RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Cortef 10mg takes 1 dose a day and now my son is getting sick?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I don't think I understand what you're saying. Cortef is hydrocortisone. It's not an antiviral.My son is on 5mg 2x a day for adrenal fatigue and I can't say we've ever had that problem. Typically, HC does not suppress immune function at under 40 mg.It's probably not from the HC but I dunno.

~ Antiviral Therapy 101~~ Make a biomed book ~~ gryffinstail.wordpress.com ~~ @Gryffins_Tail ~

We started my son on his anti-viral therapy yesturday and I notice a couple of hours after I gave him the Cortef his nose started running, coughing almost like if he's comeing down with a cold or something? I called the doctor and his nurse said this is a normal reaction to the steroid. Is this normal?

Warrior Mom to

4yrs old asd.

Guest guest

Thank you for replying.....Yes, and didn't know why my son started to have a

runny nose and a cough? He has now been on both for almost two weeks now and

the runny nose and cough has went away and now just alot of rubbing his ears and

covering them??? The doctor said the hydrocortisone was for inflammation. We

see our doctor tomorrow which he is the one that prescribe the antiviral to him.

I did read some of your blog Cheryl and I am going to ask him do we need to

eventually uppen the dose due to mutation of viruses. He is currently taking

Acyclovir 200mg/5ml once a day before he goes to bed. After this week we will

be putting him on Amantadine 50mg/5ml. once a day.

>

> > We started my son on his anti-viral therapy yesturday and I notice a couple

of hours after I gave him the Cortef his nose started running, coughing almost

like if he's comeing down with a cold or something? I called the doctor and his

nurse said this is a normal reaction to the steroid. Is this normal?

> >

> > Warrior Mom to

> > 4yrs old asd.

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Oh, you're seeing those other guys, I can't remember the name off the top of my head but yeah, I know of that protocol. A few moms here have gone through it but I can't really comment on its effectiveness.It's a different protocol entirely and I've never done it. I don't know if the other moms/dads are happy with it or if they changed docs. Maybe they'll answer. But if I remember right, he won't up the dose.

~ Antiviral Therapy 101~~ Make a biomed book ~~ gryffinstail.wordpress.com ~~ @Gryffins_Tail ~

Thank you for replying.....Yes, and didn't know why my son started to have a runny nose and a cough? He has now been on both for almost two weeks now and the runny nose and cough has went away and now just alot of rubbing his ears and covering them??? The doctor said the hydrocortisone was for inflammation. We see our doctor tomorrow which he is the one that prescribe the antiviral to him. I did read some of your blog Cheryl and I am going to ask him do we need to eventually uppen the dose due to mutation of viruses. He is currently taking Acyclovir 200mg/5ml once a day before he goes to bed. After this week we will be putting him on Amantadine 50mg/5ml. once a day.

>

> > We started my son on his anti-viral therapy yesturday and I notice a couple of hours after I gave him the Cortef his nose started running, coughing almost like if he's comeing down with a cold or something? I called the doctor and his nurse said this is a normal reaction to the steroid. Is this normal?

> >

> > Warrior Mom to

> > 4yrs old asd.

> >

> >

>