RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Toys R Us Returns

Rate this topic

Guest guest

This is my response to this email I got from another listwendy pandolfo wrote: Thanks for the heads up!! Everyone should write to Toys R Us to express displeasure at the policy. Here is the contact url: www.1.toysrus.com/guest/contus.cfm Here is what I wrote: I just word through one of my Yahoo group email list that you are requiring an orginal receipt for all returns and exchanges. While I can certainly understand not giving money back without a receipt, I cannot imagine why you will not exchange an item or give store credit without a receipt. This is a very customer unfriendly policy, and especially child unfriendly. Imagine

telling a kid that he can't exchange a particular Bionicle that he already has for some other toy because it was a gift and he doesn't have a receipt!! I will pass on the email notification that I received to all of the other nationwide groups I belong to and warn them about your policy. I think it's safer to buy at Target or WalMart.Tom & Michele wrote: Toys R Us has a new policy on returns. They will no longer accept returns without a receipt for any reason. Not for an exchange, not for a refund, nor a store credit. Even if the box is a Toys R Us exclusive, they will not accept it for a return. There are absolutely no exceptions to this rule. I found out about this from a friend on an e-list. I confirmed it by calling their national customer service line. After confirming, I sent them an email and I have personally chosen to make my purchases at places a bit more service friendly. Here is an excerpt from the original email I receive. Please feel free to pass on this message so that people can make an informed purchase before they drive to a store that may be out of their way. <<<You might remember that several years ago Target had this same policy, which they have now--thankfully, abandoned. When I asked customer service about their marketing research, and asked why if this had failed with Target they had adopted it, the man told me that the new CEO--or whatever the big guy at TRU is called, used to work at Target before he came to TRU. So, apparently this person is

married to this concept--an anti customer service policy.There is nothing to do at this point except to complain to the store, and with Christmas coming up, encourage people not to shop at Toys R Us if at all avoidable. You never know if the gift is right, so it is just easier to buy at Walmart or Target where at least it can be returned if it isn't what the child wants. PLEASE pass this email along to anybody you think can pass it along to others!>>> __________________________________________________

Guest guest

hmm.. I was wondering what celiac disease had to do w/ toys! play-doh, anyone?wendy pandolfo wrote: This is my response to this email I got from another listwendy pandolfo <pandolfo (AT) rocketmail (DOT) com> wrote: Thanks for the heads up!! Everyone should write to Toys R Us to express displeasure at the policy. Here is the contact url: www.1.toysrus.com/guest/contus.cfm Here is what I wrote: I just word through one of my Yahoo group email list that you are requiring an orginal receipt for all returns and exchanges. While I can certainly understand not giving money back without a receipt, I cannot imagine why you will not exchange an item or give store credit without a receipt. This is a very customer unfriendly policy, and especially child unfriendly. Imagine telling a kid that he can't exchange a particular Bionicle that he already has for some other toy because it was a gift and he doesn't have a receipt!! I will pass on the email notification that I received to all of the other nationwide groups I belong to and warn them about your policy. I think it's safer to buy at Target or WalMart.Tom & Michele

<itsabeautifulawn (AT) bellsouth (DOT) net> wrote: Toys R Us has a new policy on returns. They will no longer accept returns without a receipt for any reason. Not for an exchange, not for a refund, nor a store credit. Even if the box is a Toys R Us exclusive, they will not accept it for a return. There are absolutely no exceptions to this rule. I found out about this from a friend on an e-list. I confirmed it

by calling their national customer service line. After confirming, I sent them an email and I have personally chosen to make my purchases at places a bit more service friendly. Here is an excerpt from the original email I receive. Please feel free to pass on this message so that people can make an informed purchase before they drive to a store that may be out of their way. <<<You might remember that several years ago Target

