RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Rate this topic

Guest guest

<Right now she can't get sounds out.It's VERY flustrating for both of us,I want her to be able to tell me what she wants and she can't.>

I couldn't possibly miss this portion of your message because it speaks very loudly what I have experienced for so many years with . When he was very small, we were able to use extremely basic communications but never in his life has he been able to tell us what he's feeling or just simply talk to us. He's an adult now but was raised in an time where we had to fight for the rights of children with his level of abilities and/or handicaps. I spend many long hours, weeks, months and years working with local, then state and finally national organizations to help create some of the rights you see today. But today, is no closer to real communications although we have even at this late date, instituted a sign language program for him. We have to get down to his level of view and make sure we are close, making eye contact. He seems to respond although we can't really promise that he is. My personal observation is that he is less frustrated with this. I defininitly know that he has learned to sign "eat" which is his favorite thing to do.

Never give up hope because will be 37 this year and we are still trying.

Alice