RemedySpot.com

Re: Hurricane Rita....darn!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am in a mobile home too and the fire chief (friend of Hanks) just called and asked if I had a safe place to go! There are people coming here to get out of harms way. Well, there are no hotel rooms in town and I'm not leaving my dogs so I don't know what's going to happen. I hope I am worrying for nothing.

Grammy PatThe only way to find the limits of the possible is by going beyond them to the impossible.

-Arthur C. e

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am in a mobile home too and the fire chief (friend of Hanks) just called and asked if I had a safe place to go! There are people coming here to get out of harms way. Well, there are no hotel rooms in town and I'm not leaving my dogs so I don't know what's going to happen. I hope I am worrying for nothing.

Grammy PatThe only way to find the limits of the possible is by going beyond them to the impossible.

-Arthur C. e

-Arthur C. e

Melody,

I was around in 1961 when Hurricane Carla came along. I lived just

about halfway between where you are now and San . We

had a tornado near us. There was damage from Carla as far north as

Dallas. So, if you're in a mobile home...GET OUT! Listen to the

experts. It can cause damage where you are! We need you!

Kathleen

> Here I was all ready to post and tell anyone who needs to evacuate

> from Rita are welcome to come to my house - and now on the news they

> are saying that everyone in Atascosa county living in mobile homes

> should move away and to someplace more " stable " - what the heck???

> I'm not leaving! sheesh.....I can't believe it's supposed to get that

> bad...this far in!

>

> Guess I'll have to hit walmart tomorrow and grab a few supplies in

> case it floods huh? This sucks! Melody

Melody,

Kathleen

> bad...this far in!

>

Melody,

Kathleen

> bad...this far in!

>

I hope you are worrying needlessly Pat, but take the dogs and go

somewhere! We need you. Just get away to be safe whether you

have a motel or not. Even if you have to sleep in your car or truck or

van. Don't wait too long. Just be safe!

Kathleen

> I am in a mobile home too and the fire chief (friend of Hanks) just

> called and asked if I had a safe place to go! There are people coming

> here to get out of harms way. Well, there are no hotel rooms in town

> and I'm not leaving my dogs so I don't know what's going to happen. I

> hope I am worrying for nothing.

>

> Grammy Pat

Kathleen

>

> Grammy Pat

Kathleen

>

> Grammy Pat

LOL that's exactly what I said! We have 3 dogs and a cat and I'm NOT leaving them - I don't think it'll be too bad here - we are surrounded by a ton of trees (which I know "could" be bad, but it can be good for blocking wind too) - I will flip my table and bring in my chairs and cushions and such (I refuse to lose another glass top table LOL) I told Mikey we'll hit Walmart in the morning and pick up some necessities just in case we get flooded in....but other than that I'm stayin' put :)

I'll be praying that this thing lessens so we're all safe!

HUGS!!

Melody

-----Original Message-----From: TexasTOPS [mailto:TexasTOPS ] On Behalf Of PattycakesSent: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 10:38 PMTo: TexasTOPS Subject: Re: Hurricane Rita....darn!

-Arthur C. e

They said on the news that all the stop points in San , Austin, College Station, etc all have the Humane Society there to help with lodging for animals that are being evacuated too so that's a good thing :)

Melody

-----Original Message-----From: TexasTOPS [mailto:TexasTOPS ] On Behalf Of PattycakesSent: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 10:38 PMTo: TexasTOPS Subject: Re: Hurricane Rita....darn!

-Arthur C. e

If you insist on staying, I hope & pray that your trailer is tied down really

well. I really agree with Kathleen that you should take Mikey, & the animals

and leave for the weekend.

Helon

>

>

> Date: 2005/09/22 Thu AM 12:15:20 EDT

> To: <TexasTOPS >

> Subject: RE: Hurricane Rita....darn!

>

> LOL that's exactly what I said! We have 3 dogs and a cat and I'm NOT

> leaving them - I don't think it'll be too bad here - we are surrounded

> by a ton of trees (which I know " could " be bad, but it can be good for

> blocking wind too) - I will flip my table and bring in my chairs and

> cushions and such (I refuse to lose another glass top table LOL) I told

> Mikey we'll hit Walmart in the morning and pick up some necessities just

> in case we get flooded in....but other than that I'm stayin' put :)

>

> I'll be praying that this thing lessens so we're all safe!

> HUGS!!

> Melody

>

> Re: Hurricane Rita....darn!

>

>

> here to get out of harms way. Well, there are no hotel rooms in town and

> I'm not leaving my dogs so I don't know what's going to happen. I hope I

> am worrying for nothing.

>

> Grammy Pat

> The only way to find the limits of the possible

> is by going beyond them to the impossible.

>

> -Arthur C. e

>

>

>

> EMAIL SUPPORT TEXAS-STYLE!!

> THE CRAZIEST BUNCH OF " LOSERS " ON THE 'NET'!!

> Visit us on the web: http://www.texastops.org

>

>

>

>

>

I thought about it for about 2 seconds, I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that it could be that bad ya know? we're over 100 miles away from Corpus and waaaayyyy farther than that from Galveston - I can understand it getting a little windy and maybe pretty rainy, possibly even a little flooding - but that kind of damage....just having a hard time believing it could get that far ya know??

