RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: si joint exercises

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Where did your pain decrease the most? Did u have any pain when first starting the exercises ( from the exercises)?New year...new news. Be the first to know what is making headlines.

Guest guest

Carolyn,My pt has given me several exercieses to do.  The one that I do that is similar to what you are speaking about is for Trunk Stability.  It is a bridge  You do a abdominal brace first, then  with a pillow or soft ball  between your legs you squeeze the pillow or ball and then aqueeze your butt cheeks together and lift.  It is extremely hard for me to do, (sometimes it feels like my hamstrings are gonna start cramping) and hold it for 3-5 seconds and do 5-10 times per set.  The more advanced one that I just moved up to is doing this same thing but with a straight leg raise.  Sounds like you are doing about the same thing as I am.  I have been doing pt for a month or so and I have seen a huge improvement in my pain level and my overall

flexability.  I feel 10 times better.  Even though I hate doing the exerises I have been given I do them consistently and it is making a huge difference.  Good Luck,.and Happy New Year!! To: happypelvis ; VulvarDisorders Sent: Thursday, January 1, 2009 8:58:11 AMSubject: si joint exercises

Hey Happy New Year!

I had a question about the exercises my pt gave me for my apparently unstable si joints.

She has me lying down, kinda squeezing butt cheeks together, its kinda hard to do this without doing somewhat a kegel- so Im worried about this

Also, the exercise which you place pillow between ur legs and squeeze, kinda the same thing- with the kegel- has anyone had these exercises before?

ty

CNew year...new news. Be the first to know what is making headlines.

Guest guest

Carolyn,

I am always sore the day after. I see my pt on TUesdays and Thursdays. MY pain has dissapated really everywhere. My lower back especially really bothered me. but as I mentioned, I really don't have any pain. Pt has been so helpful to me.. The pelvic pan area that also bothered me would have been were my ovaries were. They have since been removed but I would have deep pain like a cramping.

To: VulvarDisorders Sent: Thursday, January 1, 2009 9:36:15 AMSubject: Re: si joint exercises

Where did your pain decrease the most? Did u have any pain when first starting the exercises ( from the exercises)?

New year...new news. Be the first to know what is making headlines.

Guest guest

Your welcome!! Hope the pt helps you.

To: VulvarDisorders Sent: Thursday, January 1, 2009 11:03:55 AMSubject: Re: si joint exercises

thanks !

Carol

Guest guest

The biggest reason you are having pain after the PT sessions is because of the toxins that are being pushed out of your body during the sessions, especially if they are doing soft tissue work as well. This is also what happens whenever I get a massage done and the first time I had a massage done by the massage therapist that works for my doctor I forgot to drink a lot of water and I was very sore afterward. I also had a situation where when I went to the doctor later down the road and some of the bilirbuin came up in my urine. Then I remembered what happened as far as the toxins coming up. So I knew then after that to make sure I drank a lot of water.

After my sessions with my PT (and I am doing this for my foot) I make sure that I drink a lot of water when I come home. Also, when she adds a new task for me to work on I tend to be pretty tired when I come home so I try to make sure to take a nap.

But drinking a lot of water after your sessions should help with easing some of that pain that you notice afterward the sessions.

Kristy :)

Subject: Re: si joint exercisesTo: VulvarDisorders Date: Thursday, January 1, 2009, 11:46 AM

Carolyn,

I am always sore the day after. I see my pt on TUesdays and Thursdays. MY pain has dissapated really everywhere. My lower back especially really bothered me. but as I mentioned, I really don't have any pain. Pt has been so helpful to me.. The pelvic pan area that also bothered me would have been were my ovaries were. They have since been removed but I would have deep pain like a cramping.

From: "Carolyn52192@ aol.com" <Carolyn52192@ aol.com>To: VulvarDisorders@ yahoogroups. comSent: Thursday, January 1, 2009 9:36:15 AMSubject: Re: si joint exercises

Where did your pain decrease the most? Did u have any pain when first starting the exercises ( from the exercises)?

