RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Questions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am doing fantastic Donna. Thanks for asking! With the exception of energy, I feel 100% myself! I am trying not to overdue it, but my body seems to keep me in the butt if I do and say "well that's about enough young lady - go rest" and it doesn't leave me very many other options - lol. Although I have been having some trouble sleeping - any suggestions?

Barbara

-----Original Message-----From: Donna Jordon Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2005 3:34 PMTo: gastric-bypass-support-kaiser-patients Subject: RE: Questions

It is easier since he is young. My guys young adults eat most SF only a few they don't like, they are both slim guys, and really watch what they eat this helps me too. We help each other, just wish someone could teach my husband. Even if it's SF he doesn't just have 1 or 2 he'll finish a box popsicles, the whole SF pudding if he's stressed, so it's hard to even have my things on hand, oh well less I get the better. Your doing okay Barbara? I will stop by one day my cold is gone and I have you a little something. LOL Donna"Hokoana, Barbara" wrote:

I am lucky in another way that my son is too young to really know the difference and he loves all the SF stuff I have made so far - jello, pudding, popsicles - so I only have to have one kind in the house - woohoo!

Barbara

-----Original Message-----From: Donna Jordon Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2005 2:44 PMTo: gastric-bypass-support-kaiser-patients Subject: Re: Questions

I made me a SF Pudding, and a regular Pudding for my boys they didn't like the SF. I thought I was getting a bite of the SF and I thought this is sweet, then a bad stomach ache and severe diarrhea for a while just with a bite. My body does NOT like sugar, I guess I am blessed. New foods I have to go slow too, I'm 8 months post op now. Donnada6bearz wrote: I'm just wondering if anyone has tried sodas or anything with sugar in it after having the surgery?Donna JordonDSJordon@... __________________________________________________

Guest guest

I was the same way, it's because we take cat naps off and on all day because of low energy, then at night we're not as tired out just energy low so we don't get that real deep sleep. It just takes more time and try to not nap to much even if it's just setting and reading, doing something. See how much you nap then cut it to less time each day, that will make each night get better and when you get a routine back down you will feel somewhat better. Low energy will run for a while, varies with each person. I really started feeling better at 5 months, then by 7 was anemic and vitamins not absorbing, but now at 8 months I feel great, lets see what labs say in Jan. I will be to see you, take care. Donna"Hokoana, Barbara" wrote: I am doing fantastic Donna. Thanks for asking! With the exception of energy, I feel 100% myself! I am trying not to overdue it, but my body seems to keep me in the butt if I do and say "well that's about enough young lady - go rest" and it doesn't leave me very many other options - lol. Although I have been having some trouble sleeping - any suggestions? Barbara -----Original Message-----From: Donna Jordon Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2005 3:34 PMTo: gastric-bypass-support-kaiser-patients Subject: RE:

Questions It is easier since he is young. My guys young adults eat most SF only a few they don't like, they are both slim guys, and really watch what they eat this helps me too. We help each other, just wish someone could teach my husband. Even if it's SF he doesn't just have 1 or 2 he'll finish a box popsicles, the whole SF pudding if he's stressed, so it's hard to even have my things on hand, oh well less I get the better. Your doing okay Barbara? I will stop by one day my cold is gone and I have you a little something. LOL Donna"Hokoana, Barbara" wrote: I am lucky in another way

that my son is too young to really know the difference and he loves all the SF stuff I have made so far - jello, pudding, popsicles - so I only have to have one kind in the house - woohoo! Barbara -----Original Message-----From: Donna Jordon Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2005 2:44 PMTo: gastric-bypass-support-kaiser-patients Subject: Re: Questions I made me a SF Pudding, and a regular Pudding for my boys they didn't like the SF. I thought I was getting a bite of the SF and I thought this is sweet, then a bad

stomach ache and severe diarrhea for a while just with a bite. My body does NOT like sugar, I guess I am blessed. New foods I have to go slow too, I'm 8 months post op now. Donnada6bearz wrote: I'm just wondering if anyone has tried sodas or anything with sugar in it after having the surgery?Donna JordonDSJordon@... __________________________________________________

Guest guest

I'm just (FINALLY!) able to check my email after several days away

from it (off work for the break and hubby needs the home computer for

work). So all my responses are going to be a bit late for a while.