My dad and step mom called and told me we could all head to their house....which is funny considering they live in a double wide too! LOL That song keeps going through my head "no where to run to baby....no where to hide" LOL

Melody

-----Original Message-----From: TexasTOPS [mailto:TexasTOPS ] On Behalf Of KathleenSent: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 10:43 PMTo: TexasTOPS Subject: Re: Hurricane Rita....darn!Melody,I was around in 1961 when Hurricane Carla came along. I lived just about halfway between where you are now and San . We had a tornado near us. There was damage from Carla as far north as Dallas. So, if you're in a mobile home...GET OUT! Listen to the experts. It can cause damage where you are! We need you!Kathleen> Here I was all ready to post and tell anyone who needs to evacuate> from Rita are welcome to come to my house - and now on the news they> are saying that everyone in Atascosa county living in mobile homes> should move away and to someplace more "stable" - what the heck??? > I'm not leaving! sheesh.....I can't believe it's supposed to get that> bad...this far in!> > Guess I'll have to hit walmart tomorrow and grab a few supplies in> case it floods huh? This sucks! Melody

I thought about it for about 2 seconds, I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that it could be that bad ya know? we're over 100 miles away from Corpus and waaaayyyy farther than that from Galveston - I can understand it getting a little windy and maybe pretty rainy, possibly even a little flooding - but that kind of damage....just having a hard time believing it could get that far ya know??

My dad and step mom called and told me we could all head to their house....which is funny considering they live in a double wide too! LOL That song keeps going through my head "no where to run to baby....no where to hide" LOL

Melody

-----Original Message-----From: TexasTOPS [mailto:TexasTOPS ] On Behalf Of KathleenSent: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 10:43 PMTo: TexasTOPS Subject: Re: Hurricane Rita....darn!Melody,I was around in 1961 when Hurricane Carla came along. I lived just about halfway between where you are now and San . We had a tornado near us. There was damage from Carla as far north as Dallas. So, if you're in a mobile home...GET OUT! Listen to the experts. It can cause damage where you are! We need you!Kathleen> Here I was all ready to post and tell anyone who needs to evacuate> from Rita are welcome to come to my house - and now on the news they> are saying that everyone in Atascosa county living in mobile homes> should move away and to someplace more "stable" - what the heck??? > I'm not leaving! sheesh.....I can't believe it's supposed to get that> bad...this far in!> > Guess I'll have to hit walmart tomorrow and grab a few supplies in> case it floods huh? This sucks! Melody

Melody

I hope it is too....might be something else I check on tomorrow LOL I just better not lose my internet connection! I can handle losing the satellite.....but we all know what happens when the internet goes away LOL

Melody

Re: Hurricane Rita....darn!> > > I am in a mobile home too and the fire chief (friend of Hanks) just> called and asked if I had a safe place to go! There are people coming> here to get out of harms way. Well, there are no hotel rooms in town and> I'm not leaving my dogs so I don't know what's going to happen. I hope I> am worrying for nothing.> > Grammy Pat> The only way to find the limits of the possible> is by going beyond them to the impossible.> > -Arthur C. e> > > > EMAIL SUPPORT TEXAS-STYLE!!> THE CRAZIEST BUNCH OF "LOSERS" ON THE 'NET'!!> Visit us on the web: http://www.texastops.org > > > > >

I hope it is too....might be something else I check on tomorrow LOL I just better not lose my internet connection! I can handle losing the satellite.....but we all know what happens when the internet goes away LOL

Melody

Re: Hurricane Rita....darn!> > > I am in a mobile home too and the fire chief (friend of Hanks) just> called and asked if I had a safe place to go! There are people coming> here to get out of harms way. Well, there are no hotel rooms in town and> I'm not leaving my dogs so I don't know what's going to happen. I hope I> am worrying for nothing.> > Grammy Pat> The only way to find the limits of the possible> is by going beyond them to the impossible.> > -Arthur C. e> > > > EMAIL SUPPORT TEXAS-STYLE!!> THE CRAZIEST BUNCH OF "LOSERS" ON THE 'NET'!!> Visit us on the web: http://www.texastops.org > > > > >

Melody

Melody ~ I believe I've heard too that if you're in a mobile home - to leave a window or two cracked a little --- for the pressure ???!!!!! Or is that for a tornado ???!!!!! Hugs, Randie ~~~~ who is keeping a DEFINITE eye on Rita !!!!!!

Melody

I agree with Kathleen, the headline when I got on here said in so many words it hasn't slowed down. We have a daughter a lot closer than you they are in one of the suburbs of Houston with all their animals they may decide to set it out I hope not they do have an RV big enough to carry all the dogs. They have married children in Abilene and San . But it would be better to be safe than injured.

Betty 2

Melody

I agree with Kathleen, the headline when I got on here said in so many words it hasn't slowed down. We have a daughter a lot closer than you they are in one of the suburbs of Houston with all their animals they may decide to set it out I hope not they do have an RV big enough to carry all the dogs. They have married children in Abilene and San . But it would be better to be safe than injured.

Betty 2

Melody

Betty 2

am in a mobile home too and the fire chief (friend of Hanks) just called and asked if I had a safe place to go! There are people coming here to get out of harms way. Well, there are no hotel rooms in town and I'm not leaving my dogs so I don't know what's going to happen. I hope I am worrying for nothing.

Take the dogs and go until you find a place to stop!!!!

Betty 2

am in a mobile home too and the fire chief (friend of Hanks) just called and asked if I had a safe place to go! There are people coming here to get out of harms way. Well, there are no hotel rooms in town and I'm not leaving my dogs so I don't know what's going to happen. I hope I am worrying for nothing.

Betty 2

Betty 2