RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Hair Loss

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Pam, Thank you for your support. I will think positive and just prepare myself. When I lost hair due to my anemia I did the same exact thing, part my hair on the side and wear ponytails. You are always a very supportive and positive person and I appreciate that of you. MaridianaPamela A Marsh wrote: Maridiana, I don't have thick hair and my hair hasalways been relatively thin on top. I chalked that upto always wearing a part in the middle of my head andbeing pulled back into pony tails. While my hair didthin more on top but not balding. I think the tradeoff is more to me than worrying about the think hairas it will grow back. I mean, I am black and

blackpeople don't wash their hair everyday because it isnaturally dry..more dryer than other nationalities. Ihave heard people say to use biotin. There is ashampoo and conditioner that cancer patients use togrow their hair back and it works really well. It iscalled Nioxin and you can get it at salons. It ispricy but I must tell you that this is just a part ofit and I have not really noticed that much of adifference since using the Nioxin as I don't wash myhair everyday. Using it everyday, one might notice adifference.Please try not to worry as there are other things youcan do like..for instance, wear wigs. I did thisanyway as a means to have different styles, cuts,colors without doing all the changes/damages to my ownhair.I hope that helps.Pam Marsh--- Maridiana Saucedo wrote:> Hi All,>

> Okay, now I am worried because I have very thin> hair and I had experienced some hair loss when I was> anemic previously. I am better now but it still> takes time for my hair to grow back. Is this going> to be a problem for my thin hair? Has anyone else,> who has thin hair experienced the hair loss?> > Worried,> > Maridiana> > Pamela A Marsh wrote:> They say about six months. I noticed some hair> shedding (not falling out though) around the end of> the month three and then at the end of month 6, is> slowed dramatically. You will be fine. Thank God> for thick hair huh???> > Pam Marsh> > > > > > __________________________________________________> Do

You Yahoo!?> Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam> protection around > http://mail.yahoo.com > > >

Guest guest

Pam, Thank you for your support. I will think positive and just prepare myself. When I lost hair due to my anemia I did the same exact thing, part my hair on the side and wear ponytails. You are always a very supportive and positive person and I appreciate that of you. MaridianaPamela A Marsh wrote: Maridiana, I don't have thick hair and my hair hasalways been relatively thin on top. I chalked that upto always wearing a part in the middle of my head andbeing pulled back into pony tails. While my hair didthin more on top but not balding. I think the tradeoff is more to me than worrying about the think hairas it will grow back. I mean, I am black and

blackpeople don't wash their hair everyday because it isnaturally dry..more dryer than other nationalities. Ihave heard people say to use biotin. There is ashampoo and conditioner that cancer patients use togrow their hair back and it works really well. It iscalled Nioxin and you can get it at salons. It ispricy but I must tell you that this is just a part ofit and I have not really noticed that much of adifference since using the Nioxin as I don't wash myhair everyday. Using it everyday, one might notice adifference.Please try not to worry as there are other things youcan do like..for instance, wear wigs. I did thisanyway as a means to have different styles, cuts,colors without doing all the changes/damages to my ownhair.I hope that helps.Pam Marsh--- Maridiana Saucedo wrote:> Hi All,>

> Okay, now I am worried because I have very thin> hair and I had experienced some hair loss when I was> anemic previously. I am better now but it still> takes time for my hair to grow back. Is this going> to be a problem for my thin hair? Has anyone else,> who has thin hair experienced the hair loss?> > Worried,> > Maridiana> > Pamela A Marsh wrote:> They say about six months. I noticed some hair> shedding (not falling out though) around the end of> the month three and then at the end of month 6, is> slowed dramatically. You will be fine. Thank God> for thick hair huh???> > Pam Marsh> > > > > > __________________________________________________> Do

You Yahoo!?> Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam> protection around > http://mail.yahoo.com > > >

