RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Doctors in Michigan

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Everyone,

I'm moving back to Michigan from New York (where I found no help for my pain) and I'm wondering if anyone has discovered a new doctor there. I used to see Dr. Sobel, who is very nice, but he really didn't have a solution for me and my condition has gotten much worse over the four years I've been in NY. I know Hope Haefner at U of M is supposed to be very good, but takes a very long time to get an appointment with. Is there anyone else?

Thanks so much.

J. **************************************See AOL's top rated recipes (http://food.aol.com/top-rated-recipes?NCID=aoltop00030000000004)

Guest guest

Dr. Sobel is the best dr. I've seen with all of my issues. It took me 6 months to see him. Although he didn't really help me, he seems closest to understanding what my issues are. It does take forever to get into Hope Haeffner. Her colleague, who works in research is Dr. Reid. She claims to be the number one researcher in Vulvar issues in the world. I've seen her. She didn't really help me, though. She prescribed desipramine and sent me on my way. She may be able to help you. I don't have typical issues. If you call Dr. Haeffner's office, she'll refer you. Dr. Reid's just outside of Ann Arbor in Chelsea, MI. Good luck! Welcome back to the Motor D!JSyun4505@... wrote: Hi Everyone, I'm moving back to Michigan from New York (where I found no help for my pain) and I'm wondering if anyone has discovered a new doctor there. I used to see Dr. Sobel, who is very nice, but he really didn't have a solution for me and my condition has gotten much worse over the four years I've been in NY. I know Hope Haefner at U of M is supposed to be very good, but takes a very long time to get an appointment with. Is there anyone else? Thanks so much. J. **************************************See AOL's top rated recipes (http://food.aol.com/top-rated-recipes?NCID=aoltop00030000000004)

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Guest guest

Have you tried natural anti-inflammatories? Things

like quercetin, turmeric, rosemary, etc. etc.?

Hollis

" A doctor here did genetic testing and found that I have 2 gene polymorphisms -

one that can't fight inflammation and the other that can't fight infection

(fortunately we have other things that do that!). The only option he had were

shots that cost $1700 a month and were not covered by insurance. Or Celebrex -

which I'm allergic to. So I have to do something to kill the source of the

inflammation, since my body can't fight it. "