RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

RE: estrogen cream

Rate this topic

Guest guest

HI Stacie. ;) Hon if you can't get a compounding pharmacist to make you up the Estradiol (the main ingredient and the kind of estrogen that's in Estrace).... then use the Premarin hon . You might also try to see if you can get a prescription for Estriol a weaker estrogen than Estradiol. It too would likely be compounded but there is one name brand of Estriol I'm aware of called Ovestin. That might be available in Canada, I'm not certain.

So Estriol (the ingredient in Ovestin) Or Estriol itself can be compounded

Or Estradiol (must be compounded) *the ingred. in Estrace* but not avail in Canada.

OR worst case scenario use the Premarin cream but still ok for topical use.

The main reason Estrace is generally suggested is because it's the estrogen that is identical to our own (estradiol) and is what we lose as we age and is the one that is natural to us (they call it bio-identical) and skin thrives on it. (not only skin but the whole body even the brain has E receptors)

Premarin is a synthetic version of estrogen (and barely any estradiol in it but a lot of other things they won't even disclose and made from pregnant horses urine, and not nearly like our own but since you don't want it for HRT replacement and not going to be using it 'sytemically' in your whole body but topically... I'd use it on the vulvar tissue and it can help hon.

Take what you can get hon. I would. ;) hugsDee~

Guest guest

Definitely skip the premarin - get bio-identical compounded cream like Estrace (I use Bi-est compounded in coconut oil.)Premarin is synthetic and not close to what we really need.Warmly,AnnePS Hi sarah!Ive heard bad things about premarin...can you get a compound??? where u can have the estrogen put in a non irritating base??....estrace is most used I think but it is not available in canada, If I remember right. good luck

Guest guest

Hi Dee, I will ask my doctor about the Estradiol. I haven't filled my prescription for the Premarin cream yet. My doctor also prescribed Estrace (in pill format). He recommended I take it a week before and a week after my period to see if it will help. Any thoughts on this? I am 28 years old and have no experience with HRT or menopause. I just hate feeling so dry and irritable. Thanks, StacieDeeTroll wrote: HI Stacie. ;) Hon if you can't get a compounding pharmacist to make you up the Estradiol (the main ingredient and the kind of estrogen that's in Estrace).... then use the Premarin hon . You might also try to see if you can get a prescription for Estriol a weaker estrogen than Estradiol. It too would likely be compounded but there is one name brand of Estriol I'm aware of called Ovestin. That might be available in Canada, I'm not certain. So Estriol (the ingredient in Ovestin) Or Estriol itself can be compounded Or Estradiol (must be compounded) *the ingred. in Estrace* but not avail in Canada. OR worst case scenario use the Premarin cream but still ok for topical use. The main reason Estrace is generally suggested is because it's the estrogen that is identical to our own (estradiol) and is what we lose as we age and is the one that is natural to us (they call it bio-identical) and skin thrives on it. (not only skin but the whole body even the brain has E receptors) Premarin is a synthetic version of estrogen (and barely any estradiol in it but a lot of other things they won't even disclose and made from pregnant horses urine, and not nearly like our own but since you don't want it for HRT replacement and not going to be using it 'sytemically' in your whole body but topically... I'd use it on the vulvar tissue and it can help hon. Take what you can get hon. I would. ;) hugsDee~

Now you can have a huge leap forward in email: get the new Yahoo! Mail.

Guest guest

Hi Dee, I will ask my doctor about the Estradiol. I haven't filled my prescription for the Premarin cream yet. My doctor also prescribed Estrace (in pill format). He recommended I take it a week before and a week after my period to see if it will help. Any thoughts on this? I am 28 years old and have no experience with HRT or menopause. I just hate feeling so dry and irritable. Thanks, StacieDeeTroll wrote: HI Stacie. ;) Hon if you can't get a compounding pharmacist to make you up the Estradiol (the main ingredient and the kind of estrogen that's in Estrace).... then use the Premarin hon . You might also try to see if you can get a prescription for Estriol a weaker estrogen than Estradiol. It too would likely be compounded but there is one name brand of Estriol I'm aware of called Ovestin. That might be available in Canada, I'm not certain. So Estriol (the ingredient in Ovestin) Or Estriol itself can be compounded Or Estradiol (must be compounded) *the ingred. in Estrace* but not avail in Canada. OR worst case scenario use the Premarin cream but still ok for topical use. The main reason Estrace is generally suggested is because it's the estrogen that is identical to our own (estradiol) and is what we lose as we age and is the one that is natural to us (they call it bio-identical) and skin thrives on it. (not only skin but the whole body even the brain has E receptors) Premarin is a synthetic version of estrogen (and barely any estradiol in it but a lot of other things they won't even disclose and made from pregnant horses urine, and not nearly like our own but since you don't want it for HRT replacement and not going to be using it 'sytemically' in your whole body but topically... I'd use it on the vulvar tissue and it can help hon. Take what you can get hon. I would. ;) hugsDee~

The best gets better. See why everyone is raving about the All-new Yahoo! Mail.