Guest guest

Thank you Colleen, This is a tough thing to look forward to. But with all of the support from the group I am sure I will get through this. MaridianaColleen Garner wrote: Hi Madriana well it happens the hair loss thing and i thought i would be prepared for it when it happened but i wasnt, i would shed hair everywhere, and yes the shower drain was sad.................My hair is somewhat thinner than it was prior to surgery and before surgery my hair was very fine, but thicker than what it is now, its better than it was and its not too bad, but the vain in me, wishes it were thicker but in time it might get thicker, i am one year out of surgery this fri good luck ColleenMaridiana Saucedo

wrote: Hi All, Okay, now I am worried because I have very thin hair and I had experienced some hair loss when I was anemic previously. I am better now but it still takes time for my hair to grow back. Is this going to be a problem for my thin hair? Has anyone else, who has thin hair experienced the hair loss? Worried, MaridianaPamela A Marsh wrote: They say about six months. I noticed some hairshedding (not falling out though) around the end ofthe month three and then at the end of month 6, isslowed dramatically. You will be

fine. Thank Godfor thick hair huh???Pam Marsh> __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Thank you Colleen, This is a tough thing to look forward to. But with all of the support from the group I am sure I will get through this. MaridianaColleen Garner wrote: Hi Madriana well it happens the hair loss thing and i thought i would be prepared for it when it happened but i wasnt, i would shed hair everywhere, and yes the shower drain was sad.................My hair is somewhat thinner than it was prior to surgery and before surgery my hair was very fine, but thicker than what it is now, its better than it was and its not too bad, but the vain in me, wishes it were thicker but in time it might get thicker, i am one year out of surgery this fri good luck ColleenMaridiana Saucedo

wrote: Hi All, Okay, now I am worried because I have very thin hair and I had experienced some hair loss when I was anemic previously. I am better now but it still takes time for my hair to grow back. Is this going to be a problem for my thin hair? Has anyone else, who has thin hair experienced the hair loss? Worried, MaridianaPamela A Marsh wrote: They say about six months. I noticed some hairshedding (not falling out though) around the end ofthe month three and then at the end of month 6, isslowed dramatically. You will be

fine. Thank Godfor thick hair huh???Pam Marsh> __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Kristie I lost alot until about 7 months post op, then it started being less but still losing, finally now at almost 10 months I lose very little and I see lots of new growth sticking out. I have to spray it down, it is silly looking. Take care. Donnahollotwomn@... wrote: Question Question Question:Hair Loss, I started losing lots of hair in January which was my 3 month post op. Now, I had alot of hair so I am doing fairly okay looks wise but mentally it is driving me crazy. When does this stop????? Everywhere I turn my hair is there. Taking a shower goodness it takes an extra 5 minutes to get all of the hair off of me. Any suggestions as to when this will be over???Kristie311/210/?? 160 hopefully10/3/05Donna JordonDSJordon@...

Yahoo! Mail - Helps protect you from nasty viruses.

Guest guest

Kristie I lost alot until about 7 months post op, then it started being less but still losing, finally now at almost 10 months I lose very little and I see lots of new growth sticking out. I have to spray it down, it is silly looking. Take care. Donnahollotwomn@... wrote: Question Question Question:Hair Loss, I started losing lots of hair in January which was my 3 month post op. Now, I had alot of hair so I am doing fairly okay looks wise but mentally it is driving me crazy. When does this stop????? Everywhere I turn my hair is there. Taking a shower goodness it takes an extra 5 minutes to get all of the hair off of me. Any suggestions as to when this will be over???Kristie311/210/?? 160 hopefully10/3/05Donna JordonDSJordon@...

Yahoo! Mail - Helps protect you from nasty viruses.

Guest guest

Maridiana I have very very thin hair and it's also fine. So I was really really really worried, but after the WLS about 3 months I started losing my hair but not how the people with thick hair talk about fist fulls. It would be alot to what I was use to but nothing to what I expected. Now by almost 10 months I don't have much lose and I have new growth. I do eat protein, protein, and protein the most and I do believe this helps. Take care. DonnaMaridiana Saucedo wrote: Hi All, Okay, now I am worried because I have very thin hair and I had experienced some hair loss when I was anemic previously. I am better now but it still takes time for my hair to grow back. Is this going to be a problem for my thin hair? Has anyone else, who