I had to laugh at what you wrote, Kay, about the smell not even

appealing to you. Our office party was last Thursday, and while I'm

pre-op, pre-orientation even, and not really trying to lose anything

until orientation, I was in the middle of the worst cold I've had in

years last week. So there I was, at the party, but sitting off to

one side not eating ANYTHING except juice/seltzer mixes, and for once

in my life not even being tempted by the fudge, dips, and other

luscious nibblies around me. It was a very interesting sensation and

I've filed it away for future reference - yes, I CAN get through a

social occasion without even feeling like I want to eat. I just need

to hold on to my mindset of knowing that those things are going to do

REALLY BAD THINGS to my body if I put them in it.

Cathy C.

> > > >

> > > > I'm just wondering if anyone has tried sodas or anything with

> > sugar

> > > in

> > > > it after having the surgery?

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Cathy The mindset is it, you got it and remember it. When I baked all night for the senior citizens and neighbors, I was prepared with my SF popsicles and the mindset. My boys couldn't believe all the things I baked and wouldn't even taste. I know it gets harder as time passes, but if you don't give in at all it's easier. I'm 8 1/2 months post op and refuse to give in, I'm really working to use this tool. You have a Very Merry Christmas. DonnaCathy wrote: I'm just (FINALLY!) able to check my email after several days away from it (off work for the break and hubby needs the home computer for work). So all my responses are going to be a bit late for a while.I had to laugh at what you wrote, Kay, about the smell not even appealing to you. Our

office party was last Thursday, and while I'm pre-op, pre-orientation even, and not really trying to lose anything until orientation, I was in the middle of the worst cold I've had in years last week. So there I was, at the party, but sitting off to one side not eating ANYTHING except juice/seltzer mixes, and for once in my life not even being tempted by the fudge, dips, and other luscious nibblies around me. It was a very interesting sensation and I've filed it away for future reference - yes, I CAN get through a social occasion without even feeling like I want to eat. I just need to hold on to my mindset of knowing that those things are going to do REALLY BAD THINGS to my body if I put them in it. Cathy C.> > > >> > > > I'm just wondering if anyone has tried sodas or anything with > > sugar > > > in > > > > it after having the surgery?> > > >> > >> >> Donna

JordonDSJordon@...

Yahoo! Shopping Find Great Deals on Holiday Gifts at Yahoo! Shopping

Guest guest

I am loving hot and sour soup right now! With the fruit, find one packed in light syrup and rinse them off.

Best of luck!

Barbara

From: da6bearz Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 11:49 AMTo: gastric-bypass-support-kaiser-patients Subject: Questions

Good Afternoon all,I'm a month post op and I'm trying to find foods I can eat. If you have any suggestions I'd appreciate it. Also any suggestions on juice to drink I'm really not crazy on the crystal light. I drink the sugar free kool aid but I get a little tired of it. One more thing I know I could have canned fruit if it's packed in water but I can't find them any suggestions with that would be great.Thanks,

Guest guest

I am loving hot and sour soup right now! With the fruit, find one packed in light syrup and rinse them off.

Best of luck!

Barbara

From: da6bearz Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 11:49 AMTo: gastric-bypass-support-kaiser-patients Subject: Questions

Good Afternoon all,I'm a month post op and I'm trying to find foods I can eat. If you have any suggestions I'd appreciate it. Also any suggestions on juice to drink I'm really not crazy on the crystal light. I drink the sugar free kool aid but I get a little tired of it. One more thing I know I could have canned fruit if it's packed in water but I can't find them any suggestions with that would be great.Thanks,

Guest guest

My favorite soup is war won ton soup i dont drink all the broth but i like it or sometimes i order sizzling rice soup but tell them to hold the rice Colleen"Hokoana, Barbara" wrote: I am loving hot and sour soup right now! With the fruit, find one packed in light syrup and rinse them off. Best of luck! Barbara From: da6bearz Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 11:49 AMTo: gastric-bypass-support-kaiser-patients Subject: Questions Good Afternoon all,I'm a month post op and I'm trying to find foods I can eat. If you have any suggestions I'd appreciate it. Also any suggestions on juice to drink I'm really not crazy on the crystal light. I drink the sugar free kool aid but I get a little tired of it. One more thing I know I could have canned fruit if it's packed in water but I can't find them any suggestions with that would be great.Thanks,

Colleen

Guest guest

My favorite soup is war won ton soup i dont drink all the broth but i like it or sometimes i order sizzling rice soup but tell them to hold the rice Colleen"Hokoana, Barbara" wrote: I am loving hot and sour soup right now! With the fruit, find one packed in light syrup and rinse them off. Best of luck! Barbara From: da6bearz Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 11:49 AMTo: gastric-bypass-support-kaiser-patients Subject: Questions Good Afternoon all,I'm a month post op and I'm trying to find foods I can eat. If you have any suggestions I'd appreciate it. Also any suggestions on juice to drink I'm really not crazy on the crystal light. I drink the sugar free kool aid but I get a little tired of it. One more thing I know I could have canned fruit if it's packed in water but I can't find them any suggestions with that would be great.Thanks,

Colleen

Guest guest

Oh thank you so much Barbara. I have been craving pears.