Guest guest

Thanks for the suggestion.  My pt always tells me to take it easy after sessions.  Sometimes I take a nap or I just rest.  To: VulvarDisorders Sent: Thursday, January 1, 2009 5:07:01 PMSubject: Re: si joint exercises

The biggest reason you are having pain after the PT sessions is because of the toxins that are being pushed out of your body during the sessions, especially if they are doing soft tissue work as well.  This is also what happens whenever I get a massage done and the first time I had a massage done by the massage therapist that works for my doctor I forgot to drink a lot of water and I was very sore afterward.  I also had a situation where when I went to the doctor later down the road and some of the bilirbuin came up in my urine.  Then I remembered what happened as far as the toxins coming up.  So I knew then after that to make sure I drank a lot of water.

After my sessions with my PT (and I am doing this for my foot) I make sure that I drink a lot of water when I come home.  Also, when she adds a new task for me to work on I tend to be pretty tired when I come home so I try to make sure to take a nap.

But drinking a lot of water after your sessions should help with easing some of that pain that you notice afterward the sessions.

From: Kohler <brigbar2 (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>Subject: Re: si joint exercisesTo: VulvarDisorders@ yahoogroups. comDate: Thursday, January 1, 2009, 11:46 AM

Carolyn,

I am always sore the day after.  I see my pt on TUesdays and Thursdays.  MY pain has dissapated really everywhere.  My lower back especially really bothered me. but as I mentioned, I really don't have any pain.  Pt has been so helpful to me..  The pelvic pan area that also bothered me would have been were my ovaries were.  They have since been removed but I would have deep pain like a cramping.

From: "Carolyn52192@ aol.com" <Carolyn52192@ aol.com>To: VulvarDisorders@ yahoogroups. comSent: Thursday, January 1, 2009 9:36:15 AMSubject: Re: si joint exercises

Where did your pain decrease the most?  Did u have any pain when first starting the exercises ( from the exercises)?

Guest guest

That's good that your PT tells you to take it easy after sessions. Taking a nap I found is very helpful even if I only do it for about 20 minutes.

From: Kohler <brigbar2 (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>Subject: Re: si joint exercisesTo: VulvarDisorders@ yahoogroups. comDate: Thursday, January 1, 2009, 11:46 AM

Carolyn,

Guest guest

and Carolyn, Do you all happen to have any links (with photos) to the exercise you are describing. I have had a lot of pain and problems with my right si joint. I really need to find someone who can help me do some good exercises to keep things stable. Chelle

Guest guest

Chelle,The exercises I get from my pt are sheets that she prints off.  I could make copies of what I have and snail mail them to you if you think that would help you.To: VulvarDisorders Sent: Thursday, January 1, 2009 9:18:07 PMSubject: Re: si joint exercises

and Carolyn, Do you all happen to have any links (with photos) to the exercise you are describing.  I have had a lot of pain and problems with my right si joint.  I really need to find someone who can help me do some good exercises to keep things stable.  Chelle

Guest guest

I tried to do a search for the exercises at the newsletter from about.com for Physical Therapy. The site is: http://physicaltherapy.about.com

I couldn't find it there but you may find the information at: http://backandneck.about.com

Subject: Re: si joint exercisesTo: VulvarDisorders Date: Thursday, January 1, 2009, 11:07 PM

Chelle,

The exercises I get from my pt are sheets that she prints off. I could make copies of what I have and snail mail them to you if you think that would help you.

From: Chelle <elliottmag (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>To: VulvarDisorders@ yahoogroups. comSent: Thursday, January 1, 2009 9:18:07 PMSubject: Re: si joint exercises

and Carolyn, Do you all happen to have any links (with photos) to the exercise you are describing. I have had a lot of pain and problems with my right si joint. I really need to find someone who can help me do some good exercises to keep things stable. Chelle