has thin hair experienced the hair loss? Worried, MaridianaPamela A Marsh wrote: They say about six months. I noticed some hairshedding (not falling out though) around the end ofthe month three and then at the end of month 6, isslowed dramatically. You will be fine. Thank Godfor thick hair huh???Pam Marsh> __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Maridiana I have very very thin hair and it's also fine. So I was really really really worried, but after the WLS about 3 months I started losing my hair but not how the people with thick hair talk about fist fulls. It would be alot to what I was use to but nothing to what I expected. Now by almost 10 months I don't have much lose and I have new growth. I do eat protein, protein, and protein the most and I do believe this helps. Take care. DonnaMaridiana Saucedo wrote: Hi All, Okay, now I am worried because I have very thin hair and I had experienced some hair loss when I was anemic previously. I am better now but it still takes time for my hair to grow back. Is this going to be a problem for my thin hair? Has anyone else, who

has thin hair experienced the hair loss? Worried, MaridianaPamela A Marsh wrote: They say about six months. I noticed some hairshedding (not falling out though) around the end ofthe month three and then at the end of month 6, isslowed dramatically. You will be fine. Thank Godfor thick hair huh???Pam Marsh> __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Thank you Donna, I was just so concerned be cause of my already very thin and very fine hair. I gues it would be similar to when I was anemic. Thanks for your support! MaridianaDonna Jordon wrote: Maridiana I have very very thin hair and it's also fine. So I was really really really worried, but after the WLS about 3 months I started losing my hair but not how the people with thick hair talk about fist fulls. It would be alot to what I was use to but nothing to what I expected. Now by almost 10 months I don't have much lose and I have new growth. I do eat protein, protein, and protein the most and I do believe this helps. Take care. DonnaMaridiana Saucedo

Guest guest

Thank you Donna, I was just so concerned be cause of my already very thin and very fine hair. I gues it would be similar to when I was anemic. Thanks for your support! MaridianaDonna Jordon wrote: Maridiana I have very very thin hair and it's also fine. So I was really really really worried, but after the WLS about 3 months I started losing my hair but not how the people with thick hair talk about fist fulls. It would be alot to what I was use to but nothing to what I expected. Now by almost 10 months I don't have much lose and I have new growth. I do eat protein, protein, and protein the most and I do believe this helps. Take care. DonnaMaridiana Saucedo

Guest guest

When I lost my alot of my hair, I just shaved it short. Like a soldier and wear earrings and much lipstick. I am able to play it off. My curly hair is gone. But so is 101 pounds...Yeah! and still losing. I have 63 pounds to go. Date of surgery: 8 Aug 05 Weight before surgery: 289Maridiana Saucedo wrote: Pam, Thank you for your support. I will think positive and just prepare myself. When I lost hair due to my anemia I did the same exact thing, part my hair on the side and wear ponytails. You are always a very supportive and positive person and I appreciate that of you. MaridianaPamela A Marsh

wrote: Maridiana, I don't have thick hair and my hair hasalways been relatively thin on top. I chalked that upto always wearing a part in the middle of my head andbeing pulled back into pony tails. While my hair didthin more on top but not balding. I think the tradeoff is more to me than worrying about the think hairas it will grow back. I mean, I am black and blackpeople don't wash their hair everyday because it isnaturally dry..more dryer than other nationalities. Ihave heard people say to use biotin. There is ashampoo and conditioner that cancer patients use togrow their hair back and it works really well. It iscalled Nioxin and you can get it at salons. It ispricy but I must tell you that this is just a part ofit and I have not

really noticed that much of adifference since using the Nioxin as I don't wash myhair everyday. Using it everyday, one might notice adifference.Please try not to worry as there are other things youcan do like..for instance, wear wigs. I did thisanyway as a means to have different styles, cuts,colors without doing all the changes/damages to my ownhair.I hope that helps.Pam Marsh--- Maridiana Saucedo wrote:> Hi All,> > Okay, now I am worried because I have very thin> hair and I had experienced some hair loss when I was> anemic previously. I am better now but it still> takes time for my hair to grow back. Is this going> to be a problem for my thin hair? Has anyone else,> who has thin hair experienced the hair loss?> >

Worried,> > Maridiana> > Pamela A Marsh wrote:> They say about six months. I noticed some hair> shedding (not falling out though) around the end of> the month three and then at the end of month 6, is> slowed dramatically. You will be fine. Thank God> for thick hair huh???> > Pam Marsh> > > > > > __________________________________________________>

