RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

differences between Piracetam and levetiracetam

Rate this topic

Guest guest

i´ve reading Cheryl´s Blog and found an interesting post about nootropics, i´m researching about it, and i think is a good choice in order to not use risperdol and other similar stuff. Is it considered levetiracetam a nootropic? is there any studies about it? or...Piracetam works as good as levetiracetam.Cheryl!! help me, my 7y.o son need something to works better at school, I´m living the spanish inquisition, i feel moobed at school because teachers ask for a medication :(

Guest guest

I can honestly tell you that I don't know enough about levetiracetam to do you

any good. I do know that a lot of ASD kids respond well to Keppra, but I

don't know if it's because it's treating seizures or if it's the similarities it has to piracetam. I do know that if you have a child with a seizure disorder, you should speak to a doctor (that KNOWS about piracetam - your pediatrician likely does not) before trying it. I have a Keppra article on the blog, but that's really as far as I know about it. Landau-Kleffner is something to look into if you are also thinking Keppra might be good for

your child.

I did try use piracetam first, as did my husband. We both felt it was a great supplement. One thing I know is that after starting Adderall, we probably could've upped the piracetam dose. I was concerned since getting him to tell you his thoughts on what he's taking is like pulling

teeth. I think now it's probably because he wasn't feeling much of anything. LOL I had upped my dose and backed off because I thought it was feeling a bit strange - and then I took adderall and realized that strange feeling...that's what it really

feels like to be able to focus. Heh. It explains why my husband upped the dose with no problem and great results. He had taken Adderall before

and knew what focus actually felt like - we're all ADD so it's no surprise my sons are too. I hadn't, so I was bit freaked out at first. At the end of the day, Adderall is more affordable than piracetam and doesn't require several doses a day.

We did do Hydergine (another Nootropic, Rx, and currently in an ADHD study, used for Alzheimer's) and we ended up stopping because our DAN wasn't familiar enough with dosage of Hydergine for me to feel comfortable trusting her judgment on how far we could increase the dose.

She didn't even know about it until I brought it to her attention, so I

didn't want to push my luck too far with it. I'm sure I could've gone further, but just didn't feel comfortable making that choice without more established info on it.

My son is recovered. But he still has pretty bad ADHD. After years of biomed that never touched his ADHD, I decided at 7 that it was time to help him in a more tangible way. His self-esteem was tanking fast. He knew he couldn't focus like everyone else. When you're kid comes home telling you how stupid they are, you tend to rethink how long you're willing to let them go through it. I called the doctor that day. He's now on Adderall.

It's a choice we've never regretted. He's 9 now.

And--drum roll everyone--this is new news from us!

He's on ZERO supplements or prescriptions for ASD. We did it. We FINALLY

got off all biomed needs with no regression. No more antiviral. No more

antifungal.

He's taking a regular gummi vitamin you can get at Sprouts and Adderall only. That happened in the last month or so. I may need to go back to yucca since he has a genetic ammonia issue, but I figure I'll find out soon enough about that. It'll be good to see if the antiviral/antifungal/supplements were creating a higher ammonia load.

So far, so good. We'll see if it lasts or if we'll end up right back on.

But it's encouraging since we've never been able to go this long without

reaching for the Valtrex before. We've tried removing it every year. This is the first year we've gotten an encouraging response.

To recap where he is:

Adderall

normal multivitamin

general ed

no aide

still gets speech 1x a week (I found out ADHD is also known for speech processing problems, not just ASD - so it looks like since we got rid of

the ASD, his speech processing issues may have been related more to the

ADHD than ASD)

drum lessons

karate lessons

cub scouts

golf

is greatly annoyed by his little brother

says things like, "that's really disturbing, Mom"

--

* * * Cheryl * *

* ~ Antiviral Therapy 101~~ Make a biomed book ~~ Gryffin's Tail Blog

~~ @Gryffins_Tail ~

María Atencio Jiménez wrote:

i´ve reading Cheryl´s Blog and found an interesting post about nootropics, i´m researching about it, and i think is a good choice in order to not use risperdol and other

similar stuff. Is it considered levetiracetam a nootropic? is there any

studies about it? or...Piracetam works as good as levetiracetam.Cheryl!!

help me, my 7y.o son need something to works better at school, I´m living the spanish inquisition, i feel moobed at school because teachers

ask for a medication :(

Guest guest

thanks, i´ll gonna look for more, the problem is i don´t have any doc who knows about this, so i feel alone. I´m glad to know your child is better!!! congrats!bless

you! De: Cheryl Para: mb12valtrex Enviado: Lunes 11 de marzo de 2013 20:12 Asunto: Re: differences between Piracetam and levetiracetam

don't know if it's because it's treating seizures or if it's the similarities it has to piracetam. I do know that if you have a child with a seizure disorder, you should speak to a doctor (that KNOWS about piracetam - your pediatrician likely does not) before trying it. I have a Keppra article on the blog, but that's really as far as I know about it. Landau-Kleffner is something to look into if you are also thinking Keppra might be good for

your child.

