RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: To Kristie

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Glad to hear of your changes and new positive things in your life, dont worry those 16s are going to fit ! happy new year to you colleenhollotwomn@... wrote: Francisco, What a wonderful thing. I can't imagine running 15 miles that is absolutely amazing what a victory for you. I got up for my walk this morning and took my son. Now before my 9 yo was walking faster than me. Today he was keeping up with me and I was ahead a few times. I did a slight jog which I have not really done before and I was able to make it down a whole street. It was so exciting to move and have less of my body moving up and down while I jogged. I used to play co-ed softball and when I would run out to center field I could hear my stomach bouncing. Gross I know sorry. But today it was different with loss of my breasts and my stomach it felt

great. Yesterday I went to the mall and put on a size 16 they were tight not able to buy but it felt great to get them on. I am so excited for 2006. Kristie> > > Date: 2006/01/01 Sun AM 07:15:30 PST> To: gastric-bypass-support-kaiser-patients > Subject: Happy New Year> > Hello everyone:My New Years Eve was wonderful.I began the day with 320 sit ups and a half hour of weight training. Then I ran 15 miles, from Pier 39 to the Marin side of the Golden Gate Bridge and

back--3 hours and 15 mins.At times the rain was hard and the wind, strong, but what fun I had! And the Bridge was all mine. There were long stretches of time where I was the only person I could see on the bridge.As I was running along Fort Point (just under the Bridge), the waves were breaking so hard and high, that they were taller than me.Around mile 12 or 13, I was feeling pretty depleated (, you'll understand this) but I ate my GU (an energy product for long-distance runners), and I asked God to help me finish.And just as I invited God into my heart again, a soft warm rain began to fall, and I was cooled off and refreshed, then a stong wind came at my back and lead me up the hill of Fort Mason and back through Ghirardelli Square and Fisherman's Wharf.When I came home, I gave myself a spa treatment. I set up the bathroom with candles and soft music. Then I set up a table with

my favorite drink--Crystal Light Ruby Red Grapefruit--and my turkey slices (for after drinking of course).First I started with a cold salt bath (runners do this to help the feet and legs recover from a distance run), then I used my favorite body scrub--The Body Shop's OLIVE Body Scrub/Exfoliant Corporel with organic olive oil to moisturize--to wash off all the sunscreen and road dirt.Then when I was rinsed and clean, I filled the tub with warm water (OMG, I just realized that I fit in the tub!) and soaked while I ate my lunch and dozed a bit to the music and warm candle light.After my bath, I moisturized with The Body Shop's Olive Body Butter, and I have to admit, I was smelling really good. Then I crawled into my flannel sheets and took a well deserved nap.I think we all need to pamper ourselves like this every once in a while. It really communicates to ourselves that we deserve to treat

ourselves well.I hope that the Golden Gate Bridge run will be my new New Year's Eve tradition.May everyone have a GREAT 2006!Francisco

Colleen

Guest guest

Glad to hear of your changes and new positive things in your life, dont worry those 16s are going to fit ! happy new year to you colleenhollotwomn@... wrote: Francisco, What a wonderful thing. I can't imagine running 15 miles that is absolutely amazing what a victory for you. I got up for my walk this morning and took my son. Now before my 9 yo was walking faster than me. Today he was keeping up with me and I was ahead a few times. I did a slight jog which I have not really done before and I was able to make it down a whole street. It was so exciting to move and have less of my body moving up and down while I jogged. I used to play co-ed softball and when I would run out to center field I could hear my stomach bouncing. Gross I know sorry. But today it was different with loss of my breasts and my stomach it felt

great. Yesterday I went to the mall and put on a size 16 they were tight not able to buy but it felt great to get them on. I am so excited for 2006. Kristie> > > Date: 2006/01/01 Sun AM 07:15:30 PST> To: gastric-bypass-support-kaiser-patients > Subject: Happy New Year> > Hello everyone:My New Years Eve was wonderful.I began the day with 320 sit ups and a half hour of weight training. Then I ran 15 miles, from Pier 39 to the Marin side of the Golden Gate Bridge and