Guest guest

When I lost my alot of my hair, I just shaved it short. Like a soldier and wear earrings and much lipstick. I am able to play it off. My curly hair is gone. But so is 101 pounds...Yeah! and still losing. I have 63 pounds to go. Date of surgery: 8 Aug 05 Weight before surgery: 289Maridiana Saucedo wrote: Pam, Thank you for your support. I will think positive and just prepare myself. When I lost hair due to my anemia I did the same exact thing, part my hair on the side and wear ponytails. You are always a very supportive and positive person and I appreciate that of you. MaridianaPamela A Marsh

wrote: Maridiana, I don't have thick hair and my hair hasalways been relatively thin on top. I chalked that upto always wearing a part in the middle of my head andbeing pulled back into pony tails. While my hair didthin more on top but not balding. I think the tradeoff is more to me than worrying about the think hairas it will grow back. I mean, I am black and blackpeople don't wash their hair everyday because it isnaturally dry..more dryer than other nationalities. Ihave heard people say to use biotin. There is ashampoo and conditioner that cancer patients use togrow their hair back and it works really well. It iscalled Nioxin and you can get it at salons. It ispricy but I must tell you that this is just a part ofit and I have not

really noticed that much of adifference since using the Nioxin as I don't wash myhair everyday. Using it everyday, one might notice adifference.Please try not to worry as there are other things youcan do like..for instance, wear wigs. I did thisanyway as a means to have different styles, cuts,colors without doing all the changes/damages to my ownhair.I hope that helps.Pam Marsh--- Maridiana Saucedo wrote:> Hi All,> > Okay, now I am worried because I have very thin> hair and I had experienced some hair loss when I was> anemic previously. I am better now but it still> takes time for my hair to grow back. Is this going> to be a problem for my thin hair? Has anyone else,> who has thin hair experienced the hair loss?> >

Worried,> > Maridiana> > Pamela A Marsh wrote:> They say about six months. I noticed some hair> shedding (not falling out though) around the end of> the month three and then at the end of month 6, is> slowed dramatically. You will be fine. Thank God> for thick hair huh???> > Pam Marsh> > > > > > __________________________________________________>

Guest guest

HI ,

I am only on prednisone IV and oral prednisone and I have noticed that. Thank goodness I have really thick hair. I am also on a multivitamin, cal/mag pill, fish oil liquid, probiotics, chromium and occasional potassium pill plus nexium for my stomach per my neurologist. I do take tonic water when I get muscle cramps or twitches but not all the time.

KatCheck out AOL Money Finance's list of the hottest products and top money wasters of 2007.

Guest guest

I was on Pred. for 3 years and never noticed hair loss, I noticed some

when I started the Methotrexate, and when my dosage was increased, but no not

for Pred.  my husband says it’s age not medication, because he is losing

his hair and just wants me to feel sorry for himJ  Marla

From: Neurosarcoidosis [mailto:Neurosarcoidosis ] On Behalf Of

Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2007

10:11 PM

To: Neurosarcoidosis

Subject: Hair

Loss

Hi All,

Has anyone experienced hair loss from

being on Prednisone? I have been on it steadily since March and I have

noticed losing more and more hair when I shower and every time I brush my

hair. In all of the info I have read about the side effects of Pred, I

have never read anything that suggests hair loss as one of the possible side

effects. I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed this with their

hair??? I am not on any other immunosuppressent, just Pred, vit D, Tums

w/calcium, fish oil capsules and MSM/Glucosamine.

Also, Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!

Hugs,

in UT

Guest guest

I was on Pred. for 3 years and never noticed hair loss, I noticed some

when I started the Methotrexate, and when my dosage was increased, but no not

for Pred.  my husband says it’s age not medication, because he is losing

his hair and just wants me to feel sorry for himJ  Marla

From: Neurosarcoidosis [mailto:Neurosarcoidosis ] On Behalf Of

Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2007

10:11 PM

To: Neurosarcoidosis

Subject: Hair

Loss

Hi All,

Has anyone experienced hair loss from

being on Prednisone? I have been on it steadily since March and I have

noticed losing more and more hair when I shower and every time I brush my

hair. In all of the info I have read about the side effects of Pred, I

have never read anything that suggests hair loss as one of the possible side

effects. I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed this with their

hair??? I am not on any other immunosuppressent, just Pred, vit D, Tums

w/calcium, fish oil capsules and MSM/Glucosamine.

Also, Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!

Hugs,

in UT