Guest guest

Stacie, were you checked for hormone levels, or did you have a hysterectomy?

I use Vivelle.dot estradiol patches for menopause and they have been enough to stop the dryness and problems associated with that. I use the .075 mg

Dusty

-----Original Message-----From: VulvarDisorders [mailto:VulvarDisorders ] On Behalf Of Stacie VaughanSent: Tuesday, September 12, 2006 10:34 PMTo: VulvarDisorders Subject: Re: estrogen cream

Hi Dee,

I will ask my doctor about the Estradiol. I haven't filled my prescription for the Premarin cream yet.

My doctor also prescribed Estrace (in pill format). He recommended I take it a week before and a week after my period to see if it will help. Any thoughts on this? I am 28 years old and have no experience with HRT or menopause. I just hate feeling so dry and irritable.

Thanks,

StacieDeeTroll <dtrollcboss> wrote:

HI Stacie. ;) Hon if you can't get a compounding pharmacist to make you up the Estradiol (the main ingredient and the kind of estrogen that's in Estrace).... then use the Premarin hon . You might also try to see if you can get a prescription for Estriol a weaker estrogen than Estradiol. It too would likely be compounded but there is one name brand of Estriol I'm aware of called Ovestin. That might be available in Canada, I'm not certain.

So Estriol (the ingredient in Ovestin) Or Estriol itself can be compounded

Or Estradiol (must be compounded) *the ingred. in Estrace* but not avail in Canada.

OR worst case scenario use the Premarin cream but still ok for topical use.

The main reason Estrace is generally suggested is because it's the estrogen that is identical to our own (estradiol) and is what we lose as we age and is the one that is natural to us (they call it bio-identical) and skin thrives on it. (not only skin but the whole body even the brain has E receptors)

Premarin is a synthetic version of estrogen (and barely any estradiol in it but a lot of other things they won't even disclose and made from pregnant horses urine, and not nearly like our own but since you don't want it for HRT replacement and not going to be using it 'sytemically' in your whole body but topically... I'd use it on the vulvar tissue and it can help hon.

Take what you can get hon. I would. ;) hugsDee~

The best gets better. See why everyone is raving about the All-new Yahoo! Mail.

Guest guest

Dusty, I had my hormone levels checked a few months ago and it came back normal. I haven't had a hysterectomy and my periods are usually normal although my last one was only 4 days long. I will ask my doctor if Vivelle is available in Canada. The only thing he gave me was Estrace (pill) and Premarin cream. StacieDusty wrote: Stacie, were you checked for hormone

levels, or did you have a hysterectomy? I use Vivelle.dot estradiol patches for menopause and they have been enough to stop the dryness and problems associated with that. I use the .075 mg Dusty -----Original Message-----From: VulvarDisorders [mailto:VulvarDisorders ] On Behalf Of Stacie

VaughanSent: Tuesday, September 12, 2006 10:34 PMTo: VulvarDisorders Subject: Re: estrogen cream Hi Dee, I will ask my doctor about the Estradiol. I haven't filled my prescription for the Premarin cream yet. My doctor also prescribed Estrace (in pill format). He recommended I take it a week before and a week after my period to see if it will help. Any thoughts on this? I am 28 years old and have no experience with HRT or menopause. I just hate feeling so dry and irritable. Thanks, StacieDeeTroll <dtrollcboss> wrote: HI Stacie. ;) Hon if you can't get a compounding pharmacist to

make you up the Estradiol (the main ingredient and the kind of estrogen that's in Estrace).... then use the Premarin hon . You might also try to see if you can get a prescription for Estriol a weaker estrogen than Estradiol. It too would likely be compounded but there is one name brand of Estriol I'm aware of called Ovestin. That might be available in Canada, I'm not certain. So Estriol (the ingredient in Ovestin) Or Estriol itself can be compounded Or Estradiol (must be compounded) *the ingred. in Estrace* but not avail in Canada. OR worst case scenario use the Premarin cream but still ok for topical use. The main reason Estrace is generally suggested is because it's the

estrogen that is identical to our own (estradiol) and is what we lose as we age and is the one that is natural to us (they call it bio-identical) and skin thrives on it. (not only skin but the whole body even the brain has E receptors) Premarin is a synthetic version of estrogen (and barely any estradiol in it but a lot of other things they won't even disclose and made from pregnant horses urine, and not nearly like our own but since you don't want it for HRT replacement and not going to be using it 'sytemically' in your whole body but topically... I'd use it on the vulvar tissue and it can help hon. Take what you can get hon. I would. ;) hugsDee~ The best gets better. See why everyone is raving about the All-new Yahoo! Mail.

Share your photos with the people who matter at Yahoo! Canada Photos

Guest guest

I am remembering all of your information about the Pharmacy in Bellevue and compounding with emu, olive oil, or coconut oil. So, I'll give something a little more benign a try.

Good luck, Sally!

Hollis

Guest guest

I am remembering all of your information about the Pharmacy in Bellevue and compounding with emu, olive oil, or coconut oil. So, I'll give something a little more benign a try.

Good luck, Sally!

Hollis