had this same policy, which they have now--thankfully, abandoned. When I asked customer service about their marketing research, and asked why if this had failed with Target they had adopted it, the man told me that the new CEO--or whatever the big guy at TRU is called, used to work at Target before he came to TRU. So, apparently this person is married to this concept--an anti customer service policy.There is nothing to do at this point except to complain to the store, and with Christmas coming up, encourage people not to shop at Toys R Us if at all avoidable. You never know if the gift is right, so it is just easier to buy at Walmart or Target where at least it can be returned if it isn't what the child wants. PLEASE pass this email along to anybody you think can pass it along to others!>>> __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Not true. Carefully read their posted policy:

http://www5.toysrus.com/guest/storPoliGuarantees.cfm

Toys R Us Returns

This is my response to this email I got from another listwendy pandolfo <pandolfo (AT) rocketmail (DOT) com> wrote:

Thanks for the heads up!! Everyone should write to Toys R Us to express displeasure at the policy. Here is the contact url:

www.1.toysrus.com/guest/contus.cfm

Here is what I wrote:

I just word through one of my Yahoo group email list that you are requiring an orginal receipt for all returns and exchanges. While I can certainly understand not giving money back without a receipt, I cannot imagine why you will not exchange an item or give store credit without a receipt. This is a very customer unfriendly policy, and especially child unfriendly. Imagine telling a kid that he can't exchange a particular Bionicle that he already has for some other toy because it was a gift and he doesn't have a receipt!!

I will pass on the email notification that I received to all of the other nationwide groups I belong to and warn them about your policy. I think it's safer to buy at Target or WalMart.Tom & Michele <itsabeautifulawn (AT) bellsouth (DOT) net> wrote:

Toys R Us has a new policy on returns. They will no longer accept returns without a receipt for any reason. Not for an exchange, not for a refund, nor a store credit. Even if the box is a Toys R Us exclusive, they will not accept it for a return. There are absolutely no exceptions to this rule.

I found out about this from a friend on an e-list. I confirmed it by calling their national customer service line. After confirming, I sent them an email and I have personally chosen to make my purchases at places a bit more service friendly.

Here is an excerpt from the original email I receive. Please feel free to pass on this message so that people can make an informed purchase before they drive to a store that may be out of their way.

<<<You might remember that several years ago Target had this same policy, which they have now--thankfully, abandoned. When I asked customer service about their marketing research, and asked why if this had failed with Target they had adopted it, the man told me that the new CEO--or whatever the big guy at TRU is called, used to work at Target before he came to TRU. So, apparently this person is married to this concept--an anti customer service policy.There is nothing to do at this point except to complain to the store, and with Christmas coming up, encourage people not to shop at Toys R Us if at all avoidable. You never know if the gift is right, so it is just easier to buy at Walmart or Target where at least it can be returned if it isn't what the child wants. PLEASE pass this email along to anybody you think can pass it along to others!>>>

Guest guest

You would be surprised how many toys have gluten products in the

box. For his birthday, my son received Cadoo, which has " clay " in

it. When I called the company (Cranium) to ask what the clay

contained, they said it did contain wheat, and promptly sent my son

a new game that didn't!

I highly reccomend Bumparena if you're looking for a good kid's game

and celiac responsible manufacturer!

Maureen

> Toys R Us has a new policy on returns. They will no

longer accept returns without a receipt for any reason. Not for an

exchange, not for a refund, nor a store credit. Even if the box is

a Toys R Us exclusive, they will not accept it for a return. There

are absolutely no exceptions to this rule.

>

> I found out about this from a friend on an e-list. I confirmed

it by calling their national customer service line. After

confirming, I sent them an email and I have personally chosen to

make my purchases at places a bit more service friendly.

>

> Here is an excerpt from the original email I receive. Please

feel free to pass on this message so that people can make an

informed purchase before they drive to a store that may be out of

their way.

>

> <<

they have now--thankfully, abandoned. When I asked customer

service about

> their marketing research, and asked why if this had failed with

Target they had

> adopted it, the man told me that the new CEO--or whatever the big

guy at TRU

> is called, used to work at Target before he came to TRU. So,

apparently this

> person is married to this concept--an anti customer service

policy.