>

> I am loving hot and sour soup right now! With the fruit, find one

packed

> in light syrup and rinse them off.

>

> Best of luck!

> Barbara

>

> ________________________________

>

> From: da6bearz [mailto:da6bearz@y...]

> Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 11:49 AM

> To: gastric-bypass-support-kaiser-patients

> Subject: Questions

>

>

> Good Afternoon all,

>

> I'm a month post op and I'm trying to find foods I can eat. If you

> have any suggestions I'd appreciate it. Also any suggestions on

juice

> to drink I'm really not crazy on the crystal light. I drink the

sugar

> free kool aid but I get a little tired of it. One more thing I

know I

> could have canned fruit if it's packed in water but I can't find

them

> any suggestions with that would be great.

>

> Thanks,

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Oh thank you so much Barbara. I have been craving pears.

>

> I am loving hot and sour soup right now! With the fruit, find one

packed

> in light syrup and rinse them off.

>

> Best of luck!

> Barbara

>

> ________________________________

>

> From: da6bearz [mailto:da6bearz@y...]

> Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 11:49 AM

> To: gastric-bypass-support-kaiser-patients

> Subject: Questions

>

>

> Good Afternoon all,

>

> I'm a month post op and I'm trying to find foods I can eat. If you

> have any suggestions I'd appreciate it. Also any suggestions on

juice

> to drink I'm really not crazy on the crystal light. I drink the

sugar

> free kool aid but I get a little tired of it. One more thing I

know I

> could have canned fruit if it's packed in water but I can't find

them

> any suggestions with that would be great.

>

> Thanks,

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

I love diet snapple without tea, I like snapple apple, cranberry raseberry, strawberri kiwi. Your canned fruit you can rinse off with water and throw away the juice, the nutristionist told me that. I don't do fruit yet at almost 9 months post op, my body takes a long time for all new foods, I'm a protein person and I can have a little salad, or green beans, fruit and veggies set off my IBS, so my food is limited but I'm doing good with that. You take care. Donnada6bearz wrote: Good Afternoon all,I'm a month post op and I'm trying to find foods I can eat. If you have any suggestions I'd appreciate it. Also any suggestions on juice to drink I'm really not crazy on the crystal light. I drink the sugar free kool aid but I get a little tired of

it. One more thing I know I could have canned fruit if it's packed in water but I can't find them any suggestions with that would be great.Thanks, Donna JordonDSJordon@...

Yahoo! DSL Something to write home about. Just $16.99/mo. or less

Guest guest

Question one: yes, they have some coming from Fremont

Question two. Richmond believes we can begin taking protein after

stage I. If you don't get 60 grams of Protein a day, it is no big

deal.

They feel that liquids just run right through you and leave you

hungry while real protein stays much longer in the stomach and is

more satisfying. But SSF people can take shakes or not. Many people

have trouble with food and take shakes instead.

Question three: I had trouble, too. They told me to exercise 5

minutes more and keep track of my food on fitday.com. This really

helped me tighten it up and I finally lost 7 pounds so I was safe

when the scales were different and I had clothes on. Hope you stick

with it. Don't get discouraged. Keep pressing on. It will

happen.Lilka ( 21/2 months out.)

>

> Hi All,

>

> Have any of you heard if they have hired any new surgeons at SSF

> Kaiser? I have my track 4 class next Friday, but I haven't seen a

> surgeon yet. I am getting anxious!

>

> Also, I noticed that some of you said that Richmond doesn't

encourage

> the protein shakes like SSF. Why is that?

>

> Last question--I am having trouble getting the last 5 pounds off.

Have

> any of you been scheduled for surgery before you lost your total

> amount?

>

> Thanks a lot!!! I appreciate any answers!

>

> Patti

>

Guest guest

Our neuro prescribed Aricept for my mother (with mito), but my dad

never gave it to her, so I can't say how well it worked. I know

nothing of Namenda.

I am happy to hear that has shown some improvement. I hope it continues.

I'm not planning on going to Atlanta. I will miss seeing you.

laurie

> Hello,

> Have any of you taken Aricept for the dementia that some people have

> with mito? has improved some since starting it. Her neurologist

> has now added Namenda, which is a new medicine for Alzheimer's. She

> has been more lucid the last two days but it is way too early to tell

> if it will be helpful. Do any of you know whether is is

> contraindicated for people with mito? It affects the neurotransmitter

> glutamate.