I did try use piracetam first, as did my husband. We both felt it was a great supplement. One thing I know is that after starting Adderall, we probably could've upped the piracetam dose. I was concerned since getting him to tell you his thoughts on what he's taking is like pulling

teeth. I think now it's probably because he wasn't feeling much of anything. LOL I had upped my dose and backed off because I thought it was feeling a bit strange - and then I took adderall and realized that strange feeling...that's what it really

feels like to be able to focus. Heh. It explains why my husband upped the dose with no problem and great results. He had taken Adderall before

and knew what focus actually felt like - we're all ADD so it's no surprise my sons are too. I hadn't, so I was bit freaked out at first. At the end of the day, Adderall is more affordable than piracetam and doesn't require several doses a day.

We did do Hydergine (another Nootropic, Rx, and currently in an ADHD study, used for Alzheimer's) and we ended up stopping because our DAN wasn't familiar enough with dosage of Hydergine for me to feel comfortable trusting her judgment on how far we could increase the dose.

didn't want to push my luck too far with it. I'm sure I could've gone further, but just didn't feel comfortable making that choice without more established info on it.

My son is recovered. But he still has pretty bad ADHD. After years of biomed that never touched his ADHD, I decided at 7 that it was time to help him in a more tangible way. His self-esteem was tanking fast. He knew he couldn't focus like everyone else. When you're kid comes home telling you how stupid they are, you tend to rethink how long you're willing to let them go through it. I called the doctor that day. He's now on Adderall.

antifungal.

He's taking a regular gummi vitamin you can get at Sprouts and Adderall only. That happened in the last month or so. I may need to go back to yucca since he has a genetic ammonia issue, but I figure I'll find out soon enough about that. It'll be good to see if the antiviral/antifungal/supplements were creating a higher ammonia load.

reaching for the Valtrex before. We've tried removing it every year. This is the first year we've gotten an encouraging response.

To recap where he is:

Adderall

normal multivitamin

general ed

no aide

still gets speech 1x a week (I found out ADHD is also known for speech processing problems, not just ASD - so it looks like since we got rid of

ADHD than ASD)

drum lessons

karate lessons

cub scouts

golf

--

* * * Cheryl * *

~~ @Gryffins_Tail ~

i´ve reading Cheryl´s Blog and found an interesting post about nootropics, i´m researching about it, and i think is a good choice in order to not use risperdol and other

help me, my 7y.o son need something to works better at school, I´m living the spanish inquisition, i feel moobed at school because teachers

Guest guest

Do u have a good Nd in your area? I ask bc that is how I started Then later I found an md who believed in biomeds and diet A natural dr can put you on the right track if he has experience with your issues It is not an overnight fix. It's a long term healing process Sent from my iPhonethanks, i´ll gonna look for more, the problem is i don´t have any doc who knows about this, so i feel alone. I´m glad to know your child is better!!! congrats!bless

you! De: Cheryl Para: mb12valtrex Enviado: Lunes 11 de marzo de 2013 20:12 Asunto: Re: differences between Piracetam and levetiracetam

your child.

antifungal.

To recap where he is:

Adderall

normal multivitamin

general ed

no aide

ADHD than ASD)

drum lessons

karate lessons

cub scouts

golf

-- <handsignaturevector.jpg>

* * * Cheryl * *

~~ @Gryffins_Tail ~

Guest guest

Congrats Cheryl. Every warrior mom should receive a metal for healing! It's a tough journey with no right or wrong answers Our intuition has to kick in as to what's best for each situation. Sent from my iPhone

Do u have a good Nd in your area? I ask bc that is how I started Then later I found an md who believed in biomeds and diet A natural dr can put you on the right track if he has experience with your issues It is not an overnight fix. It's a long term healing process Sent from my iPhonethanks, i´ll gonna look for more, the problem is i don´t have any doc who knows about this, so i feel alone. I´m glad to know your child is better!!! congrats!bless

your child.

antifungal.

To recap where he is:

Adderall

normal multivitamin

general ed

no aide

ADHD than ASD)

drum lessons

karate lessons

cub scouts

golf

* * * Cheryl * *

~~ @Gryffins_Tail ~

Reply via web post

Reply to sender

Reply to group

Start a New Topic

Guest guest

Is anyone dealing with OCD can anyone tell me what is working for this my son freaks if I touch him with damp hands god forbid I kiss him with lipstick or he spills something on him He tried to jump out of the car bc he spilled something on himself Is anyone dealing with this?Sent from my iPhone

your child.

antifungal.

To recap where he is:

Adderall

normal multivitamin

general ed

no aide

ADHD than ASD)

drum lessons

karate lessons

cub scouts

golf

* * * Cheryl * *

~~ @Gryffins_Tail ~

Guest guest

Have you ever looked into pandas? Sent from my iPhone

Is anyone dealing with OCD can anyone tell me what is working for this my son freaks if I touch him with damp hands god forbid I kiss him with lipstick or he spills something on him He tried to jump out of the car bc he spilled something on himself Is anyone dealing with this?Sent from my iPhone

your child.

antifungal.