>

> There is nothing to do at this point except to complain to the

store, and

> with Christmas coming up, encourage people not to shop at Toys R

Us if at all

> avoidable. You never know if the gift is right, so it is just

easier to buy at

> Walmart or Target where at least it can be returned if it isn't

what the

> child wants. PLEASE pass this email along to anybody you think can

pass it along

> to others!>>>

>

>

>

>

>

> __________________________________________________

>

Guest guest

You would be surprised how many toys have gluten products in the

box. For his birthday, my son received Cadoo, which has " clay " in

it. When I called the company (Cranium) to ask what the clay

contained, they said it did contain wheat, and promptly sent my son

a new game that didn't!

I highly reccomend Bumparena if you're looking for a good kid's game

and celiac responsible manufacturer!

Maureen

> Toys R Us has a new policy on returns. They will no

longer accept returns without a receipt for any reason. Not for an

exchange, not for a refund, nor a store credit. Even if the box is

a Toys R Us exclusive, they will not accept it for a return. There

are absolutely no exceptions to this rule.

>

> I found out about this from a friend on an e-list. I confirmed

it by calling their national customer service line. After

confirming, I sent them an email and I have personally chosen to

make my purchases at places a bit more service friendly.

>

> Here is an excerpt from the original email I receive. Please

feel free to pass on this message so that people can make an

informed purchase before they drive to a store that may be out of

their way.

>

> <<

they have now--thankfully, abandoned. When I asked customer

service about

> their marketing research, and asked why if this had failed with

Target they had

> adopted it, the man told me that the new CEO--or whatever the big

guy at TRU

> is called, used to work at Target before he came to TRU. So,

apparently this

> person is married to this concept--an anti customer service

policy.

>

> There is nothing to do at this point except to complain to the

store, and

> with Christmas coming up, encourage people not to shop at Toys R

Us if at all

> avoidable. You never know if the gift is right, so it is just

easier to buy at

> Walmart or Target where at least it can be returned if it isn't

what the

> child wants. PLEASE pass this email along to anybody you think can

pass it along

> to others!>>>

>

>

>

>

>

> __________________________________________________

>

Guest guest

Uh....Many of us have little Yaks. Many of us buy toys, don't we? Jen Schalliol wrote: hmm.. I was wondering what celiac disease had to do w/ toys! play-doh, anyone?wendy pandolfo wrote: This is my response to this email I got from another listwendy pandolfo <pandolfo (AT) rocketmail (DOT) com> wrote: Thanks for the heads up!! Everyone should write to Toys R Us to express displeasure at the policy. Here is the contact url: www.1.toysrus.com/guest/contus.cfm Here is what I wrote: I just word through one of my Yahoo group email list that you are requiring an orginal receipt for all returns and exchanges. While I can certainly understand not giving money back without a receipt, I cannot imagine why you will not exchange an item or give store credit without a receipt. This is a very customer unfriendly policy, and especially child unfriendly. Imagine telling a kid that he can't exchange a particular Bionicle that he already has for some other toy because it was a gift and he doesn't have a receipt!! I will pass on the email notification that I received to all of the other nationwide groups I belong to and warn them about your policy. I think it's safer to buy at Target or WalMart.Tom & Michele

<itsabeautifulawn (AT) bellsouth (DOT) net> wrote: Toys R Us has a new policy on returns. They will no longer accept returns without a receipt for any reason. Not for an exchange, not for a refund, nor a store credit. Even if the box is a Toys R Us exclusive, they will not accept it for a return. There are absolutely no exceptions to this rule. I found out about this from a friend on an e-list. I confirmed it by calling their national

customer service line. After confirming, I sent them an email and I have personally chosen to make my purchases at places a bit more service friendly. Here is an excerpt from the original email I receive. Please feel free to pass on this message so that people can make an informed purchase before they drive to a store that may be out of their way. <<<You might remember that several years ago Target had this same policy, which they have

