RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Hello all

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks Pam I think I just needed someone else say go for it call. What can it hurt. They can just say we don't know or hey you in.......

flo boss wrote:

What a bummer to have gone through so much and notknow whether or not you are to ba approved. ly, Iwould be ticked, (and not just a little!), if, afterhaving gone through all the hoops, they denied therequest.The process in CA, or at least for me was that afteryour PCP writes a referral or request for Bariatricsurgery, the Obesity Committee reviews the request,and considering your BMI/co-morbidities, eitherapproves the surgery or denies. If approved, it isthen that you typically would start the process oflosing the 10%, and would begin to go to the meetings,although it certainly would not be a bad thing if youwere to begin the process of losing the 10% before theapproval, as it is my belief that the Committee takesthe weight that was written in your referral from thePCP as your beginning weight, (or at least

that waswhat I was told by an Obesity Committee member when Iworked with him at Kaiser Regional). And if you wantedto come to the meetings, go for it! It is required, however, that you see a nutritionistand get a Psych eval before the Committee will approveor deny, (or at least that was the process three yearsago when I began this journey). I don't blame you in the least for being anxious!! Iwould be too. And frankly, knowing my personality, Iwould want to hear directly from the staff of theObesity Committee as to when the verdict would be in;so yes, I would call. (But that's just me; I tend tobe a little impatient.)Good Luck and God bless.Pam--- da6bearz wrote:> Hello All,> > My name is Blair I've been just sitting quitly> on the side > lines checking out what everyone else is saying. > I'm not in a very

> good mood this evening and thought I'd vent a> little.> > Like I was saying my name is I live in> Hollywood, land. I > have four beautiful daughters and I'm trying to get> approved for the > gastric bypass surgery. I've already been through> all the classes, > lost my 10%, and I know my file went to the board of> doctors on the > 2nd of August. The nutritionist said I should know> something by the > 16th of August. I think it's driving me nuts> thinking they could > say no we don't want to give you the surgery. > > I feel like I want to call and find out if I was> approved. What do > you all think? Is there anyone who has been through> all of this > then they said no?? > > Thanks for listening,> > > > >

____________________________________________________Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Hi , how are you. I would say call. It would

not hurt anything. I personally don't know anyone

that did not get approved. I mean you meet all the

requirements...right?

Try not to worry and I know it was hard because I

remember when I went through. I was shocked because

three days after my paperwork was submitted, I had a

answer via email from my doctor. I was so scared to

open the email but it was completely not what I

thought. I thought since it was so quick that they

denied me. I was wrong. Go ahead, give them a call.

The worst that will happen is that they will not tell

you anything and life will continue to go on. We are

here with you and for you. Take care.

PS: Welcome to the group and if you ever need to

vent, feel free. That is why we are here.

Pam Marsh

--- da6bearz da6bearz@...> wrote:

> Hello All,

>

> My name is Blair I've been just sitting quitly

> on the side

> lines checking out what everyone else is saying.

> I'm not in a very

> good mood this evening and thought I'd vent a

> little.

>

> Like I was saying my name is I live in

> Hollywood, land. I

> have four beautiful daughters and I'm trying to get

> approved for the

> gastric bypass surgery. I've already been through

> all the classes,

> lost my 10%, and I know my file went to the board of

> doctors on the

> 2nd of August. The nutritionist said I should know

> something by the

> 16th of August. I think it's driving me nuts

> thinking they could

> say no we don't want to give you the surgery.

>

> I feel like I want to call and find out if I was

> approved. What do

> you all think? Is there anyone who has been through

> all of this

> then they said no??

>

> Thanks for listening,

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hey !

I don't know how your Kaiser works (They're all s little different.)

but if you were out here in California, you wouldn't have had the

pre-op classes or have been asked to loose 10% of your pre-op weight

unless you had already been approved for surgery. At this point,

you'd just be waiting for the big day. Wat are they deciding at

this point? Whether you're ready to schedule? If so, that's

fantastic! You could be on " The Other Side " very soon!

Uncle Timmy -240

> Hello All,

>

> My name is Blair I've been just sitting quitly on the side

> lines checking out what everyone else is saying. I'm not in a

very

> good mood this evening and thought I'd vent a little.

>

> Like I was saying my name is I live in Hollywood, land.

I

> have four beautiful daughters and I'm trying to get approved for

the

> gastric bypass surgery. I've already been through all the

classes,

> lost my 10%, and I know my file went to the board of doctors on

the

> 2nd of August. The nutritionist said I should know something by

the

> 16th of August. I think it's driving me nuts thinking they could

>

> I feel like I want to call and find out if I was approved. What

do

> you all think? Is there anyone who has been through all of this

> then they said no??

>

> Thanks for listening,

>

>

Guest guest

Hey !

I don't know how your Kaiser works (They're all s little different.)

but if you were out here in California, you wouldn't have had the

pre-op classes or have been asked to loose 10% of your pre-op weight

unless you had already been approved for surgery. At this point,

you'd just be waiting for the big day. Wat are they deciding at

this point? Whether you're ready to schedule? If so, that's

fantastic! You could be on " The Other Side " very soon!