back--3 hours and 15 mins.At times the rain was hard and the wind, strong, but what fun I had! And the Bridge was all mine. There were long stretches of time where I was the only person I could see on the bridge.As I was running along Fort Point (just under the Bridge), the waves were breaking so hard and high, that they were taller than me.Around mile 12 or 13, I was feeling pretty depleated (, you'll understand this) but I ate my GU (an energy product for long-distance runners), and I asked God to help me finish.And just as I invited God into my heart again, a soft warm rain began to fall, and I was cooled off and refreshed, then a stong wind came at my back and lead me up the hill of Fort Mason and back through Ghirardelli Square and Fisherman's Wharf.When I came home, I gave myself a spa treatment. I set up the bathroom with candles and soft music. Then I set up a table with

my favorite drink--Crystal Light Ruby Red Grapefruit--and my turkey slices (for after drinking of course).First I started with a cold salt bath (runners do this to help the feet and legs recover from a distance run), then I used my favorite body scrub--The Body Shop's OLIVE Body Scrub/Exfoliant Corporel with organic olive oil to moisturize--to wash off all the sunscreen and road dirt.Then when I was rinsed and clean, I filled the tub with warm water (OMG, I just realized that I fit in the tub!) and soaked while I ate my lunch and dozed a bit to the music and warm candle light.After my bath, I moisturized with The Body Shop's Olive Body Butter, and I have to admit, I was smelling really good. Then I crawled into my flannel sheets and took a well deserved nap.I think we all need to pamper ourselves like this every once in a while. It really communicates to ourselves that we deserve to treat

ourselves well.I hope that the Golden Gate Bridge run will be my new New Year's Eve tradition.May everyone have a GREAT 2006!Francisco

Colleen

Guest guest

Thanks Colleen, Happy New Year...

Kristie

>

>

> Date: 2006/01/01 Sun AM 11:50:06 PST

> To: gastric-bypass-support-kaiser-patients

> Subject: Re: To Kristie

>

> Glad to hear of your changes and new positive things in your life, dont worry

those 16s are going to fit !

> happy new year to you

> colleen

>

> hollotwomn@... wrote:

> Francisco,

> What a wonderful thing. I can't imagine running 15 miles that is absolutely

amazing what a victory for you. I got up for my walk this morning and took my

son. Now before my 9 yo was walking faster than me. Today he was keeping up with

me and I was ahead a few times. I did a slight jog which I have not really done

before and I was able to make it down a whole street. It was so exciting to move

and have less of my body moving up and down while I jogged. I used to play co-ed

softball and when I would run out to center field I could hear my stomach

bouncing. Gross I know sorry. But today it was different with loss of my breasts

and my stomach it felt great. Yesterday I went to the mall and put on a size 16

they were tight not able to buy but it felt great to get them on. I am so

excited for 2006.

>

> Kristie

> >

> >

> > Date: 2006/01/01 Sun AM 07:15:30 PST

> > To: gastric-bypass-support-kaiser-patients

> > Subject: Happy New Year

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Thanks Colleen, Happy New Year...

Kristie

>

>

> Date: 2006/01/01 Sun AM 11:50:06 PST

> To: gastric-bypass-support-kaiser-patients

> Subject: Re: To Kristie

>

> Glad to hear of your changes and new positive things in your life, dont worry

those 16s are going to fit !

> happy new year to you

> colleen

>

> hollotwomn@... wrote:

> Francisco,

> What a wonderful thing. I can't imagine running 15 miles that is absolutely

amazing what a victory for you. I got up for my walk this morning and took my

son. Now before my 9 yo was walking faster than me. Today he was keeping up with

me and I was ahead a few times. I did a slight jog which I have not really done

before and I was able to make it down a whole street. It was so exciting to move

and have less of my body moving up and down while I jogged. I used to play co-ed

softball and when I would run out to center field I could hear my stomach

bouncing. Gross I know sorry. But today it was different with loss of my breasts

and my stomach it felt great. Yesterday I went to the mall and put on a size 16

they were tight not able to buy but it felt great to get them on. I am so

excited for 2006.

>

> Kristie

> >

> >

> > Date: 2006/01/01 Sun AM 07:15:30 PST

> > To: gastric-bypass-support-kaiser-patients

> > Subject: Happy New Year

> >

> >