now--thankfully, abandoned. When I asked customer service about their marketing research, and asked why if this had failed with Target they had adopted it, the man told me that the new CEO--or whatever the big guy at TRU is called, used to work at Target before he came to TRU. So, apparently this person is married to this concept--an anti customer service policy.There is nothing to do at this point except to complain to the store, and with Christmas coming up, encourage people not to shop at Toys R Us if at all avoidable. You never know if the gift is right, so it is just easier to buy at Walmart or Target where at least it can be returned if it isn't what the child wants. PLEASE pass this email along to anybody you think can pass it along to others!>>> __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Uh....Many of us have little Yaks. Many of us buy toys, don't we? Jen Schalliol wrote: hmm.. I was wondering what celiac disease had to do w/ toys! play-doh, anyone?wendy pandolfo wrote: This is my response to this email I got from another listwendy pandolfo <pandolfo (AT) rocketmail (DOT) com> wrote: Thanks for the heads up!! Everyone should write to Toys R Us to express displeasure at the policy. Here is the contact url: www.1.toysrus.com/guest/contus.cfm Here is what I wrote: I just word through one of my Yahoo group email list that you are requiring an orginal receipt for all returns and exchanges. While I can certainly understand not giving money back without a receipt, I cannot imagine why you will not exchange an item or give store credit without a receipt. This is a very customer unfriendly policy, and especially child unfriendly. Imagine telling a kid that he can't exchange a particular Bionicle that he already has for some other toy because it was a gift and he doesn't have a receipt!! I will pass on the email notification that I received to all of the other nationwide groups I belong to and warn them about your policy. I think it's safer to buy at Target or WalMart.Tom & Michele

<itsabeautifulawn (AT) bellsouth (DOT) net> wrote: Toys R Us has a new policy on returns. They will no longer accept returns without a receipt for any reason. Not for an exchange, not for a refund, nor a store credit. Even if the box is a Toys R Us exclusive, they will not accept it for a return. There are absolutely no exceptions to this rule. I found out about this from a friend on an e-list. I confirmed it by calling their national

customer service line. After confirming, I sent them an email and I have personally chosen to make my purchases at places a bit more service friendly. Here is an excerpt from the original email I receive. Please feel free to pass on this message so that people can make an informed purchase before they drive to a store that may be out of their way. <<<You might remember that several years ago Target had this same policy, which they have

now--thankfully, abandoned. When I asked customer service about their marketing research, and asked why if this had failed with Target they had adopted it, the man told me that the new CEO--or whatever the big guy at TRU is called, used to work at Target before he came to TRU. So, apparently this person is married to this concept--an anti customer service policy.There is nothing to do at this point except to complain to the store, and with Christmas coming up, encourage people not to shop at Toys R Us if at all avoidable. You never know if the gift is right, so it is just easier to buy at Walmart or Target where at least it can be returned if it isn't what the child wants. PLEASE pass this email along to anybody you think can pass it along to others!>>> __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Guest guest

>> Not true. Carefully read their posted policy:> > http://www5.toysrus.com/guest/storPoliGuarantees.cfm

Okay, I read the policy. It says:

THE TOYS"R"US RETURN POLICY For purchases made in any Toys"R"Us store in the U.S.:1. Bring your dated purchase receipt. Receipts will help us process your return quickly and fairly. For your convenience, we also offer gift receipts for any item purchased, at any time. We will not accept returns or exchanges without an original receipt.

So what is "Not true" about the other posts?

Maureen

Guest guest

The site is a bit confusing....but I hope this summary clarifies it...it appears that you do not need a receipt (although there is a reservation of rights clause indicating that they reserve the right to refuse a refund without a receipt---typical legaleese....)