Uncle Timmy -240

> Hello All,

>

> My name is Blair I've been just sitting quitly on the side

> lines checking out what everyone else is saying. I'm not in a

very

> good mood this evening and thought I'd vent a little.

>

> Like I was saying my name is I live in Hollywood, land.

I

> have four beautiful daughters and I'm trying to get approved for

the

> gastric bypass surgery. I've already been through all the

classes,

> lost my 10%, and I know my file went to the board of doctors on

the

> 2nd of August. The nutritionist said I should know something by

the

> 16th of August. I think it's driving me nuts thinking they could

>

> I feel like I want to call and find out if I was approved. What

do

> you all think? Is there anyone who has been through all of this

> then they said no??

>

> Thanks for listening,

>

>

Guest guest

Hey Timmy,

I hope you are right. I finally called today but they only took a message they really didn't have any answers for me. I'll let you all know something as soon as I do.

Uncle Timmy wrote:

Hey !I don't know how your Kaiser works (They're all s little different.) but if you were out here in California, you wouldn't have had the pre-op classes or have been asked to loose 10% of your pre-op weight unless you had already been approved for surgery. At this point, you'd just be waiting for the big day. Wat are they deciding at this point? Whether you're ready to schedule? If so, that's fantastic! You could be on "The Other Side" very soon! Uncle Timmy -240> Hello All,> > My name is Blair I've been just sitting quitly on the side > lines checking out what everyone else is saying. I'm not in a very > good mood this evening and thought I'd

vent a little.> > Like I was saying my name is I live in Hollywood, land. I > have four beautiful daughters and I'm trying to get approved for the > gastric bypass surgery. I've already been through all the classes, > lost my 10%, and I know my file went to the board of doctors on the > 2nd of August. The nutritionist said I should know something by the > 16th of August. I think it's driving me nuts thinking they could > say no we don't want to give you the surgery. > > I feel like I want to call and find out if I was approved. What do > you all think? Is there anyone who has been through all of this > then they said no?? > > Thanks for listening,> > __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Hey Timmy,

I hope you are right. I finally called today but they only took a message they really didn't have any answers for me. I'll let you all know something as soon as I do.

Uncle Timmy wrote:

Hey !I don't know how your Kaiser works (They're all s little different.) but if you were out here in California, you wouldn't have had the pre-op classes or have been asked to loose 10% of your pre-op weight unless you had already been approved for surgery. At this point, you'd just be waiting for the big day. Wat are they deciding at this point? Whether you're ready to schedule? If so, that's fantastic! You could be on "The Other Side" very soon! Uncle Timmy -240> Hello All,> > My name is Blair I've been just sitting quitly on the side > lines checking out what everyone else is saying. I'm not in a very > good mood this evening and thought I'd

vent a little.> > Like I was saying my name is I live in Hollywood, land. I > have four beautiful daughters and I'm trying to get approved for the > gastric bypass surgery. I've already been through all the classes, > lost my 10%, and I know my file went to the board of doctors on the > 2nd of August. The nutritionist said I should know something by the > 16th of August. I think it's driving me nuts thinking they could > say no we don't want to give you the surgery. > > I feel like I want to call and find out if I was approved. What do > you all think? Is there anyone who has been through all of this > then they said no?? > > Thanks for listening,> > __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Hey Timmy,

Uncle Timmy wrote:

Guest guest

Oh thank you so much Pam. I did call today but as I thought they really didn't have any answers for me. They just took a message for my primary doctor hopfully they will call me on Monday and it will be great news. I'll keep you all informed .

Again thanks a bunch,

Pamela A Marsh wrote:

Hi , how are you. I would say call. It wouldnot hurt anything. I personally don't know anyonethat did not get approved. I mean you meet all therequirements...right? Try not to worry and I know it was hard because Iremember when I went through. I was shocked becausethree days after my paperwork was submitted, I had aanswer via email from my doctor. I was so scared toopen the email but it was completely not what Ithought. I thought since it was so quick that theydenied me. I was wrong. Go ahead, give them a call. The worst that will happen is that they will not tellyou anything and life will continue to go on. We arehere with you and for you. Take care.PS: Welcome to the group and if you ever need tovent, feel free. That is why we are

here.Pam Marsh--- da6bearz wrote:> Hello All,> > My name is Blair I've been just sitting quitly> on the side > lines checking out what everyone else is saying. > I'm not in a very > good mood this evening and thought I'd vent a> little.> > Like I was saying my name is I live in> Hollywood, land. I > have four beautiful daughters and I'm trying to get> approved for the > gastric bypass surgery. I've already been through> all the classes, > lost my 10%, and I know my file went to the board of> doctors on the > 2nd of August. The nutritionist said I should know> something by the > 16th of August. I think it's driving me nuts> thinking they could > say no we don't want to give you the surgery. > > I feel like I want to call and

find out if I was> approved. What do > you all think? Is there anyone who has been through> all of this > then they said no?? > > Thanks for listening,> > > > > __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Oh thank you so much Pam. I did call today but as I thought they really didn't have any answers for me. They just took a message for my primary doctor hopfully they will call me on Monday and it will be great news. I'll keep you all informed .