To recap where he is:

Adderall

normal multivitamin

general ed

no aide

ADHD than ASD)

drum lessons

karate lessons

cub scouts

golf

* * * Cheryl * *

~~ @Gryffins_Tail ~

Guest guest

AMEN!

To: "mb12valtrex " <mb12valtrex > Sent: Friday, March 15, 2013 6:11 PMSubject: Re: differences between Piracetam and levetiracetam

Congrats Cheryl. Every warrior mom should receive a metal for healing! It's a tough journey with no right or wrong answers Our intuition has to kick in as to what's best for each situation.

Sent from my iPhone

Reply via web post

Reply to sender

Reply to group

Start a New Topic

Guest guest

cheryl,

I am so happy for you! I love hearing moms with recovery stories it is good to remind the new moms...recovery IS possible...

when I first started biomed very few recovery stories were ever heard first hand...what a blessing to hear them....

I remember there was one mom...on the RFA group three years ago with a recovered kid.....and how I hung on to every word she said....I even tried reading in between the lines to find the secret LOL..she was a mod ..thank goodness she was generous with her knowledge and shared with anyone willing to listen...just like you and many of the incredible super warrior moms on this group...

God bless you cheryl.....

To: "mb12valtrex " <mb12valtrex > Sent: Friday, March 15, 2013 6:11 PMSubject: Re: differences between Piracetam and levetiracetam

Congrats Cheryl. Every warrior mom should receive a metal for healing! It's a tough journey with no right or wrong answers Our intuition has to kick in as to what's best for each situation.

Sent from my iPhone

Reply via web post

Reply to sender

Reply to group

Start a New Topic

Guest guest

Hi there,

My son has a similar OCD which waxes and wanes in severity. It has gotten much

better since I started Flush Free Niacin - Inositol Hexaniacinate. He still

closes closet doors if they are left open, wants his skin to be dry at all the

times but doesn't freak out any more. He had an obsession with the angles of his

mouth and chapped lips and that is a lot better since he is getting Flush Free

Niacin. I am also giving him riboflavin which has helped with the angles of his

mouth - they seemed to have small fissures either from deficiency of riboflavin

or from constant manipulation by my son's hand.

Also, I agree with Channa that Clostridia, Strep or any other anaerobic

overgrowth can worsen OCD. I had good response with vancomycin done in rounds

with 2 weeks on and 1 week off. Need to have an antifungal on board to prevent

yeast flare. Even yeast flare can worsen OCD especially when there is die off

going on. When I notice that, I give him lemon juice - few drops in an oz of

water repeatedly and that helps a lot.

Hope this helps.

is

> >>>

> >>>

> >>> i´ve reading Cheryl´s Blog and found an interesting post about

nootropics, i´m researching about it, and i think is a good choice in order to

not use risperdol and other similar stuff. Is it considered levetiracetam a

nootropic? is there any studies about it? or...Piracetam works as good as

levetiracetam.

> >>>

> >>> Cheryl!! help me, my 7y.o son need something to works better at school,

I´m living the spanish inquisition, i feel moobed at school because teachers

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Oh Cheryl! It is so wonderful to know that your son is doing so well and he is

finally off valtrex and antifungals. Every time my husband asks me how long are

we going to use valtrex for my son, I always thought about your situation where

you mentioned that every time you try to take him off valtrex, he went back into

ASD. My son definitely responded to valtrex with improved learning, social

skills, decreased anxiety and improved fine motor skills. But I hate the fact

that we have to use antifungals. He does respond to yeast treatments with

reduction in brain fog and better focus but since we started valtrex, I keep

seeing a cycle in yeasty symptoms(which may actually not be yeast symptoms). But

the gains that I see with valtrex have been significant and I don't mind

fighting yeast on and off. I would also love to stop the antimicrobials but am

too scared and may be it is too early. My son has been on valtrex for last 7

months. Sometimes I am tempted to take him off at least the antimicrobials and

see how he will do. Is it too early to try taking valtrex off? Also, now that

you have discontinued valtrex, do you think the reason you noticed regression on

stopping valtrex was because you were losing its benefits or because your son

would have tolerated the weaning if he was already on Adderal? You may not have

the answer to that but just wanted to know your opinion.

Again, your son's recovery gives us all so much hope. I know my son is still far

from recovery but I have hope. Thank you so much for sharing your son's details

with us.

is

> >>>

> >>>

> >>> i´ve reading Cheryl´s Blog and found an interesting post about

nootropics, i´m researching about it, and i think is a good choice in order to

not use risperdol and other similar stuff. Is it considered levetiracetam a

nootropic? is there any studies about it? or...Piracetam works as good as

levetiracetam.

> >>>

> >>> Cheryl!! help me, my 7y.o son need something to works better at school,