Specifically, the site states: "We will gladly accept returns within 90 days of the purchase date on most items sold at any Toys"R"Us store in the United States and Puerto Rico, with the exception of video games/accessories/systems, computer software, VHS, DVD, music electronics, radio control cars, trading cards, collectibles and consumer electronics...."

Further down, there are two categories of instructions...what to do if you have a dated receipt and what to do if there is no dated receipt:

"FOR RETURNS WITHOUT A RECEIPT:

A driver's license or other valid form of identification is required. Valid forms of identification accepted at Babies"R"Us include:

State ID Military ID Passport Resident Alien ID

The refund will be given as a merchandise credit only. The refund will be given for the lowest promotional price within the last 30 days. We reserve the right to refuse a refund without a receipt. For residents in Connecticut, Massachusetts and Rhode Island ONLY:

RETURNS WILL NOT BE CREDITED OR REFUNDED FOR CT, MA OR RI SALES TAX"

Re: Toys R Us Returns

>> Not true. Carefully read their posted policy:> > http://www5.toysrus.com/guest/storPoliGuarantees.cfm

THE TOYS"R"US RETURN POLICY For purchases made in any Toys"R"Us store in the U.S.:1. Bring your dated purchase receipt. Receipts will help us process your return quickly and fairly. For your convenience, we also offer gift receipts for any item purchased, at any time. We will not accept returns or exchanges without an original receipt.

Maureen

Guest guest

My bad - there's a section for returns w/o a receipt, but it applies only to "Babies R Us".

Maureen

Guest guest

The no receipt policy you list is BABIES R Us policy, not TOYS R Us.

The policies are on the same page, but if you read the sub headings,

you'll see they are for different stores. The toy store policy is

quite clearly no receipt, no return.

Maureen

> >

> > Not true. Carefully read their posted policy:

> >

> > http://www5.toysrus.com/guest/storPoliGuarantees.cfm

>

>

> Okay, I read the policy. It says:

>

> THE TOYS " R " US RETURN POLICY

>

> For purchases made in any Toys " R " Us store in the U.S.:

>

> 1. Bring your dated purchase receipt. Receipts will help us

process your return quickly and fairly. For your convenience, we

also offer gift receipts for any item purchased, at any time. We

will not accept returns or exchanges without an original receipt.

>

> So what is " Not true " about the other posts?

>

> Maureen

>

Guest guest

The no receipt policy you list is BABIES R Us policy, not TOYS R Us.

The policies are on the same page, but if you read the sub headings,

you'll see they are for different stores. The toy store policy is

quite clearly no receipt, no return.

Maureen

> >

> > Not true. Carefully read their posted policy:

> >

> > http://www5.toysrus.com/guest/storPoliGuarantees.cfm

>

>

> Okay, I read the policy. It says:

>

> THE TOYS " R " US RETURN POLICY

>

> For purchases made in any Toys " R " Us store in the U.S.:

>

> 1. Bring your dated purchase receipt. Receipts will help us

process your return quickly and fairly. For your convenience, we

also offer gift receipts for any item purchased, at any time. We

will not accept returns or exchanges without an original receipt.

>

> So what is " Not true " about the other posts?

>

> Maureen

>

Guest guest

Maureen, you are correct....thanks for the clarification.

The no receipt policy you list is BABIES R Us policy, not TOYS R Us. The policies are on the same page, but if you read the sub headings, you'll see they are for different stores. The toy store policy is quite clearly no receipt, no return.Maureen> >> > Not true. Carefully read their posted policy:> > > > http://www5.toysrus.com/guest/storPoliGuarantees.cfm> > > Okay, I read the policy. It says:> > THE TOYS"R"US RETURN POLICY > > For purchases made in any Toys"R"Us store in the U.S.:> > 1. Bring your dated purchase receipt. Receipts will help us process your return quickly and fairly. For your convenience, we also offer gift receipts for any item purchased, at any time. We will not accept returns or exchanges without an original receipt. > > So what is "Not true" about the other posts?> > Maureen>