> Are any of you planning to go to the UMDF conference in Atlanta?

> 's neurologist was interested in two of the sessions and suggested

> it might be worthwhile for me to go. I am planning to go right not

> provided all holds together with .

> Thanks in advance for all the help you give.

> Shelby

>

>

> Medical advice, information, opinions, data and statements contained herein

> are not necessarily those of the list moderators. The author of this e mail

> is entirely responsible for its content. List members are reminded of their

> responsibility to evaluate the content of the postings and consult with

> their physicians regarding changes in their own treatment.

>

> Personal attacks are not permitted on the list and anyone who sends one is

> automatically moderated or removed depending on the severity of the attack.

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

I will miss seeing you as well. I really enjoyed talking with you and

in Pittsburgh. Shelby

>

>

> Our neuro prescribed Aricept for my mother (with mito), but my dad

> never gave it to her, so I can't say how well it worked. I know

> nothing of Namenda.

>

> I am happy to hear that has shown some improvement. I hope it

> continues.

>

> I'm not planning on going to Atlanta. I will miss seeing you.

>

> laurie

>

>

>> Hello,

>> Have any of you taken Aricept for the dementia that some

>> people have

>> with mito? has improved some since starting it. Her

>> neurologist

>> has now added Namenda, which is a new medicine for Alzheimer's. She

>> has been more lucid the last two days but it is way too early to

>> tell

>> if it will be helpful. Do any of you know whether is is

>> contraindicated for people with mito? It affects the

>> neurotransmitter

>> glutamate.

>> Are any of you planning to go to the UMDF conference in

>> Atlanta?

>> 's neurologist was interested in two of the sessions and

>> suggested

>> it might be worthwhile for me to go. I am planning to go right not

>> provided all holds together with .

>> Thanks in advance for all the help you give.

>> Shelby

>>

>>

>> Medical advice, information, opinions, data and statements contained

>> herein

>> are not necessarily those of the list moderators. The author of this

>> e mail

>> is entirely responsible for its content. List members are reminded of

>> their

>> responsibility to evaluate the content of the postings and consult

>> with

>> their physicians regarding changes in their own treatment.

>>

>> Personal attacks are not permitted on the list and anyone who sends

>> one is

>> automatically moderated or removed depending on the severity of the

>> attack.

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

Guest guest

Shelby,

We'll be at the conference with and her new service dog. Boot camp is

going well. We have one more week. Joanne Kocourek is also here and is doing

well with her dog, Skittles. Ka tie's dog is Rebel. He's alerting to her alarms

and is even predicting them. He's the biggest dog here tho. Have no idea about

the meds.

I just asked Joanne about the meds and she said that there were mixed reviews

about Aricept in mito. Said she'd not heard about Namenda with mito.

Mom to the two best kids in the world!

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/thomasandkatie

---------------------------------

Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. PC-to-Phone calls for ridiculously low rates.

Guest guest

william hawthorne whhawt@...> wrote: I will miss seeing you as well. I

really enjoyed talking with you and

in Pittsburgh. Shelby

Joanne Kocourek is speaking about the use of service dogs in mito at the

family conference. She and her kids will also be there.

Mom to the two best kids in the world!

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/thomasandkatie

---------------------------------

Love cheap thrills? Enjoy PC-to-Phone calls to 30+ countries for just 2¢/min

with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.

Guest guest

I have thought of trying Aricept, but have not. My dementia episodes

appear to be due to high blood ammonia - treating that minimizes the

number of dementia episodes I have greatly.

Take care,

RH

>

> Hello,

> Have any of you taken Aricept for the dementia that some

people have

> with mito? has improved some since starting it. Her

neurologist

> has now added Namenda, which is a new medicine for Alzheimer's.

She

> has been more lucid the last two days but it is way too early to

tell

> if it will be helpful. Do any of you know whether is is

> contraindicated for people with mito? It affects the

neurotransmitter

> glutamate.

> Are any of you planning to go to the UMDF conference in

Atlanta?

> 's neurologist was interested in two of the sessions and

suggested

> it might be worthwhile for me to go. I am planning to go right

not

> provided all holds together with .

> Thanks in advance for all the help you give.

> Shelby

>

Guest guest

Does anyone know if Boston Market Chicken is legal?And what is the final decision on Sweet N Low...I know a while back someone was asking about liquid vs. packets?RECENT ACTIVITY: New Members 10Visit Your Group Start a New TopicMARKETPLACEGoing Green: Your Yahoo! Groups resource for green livingParenting Zone: Your community resource for family and homeSwitch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use. =