Again thanks a bunch,

Pamela A Marsh wrote:

Hi , how are you. I would say call. It wouldnot hurt anything. I personally don't know anyonethat did not get approved. I mean you meet all therequirements...right? Try not to worry and I know it was hard because Iremember when I went through. I was shocked becausethree days after my paperwork was submitted, I had aanswer via email from my doctor. I was so scared toopen the email but it was completely not what Ithought. I thought since it was so quick that theydenied me. I was wrong. Go ahead, give them a call. The worst that will happen is that they will not tellyou anything and life will continue to go on. We arehere with you and for you. Take care.PS: Welcome to the group and if you ever need tovent, feel free. That is why we are

here.Pam Marsh--- da6bearz wrote:> Hello All,> > My name is Blair I've been just sitting quitly> on the side > lines checking out what everyone else is saying. > I'm not in a very > good mood this evening and thought I'd vent a> little.> > Like I was saying my name is I live in> Hollywood, land. I > have four beautiful daughters and I'm trying to get> approved for the > gastric bypass surgery. I've already been through> all the classes, > lost my 10%, and I know my file went to the board of> doctors on the > 2nd of August. The nutritionist said I should know> something by the > 16th of August. I think it's driving me nuts> thinking they could > say no we don't want to give you the surgery. > > I feel like I want to call and

find out if I was> approved. What do > you all think? Is there anyone who has been through> all of this > then they said no?? > > Thanks for listening,> > > > > __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Again thanks a bunch,

Pamela A Marsh wrote:

Guest guest

Hi just checkin in.

I have a terrible headcold virus thing going on right now, and I feel

like crap. I have been sick since last Sunday, and enough is enough.

I went to the dr yesterday and he told me this could hang on for

another 2 weeks. OMG..... i am gonna go crazy before that

time.... he did put me on Zpack, zyrtec, and nasonex for precautions.

I hurt, my head hurts, my thoart hurts, and I have not been out of

this house for a while. I am gonna go stir crazy.....

I have MIRC turned on right now. It is 9:00 PM central standard

time. I will be in that room for about one hour if you wanna come and

chat. I am on yahoo IM also just add me and i can help ya das97.

Thanks for listening..

arggggggggggghhhhhhhh

from Iowa

the sicky

Guest guest

Shoot, I keep forgetting about the chat room!

Ramblin' Rose

Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To: Neurosarcoidosis Subject: Hello allDate: Sat, 20 May 2006 01:57:00 -0000Hi just checkin in.I have a terrible headcold virus thing going on right now, and I feellike crap. I have been sick since last Sunday, and enough is enough.I went to the dr yesterday and he told me this could hang on foranother 2 weeks. OMG..... i am gonna go crazy before thattime.... he did put me on Zpack, zyrtec, and nasonex for precautions.I hurt, my head hurts, my thoart hurts, and I have not been out ofthis house for a while. I am gonna go stir crazy.....I have MIRC turned on right now. It is 9:00 PM central standardtime. I will be in that room for about one hour if you wanna come andchat. I am on yahoo IM also just add me and i can help ya das97.Thanks for listening..arggggggggggghhhhhhhh from Iowathe sicky~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~The Neurosarcoidosis CommunityNS CHAT:- Has been cancelled for now.Message Archives:-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messagesMembers Database:-Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database

Guest guest

Shoot, I keep forgetting about the chat room!

Ramblin' Rose

Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To: Neurosarcoidosis Subject: Hello allDate: Sat, 20 May 2006 01:57:00 -0000Hi just checkin in.I have a terrible headcold virus thing going on right now, and I feellike crap. I have been sick since last Sunday, and enough is enough.I went to the dr yesterday and he told me this could hang on foranother 2 weeks. OMG..... i am gonna go crazy before thattime.... he did put me on Zpack, zyrtec, and nasonex for precautions.I hurt, my head hurts, my thoart hurts, and I have not been out ofthis house for a while. I am gonna go stir crazy.....I have MIRC turned on right now. It is 9:00 PM central standardtime. I will be in that room for about one hour if you wanna come andchat. I am on yahoo IM also just add me and i can help ya das97.Thanks for listening..arggggggggggghhhhhhhh from Iowathe sicky~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~The Neurosarcoidosis CommunityNS CHAT:- Has been cancelled for now.Message Archives:-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messagesMembers Database:-Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database

Guest guest

I can't do the chat room right now because of my niece, but if someone

can tell me in simple language how to get on, I would appreciate it.

That way, I will join when I can.

Terri G.

Guest guest

Terri G.

Guest guest

Terri G.