NSF International (from the letter TOMITA PHARMACEUTICAL CO., LTD, AKINOKAMI SETO-CHO, NARUTO-CITY TOKUSHIMA 771 360, JAPAN (as part of an AA -Annual Collection) and signed by the "Director of Toxicology" cc: Program: 261 • DWA Std. 61 (Health Effects Testing)

Contaminant KDF

Rust/Sediment YES

Taste/Order YES

"Chlorine YES

Triharomethanes(THM) YES

Chemicals YES

Lead -Particulate YES

Lead -Dissolved YES

Hydrogen Sulfide YES

Iron YES

Arsenic YES(1)

Barium YES

Cadium YES

Chromium YES

Fluoride (2)

Mercury YES

Nitrate (2)

(1) Innorgic Arsenic

selective filters.

I do not have any further info on the actual numbers, only that it "Passed" the Health Effects Testing Toxicology testing showing that it has been filtered out of the samples.

Note: Yahoo does all kinds of crazy things when trying to copy this stuff over to post it up to the groups....so I had to type part of this up to get it to you in this format...sorry it's not more for you.

My research turned to dental appliances & braces with my sons impacted tooth...I now know more than I ever wanted to know when the $'s started coming through for this issue.....a priority of never ending $'s....

RitaG

> > > > >

> > > > > Hi Guys

> > > > > OT, here but I did a test for my bath water and it was positive for LEAD!! Can anyone recommend a filter they ve found useful!!!

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

That she is!!! Many thanks RitaSent from my iPhone

Wow,Rita .Thank you for this .I have a lot of work to do.But I can't imagine that you haven't covered most everything.You are always so helpful.BEST REGARDS,TAMMY F.

Tammy,

No, More than just chlorine. When I looked into this I was also concentrating on the toxic metals because I already have a toxic metal load I don't need more...this was a very important to me. I was looking into it to be used in conjunction with a Enagic Kangen water system. I want this system So Bad!!! For now this year my husbands new hip & my son's impacted tooth has hit us hard financially this so I still do not have the system that we've decided on...thank goodness for a dear friend that is still giving us her water that does have these in place. For now, we use the chlorine shower filters...but I know it is not enough....thank goodness for the Ioncleanse footbath...I'd rather it not have the exposure/but unfortunately budget reigns supreme even when I've got what I want picked out.

When looking into it I received a Filter Certification, I'd be happy to forward to you off-list. The Certification states it was done by NSF International (from the letter TOMITA PHARMACEUTICAL CO., LTD, AKINOKAMI SETO-CHO, NARUTO-CITY TOKUSHIMA 771 360, JAPAN (as part of an AA -Annual Collection) and signed by the "Director of Toxicology" cc: Program: 261 • DWA Std. 61 (Health Effects Testing)

Contaminant KDF

Rust/Sediment YES

Taste/Order YES

"Chlorine YES

Triharomethanes(THM) YES

Chemicals YES

Lead -Particulate YES

Lead -Dissolved YES

Hydrogen Sulfide YES

Iron YES

Arsenic YES(1)

Barium YES

Cadium YES

Chromium YES

Fluoride (2)

Mercury YES

Nitrate (2)

(1) Innorgic Arsenic

selective filters.

I do not have any further info on the actual numbers, only that it "Passed" the Health Effects Testing Toxicology testing showing that it has been filtered out of the samples.

Note: Yahoo does all kinds of crazy things when trying to copy this stuff over to post it up to the groups....so I had to type part of this up to get it to you in this format...sorry it's not more for you.

My research turned to dental appliances & braces with my sons impacted tooth...I now know more than I ever wanted to know when the $'s started coming through for this issue.....a priority of never ending $'s....

RitaG

> > > > >

> > > > > Hi Guys

> > > > > OT, here but I did a test for my bath water and it was positive for LEAD!! Can anyone recommend a filter they ve found useful!!!

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>