Guest guest

The no receipt policy you list is BABIES R Us policy, not TOYS R Us. The policies are on the same page, but if you read the sub headings, you'll see they are for different stores. The toy store policy is quite clearly no receipt, no return.Maureen> >> > Not true. Carefully read their posted policy:> > > > http://www5.toysrus.com/guest/storPoliGuarantees.cfm> > > Okay, I read the policy. It says:> > THE TOYS"R"US RETURN POLICY > > For purchases made in any Toys"R"Us store in the U.S.:> > 1. Bring your dated purchase receipt. Receipts will help us process your return quickly and fairly. For your convenience, we also offer gift receipts for any item purchased, at any time. We will not accept returns or exchanges without an original receipt. > > So what is "Not true" about the other posts?> > Maureen>

Guest guest

Guest guest

does toy r us not have gift receipts? I understand the frustration if you get a

gift without a gift receipt but when I am on the buying end of it, I always ask

for a gift receipt. There were times in the past that I couldn't always return

something that my child got as a gift, and we would donate it to charity and buy

her something else. There was a couple of times when my children were just

happy to know that a child that didn't have any toys was going to get a new one.

Lord knows my children don't need any more! LOL.

Zanna

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Art_on_A_Budget/

My daily rantings!

www.zannasstory.blogspot.com

My picture trail:

www.picturetrail.com/xanadoodles

Guest guest

does toy r us not have gift receipts? I understand the frustration if you get a

gift without a gift receipt but when I am on the buying end of it, I always ask

for a gift receipt. There were times in the past that I couldn't always return

something that my child got as a gift, and we would donate it to charity and buy

her something else. There was a couple of times when my children were just

happy to know that a child that didn't have any toys was going to get a new one.

Lord knows my children don't need any more! LOL.

Zanna

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Art_on_A_Budget/

My daily rantings!

www.zannasstory.blogspot.com

My picture trail:

www.picturetrail.com/xanadoodles

Guest guest

Sorry, you are quoting the information for the Babies R Us Stores, which is below the info for Toys R Us. Toys R Us clearly states in bold print that there are no returns or exchanges without a receipt. I got a response to my email I sent to them. They just said that they are sorry I am unsatisfied with their policy. Maybe if they heard for enough customers they would change it. Kitzis wrote: The site is a bit confusing....but I hope this summary clarifies it...it appears that you do not need a receipt (although there is a reservation of rights clause indicating that they reserve the right to refuse a refund without a receipt---typical legaleese....) Specifically, the

site states: "We will gladly accept returns within 90 days of the purchase date on most items sold at any Toys"R"Us store in the United States and Puerto Rico, with the exception of video games/accessories/systems, computer software, VHS, DVD, music electronics, radio control cars, trading cards, collectibles and consumer electronics...." Further down, there are two categories of instructions...what to do if you have a dated receipt and what to do if there is no dated receipt: "FOR RETURNS WITHOUT A RECEIPT: A driver's license or other valid form of identification is required. Valid forms of identification accepted at Babies"R"Us include: State ID Military ID Passport Resident Alien ID The refund will be given as a merchandise credit only. The refund will be given for the lowest promotional price within the last 30

days. We reserve the right to refuse a refund without a receipt. For residents in Connecticut, Massachusetts and Rhode Island ONLY: RETURNS WILL NOT BE CREDITED OR REFUNDED FOR CT, MA OR RI SALES TAX" Re: Toys R

Us Returns >> Not true. Carefully read their posted policy:> > http://www5.toysrus.com/guest/storPoliGuarantees.cfm Okay, I read the policy. It says: THE TOYS"R"US RETURN POLICY For purchases made in any Toys"R"Us store in the U.S.:1. Bring your dated purchase receipt. Receipts will help us process your return quickly and fairly. For your convenience, we also offer gift receipts for any item purchased, at any time. We will not accept returns or exchanges without an original receipt.

So what is "Not true" about the other posts? Maureen __________________________________________________